I'd like a half-caf venti soy latte protest please

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Jun 28, 2017, 9:01:38 AM6/28/17
Actually not bad - and sounds like people weren't dicks about it. I like the name bit on the cups

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article158201099.html

But the mood lightened as more and more people ordered coffee using the names of different members of the Trump cabinet, including Mike Pence and Jeff Sessions.

Some dued

Jun 28, 2017, 9:05:46 AM6/28/17
Nicely done.

The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior

Jun 28, 2017, 9:10:16 AM6/28/17
On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 8:05:46 AM UTC-5, Some dued wrote:
> Nicely done.

Thing I like too? It was a buycott - letting the biz know "Hey, we want to do biz w/ ya".

xyzzy

Jun 28, 2017, 10:33:52 AM6/28/17
On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 9:05:46 AM UTC-4, Some dued wrote:
> Nicely done.

+1

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 28, 2017, 10:49:55 AM6/28/17
Half-caf for half-asses - figures.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2017, 10:50:46 AM6/28/17
I had Starbucks 4 consecutive days last week.

Thinking of getting big rings in my ears.

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Jun 28, 2017, 11:16:01 AM6/28/17
+2

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 28, 2017, 11:33:19 AM6/28/17
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 07:50:42 -0700 (PDT), "the_andr...@yahoo.com"
<agavi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I had Starbucks 4 consecutive days last week.

I don't go to Starbucks any more. Too much trouble to just get coffee.

xyzzy

Jun 28, 2017, 11:35:02 AM6/28/17
On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 10:50:46 AM UTC-4, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I had Starbucks 4 consecutive days last week.
>
> Thinking of getting big rings in my ears.

Passing through a bunch of airports?

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2017, 3:57:47 PM6/28/17
I never get it at airports. Huge convention at convention center with Starbucks and my hotel only had a Starbucks.

Any other time it's if whomever I'm with is having it.

I'm unimpressed with their coffee, although their new(ish) brew, pike place (?) seems to have almost knocked the old burned stuff out of the lineup.

Michael Press

Jun 28, 2017, 4:34:55 PM6/28/17
In article <b64818d0-7955-4444...@googlegroups.com>,
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually not bad - and sounds like people weren't dicks about it. I like the name bit on the cups
>
> http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article158201099.html

Neat.

----

Regarding the employee who wrote "Build a Wall" on a customer's
cup a Starbucks spokesman said “This experience is absolutely not
consistent with our standards or the respectful experience we
want to provide to our customers,” What? Nothing about the avowed
party political stand of Starbucks? That nonsense starts at the
top. Starbucks led the employee into it. Starbucks and any
company has a responsibility to its employees, the younger, the
more so.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press

Jun 28, 2017, 10:14:36 PM6/28/17
In article <c1c1da02-3eac-4c84...@googlegroups.com>,
I have at most one cup of coffee a day.
Never got in the habit of drinking it regularly.

20 gram Yemen mocha in a French press
Large heated mug
Maple syrup
Splash of rum
Heavy cream

Four basic food groups: sugar alcohol caffeine grease

--
Michael Press

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2017, 7:52:49 AM6/29/17
I have a Delonghi super automatic espresso machine. Nothing like pressing a button and getting magical coffee poured into your cup.

I also own a French press, but I only use it when I'm car camping.

xyzzy

Jun 29, 2017, 9:54:32 AM6/29/17
I don't like coffee in general. I get it with as much milk as can be put into it. White Chocolate Mocha is my usual Starbucks order, or Americana that I pour 1/3 out and replace with milk.

That said I like to get coffee when I'm having a very sweet breakfast (like a cinnamon bun or a doughnut) or if I need the caffeine jolt.

What that paradigm, Starbucks is good enough.

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2017, 10:05:42 AM6/29/17
I grew up on cafe' au lait. Now it's just cafe'. I agree on the coffee with something sweet. I'll have an espresso in the afternoon if there's something sweet in the pantry.

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Jun 29, 2017, 12:44:31 PM6/29/17
I was in the Navy. Anything is good enough, straight black. I will
confess I do like a good cuppa, and Starbucks is fine, but I will
drink anything.

--
The problem with Internet quotations is that many of them
are not genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 29, 2017, 12:51:31 PM6/29/17
On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 11:44:23 -0500, "Con Reeder, unhyphenated
American" <cons...@duxmail.com> wrote:

>I was in the Navy. Anything is good enough, straight black.

That shore ain't fake gnus.

Some dued

Jun 29, 2017, 5:40:04 PM6/29/17
My, in Mexico that have a drink "Nescafe para leche". Its just hot milk with instant coffee and sugar in it.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jun 30, 2017, 7:56:06 AM6/30/17
On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 14:40:01 -0700 (PDT), Some dued
<theodo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>My, in Mexico that have a drink "Nescafe para leche". Its just hot milk with instant coffee and sugar in it.

In my house we don't. It's just coffee with no milk or sugar.

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2017, 10:16:06 AM6/30/17
I bet that's pretty good.