Academic Fraud at Auburn University

honestpro...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2006, 9:25:13 PM7/13/06
The New York Times is all over it. this might get messy.

more --> http://honestpropagandist.blogspot.com

John Rogers

Jul 13, 2006, 9:34:03 PM7/13/06
Yeah, honestpro...@gmail.com, well... that's just like... your
opinion man.

>The New York Times is all over it. this might get messy.
>
>more --> http://honestpropagandist.blogspot.com

Welcome to the group, bammer.

http://vodkapundit.com/archives/008850.php

John Rogers
AU Class of 1985
The Al Del Greco of Atlanta

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and
degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing
is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is
willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal
safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless
made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

(John Stuart Mill)

John Rogers

Jul 13, 2006, 9:44:49 PM7/13/06
Yeah, John Rogers <tige...@yahoo.com>, well... that's just like...
your opinion man.

>Yeah, honestpro...@gmail.com, well... that's just like... your
>opinion man.
>
>>The New York Times is all over it. this might get messy.
>>
>>more --> http://honestpropagandist.blogspot.com
>
>Welcome to the group, bammer.
>
>http://vodkapundit.com/archives/008850.php

P.S. Fear the thumb.

Unclaimed Mysteries

Jul 13, 2006, 11:37:26 PM7/13/06
honestpro...@gmail.com wrote:
> The New York Times is all over it. this might get messy.
>
> more --> http://honestpropagandist.blogspot.com

There is nothing more nauseating than a two-faced arrogant Bamer finding
something to crow about in Auburn. Especially when a reasonable observer
contemplates the truth - that as bad as Auburn athletic corruption is,
it is nothing compared to the gigantic ball and chain that is the
University of Alabama comma Tuskaloosa, its creepy Bearcorpse-fellating
fans, its tradition of malignant political "leadership," and its
eternally absurd pretensions of "class." What happens at Auburn does not
change any of that, you repellent clump of crimson phlegm.

Welcome to rsfc! Here's your fruit basket and coupon book!

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

honestpro...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2006, 12:36:43 AM7/14/06
"that as bad as Auburn athletic corruption is, "

You admit it?

This isn't good for anyone in the state of Alabama. It needs to be
resolved, quickly, with those who were in charge of the "classes" being
shown the door.

Matthew Hennig

Jul 14, 2006, 12:57:01 AM7/14/06
honestpro...@gmail.com wrote in

> Unclaimed Mysteries wrote:
>> honestpro...@gmail.com wrote:
>> > The New York Times is all over it. this might get messy.
>> >
>> > more --> http://honestpropagandist.blogspot.com
>> >

>> There is nothing more nauseating than a two-faced arrogant Bamer
>> finding something to crow about in Auburn. Especially when a
>> reasonable observer contemplates the truth - that as bad as Auburn
>> athletic corruption is, it is nothing compared to the gigantic ball
>> and chain that is the University of Alabama comma Tuskaloosa, its
>> creepy Bearcorpse-fellating fans, its tradition of malignant
>> political "leadership," and its eternally absurd pretensions of
>> "class." What happens at Auburn does not change any of that, you
>> repellent clump of crimson phlegm.
>>
>> Welcome to rsfc! Here's your fruit basket and coupon book!
> "that as bad as Auburn athletic corruption is, "
>
> You admit it?
>
> This isn't good for anyone in the state of Alabama. It needs to be
> resolved, quickly, with those who were in charge of the "classes"
> being shown the door.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Oh and your newsreader is broke. I fixed it this time, but make sure
its fixed in the future.

MH

--
Ten of Spades
Aggee Fedayeen Chief

"We just got outplayed today. That's the bottom line. And we got
outcoached."
- OU Head Coach Bob Stoops following the Texas A&M game, Nov 9, 2002

Unclaimed Mysteries

Jul 14, 2006, 1:12:10 AM7/14/06
honestpro...@gmail.com wrote:
> "that as bad as Auburn athletic corruption is, "
>
> You admit it?
>
> This isn't good for anyone in the state of Alabama. It needs to be
> resolved, quickly, with those who were in charge of the "classes" being
> shown the door.

And a top-posting bamer too. Look, I know your kind. I live here among
you. Your university's alumni, tradition and "class" has made Alabama
ONE OF THE TOP FIFTY STATES IN THE UNION. I guess that's something to be
proud of, that we haven't been ASKED TO LEAVE - YET.

