A&M woof from Texas fan

Matthew Speed

Sep 21, 1994, 12:18:33 AM9/21/94
Kyle Maxwell (kmax...@gtetel.com) wrote:
: In all honesty, I hope A&M wins all the rest of its games (except against
: Texas, obviously). This is not just trying to bring about a jinx, but
: seriously, I have nothing against the Aggies except when they play Texas and
: SMU, and there's nothing to hope for in the Mustangs game. In any case, the
: higher in the polls that A&M climbs, the higher Texas will shoot when the
: Longhorns crush the life juice out of that team from the small agrarian
: finishing school in East Central Texas with Lassie for a mascot. =>

I hope you do not think you bleed orange. Any REAL Longhorn hopes that the
Ags get the crap beat out of them every game and gets the Death Penalty to
go with it. I'll even pull for ou when they are playing against a&m. I
watched the tamu-ou game with my Aggie ex last year and loved every moment
of it, at least until she lured me away for something much more fun.
(Yes, I know I get penalized as a Horn for going out with an Aggie)

My school didn't need to change its name to fit the times. The
legislature got "The University of Texas" right on the first try.
Hook 'Em Horns National Champions '63,'69,'70

Matthew Speed ____ ____
msp...@crl.com \_____/
| |
\ /
|_|

Kyle Maxwell

Sep 20, 1994, 6:52:56 PM9/20/94
In all honesty, I hope A&M wins all the rest of its games (except against
Texas, obviously). This is not just trying to bring about a jinx, but
seriously, I have nothing against the Aggies except when they play Texas and
SMU, and there's nothing to hope for in the Mustangs game. In any case, the
higher in the polls that A&M climbs, the higher Texas will shoot when the
Longhorns crush the life juice out of that team from the small agrarian
finishing school in East Central Texas with Lassie for a mascot. =>

Kyle Maxwell
kmax...@gtetel.com

"True freedom is, not the freedom to do as we want,
but the freedom to do as we should."

GTE doesn't tell people what I think and vice-versa

Bradley Dale Glover

Sep 21, 1994, 1:32:55 AM9/21/94
>Kyle Maxwell (kmax...@gtetel.com) wrote:

>: In all honesty, I hope A&M wins all the rest of its games (except against
>: Texas, obviously). This is not just trying to bring about a jinx, but
>: seriously, I have nothing against the Aggies except when they play Texas and
>: SMU, and there's nothing to hope for in the Mustangs game. In any case, the
>: higher in the polls that A&M climbs, the higher Texas will shoot when the
>: Longhorns crush the life juice out of that team from the small agrarian
>: finishing school in East Central Texas with Lassie for a mascot. =>

>I hope you do not think you bleed orange. Any REAL Longhorn hopes that the

^^^^

>Ags get the crap beat out of them every game and gets the Death Penalty to
>go with it.

This should probably say "any MODERN Longhorn....". It is only the last
few years in which aggeeee envy has begun to fester on the UT campus, though
it still wanes in comparison to the Texas envy that provides a foundation
for the existence of the small agrarian finishing school that is north and
then east of wherever Jay and Eric say it is whose mascot is a suburban
house pet. Once things settle down and we get back to kickin' collie butt
on a regular basis, we'll quit worrying about our neighbors' dogs barking
and resume our rivalry with the REAL traditional power(like ourselves),
Oklahoma.

>I'll even pull for ou when they are playing against a&m.

I'll betcha my old man bleeds the burntest orange of us all and he even
pulls for the aggeeeeeezz over ou. A true University of Texas graduate
should always put the Lone Star State first(or so he says), regardless
if it means pulling for our a. and m. branch. We stand for more than
just a school, we stand for the State of Texas, and that's what
distinguishes us from a. and m. It is also why aggeeeez are so envious.
(well, among other things)

>I watched the tamu-ou game with my Aggie ex last year and loved every moment
>of it, at least until she lured me away for something much more fun.

I'll bet now that she's seen the light, she never yells "hump it, ags!" ever
again. :-()

>(Yes, I know I get penalized as a Horn for going out with an Aggie)

Yes, and we have our own paddle boy.

