Steve Scalise

xyzzy

Jun 15, 2017, 10:40:33 AM6/15/17
I kept hearing conflicting news updates on whether he is critical or stable. Looks like for now the correct status is critical.

If he were to die of these wounds (which doesn't seem likely) IMO the DNC should react by saying that "we will not contest the special election for his seat and if any Democrat signs up to run we will not support that candidate. Because violence is an unacceptable way to change the composition of Congress and we want no part of it."

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Jun 15, 2017, 10:43:59 AM6/15/17
On Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 9:40:33 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> I kept hearing conflicting news updates on whether he is critical or stable. Looks like for now the correct status is critical.
>
> If he were to die of these wounds (which doesn't seem likely) IMO the DNC should react by saying that "we will not contest the special election for his seat and if any Democrat signs up to run we will not support that candidate. Because violence is an unacceptable way to change the composition of Congress and we want no part of it."

I strongly support this and should it happen the other way, same.

I am hopeful tho, that it won't be necessary now or in the future

razorn...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2017, 12:07:39 PM6/15/17
On Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 10:40:33 AM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote:
> I kept hearing conflicting news updates on whether he is critical or stable. Looks like for now the correct status is critical.
>
> If he were to die of these wounds (which doesn't seem likely) IMO the DNC should react by saying that "we will not contest the special election for his seat and if any Democrat signs up to run we will not support that candidate. Because violence is an unacceptable way to change the composition of Congress and we want no part of it."

I'm not sure I agree. And please, remember I said "I'm not sure". I like the sentiment, but this is a country born out of violence. I'm not real happy about the Congress attitude that they're having a friendly debate about policies. No. These are life and death issues for millions of people. And they aren't doing shit for how long now? Our government is a farce. Historically, how do we deal with that? We are not being represented by our Representatives. How do we deal with that? I don't know. It won't be me that lights the fire. But if it happens, I won't be on the same side as most of you. And I'm outta here - hopefully for the last time. AFO&U.

michael anderson

Jun 15, 2017, 12:13:16 PM6/15/17
On Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 9:40:33 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> I kept hearing conflicting news updates on whether he is critical or stable. Looks like for now the correct status is critical.
>
> If he were to die of these wounds (which doesn't seem likely) IMO the DNC should react by saying that "we will not contest the special election for his seat and if any Democrat signs up to run we will not support that candidate. Because violence is an unacceptable way to change the composition of Congress and we want no part of it."

If kendall/kylie(I get them confused) jenner become single soon, I'm going to take myself out of the running in terms of the suitor race. Same for that hot girl from the hunger games.

That louisiana district is one of the reddest in the country...the dems announcing they won't contest it would be of little meaning. they arent going to meaningfully contest it/put any money into it regardless.

Michael Press

Jun 15, 2017, 2:41:42 PM6/15/17
In article <e34ef12e-cbd3-4a92...@googlegroups.com>,
xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I kept hearing conflicting news updates on whether he is critical or stable. Looks like for now the correct status is critical.
>
> If he were to die of these wounds (which doesn't seem likely) IMO the DNC should react by saying that "we will not contest the special election for his seat and if any Democrat signs up to run we will not support that candidate. Because violence is an unacceptable way to change the composition of Congress and we want no part of it."

The DNC needs to come out against all violence in the name of politics
not just that against government officials. Fourteenth amendment
mandates equal protection under the law.

--
Michael Press

dotsla...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2017, 3:06:43 PM6/15/17
This is the outcome I fully expected. We've had years of stories of right wing violence - dude that shot giffords, dude that shot up that pizza joint, dude that stabbed the black soldier to death.

Stuff y'all not only refuse to disavow, you refuse to even, in most cases, acknowledge.

And one left wing wacko does the same thing and all the sudden it's "told you the left was violent!!!" and expectations of what we should do when you did nothing and expected nothing from the gop during all those other shootings / stabbings. Hell the only two gop officials that did acknowledge any of this - McCain and Steele - are now party pariahs.

It'd be unbelievable if hypocrisy wasn't, you know, what we've all come to expect.

Google right wing vs Muslim terrorism since 911 for some actual insight.

Cheers.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 15, 2017, 3:33:39 PM6/15/17
On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 07:40:30 -0700 (PDT), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I kept hearing conflicting news updates on whether he is critical or stable=
>=2E Looks like for now the correct status is critical.
>
>If he were to die of these wounds (which doesn't seem likely) IMO the DNC s=
>hould react by saying that "we will not contest the special election for hi=
>s seat and if any Democrat signs up to run we will not support that candida=
>te. Because violence is an unacceptable way to change the composition of =
>Congress and we want no part of it."