I've already addressed what (*COUGH*lowder*COUGH*) I think is the
nutroot of the Auburn academic problem in another post. It should
definitely be your concern if you are an Alabama taxpayer. But I don't
think you sincerely approach it that way. You come across as just
another Bear Bryant-worshiping bulletin board slut. There are chunks of
people like you in our stool.

As far as Auburn making the state look bad, well, it's not as serious as
you might think for two main reasons: 1) Alabama already looks bad,
because it's ALABAMA. WE CELEBRATE OUR IGNORANCE. 2) Nobody actually
knows quite where Auburn is. Most outsiders think it's in some nebulous
zone between DeFuniak Springs, FL and East Dublin, GA.

So don't worry your pretty little haid over that issue.

But if you think you're going to come in here and spread your pathetic
little Roll-tide smack that would get you RUN in 1/1000000 second on the
Jim Rome show or even JT the Brick, you have another thing coming. Rsfc
is TOO SMART for you, even the resident Auburn haters are too smart for
you.

YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT.($1)

Guards, seize him.

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

"And now, They have even got a machine that can tell if you're thinking.
It's called a TV. If it's off, you're guilty." - Rev. Ivan Stang

Jay Furr

Jul 14, 2006, 1:17:32 AM7/14/06
Unclaimed Mysteries <the_letter_k_and_the_numeral_4
_d...@unclaimedmysteries.net> wrote in news:KIFtg.7863$PE1.5891
@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

POTLHH

--
IFIIRZZSKOPGKXEAVOBMJKKVOLF

Kokopeli

Jul 14, 2006, 1:44:00 AM7/14/06

<honestpro...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> The New York Times is all over it. this might get messy.
>
> more --> http://honestpropagandist.blogspot.com

A Bammer getting all excited about some Barner indiscretion is like Josef
Stalin decrying a guy who shot his wife.
dw

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Jul 14, 2006, 7:37:06 AM7/14/06
honestpro...@gmail.com wrote:
> The New York Times is all over it. this might get messy.
>
> more --> http://bearsbonesmoker.blogspot.com

Dear mullet,

Today is Friday.

You have been a idot 4 days this week.

That is all.

a.

J. Hugh Sullivan

Jul 14, 2006, 9:26:28 AM7/14/06
On 13 Jul 2006 18:25:13 -0700, honestpro...@gmail.com wrote:

>The New York Times is all over it. this might get messy.
>
>more --> http://honestpropagandist.blogspot.com

I don't see how anyone can gloat over the Awbarn situation if the
story is accurate.

What Bama and Awbarn do reflects far beyond West Opelika and
Tuscaloosa. And only a fool thinks that type situation is limited to
two schools or even a geographical area.

Who in his right mind thinks that athletes, with all the demands on
their time, can compete with regular students prior to the NFL draft?
If they struggle with the ACT or SAT who reasonably expects them to
pass regularly constituted college classes? You need an undergraduate
degree to earn an initial job offer at $60m per year; you don't to
earn 7 digits per year. When the values are suspect you had better
suspect the methods.

Roll Tide,

Hugh

Emperor Wonko the Magnificent

Jul 14, 2006, 5:22:57 PM7/14/06

John Rogers wrote:
> Yeah, honestpro...@gmail.com, well... that's just like... your
> opinion man.
>
> >The New York Times is all over it. this might get messy.
> >
> >more --> http://honestpropagandist.blogspot.com
>
> Welcome to the group, bammer.
>
> http://vodkapundit.com/archives/008850.php

With apologies to the good Rogers:

http://tinyurl.com/el9kp

Doug

John Rogers

Jul 14, 2006, 7:51:16 PM7/14/06
Yeah, "Emperor Wonko the Magnificent" <do...@sorensensdomain.net>,

well... that's just like... your opinion man.

>John Rogers wrote:
>> Yeah, honestpro...@gmail.com, well... that's just like... your
>> opinion man.
>>
>> >The New York Times is all over it. this might get messy.
>> >
>> >more --> http://honestpropagandist.blogspot.com
>>
>> Welcome to the group, bammer.
>>
>> http://vodkapundit.com/archives/008850.php
>>

>With apologies to the good Rogers:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/el9kp
>
>Doug

Heh...