>My school didn't need to change its name to fit the times.

You're kidding! You mean they're finally changing it to Texas
State University? It's about time. That "a. and m." thing is so
passe. The okies even figured that out.

>The legislature got "The University of Texas" right on the first try.

Yes, and here's to Mackovic getting it right on his third.

>Hook 'Em Horns National Champions '63,'69,'70

^^
Get ready for the Notre Damn flames on this one, Matthew. ;-)

TEXAS PROUD

Brad "99 44/100% pure cotton" Glover
University of Texas '95

P.S. It's the 56/100% that worries me. :-/

Kyle Maxwell

Sep 21, 1994, 7:48:27 AM9/21/94
Bradley Dale Glover (brad...@cs.utexas.edu) wrote:
: >I'll even pull for ou when they are playing against a&m.

: I'll betcha my old man bleeds the burntest orange of us all and he even
: pulls for the aggeeeeeezz over ou. A true University of Texas graduate
: should always put the Lone Star State first(or so he says), regardless
: if it means pulling for our a. and m. branch. We stand for more than
: just a school, we stand for the State of Texas, and that's what
: distinguishes us from a. and m. It is also why aggeeeez are so envious.
: (well, among other things)

Kind of funny that you say that. I used to have a teacher who had played OT
at A$M in the 70s -- started for two years -- and still worships them in that
sickening way Aggies have, but he is of the same philosophy. Texas against the
world? Hardly fair to all those poor schmucks beyond the Red River...

: >Hook 'Em Horns National Champions '63,'69,'70

: ^^
: Get ready for the Notre Damn flames on this one, Matthew. ;-)

We can take 'em...

Kyle Maxwell

Sep 21, 1994, 7:41:59 AM9/21/94
Matthew Speed (msp...@crl.com) wrote:

[...]

You did get one thing right: going out with an Aggie is EXTREMELY serious! :) I
pulled for OU last year, then slowly realized what a crime I was committing,
especially when I realized that the more games A$M wins, the higher they'll be
ranked on Nov. 5 -- and the higher Texas will be ranked on Nov. 7.

jam...@rosie.uh.edu

Sep 22, 1994, 9:12:44 AM9/22/94
In article <moore.575...@econ.unt.edu>, mo...@econ.unt.edu (Eric T. Moore) writes:
>jam...@Elroy.UH.EDU writes:
>
>>mo...@econ.unt.edu (Eric T. Moore) writes:
>>>jam...@Rosie.UH.EDU writes:
>>>

>> Well, Eric, as a 2-time Camp Counseler and attendee, I can tell you you
>>don't know what you're talking about. You are in fact comparing maroon
>>apples and oranges.
>
>You attended Camp twice?:)

If they would have let me, yeah! It was fun.

>> But that small secular school located to the west of the Center of The
>>Universe whose mascot is a doped-up cow has recently created a similar pro-
>>gram which sounds more than just a bit like something we've had going for
>>years.
>
>Still doesn't change the fact that that Summer Orientation was nothing
>like Fish Camp when *I* was an Orientation Advisor.:)

Eric, it ain't like you to weasel. Even with a smiley! :-)

>>Jammer Jim Miller -- *full* point.
>
>Well, by the cjohn mace scoring system, since The University of Texas
>actually *taught* that small agrarian finishing school northeast of the
>center of the universe [whose mascot yipes in a high pitched voice],
>
> HOW-TO-PLAY-FOOTBALL,
>
>from which all other traditions flow, we [the burnt orange faithful]
>get all of your points as well.:)
>
>So our lead extends by another *full* point!

Actually, you were behind to start with by the original scoring, not all
traditions are related to football (Silver Taps -- QED), and said assertion
relating to teaching has not been established by any sources I know of at
this time, so you're SOL, cowboy.