I hate to disagree with you when you try to be nice...

Life happens. I think the libs have created a scenario where some
deranged people commit such violence BUT I don't believe every liberal
should have to take the blame for murder even though the oft used
response is "it's okay if that's what he wanted".

In fact I suspect any intelligent lib understands that killing hurts
more than helps.

If there is guilt it's that libs publicly condemn murder but litlle is
said about lawbreaking protestors.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

Emperor Wonko the Sane

Jun 15, 2017, 3:40:01 PM6/15/17
On Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 2:06:43 PM UTC-5, dotsla...@gmail.com wrote:
> This is the outcome I fully expected. We've had years of stories of right wing violence - dude that shot giffords, dude that shot up that pizza joint, dude that stabbed the black soldier to death.

First, Loughner (the guy who shot Giffords) had nothing to do with the right wing. From what they could make of his nonsensical ramblings, he was closer to the left. Second, everyone, left and right, condemned these craven acts. It's telling that you could only come up with three, and didn't even mention the South Carolina and Atlanta Olympics. There are and have been just as many nutjobs on the left as right, from the Unabomber on down. And that doesn't even include the fact that it is far more likely for a left wing protest to turn violent. From what I can tell, claiming the right is more violent is just a projection from the left.

Doug

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Jun 15, 2017, 4:19:31 PM6/15/17
This would be more credible if members of their leadership didn't call
Republicans murderers on a daily basis.

Someone gave Bernie Sanders credit for his pro-forma denial. I say
bullshit. Just last week he accused Republicans of "murdering the
planet". When Gabby Giffords was shot he sent out fundraising emails
blaming right-wing rhetoric for the shooting, even though the shooter
was loony tunes and had been tracking Giffords for three years prior
to the shooting. An excerpt:

Nobody can honestly express surprise that such a tragedy finally
occurred. ... Congresswoman Giffords publicly expressed
concerns when Sarah Palin, on her website, placed her district
in the cross-hairs of a rifle -- and identified her by name
below the image -- as an encouragement to Palin supporters to
eliminate her from Congress. ... In light of all of this
violence -- both actual and threatened -- is Arizona a state
in which people who are not Republicans are able to participate
freely and fully in the democratic process? Have right-wing
reactionaries, through threats and acts of violence, intimidated
people with different points of view from expressing their
political positions? My colleague, Senator John McCain, issued a
very strong statement after the shooting in which he condemned
the perpetrator of the attack. I commend him for that. But I
believe Senator McCain and other Arizona Republicans need to do
more. As the elder statesman of Arizona politics McCain needs to
stand up and denounce the increasingly violent rhetoric coming
from the right-wing and exert his influence to create a civil
political environment in his state.

What gall. Now he calls Republicans murderers and right on schedule,
in the next couple of weeks, his campaign worker attempts to murder
Republicans.

Leading Democrats including Sanders, Warren, and Biden are routinely
calling Republcans murderers and terrorists. It is not surprising that
a Bernie-bro took it to heart.

Calling people who are skeptical about climate disaster "deniers",
likening them to Nazis. Calling yourself "the Resistance", again
likening your opposition to the Nazis. Rioting to prevent speech
by your opposition. The left is fascist, is to blame for the climate
of hate, and should feel ashamed of themselves.

--
People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry

dotsla...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2017, 4:22:01 PM6/15/17
I came up with those off the top of my head, doug, and provided an easy google suggestion for you to look at empirical evidence. Didn't even bother calling out all the doctors killed / clinics bombed by your true believers. That's just sort of ongoing for decades now - barely reported on - *expected*.

I'll give you the spoiler on that Google search I suggested. No group has committed more terrorist acts or killed more Americans than right wing whackos since 911.

Cheers.

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2017, 4:38:45 PM6/15/17
Stable is not a condition.

Critica, Fair, etc are conditions.

