Well... Damnit

David V. Loewe, Jr

Apr 24, 2010, 10:03:23 PM4/24/10
Every two weeks, barring last minute cancellations, a group of my
friends and I get together and play Magic The Gathering. Tonight was
that night. I hitched a ride with Mike Bast to the home of Jeff and
Rhonda Ruesch. We arrived at the residence to the sight of an ambulance
and fire truck out front. Another friend, Matt, who had arrived as Jeff
had gotten home from work was standing on the front lawn looking
somewhat shaken. He told us that Rhonda had suffered some sort of
attack or seizure and that the Paramedic/EMTs were working on her and it
didn't look good. About 30 minutes later they brought Rhonda out on a
gurney and she looked bad. We stayed with Jeff as he made arrangements
for their young son Alex and changed into other clothes. Mike, who had
been best man at Jeff and Rhonda's wedding, would stay with Alex (and
await the arrival of his wife Erin to help out) while Matt and I
followed Jeff to the hospital (Jeff insisted on driving himself). After
Matt saw that Jeff had successfully parked, he took me back to my place.

I called Mike, to let him know that Jeff had made it to the hospital and
began calling other friends to let them know and e-mailing those for
whom I only had an e-mail.

Then Mike called me back to tell me that Rhonda had been pronounced dead
at the hospital.

And, so, a woman younger than I, the mother of a young boy, the loving
wife of a fine man and a friend is suddenly gone and I can't make sense
of it.

MoParMaN

Apr 24, 2010, 10:13:34 PM4/24/10

This sucks. I dunno what else to say. God be with you and your friend
family.

That is all.

--
--MoParMan--
---Scud Coordinates 32.61204 North 96.92989 West---

deem...@aol.com

Apr 24, 2010, 10:33:58 PM4/24/10
On Apr 24, 10:03 pm, "David V. Loewe, Jr" <davelo...@charter.net>
wrote:

Sorry dude. That really sucks. Condolences and prayers.

Chris Bellomy

Apr 24, 2010, 10:47:35 PM4/24/10
David,

There will never be any sense in this that's ours to
understand.

Strength to you and your circle.

cb

C The Shocker

Apr 24, 2010, 10:52:54 PM4/24/10
On Apr 24, 7:03 pm, "David V. Loewe, Jr" <davelo...@charter.net>
wrote:

Thoughts are with you, fellow RSFCer. I'm not religious, so I can't
offer any words of comfort in that area, but sometimes the darkest
hours are also the finest. I hope you and your friends can weather the
storm with safety and strength.

-
C The Shocker
Quack!

xyzzy

Apr 25, 2010, 12:20:45 AM4/25/10
On Apr 24, 10:03 pm, "David V. Loewe, Jr" <davelo...@charter.net>
wrote:

Sorry, man.

Besides being sad, it's also a sobering reminder of our own
mortality. A year or so ago people were dying around me in distressing
numbers including a coworker 10 cubes down who died of a heart attack
at his desk.

Antonio Veranos

Apr 25, 2010, 12:30:32 AM4/25/10
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 21:20:45 -0700 (PDT), xyzzy wrote...

> Sorry, man.

What he said.

> Besides being sad, it's also a sobering reminder of our own
> mortality. A year or so ago people were dying around me in distressing
> numbers including a coworker 10 cubes down who died of a heart attack
> at his desk.

Definitely. I remember the first time I saw a dead body... it was such
a strange thing, not at all like you see in film or on television. You
can very definitely tell without checking for a pulse that the thing in
front of you is an empty shell which once contained life, without doubt.
It is a very strange thing. One moment alive, one moment gone. I guess
when you think about things in a cosmic sense, that sentence could tell
the story of each one of us. One moment alive, one moment gone.

The trick, I think, is to make the bit in between something worthy of
being remembered by those who are left behind. It sounds to me from
your post, David, that Rhonda will be remembered fondly. When the shock
of the loss has been left in the past, the pain will turn to a warm and
wistful rememberance of happy times... and that will be a comfort.

Sending good thoughts your way, pla... and to your friends, of course.

--
A. Veranos

What color does a smurf go when you choke it?

DanS.

Apr 24, 2010, 10:55:58 PM4/24/10
David V. Loewe, Jr added the following to the totality of all human
wisdom on 4/24/2010 in writing

Sorry man. Feeling for a friend is akin to suffering yourself. I hope
it passes quickly.

--
Yours,
Dan S.

DanS.

Apr 24, 2010, 11:14:25 PM4/24/10
David V. Loewe, Jr added the following to the totality of all human
wisdom on 4/24/2010 in writing

Sorry man. Feeling for a friend is akin to suffering yourself. I hope

the_andr...@yahoo.com

Apr 25, 2010, 5:37:48 AM4/25/10
On Apr 24, 10:03 pm, "David V. Loewe, Jr" <davelo...@charter.net>
wrote:

wow...sorry

a.

SNORKY

Apr 25, 2010, 3:13:13 PM4/25/10
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 21:47:35 -0500, Chris Bellomy <ten.wohsdoog@sirhc>
wrote:

What about people with a rhombus? Do you wish them ill?

McMahone

Apr 26, 2010, 9:19:58 AM4/26/10
David,

So sorry for your loss. There isn't much to say that doesn't ring
hollow at a time like this. Prayers for strength for all of you.

Marty

Dan Bretta

Apr 26, 2010, 9:35:31 AM4/26/10
On Apr 24, 9:03 pm, "David V. Loewe, Jr" <davelo...@charter.net>
wrote:

Sorry to hear this David....Condolences to you and your friend.

Dan

RaginPage

Apr 26, 2010, 10:06:30 AM4/26/10
On Apr 24, 10:03 pm, "David V. Loewe, Jr" <davelo...@charter.net>
wrote:

David,

I am very sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you as
you cope with this and also with your friends as they cope.

Brent

David Loewe, Jr.

Apr 26, 2010, 7:14:43 PM4/26/10

I want to thank all of you for your kind thoughts and wishes for my late
friend, her husband, young child and our circle of friends at this time.
--
"England and America are two countries seperated by the same language."
- George Bernard Shaw

Thomas R. Kettler

Apr 27, 2010, 8:59:17 AM4/27/10
In article <i159t51mvoa74gqqc...@4ax.com>,
SNORKY <sno...@snorky.zz> wrote:

Many people with a rhombus are squares.
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.

Thomas R. Kettler

Apr 27, 2010, 9:01:28 AM4/27/10
In article <kp67t598fg72en19g...@4ax.com>,

My best condolences. After all, I sought the same when my father died
back in January.