You bassturd.

Tony Rice

Jul 14, 2006, 8:20:07 PM7/14/06
Your subject is redundant.

mianderson

Jul 14, 2006, 8:27:57 PM7/14/06

Tony Rice wrote:
> Your subject is redundant.

it works the exact same way at all the bigtime programs..........auburn
is no different from LSU or Michigan or USC or Oklahoma or Virginia
tech or Kansas State or Tennessee or (insert 40 other schools)

Tony Rice

Jul 14, 2006, 8:55:28 PM7/14/06
"mianderson" <cla...@excite.com> wrote in news:1152923277.025523.16880
@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

> it works the exact same way at all the bigtime programs..........auburn
> is no different from LSU or Michigan or USC or Oklahoma or Virginia
> tech or Kansas State or Tennessee or (insert 40 other schools)

Athletes take classes known to be easy enough for them to handle. This is
true at every university in every division.

Not every university has a Sociology professor that's giving out grades.
Is Auburn the only one where this happens, prolly not. Is it happening at
40 other schools, call me naive but I doubt it.

The NCAA is too much of a busy-body for schools to risk this kind of crap.
Any university worth a damn tracks athlete grades not just by athlete but
by class and by professor. See a trend, do something about it before the
NCAA is stringing their brand of crime scene tape across your practice
facilities.

Scott I. Ferrell

Jul 15, 2006, 12:20:59 AM7/15/06
Unclaimed Mysteries wrote:

> another Bear Bryant-worshiping bulletin board slut.

Dood. I am so borrowoing this for TWCBEPES.

SIF

miand...@students.mcg.edu

Jul 15, 2006, 2:00:21 PM7/15/06

Tony Rice wrote:
> "mianderson" <cla...@excite.com> wrote in news:1152923277.025523.16880
> @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:
>
> > it works the exact same way at all the bigtime programs..........auburn
> > is no different from LSU or Michigan or USC or Oklahoma or Virginia
> > tech or Kansas State or Tennessee or (insert 40 other schools)
> >

> Athletes take classes known to be easy enough for them to handle. This is
> true at every university in every division.

dude, it's true at most every university....athlete OR NOT. you don't
even have to be an athlete to find a certain sequence of gimme classes
to take.........I knew people(nonathletes) who basically did nothing
and graduated from UGA.....and UGA is supposedly a pretty good school
now(avg sat > 1300, avg entering gpa ~3.7)

> Not every university has a Sociology professor that's giving out grades.
> Is Auburn the only one where this happens, prolly not. Is it happening at
> 40 other schools, call me naive but I doubt it.

it's happening at way more then 40 schools tony.

> The NCAA is too much of a busy-body for schools to risk this kind of crap.
> Any university worth a damn tracks athlete grades not just by athlete but
> by class and by professor. See a trend

again tony, why should regular students be able to register for easy
pass classes but athletes shouldn't be able to? Isnt that an unfair
double standard?

Tony Rice

Jul 16, 2006, 7:06:01 PM7/16/06
miand...@students.mcg.edu wrote in news:1152986421.601840.280260
@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

> again tony, why should regular students be able to register for easy
> pass classes but athletes shouldn't be able to? Isnt that an unfair
> double standard?

Okay, I'll bite. Because they are supposed to be representatives of the
university. Above that kind of thing and all.

Why would they want to register for a skate class? They are "student"
atheletes there for an educatoin after all.

John Rogers

Jul 16, 2006, 7:22:35 PM7/16/06
Yeah, Tony Rice <rtph...@gmail.com>, well... that's just like... your
opinion man.

>miand...@students.mcg.edu wrote in news:1152986421.601840.280260

So do I need to go back to Auburn and tell'em to take back the 3-hrs
of credit for that "History of Jazz" course that I took?

John Rogers
AU Class of 1985
The Al Del Greco of Atlanta

"I will choose a path thats clear.
I will choose free will."

kurt

Jul 16, 2006, 7:56:30 PM7/16/06
John Rogers wrote:

> So do I need to go back to Auburn and tell'em to take back the 3-hrs
> of credit for that "History of Jazz" course that I took?

Did you take it as a core class, or an elective?

> "I will choose a path thats clear.