Jammer Jim Miller -- I won't mention that fact the the Cmuck rating system is
overly simplistic.
--
Texas A&M University '89 & '91 | You don't have to be a Marine to be Semper Fi.
"Beauty...survives." | Perception is 9/10ths of reality

Kenneth Kendrick

Sep 22, 1994, 8:05:22 PM9/22/94
kev...@zero.torolab.ibm.com (Kevin McCabe) writes:

Kevin writes about some a&m traditions that he thinks the Longhorns may
be jealous of. personally I agree that a&m has some cool traditions,
(and I am just speaking for myself here, I certainly am not speaking for
any other Longhorns.) but I disagree with his list. I have edited it to
show the traditions I like, and deleted or made fun of all of those I find
silly, goofy, or would be embarrassed to be a part of.

> (1) Getting drunk before midnight yell practice :)

Can't argue with this one....

> (3) bonfire

Yes, the bonfire is cool, but it couldn't happen w/out Texas.

> (4) humpin' it

Not in thousands of millions of years would I do anythinhg this goofy.
Nor would I allow people I love to humiliate themselves in this fasion.

> (6) mugging with your date when the Ags score

Gotta give the ags credit for this one. This is a great tradition.

> (8) That cannon going off every time we score

Please. Come up with your own traditions next time.

> (9) Fish rushing the field to catch the yell leaders after a win

This is ok.

> (13) (insert "paying players" insult here)

Not really cool, but effective.

>kevin
>ibm - toronto
>tamu '90

Kent Nickell

Sep 22, 1994, 2:32:31 PM9/22/94

In article <35r3s5$c...@cash.cs.utexas.edu>, brad...@cs.utexas.edu (Bradley Dale Glover) writes:

> Nice bait, Kevin. Now sing me a verse of war hymn why don't ya?

> Brad "sing it perty, Kevin" Glover

I'm not Kevin, but here goes...

AGGIE WAR HYMN

Hullabaloo, Caneck! Caneck!
Hullabaloo, Caneck! Caneck!

All hail to dear old Texas A&M,
Rally around Maroon and White,
Good luck to the dear old Texas Aggies,
They are the boys who show the real old fight.
That good old Aggie spirit thrills us
And makes us yell and yell and yell; --
So let's fight for dear old Texas A&M,
We're goin' to beat you all to --
Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem!
Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem!
Rough! Tough!
Real stuff! Texas A&M!

There is a verse, the first to be exact...

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% Kent Nickell Texas A&M University '95 %
% Bell Northern Research, Richardson, TX Gig'em Aggies!! %
% - Usual disclaimers apply - %
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Eric T. Moore

Sep 22, 1994, 2:51:42 PM9/22/94
jam...@Rosie.UH.EDU writes:

>mo...@econ.unt.edu (Eric T. Moore) writes:

>>jam...@Elroy.UH.EDU writes:

> Eric, it ain't like you to weasel. Even with a smiley! :-)

Off-day.:)

>>>Jammer Jim Miller -- *full* point.
>>
>>Well, by the cjohn mace scoring system, since The University of Texas
>>actually *taught* that small agrarian finishing school northeast of the
>>center of the universe [whose mascot yipes in a high pitched voice],
>>
>> HOW-TO-PLAY-FOOTBALL,
>>
>>from which all other traditions flow, we [the burnt orange faithful]
>>get all of your points as well.:)
>>
>>So our lead extends by another *full* point!

> Actually, you were behind to start with by the original scoring, not all
>traditions are related to football (Silver Taps -- QED), and said assertion
>relating to teaching has not been established by any sources I know of at
>this time, so you're SOL, cowboy.

Well, now you have challenged me to reveal my sources, and so I will.
Unfortunately, I don't have the information at hand right now, but as soon
as I retrieve the documents, the Aggies' most closely held secret will come
to light. If you just have a little patience, the whole issue will be
settled. I will then expect a *full* net.public apology.

>Jammer Jim Miller -- I won't mention that fact the the Cmuck rating system is
> overly simplistic.

