GIVE AWAY THE DOG FOOD, SHIELA!

Steve Cutchen

Apr 13, 2006, 12:28:46 AM4/13/06
THAT PUPPY'S GONE!

Just practicing my home run call...

Onyx_Hokie

Apr 13, 2006, 6:51:55 AM4/13/06

Steve Cutchen wrote:
> THAT PUPPY'S GONE!
>
> Just practicing my home run call...

Hrm.. favorites of the ones out there?

For low-key, I always liked Keith Olbermann's: "It's deep, and I don't
think it's playable.."

Also.. "..and the three-two pitch from Mussina... .... gone." (Dan
Patrick)

Most annoying: "Back back back back back back.. GONE!" (Chris Berman)

Most creative, but still annoying: any of Kenny Mayne's.

Really cool but definitely not low-key: "Tejada facing the two-two
pitch from Rivera.. HE GAAHT IT." (Rich Eisen)

I don't remember who does this one, but I like it.. "High fly ball,
DEEP to left field.. track, wall, GONE!"

--
Bryan S. Slick

Ralph Kennedy

Apr 13, 2006, 1:16:43 PM4/13/06

Of course, there's a difference between a live
call when you're not 100% sure if it's going to be
a homer or not, and a canned call on ESPN when showing
highlights. It's easier to be cool and clever in the
latter situation.

We had one color guy here in Phoenix who was
obsessed with getting a personalized call, and in
his obsession he finally came up with, "Warning
track, wall! He can touch 'em all!" He was quite
pleased with himself for coming up with a rhyming
call, but it made me reach for a bucket to puke in
every time I heard him say it, I thought it was so
corny and contrived.

--Ralph Kennedy {ames,gatech,husc6,rutgers}!ncar!noao!asuvax!kennedy
{allegra,decvax,ihnp4,oddjob}--^
^---------------The Wrong Choice
internet: ken...@asuvax.eas.asu.edu

Andrew Murawa

Apr 13, 2006, 5:17:46 PM4/13/06
"Onyx_Hokie" <onyx_...@hi-lo.net> wrote in message

> I don't remember who does this one, but I like it.. "High fly ball,
> DEEP to left field.. track, wall, GONE!"

That's Scully's classic call... "High fly ball, way back, to the track,
to the wall... GONE!"

James Schrumpf

Apr 13, 2006, 8:44:38 PM4/13/06
Quiet, "Onyx_Hokie" <onyx_...@hi-lo.net> -- I'm transmitting rage.

"It is high... it is far... iiiiit is GAAAAAAHN!"

James Schrumpf http://www.hilltopper.net

We Must Protect this Couch!

Bryan S. Slick

Apr 13, 2006, 10:22:47 PM4/13/06
At about Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:17:46 -0700, Andrew Murawa was dragged into
the street and beaten by an angry mob for writing..

:"Onyx_Hokie" <onyx_...@hi-lo.net> wrote in message

No, I know Scully's and that's not who I'm thinking of.. there was no
"to the.." preceding either "track" or "wall".

--
Bryan S. Slick, onyx_hokie at yahoo dot com

"To those who have fought for it,
freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Bryan S. Slick

Apr 13, 2006, 10:24:17 PM4/13/06
At about Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:44:38 -0500, James Schrumpf was dragged
into the street and beaten by an angry mob for writing..

:Quiet, "Onyx_Hokie" <onyx_...@hi-lo.net> -- I'm transmitting rage.

:
:>
:> Steve Cutchen wrote:
:>> THAT PUPPY'S GONE!
:>>
[...]
:> --
:> Bryan S. Slick
:>
:
:"It is high... it is far... iiiiit is GAAAAAAHN!"

That's that annoying Yankees fuckhead, isn't it?

Oh, and the absolute worst homerun call of ALL-TIME, in this or any
other Universe..

"You can put it on the bbbbbbbOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD..
YYYYYYYYYYYYYES!!!"

..good freaking Lord I keep hoping Harrleson will choke and gag during
the "board" portion of that thing.. they sound like a couple of insecure
second city losers once again trying to measure up and be cool.

Pa-fuckin'-thetic.

James Schrumpf

Apr 13, 2006, 11:43:51 PM4/13/06
Quiet, Bryan S. Slick <onyx_...@yahoo.cem> -- I'm transmitting rage.

> At about Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:44:38 -0500, James Schrumpf was dragged
> into the street and beaten by an angry mob for writing..
>
>:Quiet, "Onyx_Hokie" <onyx_...@hi-lo.net> -- I'm transmitting rage.
>:
>:>
>:> Steve Cutchen wrote:
>:>> THAT PUPPY'S GONE!
>:>>
>:>> Just practicing my home run call...
>:>
>:> Hrm.. favorites of the ones out there?
>:>
>:> For low-key, I always liked Keith Olbermann's: "It's deep, and I
>:> don't think it's playable.."
>:>
>:> Also.. "..and the three-two pitch from Mussina... .... gone." (Dan
>:> Patrick)
>:>
>:> Most annoying: "Back back back back back back.. GONE!" (Chris
>:> Berman)
>:>
>:> Most creative, but still annoying: any of Kenny Mayne's.
>:>
>:> Really cool but definitely not low-key: "Tejada facing the two-two
>:> pitch from Rivera.. HE GAAHT IT." (Rich Eisen)
>:>
>:> I don't remember who does this one, but I like it.. "High fly ball,
>:> DEEP to left field.. track, wall, GONE!"
>:>
>:> --
>:> Bryan S. Slick
>:>
>:
>:"It is high... it is far... iiiiit is GAAAAAAHN!"
>
> That's that annoying Yankees fuckhead, isn't it?

What don't you like about a simple call like that?

> Oh, and the absolute worst homerun call of ALL-TIME, in this or any
> other Universe..
>
> "You can put it on the
> bbbbbbbOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD.. YYYYYYYYYYYYYES!!!"
>
> ..good freaking Lord I keep hoping Harrleson will choke and gag during
> the "board" portion of that thing.. they sound like a couple of
> insecure second city losers once again trying to measure up and be
> cool.
>
> Pa-fuckin'-thetic.

Don't know him.

DokterZ

Apr 14, 2006, 1:31:02 AM4/14/06

"Onyx_Hokie" <onyx_...@hi-lo.net> wrote in message

Uecker: Get up, get up, get outta here, GONE!

also

Van Earl Wright: He hits it DEEEP overthewallin left field.....

and totally off topic:

Eddie Doucette: "Bobby D, land of the giants, BANGO!

Bryan S. Slick

Apr 14, 2006, 1:38:21 AM4/14/06
At about Fri, 14 Apr 2006 05:31:02 GMT, DokterZ was dragged into the
street and beaten by an angry mob for writing..

:
:Van Earl Wright: He hits it DEEEP overthewallin left field.....

Agree with this one. I always thought his talent at making a call (and
just overall presentation) was wasted on Headline News.