Is this going to go any better than the last time Miami hired Temple's Coach?

JGibson

Dec 31, 2018, 12:12:31 AM12/31/18

michael anderson

Dec 31, 2018, 12:27:30 AM12/31/18
On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 11:12:31 PM UTC-6, JGibson wrote:
> http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25651267/miami-hires-ex-assistant-manny-diaz-replace-mark-richt-coach

eh...you get what you can. Miami doesn't have the status, structure, resources...really anything to attract a really desired guy.

Hell that settled for mark freaking richt(a just fired and for good reason) coach last go around.

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Dec 31, 2018, 5:47:03 AM12/31/18
By all accounts he’s an incredibly hard worker, which they didn’t get with Richt. Not sure about Golden.

I’d like to see him succeed; a good Miami is good for football.

michael anderson

Dec 31, 2018, 8:00:21 AM12/31/18
On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 4:47:03 AM UTC-6, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> By all accounts he’s an incredibly hard worker, which they didn’t get with Richt. Not sure about Golden.
>
> I’d like to see him succeed; a good Miami is good for football.

is it though? A private school with a relatively small alumni base, relatively limited facilties/resources, little fan support(even when good), and an nfl-like culture?

I'd argue that also less consistent programs like Texas or Michigan being good is good for college football....Miami outkicking their coverage for much of a two or more decade period is not ideal for college football because of all of the above.

it's kinda like the knicks and lakers in the nba- it's good for the nba when they are good. It's not as important for the nba for the sacremento kings to be good

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Dec 31, 2018, 8:42:58 AM12/31/18
I think that’s a fair argument. However, Miami is the school with enough football history/culture to buttress the ACC. And improving the ACC is good.

Much in the same way that a strong USC would improve the Pac12.