Unlike John Vaughn at LSU last year heh...

kurt

John Rogers

Jul 16, 2006, 8:54:13 PM7/16/06
Yeah, "kurt" <kr1...@yahoo.com>, well... that's just like... your
opinion man.

>John Rogers wrote:

>> So do I need to go back to Auburn and tell'em to take back the 3-hrs
>> of credit for that "History of Jazz" course that I took?
>
>Did you take it as a core class, or an elective?

It was an elective, but it was a 3-hour elective that was required for
me to graduate. We sat around for three months listening to jazz LPs.
That class rooled.

>> "I will choose a path thats clear.
>
>Unlike John Vaughn at LSU last year heh...

SHUT

UP

John Rogers
AU Class of 1985
The Al Del Greco of Atlanta

"I will choose a path thats clear.

kurt

Jul 16, 2006, 9:15:59 PM7/16/06
John Rogers wrote:

> >> So do I need to go back to Auburn and tell'em to take back the 3-hrs
> >> of credit for that "History of Jazz" course that I took?
> >
> >Did you take it as a core class, or an elective?
>
> It was an elective, but it was a 3-hour elective that was required for
> me to graduate. We sat around for three months listening to jazz LPs.
> That class rooled.

I would liked to have taken that class..

Really.

kurt

Tony Rice

Jul 16, 2006, 9:44:54 PM7/16/06
John Rogers <tige...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> So do I need to go back to Auburn and tell'em to take back the 3-hrs
> of credit for that "History of Jazz" course that I took?

The music appreciation class I took at Hokie High wasnt the skate I thought
it would be. Damn hard class. And I actually like classical music.

John Rogers

Jul 16, 2006, 10:58:43 PM7/16/06
Yeah, Tony Rice <rtph...@gmail.com>, well... that's just like... your
opinion man.

>John Rogers <tige...@yahoo.com> wrote in

As I said in another post, "History of Jazz" consisted of sitting
around and listening to jazz (and blues) LPs. We had one test (a final
exam) only because the prof was required to. He'd play a tune and ask
"what artist is this?" and "what instrument does this artist play?".
It was easy.

Easiest 3 quarter hour credits I ever earned.

Tonawanda Kardex

Jul 16, 2006, 11:14:05 PM7/16/06

honestpro...@gmail.com wrote:

> The New York Times is all over it. this might get messy.
>
> more --> http://honestpropagandist.blogspot.com

Strip that MNC!

Oh ... wait.

Jon Enslin

Jul 17, 2006, 8:51:41 AM7/17/06

At some point though, these schools really have to clamp down on this
stuff internally. How can a school be taken seriously as an academic
institution when you have a tenured faculty member pulling this stuff?
Everyone knew in that Department and College what this guy was doing,
yet they just let it happen.

And again, I don't have a problem with independent study for athletes,
nor do I have a problem with stuff like the Ballroom Dancing course
that Leinart took last year - he worked to get to that point where he
earned his degree and just had to take a blow off course. Almost
everyone does in college, why shouldn't an athlete?

But when you bastardize your academics like this, and I'm not singling
out Auburn because other places do it to, I question the academic
leadership of the school. It is kind of pathetic when you don't stay
true to your core mission and let this stuff occur.

Jon

miand...@students.mcg.edu

Jul 17, 2006, 12:56:10 PM7/17/06

Tony Rice wrote:
> miand...@students.mcg.edu wrote in news:1152986421.601840.280260
> @m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:
>
> > again tony, why should regular students be able to register for easy
> > pass classes but athletes shouldn't be able to? Isnt that an unfair
> > double standard?
>
> Okay, I'll bite. Because they are supposed to be representatives of the
> university. Above that kind of thing and all.

And I think it's ridiculous to expect college football players, many of
whom were admitted with numbers far below those that would generally
merit admission as regular students, to be "above" what the regular
students are when it comes to academics. It's not fair that Cadillac
Williams shouldn't be able to take some bs class and john q frat boy
can't.

> Why would they want to register for a skate class? They are "student"
> atheletes there for an educatoin after all.

