Chelsea Clinton engages on Twitter. Results as expected.

Michael Press

Apr 29, 2017, 3:30:14 PM4/29/17

Starts with Paul Ryan showing us what a swell guy he is.

#LightItUpBlue for #AutismAwareness. pic.twitter.com/uaNcgJPgYK
— Paul Ryan (@SpeakerRyan) April 2, 2017
<https://mobile.twitter.com/SpeakerRyan/status/848535842465488898/photo/1>

Words without action are … meaningless. Words with inaction are …
just words. Words with opposite action is … hypocrisy.
https://t.co/hLYUiZT5tN
— Chelsea Clinton (@ChelseaClinton) April 2, 2017

Glad you tweeted something about it. https://t.co/oYhIMlZcvr
— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) April 28, 2017

Sarcasm may not translate on Twitter. The Republican healthcare
plan wld let states cut #autism coverage. That cruelty needs no
translation. https://t.co/ttUnbmfNyb
— Chelsea Clinton (@ChelseaClinton) April 28, 2017

You weren't being sarcastic. Also, this is called "federalism."
Ask your dad about it sometime. https://t.co/M9U9cvv8tT
— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) April 28, 2017

--
Michael Press

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Apr 29, 2017, 4:00:06 PM4/29/17
:-)

irishra...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2017, 3:00:02 AM4/30/17
Ease up on Chelsea! As a conservative Republican, I want to see her run for President in 2020.
And if she does't run for President then I want to see her run for Vice President to
1. Hillary Clinton, 2. Elizabeth Warren or 3. Bernie Sanders.

Irish Mike

Obama's legacy is President Trump

not bIn fact, my

Michael Press

Apr 30, 2017, 1:34:18 PM4/30/17
In article <dd9a293c-cb13-446d...@googlegroups.com>,
I cannot ease up because it is like an infection.
You have to go the full course of antibiotics, or
else the bacteria lodged in some out of the way
places will survive and come back even worse.
I know she is an easy target. I will mention only
the most entertaining encounters.

--
Michael Press

wolfie

Apr 30, 2017, 1:53:35 PM4/30/17

"Michael Press" wrote

> I will mention only the most entertaining encounters.

Well, keep mentioning exchanges she wins all
you want.

Futbol Phan

Apr 30, 2017, 2:10:38 PM4/30/17
Is there a point to these? All I see is the vast majority of tweeters supporting Chelsea's position-- that Ryan is a hypocrite.

Michael Press

Apr 30, 2017, 3:38:41 PM4/30/17
In article <cb1e6c15-133f-417b...@googlegroups.com>,
You seem to think so, else you would not reply.
What is the point to "these?"
What is the point of your reply?

> All I see is the vast majority of tweeters supporting Chelsea's position-- that Ryan is a hypocrite.

Note that I am not standing up for Paul Ryan, as you can plainly see.
In the exchange I quoted Chelsea Clinton came in DFL.
All the popularity in the world cannot change the result.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press

Apr 30, 2017, 3:42:20 PM4/30/17
In article <oe584p$ko6$1...@dont-email.me>, "wolfie" <bgbd...@gte.net>
wrote:
You first.
Show us some of the exchanges she won so far.

Remember this from the Vanity Fair article?

Chelsea, people were quietly starting to observe, had a tendency
to talk a lot, and at length, not least about Chelsea. But you
couldn’t interrupt, not even if you’re on TV at NBC, where she
was earning $600,000 a year at the time. “When you are with
Chelsea, you really need to allow her to finish,” Jay Kernis, one
of Clinton’s segment producers at NBC, told Vogue. “She’s not
used to being interrupted that way.”

Sounds perfect for a dating profile: I speak at length, and you
really need to let me finish. I’m not used to interruptions.

--
Michael Press

Eric Ramon

Apr 30, 2017, 4:55:18 PM4/30/17
On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 12:42:20 PM UTC-7, Michael Press wrote:

> Sounds perfect for a dating profile: I speak at length, and you
> really need to let me finish. I’m not used to interruptions.

like her mother. But it's Bernie's fault Hillary lost, I hear.

Two more things that are sad and funny this weekend.
1. Obama to give $400,000 speech to Wall Street, Dems cheer. Thousands of likes for comments of this sort..."he deserves it after being villified for eight years"
2. Trumpsters blaming Obama for their own pick of Flynn.

wolfie

Apr 30, 2017, 4:56:21 PM4/30/17

"Michael Press" wrote

> Show us some of the exchanges she won so far.

You just posted one.

> Remember this from the Vanity Fair article?

No, but I'm not obsessed with her.

> Sounds perfect for a dating profile

I remember hearing something about her
getting married.

Michael Press

Apr 30, 2017, 7:08:25 PM4/30/17
In article <oe5iri$rdl$1...@dont-email.me>, "wolfie" <bgbd...@gte.net>
wrote:

> "Michael Press" wrote
>
> > Show us some of the exchanges she won so far.
>
> You just posted one.

She got schooled on technical points.

WOLFIE: 'Tis but a scratch.
ARTHUR: A scratch? Your arm's off!
WOLFIE: No, it isn't.
ARTHUR: Well, what's that then?
WOLFIE: I've had worse.

> > Remember this from the Vanity Fair article?
>
> No, but I'm not obsessed with her.

Of course not.

> > Sounds perfect for a dating profile
>
> I remember hearing something about her
> getting married.

Observe how her husband does not interrupt her.

I wrote a letter to President Reagan when I was five to voice my
opposition to his visit to the Bitburg cemetery in Germany,
because Nazis were buried there. I didn’t think an American
president should honor a group of soldiers that included Nazis.
President Reagan still went, but at least I had tried in my own
small way.

Ah, yes, that reminds me of when I was four and I wrote to
Senator John Warner about grain tariffs, arguing that trade
barriers unfairly decreased consumer choice.

At first glance, of course, Chelsea seems to be boasting that at
age five she was interpreting the news with the maturity of an
adult. But we should consider whether it’s instead a confession
that as an adult she still interprets the news with the maturity
of—well, let’s just submit that perhaps she thinks what other
people tell her to think.

--
Michael Press

Ken Olson

Apr 30, 2017, 10:15:47 PM4/30/17
So what? The child of hypocrites call the SOTH a hypocrite. BFD. Is
twitter a true random sample of the people? I doubt it.

wolfie

Apr 30, 2017, 11:05:36 PM4/30/17

"Michael Press" wrote

> She got schooled on technical points.

No, she called someone out on hypocrisy.
Snarky responses don't change the fact
she was right.

xyzzy

May 1, 2017, 7:49:37 AM5/1/17
It is when you guys cite it apparently

J. Hugh Sullivan

May 1, 2017, 9:13:37 AM5/1/17
On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 23:05:22 -0400, "wolfie" <bgbd...@gte.net> wrote:

>No, she called someone out on hypocrisy.
>Snarky responses don't change the fact
>she was right.

I think you lied about being in combat in the military. I'm right
until you prove me wrong - even if you have to lie about it.

If you were even in the military it was not during war that the US won
- or even a declared war.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

Ken Olson

May 1, 2017, 6:17:06 PM5/1/17
On 5/1/2017 7:49 AM, xyzzy wrote:
> It is when you guys cite it apparently

I don't know. I don't use it.

Michael Press

May 1, 2017, 7:58:03 PM5/1/17
In article <oe68fq$635$1...@dont-email.me>, "wolfie" <bgbd...@gte.net>
wrote:
Ben Shapiro is right too, and for the exact same reason:
calling a politician a hypocrite.