I was just using a Farmer's system to remove any suspicion that I was
cooking the numbers to reach a preconceived solution.:)

| Eric T. Moore | mo...@econ.unt.edu | Univ. of North Texas, Economics |
| The opinions expressed above aren't anyone else's, just mine. |
| Radical falsificationism recognises the fallibility of knowledge, |
| stresses the role of empirical testing as a safety valve protecting |
| subject fields from falling prey to dogmatism and acknowledges the |
| difficulties involved in empirical testing as a result of the con- |
| glomerate nature of theories. Dogmatic falsificationism, on the |
| other hand, treats empirical testing as an infallible and purely |
| objective means of arriving at certain knowledge. *Bill Gerrard* |

Bradley Dale Glover

Sep 22, 1994, 10:58:27 PM9/22/94
Kent Nickell <knic...@bnr.ca> wrote:

>(Bradley Dale Glover) writes:

>> Nice bait, Kevin. Now sing me a verse of war hymn why don't ya?

>AGGIE WAR HYMN

>Hullabaloo, Caneck! Caneck!
>Hullabaloo, Caneck! Caneck!

>All hail to dear old Texas A&M,
>Rally around Maroon and White,
>Good luck to the dear old Texas Aggies,
>They are the boys who show the real old fight.
>That good old Aggie spirit thrills us
>And makes us yell and yell and yell; --
>So let's fight for dear old Texas A&M,
>We're goin' to beat you all to --
>Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem!
>Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem!
>Rough! Tough!
>Real stuff! Texas A&M!

>There is a verse, the first to be exact...

This is the second time this verse has been posted. Does this really
exist? I thought y'all were just making this up but I guess not.

Boy, and this verse says absolutely nothing about UTexas. Now I'm
really feeling insecure. :-(

This 10+ winning streak is really making you guys feel independent. ;-)

TEXAS PROUD

Brad "go back to rippin' on tu" Glover
University of Texas '95

Kent Nickell

Sep 22, 1994, 11:58:52 PM9/22/94

In article <35tg8j$1...@priddy.cs.utexas.edu>, brad...@cs.utexas.edu (Bradley Dale Glover) writes:

[ Aggie War Hymn 1st verse deleted ]

> This is the second time this verse has been posted. Does this really
> exist? I thought y'all were just making this up but I guess not.

Yes, this is the actual first verse to the War Hymn. There has been talk on the
campus in recent years to revive it. However, I would have to guess that a
majority of the student body doesn't even know that it exists. I, for one, would
enjoy singing that verse.

> Boy, and this verse says absolutely nothing about UTexas. Now I'm
> really feeling insecure. :-(

Don't feel insecure yet, Brad. Wait until TCU thrashes you this weekend. :-)

> This 10+ winning streak is really making you guys feel independent. ;-)

Of course, after November 5th when tu takes out mammoth revenge for the
aforementioned streak, those feelings of independence our sure to cease.

> Brad "go back to rippin' on tu" Glover

Instead of ripping tu, I would like to wish your team all the luck I can in its
upcoming games with okrahoma and colorado as well as in conference. I would like
to see Texas win every game but one every year. I bet you can guess which one,
too.

Of course, now that I think about it, it would be nice to see TCU pickin' cotton
as well.

Dustin Christmann

Sep 23, 1994, 3:56:45 AM9/23/94
In article <35np48$e...@ceylon.gte.com>,

Kyle Maxwell <kmax...@gtetel.com> wrote:
>In all honesty, I hope A&M wins all the rest of its games (except against
>Texas, obviously). This is not just trying to bring about a jinx, but
>seriously, I have nothing against the Aggies except when they play Texas and
>SMU, and there's nothing to hope for in the Mustangs game. In any case, the
>higher in the polls that A&M climbs, the higher Texas will shoot when the
>Longhorns crush the life juice out of that team from the small agrarian
>finishing school in East Central Texas with Lassie for a mascot. =>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO00000000000000000000000000!!!!!!!!!!!

TEXAS FLAG PROUD

Thanx,
Dustin "Damage control time" Christmann

Dustin Christmann

Sep 23, 1994, 4:03:49 AM9/23/94
In article <35ogi7$7...@priddy.cs.utexas.edu>,

Bradley Dale Glover <brad...@cs.utexas.edu> wrote:

>Yes, and here's to Mackovic getting it right on his third.
>
>>Hook 'Em Horns National Champions '63,'69,'70
> ^^
>Get ready for the Notre Damn flames on this one, Matthew. ;-)

I've got two words for those self-righteous, Lou Holtz-worshipping, overrated,
Heisman-after-two-college-games-touting Indiana Catholics. And the second
word is "you."

