Actual college football content

JGibson

Jun 27, 2017, 11:16:56 AM6/27/17
Some of the preview rags are out, and therefore Stassen has started to build the consensus for this year:

http://preseason.stassen.com/consensus/2017.html
4 magazines in, and Alabama is #1 with Ohio State #2.

Current projected conference or division champs:
American East - South Florida
American West - Navy
ACC Atlantic - Florida State
ACC Coastal - Miami
Big Ten East - Ohio State
Big Ten West - Wisconsin
Big XII - Oklahoma
CUSA East - Western Kentucky
CUSA West - Louisiana Tech
MAC East - Miami
MAC West - Toledo
Mountain West Mountain - Boise State
Mountain West West - San Diego State
Pac-12 North - Washington
Pac-12 South - Southern California
SEC East - Georgia
SEC West - Alabama
Sun Belt - Appalachian State

xyzzy

Jun 27, 2017, 11:22:59 AM6/27/17
On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 11:16:56 AM UTC-4, JGibson wrote:
> Some of the preview rags are out, and therefore Stassen has started to build the consensus for this year:
>
> http://preseason.stassen.com/consensus/2017.html
> 4 magazines in, and Alabama is #1 with Ohio State #2.
>
> Current projected conference or division champs:
> American East - South Florida
> American West - Navy
> ACC Atlantic - Florida State
> ACC Coastal - Miami

Often picked. Never won.

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Jun 27, 2017, 11:46:17 AM6/27/17
You could present this list about every year and most people wouldn't
notice the difference.

--
Fast, reliable, cheap. Pick two and we'll talk.
-- unknown

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2017, 1:23:05 PM6/27/17
They have Mark Richt now. Ran the dominate UGA program

michael anderson

Jun 27, 2017, 1:27:49 PM6/27/17
how often have they really been picked? I can't remember a time in which Miami has been very good, or people thought they were going to be very good(well I do remember, but it was a long time ago)

xyzzy

Jun 27, 2017, 1:39:05 PM6/27/17
2006, 2013, 2014

xyzzy

Jun 27, 2017, 1:40:04 PM6/27/17
heh

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 27, 2017, 2:25:18 PM6/27/17
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:16:53 -0700 (PDT), JGibson
<james.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Some of the preview rags are out, and therefore Stassen has started to build the consensus for this year:
>
>http://preseason.stassen.com/consensus/2017.html
>4 magazines in, and Alabama is #1 with Ohio State #2.

Several picks I have seen say Bama and FSU could repeat in the NC
game.

Others say if Cow U. was in the East the Iron Bowl would be for the
NC.

I think I'll wait until the games are played.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

JGibson

Jun 27, 2017, 2:57:11 PM6/27/17
So far, Miami and Va Tech are split with 2 division championships each. But Lindy's put Va Tech 3rd behind Miami and GA Tech whereas both magazines that had VA Tech first had Miami 2nd, so Miami holds that spot for now.

JGibson

Jun 27, 2017, 2:58:33 PM6/27/17
On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 11:46:17 AM UTC-4, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:
Yes, other than Washington, looks like the list could have come almost any time in the last 10 or so years.

Michael Press

Jun 27, 2017, 3:19:25 PM6/27/17
In article <75802079-52f0-4096...@googlegroups.com>,
JGibson <james.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some of the preview rags are out, and therefore Stassen has started to build the consensus for this year:
>
> http://preseason.stassen.com/consensus/2017.html
> 4 magazines in, and Alabama is #1 with Ohio State #2.
>
> Current projected conference or division champs:
> American East - South Florida
> American West - Navy
> ACC Atlantic - Florida State
> ACC Coastal - Miami

They like Florida.

> Big Ten East - Ohio State
> Big Ten West - Wisconsin

I suppose they need to pick somebody.

> Big XII - Oklahoma
> CUSA East - Western Kentucky
> CUSA West - Louisiana Tech
> MAC East - Miami
> MAC West - Toledo

They like Ohio.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press

Jun 27, 2017, 3:20:16 PM6/27/17
In article <slrnol4ve1.8...@kim.perusion.com>,
[Holds up hand]

--
Michael Press

michael anderson

Jun 27, 2017, 3:49:35 PM6/27/17
well in 2 of those years(2013 and 2014) Miami was *UNRANKED* to start the season....so they clearly weren't thought of very highly. If they were picked to win that division of the acc, that simply says that preseason writers viewed all the acc teams in that division to be bad and just had to pick one.

But like I said, it's been forever since Miami was supposed to be 'good' going into a season. They haven't really exceeded expectations(ie been good), but they haven't really underperformed either. They've done about as well as you would expect a near perennial now unranked preseason team to do.