And some are just "students"....if a "student" should be able to take a
class a "student-athlete" should be able to as well......

miand...@students.mcg.edu

Jul 17, 2006, 12:57:40 PM7/17/06

Jon Enslin wrote:
> Tony Rice wrote:
> > "mianderson" <cla...@excite.com> wrote in news:1152923277.025523.16880
> > @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:
> >
> > > it works the exact same way at all the bigtime programs..........auburn
> > > is no different from LSU or Michigan or USC or Oklahoma or Virginia
> > > tech or Kansas State or Tennessee or (insert 40 other schools)
> > >

> > Athletes take classes known to be easy enough for them to handle. This is
> > true at every university in every division.
> >
> > Not every university has a Sociology professor that's giving out grades.
> > Is Auburn the only one where this happens, prolly not. Is it happening at
> > 40 other schools, call me naive but I doubt it.
> >
> > The NCAA is too much of a busy-body for schools to risk this kind of crap.
> > Any university worth a damn tracks athlete grades not just by athlete but
> > by class and by professor. See a trend, do something about it before the
> > NCAA is stringing their brand of crime scene tape across your practice
> > facilities.
>

> At some point though, these schools really have to clamp down on this
> stuff internally. How can a school be taken seriously as an academic
> institution when you have a tenured faculty member pulling this stuff?

good luck finding *any* institution where there aren't tons of BS easy
A/B classes where little or nothing is required being taught from
tenured faculty.

rich hammett

Jul 19, 2006, 9:53:27 AM7/19/06
Minun olisi pitänyt tietää, olisi pitänyt tietää,
olisi pitänyt tietää KUKA SINÄ OLET, John Rogers:

> Yeah, Tony Rice <rtph...@gmail.com>, well... that's just like... your
> opinion man.

>>John Rogers <tige...@yahoo.com> wrote in
>>
>>> So do I need to go back to Auburn and tell'em to take back the 3-hrs
>>> of credit for that "History of Jazz" course that I took?
>>
>>The music appreciation class I took at Hokie High wasnt the skate I thought
>>it would be. Damn hard class. And I actually like classical music.

> As I said in another post, "History of Jazz" consisted of sitting
> around and listening to jazz (and blues) LPs. We had one test (a final
> exam) only because the prof was required to. He'd play a tune and ask
> "what artist is this?" and "what instrument does this artist play?".
> It was easy.

> Easiest 3 quarter hour credits I ever earned.

Of course, what is claimed in THIS case is that some of these
students took no classes in their MAJOR except for skate
independent study classes.

rich
--
-to reply, it's hot not warm
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

John Rogers

Jul 19, 2006, 10:22:30 AM7/19/06
Yeah, rich hammett <bubba...@warmmail.com>, well... that's just
like... your opinion man.

>Minun olisi pitänyt tietää, olisi pitänyt tietää,
>olisi pitänyt tietää KUKA SINÄ OLET, John Rogers:
>> Yeah, Tony Rice <rtph...@gmail.com>, well... that's just like... your
>> opinion man.
>
>>>John Rogers <tige...@yahoo.com> wrote in

>>>The music appreciation class I took at Hokie High wasnt the skate I thought
>>>it would be. Damn hard class. And I actually like classical music.
>
>> As I said in another post, "History of Jazz" consisted of sitting
>> around and listening to jazz (and blues) LPs. We had one test (a final
>> exam) only because the prof was required to. He'd play a tune and ask
>> "what artist is this?" and "what instrument does this artist play?".
>> It was easy.
>
>> Easiest 3 quarter hour credits I ever earned.
>
>Of course, what is claimed in THIS case is that some of these
>students took no classes in their MAJOR except for skate
>independent study classes.

Yet the NYT documents only 18 players taking 97 hours. If all 18
players were Sociology majors, over four years the 120 hour major for
18 players takes a total of 2160 hours for them all to graduate. Is
the athlete-hating professor trying to tell us that it only takes 97
hours of Sociology courses of 2160 total hours to earn 18 Sociology
degrees?

BTW... if you've read the AJC over the last couple of days, you're
starting to see some fancy steppin' and sand crabbin' from this
professor. For one thing, he's now trying to say that he NEVER MEANT
to imply that the athletes were being treated differently than any
other student who took the IS courses.

Dale Bright®

Aug 1, 2006, 4:53:12 PM8/1/06
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:22:30 -0400, John Rogers <tige...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

This reminds me of a certain English professor............

Dale Bright®

"non compos mentis"

John Rogers

Aug 1, 2006, 9:56:00 PM8/1/06