TEXAS FLAG PROUD

Thanx,
Dustin "We beat Holtz's ass at Arkansas. Who cares about Notre Damn?"
Christmann

Dustin Christmann

Sep 23, 1994, 4:08:50 AM9/23/94
In article <35p9lj$o...@masala.cc.uh.edu>, <jam...@Rosie.UH.EDU> wrote:

>In article <35ogi7$7...@priddy.cs.utexas.edu>, brad...@cs.utexas.edu (Bradley Dale Glover) writes:
>>
>>This should probably say "any MODERN Longhorn....". It is only the last
>>few years in which aggeeee envy has begun to fester on the UT campus, though
>
> I understand that the copy-cats in Austin stole our Fish Camp idea.

Who in the hell else besides aggeezz would send fish to camp?

><>J

TEXAS FLAG PROUD

Thanx,
Dustin "Though your average aggee smells like a dead fish most of the time"
Christmann

Dustin Christmann

Sep 23, 1994, 4:26:29 AM9/23/94
In article <CwHrp...@eclipse.torolab.ibm.com>,
Kevin McCabe <kev...@zero.torolab.ibm.com> wrote:

> I was thinking about the differences between A&M and UT the
>other day when it occurred to me *finally* why UT students
>are jealous of A&M.
> And before one of you Texas-types says "What!?! Have you
>seen our rankings in US News and World Report's guide to
>grad schools?" let me say (1) yes, I have. Very impressive;
>(2) They let me in, so don't be too proud; and (3) rankings
>shmankings.
> Besides, that's not what I'm talking about. I mean jealousy as
>it relates to football and school spirit.
> Very quickly, let me recount the Texas football traditions:
> (1) Winning (until recently)
> (2) Getting drunk at the games :)
> (3) That pistol going off when the horns score
(4) Playing OU in the Cotton Bowl
(5) Owning the entire SWC (until recently)
(6) Hex rally
(7) The World's Largest Texas Flag
(8) The Showband of the Southwest

> Now for some A&M traditions:

> (1) Getting drunk before midnight yell practice :)

> (2) midnight yell practice itself
> (3) bonfire
> (4) humpin' it, whooping, wildcatting, yells, etc
> (5) march in (CTs only, but the rest of us can watch)

> (6) mugging with your date when the Ags score

> (7) yell leaders (although I do remember a great comment
> from a UT fan who said they look like
> "perverted milkmen")

It was me who said it many years ago. And by the way, it was "perverted Good
Humor men."

> (8) That cannon going off every time we score

> (9) Fish rushing the field to catch the yell leaders after a win

> (10) Yell practice *after* the game if we lose.
> (11) Fish camp
> (12) Muster

> (13) (insert "paying players" insult here)
>

> Now, the interesting thing to me is that even when we cease being
>a really solid team, we'll still have all these really cool, *fun*
>traditions that make A&M unique. And whenever UT gets back on the
>winning track (hint: dump mac), they'll still have ... getting
>drunk and winning.
> Futhermore, what UT has is no different from what most
>other schools around the U.S. have - less, in fact, when
>you consider that Michigan and Penn State have been selling
>out their stadiums for years. I guess my point that UT's
>whole take on football and spirit in general is downright
>*common*.

Well, your list was somewhat incomplete. I'd rather say that the reason why
Michigan and Pepsi State sell out their stadiums consistently has nothing to
do with tradition, as I'm fairly sure that even we have more than they do.
It has to do with the fact that HS football here in Texas in much more popular
than it is up north.

Plus, those teams have much longer stretches of consistent winning football
than either atm or UT. Besides, if tradition made for good attendance, I'd
suspect that atm would sell out all their games, which they don't.

