For your viewing pleasure........

michael anderson

Dec 30, 2015, 7:57:57 PM12/30/15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSL3AY0y6OU

and that was a 3 loss saban coached bama team. Granted, the best 3 loss team in college football history(would have been best 2 loss team in cf history as well, but still.....)

That michigan state team was pretty similar to this one.

Only difference between that game and this game is that Mcelroy, as limited as he was, is still a much better player than Coker(who unfortunately blows)

We are going to beat that ass tommorrow night.....

darkst...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2015, 9:11:39 PM12/30/15
And another "Why are we even fucking playing the games?" post by mia, who believes Alabama should just be handed the trophy.

Mike

Eric Ramon

Dec 30, 2015, 9:22:39 PM12/30/15
On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 6:11:39 PM UTC-8, darkst...@gmail.com wrote:
> And another "Why are we even fucking playing the games?" post by mia, who believes Alabama should just be handed the trophy.
>
> Mike

even the 3 loss team should have been given the trophy because they were the greatest 3 loss team ever. The 2003 team, by the way, was the greatest 9 loss team ever.

While looking up the Alabama history I found these humorous notations:

Alabama finished the 1993 season with an overall record of 9-3-1, but was later forced to officially forfeit all regular season games as a penalty due to NCAA infractions.[12]

Alabama finished second in the SEC West in 1993, but played in the SEC Championship Game as Auburn was prohibited from post-season play because of NCAA violations.[13][14]

Alabama finished the 1995 season with an overall record of 8-3, but was ineligible for a bowl appearance due a one-year bowl ban imposed by the NCAA for rules violations.[12]

Alabama finished the 2002 season with an overall record of 10-3, but was ineligible for postseason play as a result of a two-year bowl ban imposed by the NCAA due to recruiting violations.[16]

Alabama finished first in the SEC West in 2002, but could not play in the SEC Championship Game due to NCAA sanctions.

The NCAA ruled Alabama to vacate 21 victories between the 2005-07 seasons due to sanctions stemming from textbook-related infractions. Following an unsuccessful appeal to the NCAA Division I Infractions Appeals Committee, ten overall wins from the 2005 season have been officially vacated.[17]

Eric Ramon

Dec 30, 2015, 9:25:28 PM12/30/15
On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 6:22:39 PM UTC-8, Eric Ramon wrote:

> Alabama finished second in the SEC West in 1993, but played in the SEC Championship Game as Auburn was prohibited from post-season play because of NCAA violations.[13][14]

I included that one because it was doubly hilarious.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Dec 30, 2015, 10:29:53 PM12/30/15
On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 18:22:37 -0800 (PST), Eric Ramon
<ramon...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Alabama finished the 1993 season with an overall record of 9-3-1, but was l=
>ater forced to officially forfeit all regular season games as a penalty due=
> to NCAA infractions.[12]

I agree that a Bama player broke the rules and a penalty should be
assessed. A player signed a cocktail napkin to employ an agent. No one
in his right mind would think forfeiture of games won on the field
were affected in the slightest degree by the player breaking the rule.

Punishment should have been prospective in loss of scholarships, not
being allowed to play in bowl games, etc.

Bama's best lineman hired an agent before a bowl game a few years
later and Bama did not allow him to play - Bama lost.

I think the Ohio team was forced to forfeit games won on the field for
rule breaking that had absolutely no effect on the games won.

IMO sometimes the decision makers at the NCAA are birthed of mothers
who bark.

Hugh

Michael Press

Dec 31, 2015, 5:04:19 PM12/31/15
In article <30ed8cc1-f3af-4ac2...@googlegroups.com>,
darkst...@gmail.com wrote:

> And another "Why are we even fucking playing the games?" post by mia, who believes Alabama should just be handed the trophy.

Put it in bubble wrap first.

--
Michael Press