Deer credit card issuers

xyzzy

Jun 5, 2017, 3:25:27 PM6/5/17
I know you think it's cool to use innovative formats for credit cards.. LIke portrait orientation, or all the information on the back so the front can be a pretty picture.

It's all fun and games until you try to scan the card in for Apple Pay, or Amazon checkout, etc.

I don't like having to type in all the numbers by hand when a scan would have worked. Please stop it.

xyzzy

Jun 5, 2017, 3:34:04 PM6/5/17

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2017, 6:15:37 PM6/5/17
Is Apple pay the greatest thing ever?

Especially when you're always schlepping luggage and spending doll3rs?

xyzzy

Jun 6, 2017, 9:47:04 AM6/6/17
On Monday, June 5, 2017 at 6:15:37 PM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Is Apple pay the greatest thing ever?
>
> Especially when you're always schlepping luggage and spending doll3rs?

I've never actually used Apple Pay after I set it up.

I had the stumble with this card on Amazon checkout, just used Apple Pay as an example because it's the one I suspect most people have used to scan in cards.

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2017, 2:07:29 PM6/6/17
I like the scan feature.

You need to use Apple Pay

Michael Press

Jun 6, 2017, 5:33:46 PM6/6/17
In article <789e530e-6d86-4628...@googlegroups.com>,
"the_andr...@yahoo.com" <agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is Apple pay the greatest thing ever?
>
> Especially when you're always schlepping luggage and spending doll3rs?

I use a credit card and nothing else.

What are the benefits and costs of Apple pay?

--
Michael Press

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2017, 6:55:11 PM6/6/17
Apple Pay uses your credit card. It's essentially a credit card magic wand. They ring up your stuff. You double click your phone. It vibrates. Voila! No digging out your wallet.

There is no direct financial charge for using it.

..:for now.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 7, 2017, 6:16:10 AM6/7/17
On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 15:55:10 -0700 (PDT), "the_andr...@yahoo.com"
<agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Apple Pay uses your credit card. It's essentially a credit card magic wand. They ring up your stuff. You double click your phone. It vibrates. Voila! No digging out your wallet.

But you don't have to dig out your cell phone???

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2017, 6:59:03 AM6/7/17
Cell phone easier to get out.

My CC is in a little money clip wallet. I have to get my wallet out, find the cc, etc.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 7, 2017, 9:02:17 AM6/7/17
I have a little money clip wallet also.

It has separate pockets for driver's license, car insurance, military
ID, pacemaker and cataract info and credit card.

My cell phone is at the house OR in the car with the power off. I just
have one to take robocalls.

If you are ever around here I'll race you to see who pays first. :)

xyzzy

Jun 7, 2017, 9:15:10 AM6/7/17
On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 6:16:10 AM UTC-4, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 15:55:10 -0700 (PDT), "the_andr...@yahoo.com"
> <agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Apple Pay uses your credit card. It's essentially a credit card magic wand. They ring up your stuff. You double click your phone. It vibrates. Voila! No digging out your wallet.
>
> But you don't have to dig out your cell phone???

Clearly you're an olde. The cell phone is always out if you're a millennial.

I'm not quite that obsessed with mine but it is easier to reach and get out. I just haven't really trained myself to use it, the old habit of digging out the credit card dies hard.

Btw supposedly Apple Pay is more secure than using the actual credit card.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 7, 2017, 11:04:18 AM6/7/17
On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 06:15:08 -0700 (PDT), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 6:16:10 AM UTC-4, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
>> On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 15:55:10 -0700 (PDT), "the_andr...@yahoo.com"
>> <agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Apple Pay uses your credit card. It's essentially a credit card magic wand. They ring up your stuff. You double click your phone. It vibrates. Voila! No digging out your wallet.
>>
>> But you don't have to dig out your cell phone???
>
>Clearly you're an olde. The cell phone is always out if you're a millennial.

Clearly I'm not very amenable to change. But every other member of my
family (except my wife) agrees with you.

>I'm not quite that obsessed with mine but it is easier to reach and get out. I just haven't really trained myself to use it, the old habit of digging out the credit card dies hard.

Unbutton, out, flip, pull, place in slot. Do you get a receipt? I
check every one against the bill when it arrives (including previous
months my wife had been holding). My checkbooks are ALWAYS balanced to
the penny. I'm a world class clerk.

>Btw supposedly Apple Pay is more secure than using the actual credit card.

That gets my attention although I have never had a problem (SO FAR).

I still enjoy learning - but it's more difficult now.

Michael Press

Jun 7, 2017, 2:02:57 PM6/7/17
In article <32704137-2919-491d...@googlegroups.com>,
I see. Thanks.