TEXAS FLAG PROUD

Thanx,
Dustin "I got yer tradition right here." Christmann

Bradley Dale Glover

Sep 23, 1994, 12:45:52 PM9/23/94
Kent Nickell wrote:

>Bradley Dale Glover writes:

>[ Aggie War Hymn 1st verse deleted ]

>> This is the second time this verse has been posted. Does this really
>> exist? I thought y'all were just making this up but I guess not.

>Yes, this is the actual first verse to the War Hymn. There has been talk on
>the campus in recent years to revive it. However, I would have to guess that
>a majority of the student body doesn't even know that it exists. I, for one,

>would, enjoy singing that verse.

Yes, but then the only part that I've ever really been able to make out would
have to be deleted. That is, unless you want our side to start yelling it.

SOUNDS LIKE HELL!!!

In fact, if y'all did start using the above verse, you know that's what would
happen. You wouldn't expect anything less of us now would you? :-)

>> Boy, and this verse says absolutely nothing about UTexas. Now I'm
>> really feeling insecure. :-(

>Don't feel insecure yet, Brad. Wait until TCU thrashes you this weekend. :-)

Nah, Varsity will saw frogs horns off.

>> This 10+ winning streak is really making you guys feel independent. ;-)

>Of course, after November 5th when tu takes out mammoth revenge for the
>aforementioned streak, those feelings of independence our sure to cease.

Sometimes you can't even squeeze a woof out of an aggee. Hang it there
weaxf gawdz, I'll keep tryin'.

>> Brad "go back to rippin' on tu" Glover

>Instead of ripping tu, I would like to wish your team all the luck I can in
>its upcoming games with okrahoma and colorado as well as in conference. I
>would like to see Texas win every game but one every year. I bet you can
>guess which one, too.

I've never heard the okrahoma one before. Pretty funny. Lose every game
but *one*, huh? I guess that means you'd like to see us win the Cotton.
Course if we lose to y'all and still go to the Cotton then I know y'all
will never let us hear the end of it. Some of my aggee friends are
already calling it the Consolation bowl. However, if we happened to
*win* the Cotton(how many years has it been for the SWC?), you know how
we would go on and on about how it took Texas to get the job done.

>Of course, now that I think about it, it would be nice to see TCU pickin'
>cotton as well.

Boy, horned froggies sure are taking on a much more deeper, darker, and
unsightly shade of purple these days. ;-)

>%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>% Kent Nickell Texas A&M University '95 %
>% Bell Northern Research, Richardson, TX Gig'em Aggies!! %
>% - Usual disclaimers apply - %
>%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

BTW Kent, your write-up on the A&M-OU game was the best one posted IMO. I
look forward to reading your thoughts and reflections on upcoming A&M games.

TEXAS PROUD

Brad "especially on Monday, Nov 7" Glover
University of Texas '95

Kent Nickell

Sep 23, 1994, 2:42:13 PM9/23/94

In article <35v0o0$2...@priddy.cs.utexas.edu>, brad...@cs.utexas.edu (Bradley Dale Glover) writes:

> BTW Kent, your write-up on the A&M-OU game was the best one posted IMO. I
> look forward to reading your thoughts and reflections on upcoming A&M games.

> Brad "especially on Monday, Nov 7" Glover
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You probably won't see anything interesting in this one, seeing as I won't be
able to make it down to Austin and my TV has been having problems picking up
Aggie games lately. And, after the terrible thrashing that the mighty t-sips are
going to thrust upon us, I will probably just want to the game behind me.

We're dead...

Chris Bellomy

Sep 23, 1994, 4:15:32 PM9/23/94
Bradley Dale Glover (brad...@cs.utexas.edu) wrote:

: Lose every game

: but *one*, huh? I guess that means you'd like to see us win the Cotton.
: Course if we lose to y'all and still go to the Cotton then I know y'all
: will never let us hear the end of it. Some of my aggee friends are
: already calling it the Consolation bowl. However, if we happened to
: *win* the Cotton(how many years has it been for the SWC?), you know how
: we would go on and on about how it took Texas to get the job done.

Nah. We got F$U and Notre D0H! You'll probably get Rutgers.

