Good use of Google Earth

am not@liberty.com Gomer Jones

Oct 5, 2006, 11:51:30 AM10/5/06

Jay Furr

Oct 5, 2006, 12:00:34 PM10/5/06

Gomer Jones wrote:
> http://www.mapgameday.com/

Lane Stadium's cloaking field keeps it from showing up in orbital
pictures. Do your worst.

Ted

Oct 5, 2006, 3:41:23 PM10/5/06

Gomer Jones wrote:
> http://www.mapgameday.com/

Poone Bickens stadium in Stillwater is unique in some obvious aspect
from any (nearly any?) other stadium. This can be clearly seen when
googling. Anyone catch what it is?

Jay Furr

Oct 5, 2006, 3:55:07 PM10/5/06

The east-west orientation and open end zone?

Ted

Oct 5, 2006, 4:17:08 PM10/5/06

Right, one of the only east-west stadiums in the country. The open end
zone is now a gaping hole where they are building underground
facilities. Thanks T. Boone.

Bill Lang

Oct 5, 2006, 4:31:16 PM10/5/06
"Ted" <Theodo...@hotmail.com>, What came first, the music or
the misery?

Miami, U$C, and Washington St have true EW orientation.

Others are close enough to make little difference: Clemson, GT,
Idaho, Oregon, UNC, Washington. Syracuse.

--
wjlmuttatyeahwhodotcom

"Is that Peter f%&$#*@ Frampton?"

Trevor Zion Bauknight

Oct 5, 2006, 5:39:57 PM10/5/06
In article <1160079428.5...@c28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"Ted" <Theodo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > Poone Bickens stadium in Stillwater is unique in some obvious aspect
> > > from any (nearly any?) other stadium. This can be clearly seen when
> > > googling. Anyone catch what it is?
> >
> > The east-west orientation and open end zone?
>
> Right, one of the only east-west stadiums in the country. The open end
> zone is now a gaping hole where they are building underground
> facilities. Thanks T. Boone.

What's the deal? That the stands are east stands and west stands, or
that the field is east end-zone, west end-zone?

Clemson and South Carolina are both east-west field-wise.

--
Trev

"Every Democratic Senator is to the right of Kerry..including
Kucinich." - C. Beauchamp

Ted

Oct 6, 2006, 12:59:56 PM10/6/06

Huh, I guess I'm stupid. Someone a long time ago told me it was very
unusual, and every college stadium I've looked at since was North
South.

Never mind.

Bill Lang

Oct 6, 2006, 1:08:57 PM10/6/06

Well, 11-12 stadiums out of 117 is fairly unusual.