Making Illinoise

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Oct 19, 2019, 3:47:39 PM10/19/19
Corn v Corn

Corn won.

jim brown

Oct 19, 2019, 4:08:15 PM10/19/19
On Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 2:47:39 PM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Corn v Corn
>
> Corn won.

RSFCking Big !O....we just beat each other up ($1)

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Oct 19, 2019, 4:12:39 PM10/19/19
On 2019-10-19, the_andr...@yahoo.com <the_andr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Corn v Corn
>
> Corn won.

If it was based on corn, Wisconsin would lose every game. Iowa, on the
other hand....

--
People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry

J25...@protonmail.com

Oct 19, 2019, 4:34:27 PM10/19/19
Con, your quote reminds me of my great, great aunt lee. When the Jehovah Witnesses would ring her door bell and try to get her to join their church, she would invite them into the house and try to convince them to go to her Methodist church.

Ken Olson

Oct 19, 2019, 4:49:05 PM10/19/19
On 10/19/2019 4:34 PM, J25...@protonmail.com wrote:
> Con, your quote reminds me of my great, great aunt lee. When the Jehovah Witnesses would ring her door bell and try to get her to join their church, she would invite them into the house and try to convince them to go to her Methodist church.

I just tell them I'm Norse Pagan.

GrtArtiste

Oct 19, 2019, 5:02:56 PM10/19/19
On 10/19/2019 4:34 PM, J25...@protonmail.com wrote:
> Con, your quote reminds me of my great, great aunt lee. When the Jehovah Witnesses would ring her door bell and try to get her to join their church, she would invite them into the house and try to convince them to go to her Methodist church.

It was about 9:00 AM on a Saturday in 1978 when two Witness folks came
to our front door. We had not yet finished cleaning up from a Friday
night party. They saw two 30 gal trash cans filled with empty beer
containers, one on either side of the front door.

They never returned.

GrtArtiste

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Oct 19, 2019, 6:23:54 PM10/19/19
What do you get when you cross a Jehovah's Witness and a Unitarian-Universalist?

Someone who goes around knocking on doors, but they're not quite sure why.

-- Wernher Von Braun

J. Hugh Sullivan

Oct 19, 2019, 6:56:30 PM10/19/19
On Sat, 19 Oct 2019 13:34:24 -0700 (PDT), J25...@protonmail.com wrote:

>Con, your quote reminds me of my great, great aunt lee. When the Jehovah Witnesses would ring her door bell and try to get her to join their church, she would invite them into the house and try to convince them to go to her Methodist church.

I ask them to please wait a second. I return with an American flag and
ask them to salute. Of course they won't. The I advise them they are
trespassing on my property.

darkst...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2019, 7:18:02 PM10/19/19
On Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 12:47:39 PM UTC-7, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Corn v Corn
>
> Corn won.

All that it changes is which subordinate bowl the Badgers end up in.

They were getting ROLLED next week anyway.

Mike

Ken Olson

Oct 19, 2019, 7:29:47 PM10/19/19
On 10/19/2019 6:23 PM, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:
> On 2019-10-19, J25...@protonmail.com <J25...@protonmail.com> wrote:
>> Con, your quote reminds me of my great, great aunt lee. When the
>> Jehovah Witnesses would ring her door bell and try to get her to join
>> their church, she would invite them into the house and try to convince
>> them to go to her Methodist church.
>
> What do you get when you cross a Jehovah's Witness and a Unitarian-Universalist?

> Someone who goes around knocking on doors, but they're not quite sure why.

Somebody who doesn't care what you believe and can't wait to tell you
about it?

xyzzy

Oct 19, 2019, 7:40:37 PM10/19/19
Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <cons...@duxmail.com> wrote:
> On 2019-10-19, J25...@protonmail.com <J25...@protonmail.com> wrote:
>> Con, your quote reminds me of my great, great aunt lee. When the
>> Jehovah Witnesses would ring her door bell and try to get her to join
>> their church, she would invite them into the house and try to convince
>> them to go to her Methodist church.
>
> What do you get when you cross a Jehovah's Witness and a Unitarian-Universalist?
>
> Someone who goes around knocking on doors, but they're not quite sure why.

Why are Unitarian Universalists so bad at singing in church?

They’re all reading ahead to make sure they agree with the next verse.

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Oct 19, 2019, 11:46:50 PM10/19/19
Nice alternate!

--
The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and
dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if

Ken Olson

Oct 20, 2019, 2:36:25 AM10/20/19
There was an old couple that were in the JW that lived down the road
from us. They would stop every couple of years and make polite
conversation and I would return their politeness. They're both gone now.