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Jun 15, 2017, 4:40:49 PM6/15/17
Lefty that she is, Camille Paglia is quite perceptive:

Had Hillary won, everyone would have expected disappointed Trump
voters to show a modicum of respect for the electoral results as well
as for the historic ceremony of the inauguration, during which former
combatants momentarily unite to pay homage to the peaceful transition
of power in our democracy. But that was not the reaction of a vast
cadre of Democrats shocked by Trump's win. In an abject failure of
leadership that may be one of the most disgraceful episodes in the
history of the modern Democratic party, Chuck Schumer, who had risen
to become the Senate Democratic leader after the retirement of Harry
Reid, asserted absolutely no moral authority as the party spun out of
control in a nationwide orgy of rage and spite. Nor were there
statesmanlike words of caution and restraint from two seasoned
politicians whom I have admired for decades and believe should have
run for president long ago -- Senator Dianne Feinstein and
Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi. How do Democrats imagine they can ever
expand their electoral support if they go on and on in this self-
destructive way, impugning half the nation as vile racists and
homophobes?

And yesterday we reaped the results of this failure of leadership.

--
Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities,
we didn't have to produce anything! You've never been out of college!

wolfie

Jun 15, 2017, 5:36:54 PM6/15/17

"Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" wrote

> ... yesterday we reaped the results of this failure of leadership.

You lie! ($1)

dotsla...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2017, 5:40:42 PM6/15/17
A lot of dems could have behaved better after trump won. No argument there.

Cheers.

Michael Press

Jun 15, 2017, 6:48:07 PM6/15/17
In article <f00f3437-6b26-4f2b...@googlegroups.com>,
Democratic Party started a shooting war. I win.

--
Michael Press

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2017, 7:41:33 PM6/15/17
On Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 7:40:33 AM UTC-7, xyzzy wrote:
> I kept hearing conflicting news updates on whether he is critical or stable. Looks like for now the correct status is critical.
>
> If he were to die of these wounds (which doesn't seem likely) IMO the DNC should react by saying that "we will not contest the special election for his seat and if any Democrat signs up to run we will not support that candidate. Because violence is an unacceptable way to change the composition of Congress and we want no part of it."

I'd agree, except you know it wouldn't go the other way.

Mike (Which see Paul Wellstone)

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2017, 7:43:10 PM6/15/17
On Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 11:41:42 AM UTC-7, Michael Press wrote:
]
> The DNC needs to come out against all violence in the name of politics
> not just that against government officials. Fourteenth amendment
> mandates equal protection under the law.

Funny the RepugnantPigs want to use the 14th now, when it's clear that some of the most virulent anger is decisions based on same, which require it's repeal to change...

Mike

Ken Olson

Jun 15, 2017, 10:58:15 PM6/15/17
On 6/15/2017 5:40 PM, dotsla...@gmail.com wrote:
> A lot of dems could have behaved better after trump won. No argument there.
>
> Cheers.

I thought Chuck Todd's near-crying was hilarious.

CtrlAltDel

Jun 16, 2017, 3:22:01 AM6/16/17
What a pussy, pussy, pussy response. The correct response is this:

Thanks for the words of almost practical condolence and have a nice day.
Instead, you place equal shame on the innocent, the non-violent. WTF?
It's like your kids got killed by Muslims and you come out and proclaim
that Islam is not evil and you sure hope fundy Baptists don't also start
sacrificing victims to their GOD.

Well, great, let's hope.

CtrlAltDel

Jun 16, 2017, 3:25:33 AM6/16/17
Look everyone, a drone programmed by CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, and the rest of
the Democrat's associates believes that Trump really, really wants to
murder tens of millions of Americans.

They have been told this. Fools like this don't have these types of ideas
on their own because they don't have the intellectual capacity to form
these thoughts on their own.

Who told a person like this that Trump needs to die to save millions of
innocent lives? I think we all know the answer to that quesion.

CtrlAltDel

Jun 16, 2017, 3:31:56 AM6/16/17
I stopped reading at "dude who shot Giffords". That is a lie. The dude
who shot Giffords was a leftist. Stop the fucking lying. That is almost
as good as the McVeigh killed all those folks for Jeebus because he went
to church one time when he was 12 years old.

He killed all those people because Reno intentionally had almost a hundred
children burned alive and said it was good policy. I guess not too many
children have been murdered by the government by then have they?

Therefore, unfortunately for liberals, McVeigh is not just the same as
Muslims and he didn't murder for religion.

CtrlAltDel

Jun 16, 2017, 3:38:51 AM6/16/17
How is killing a person that is gaining pleasure and actually having
orgasms from killing helpless people determined to be wacko behavior?
Gosnell would rip them out of the pussy and slowly choke human beings to
death on his blood letting table, let them breathe, choke them again, let
them breathe, and torture them by thumping their faces and crushing them,
breaking limbs and watching the snot lumps squirm, etc...

You are a sick bastard to support this kind of horror.