Re: Cutcliffe & Paulus

Message has been deleted

Ken Brown

Oct 26, 2006, 10:44:57 PM10/26/06
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 02:17:28 GMT, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤
<Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote:

>Does Tennessee's head coach, David Cutcliffe, leave Tennessee this
>year as he has said he is very open to doing and take over at North
>Carolina? I think so.
>
>Does Mike Paulus turn into another Eli or Peyton just because he will
>have been coached by the same guy that developed both of them,
>probably not, but what the hell, it's worth a shot.
>
>Tennessee will have to find another head coach to take over. We all
>know that they have a good assistant coach, in Fulmer, but he doesn't
>do well on his own, at all.
>
>Looking forward to another 4 win Tennessee season next year.
>
>Altie

That smelled rough.

Message has been deleted

heyloo...@yahoo.com

Oct 27, 2006, 8:33:48 AM10/27/06

On Oct 27, 12:14 am, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com>
wrote:

> >That smelled rough.Perhaps, but factual. It is a fact that North Carolina is searching
> for a head coach. It is a fact that Cutcliffe has made no secret of
> his desire to once again be a head coach. It is a fact that Cutcliffe
> would be a very good choice to perhaps make Paulus stay true to his
> verbal commitment of attending North Carolina.
>
> It is a fact that Fulmer is good as an assistant coach to Cutcliffe,
> take Cutcliffe away, Tennessee players start having team brawls in the
> locker room, assaulting citizens in Knoxville, raping, pillaging,
> burning things down and losing the majority of their games.
>
> Altie

Minor correction: Fulmer is a great recruiter. He is not all that
great a coach. Tennessee always has a team full of super athletes, but
the last few years nobody has been able to get them to walk in step.

Regarding Cutcliffe, I thought the agreement was that he would spend
two years at UT. I don't know how binding that is or if there was a
contract signed to that effect, but that is my memory of things, for
some reason. I think Cutcliffe will be around for another season.
North Carolina would be a step backward for him.

>=

Message has been deleted

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Oct 27, 2006, 9:55:39 AM10/27/06
Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
> I'm not sure about Cutcliffe having a 2 year minimum deal. He is hot
> to be a head coach though, he has let it be known that he has no
> qualms leaving Tennessee again, and everyone at Tennessee knows it.
>
> As far as it being a step backward, possibly. But, then he would be
> the head dog and get to do things his way all the way if he were the
> head coach, not that he doesn't know, but, you know.
>
> Besides, I think it would be cool to have a 'Bama alumni coaching at
> North Carolina, to teach them how to play Southern ball. Cutcliffe
> can teach them a little of what Bear Bryant taught him as a student
> assistant.

Carolina typically runs a clean program.

a.

Message has been deleted

Bill Lang

Oct 27, 2006, 11:18:01 AM10/27/06
Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com>, What came first, the
music or the misery?

> Besides, I think it would be cool to have a 'Bama alumni
> coaching at North Carolina, to teach them how to play Southern
> ball. Cutcliffe can teach them a little of what Bear Bryant
> taught him as a student assistant.

Did the Bahr teach him how to walk a respectful 7 paces behind Roy
Williams at all times?

Every coach thinks they're the one to lift UNC football from the
doldrums. Mack Brown even came close. But he had to face reality
and headed for Texas. That's just the way the ball bounces in Chapel
Hill, since the only ball that really matters there is the one that
bounces.

--
wjlmuttatyeahwhodotcom

"Is that Peter f%&$#*@ Frampton?"

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Oct 27, 2006, 12:12:26 PM10/27/06

Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:

> Yeah, but I specifically mentioned North Carolina, there is no such
> thing as Carolina.

lol

rotflmaool

omg

yourstillthefunniestpersontoeverpostontheinternet

lol

a.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jon Enslin

Oct 27, 2006, 1:19:55 PM10/27/06

I don't know about that. When Mack left they hired two uninspired
coaches.

My feeling is that they should look seriously at Bud Foster, the DC at
VT. The guy can clearly coach, he has local recruiting connections,
etc.

Jon

Bill Lang

Oct 27, 2006, 1:25:34 PM10/27/06
"Jon Enslin" <jen...@charter.net>, What came first, the music or
the misery?

I used to like you.

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Oct 27, 2006, 3:47:28 PM10/27/06
Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
> Thanks, the andrew. Now I know how you react when you feel stupid,
> really strangely.

you are super smart thank you for the attention

a.

Onyx_Hokie

Oct 27, 2006, 4:11:17 PM10/27/06
[ 27 Oct 2006 10:19:55 -0700 ]
[ Jon Enslin | jen...@charter.net ]
[ <1161969595.2...@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com> ]

:> Every coach thinks they're the one to lift UNC football from the

:> doldrums. Mack Brown even came close. But he had to face reality
:> and headed for Texas. That's just the way the ball bounces in Chapel
:> Hill, since the only ball that really matters there is the one that
:> bounces.
:
:
:I don't know about that. When Mack left they hired two uninspired
:coaches.
:
:My feeling is that they should look seriously at Bud Foster, the DC at
:VT. The guy can clearly coach, he has local recruiting connections,
:etc.

Bud Foster is waiting for Beamer to retire and/or die.

Approaching Bud Foster is a good way to ensure VT fans will hurt you.

Stay away from our DC.

(You can have Stinespring if you really want him, though.)