--
Chris Bellomy University of North Texas
cbel...@hsc.unt.edu Health Science Center at Fort Worth

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain; as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."
-- Albert Einstein

Eric T. Moore

Sep 23, 1994, 5:52:07 PM9/23/94
brad...@cs.utexas.edu (Bradley Dale Glover) writes:

>Kent Nickell wrote:

>>Don't feel insecure yet, Brad. Wait until TCU thrashes you this weekend.
>:-)

>Nah, Varsity will saw frogs horns off.

That would be *file* the frogs horns off. BTW, Chris prefers them smooth.:)

| Eric T. Moore | mo...@econ.unt.edu | Univ. of North Texas, Economics |

| I don't speak for you or them or anyone else, only for myself. |

| Radical falsificationism recognises the fallibility of knowledge, |
| stresses the role of empirical testing as a safety valve protecting |
| subject fields from falling prey to dogmatism and acknowledges the |
| difficulties involved in empirical testing as a result of the con- |
| glomerate nature of theories. Dogmatic falsificationism, on the |
| other hand, treats empirical testing as an infallible and purely |
| objective means of arriving at certain knowledge. *Bill Gerrard* |

Paul=Broyles%P...@bangate.compaq.com

Sep 23, 1994, 7:00:29 PM9/23/94

>Nah, Varsity will saw frogs horns off.

Heh, heh, that's pretty funny....

cjohn mace

Sep 24, 1994, 11:59:48 AM9/24/94

> Actually, you were behind to start with by the original scoring, not all
>traditions are related to football (Silver Taps -- QED), and said assertion
>relating to teaching has not been established by any sources I know of at
>this time, so you're SOL, cowboy.

A couple of notes about this thread. This is informational not bait.

1) Every transfer student or incoming freshman is required to attend a
school orientation the semester before enrolling. Actually, they
enroll during their orientation in many cases.
2) Any incoming freshman for a fall semester has the option of paying for
and attending a "Fish Camp" the summer before their enrollment.
This is where the actual brain-washing takes effect. Actually,
its more like a week long party where you make a lot of friends,
and have a head start on the rest of the freshmen who are coming
in blind.

Camp Stark Surfers '85!

Very few of A&M traditions are based on that small secular school in
the west-central part of the state. Beating tu is our battlecry, not
our life. Their name is in our War Hymm, but not in our school song.
The 12th man had absolutely nothing to do with them. There are
several military traditions that have nothing to do with that other
school, since they know nothing about the military in that bastion
of liberalism.

>Jammer Jim Miller -- I won't mention that fact the the Cmuck rating system is
> overly simplistic.

That is the beauty of it. It is more of a personal curiosity than anything
else. I just want to see how it turns out.

cmuck

I R A Aggie

Sep 25, 1994, 11:28:00 AM9/25/94
In article <35r3s5$c...@cash.cs.utexas.edu>, brad...@cs.utexas.edu (Bradley Dale Glover) wrote:

+ Kevin McCabe wrote:
+
+ >I was thinking about the differences between A&M and UT the
+ >other day when it occurred to me *finally* why UT students
+ >are jealous of A&M.
+
+ Nice bait, Kevin. Now sing me a verse of war hymn why don't ya?

Ok, Bradley, you asked for it:

Hullabaloo, Caneck! Caneck!
Hullabaloo, Caneck! Caneck!

All Hail to dear old Texas A&M,

Rally around Maroon and White,
Good luck to the dear old Texas Aggies,

They are the boys who show the fight,
That good old Aggie spirit thrills us,

And makes us yell and yell and yell;

So let's fight for dear old Texas A&M,

We're going to beat you all to

+ You left out all of our best traditions and included all of y'all's
+ lame ones, but like I said, it really doesn't matter because your
+ fight song says it all.

Which is, Bradley?

James

Bradley Dale Glover

Sep 26, 1994, 1:01:48 AM9/26/94
Bradley Dale Glover writes:

>Kent Nickell wrote:

>>Don't feel insecure yet, Brad. Wait until TCU thrashes you this weekend.

>>:-)

>Nah, Varsity will saw frogs horns off.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Phooey to the weauxf gawdz!

TEXAS PROUD

Brad "ibis-less" Glover
University of Texas '95