USA Today Pre-season Coaches Top-10 for 2012

unclejr

Aug 2, 2012, 12:46:17 PM8/2/12
Leaked:

https://twitter.com/joeyrkaufman/status/231058123262148608

1. LSU
2. Alabama
3. USC
4. Oklahoma
5. Oregon
6. Georgia
7. Florida State
8. Michigan
9. South Carolina
10. Arkansas

(What, only five SEC teams?)

-Junior

unklbob

Aug 2, 2012, 12:54:15 PM8/2/12
What's with the hardon for FSU?

unclejr

Aug 2, 2012, 12:54:09 PM8/2/12
On Thursday, August 2, 2012 11:46:17 AM UTC-5, unclejr wrote:
> Leaked:
>
> https://twitter.com/joeyrkaufman/status/231058123262148608
>
> 1. LSU
> 2. Alabama
> 3. USC
> 4. Oklahoma
> 5. Oregon
> 6. Georgia
> 7. Florida State
> 8. Michigan
> 9. South Carolina
> 10. Arkansas

Supposedly the rest of the Top-25 is:

11. West Virginia
12. Wisconsin
13. Michigan State
14. Clemson
15. Texas
16. Nebraska
17. TCU
18. Stanford
19. Oklahoma State
20. Virginia Tech
21. Kansas State
22. Boise State
23. Florida
24. Notre Dame
25. Auburn

Also, 1st place votes (allegedly):

LSU 18
Alabama 20
USC 19

-Junior

Mercellus Bohren

Aug 2, 2012, 1:09:37 PM8/2/12

unclejr

Aug 2, 2012, 1:10:09 PM8/2/12
A combination of three things:

1. Closing out 2011 with 7 wins in 8 games.
2. Strong recruiting classes over the past couple of years.
3. Easy schedule (FCS Murray St. and FCS Savannah St. at home)

-Junior

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy

Aug 2, 2012, 1:31:58 PM8/2/12
"unclejr" <wat...@kenyon.edu> wrote

> > Leaked:
>
> > https://twitter.com/joeyrkaufman/status/231058123262148608
>
> > 1. LSU
> > 2. Alabama
> > 3. USC
> > 4. Oklahoma
> > 5. Oregon
> > 6. Georgia
> > 7. Florida State
> > 8. Michigan
> > 9. South Carolina
> > 10. Arkansas
>
> > (What, only five SEC teams?)
>
> > -Junior
>
> What's with the hardon for FSU?

A combination of three things:

1. Closing out 2011 with 7 wins in 8 games.
2. Strong recruiting classes over the past couple of years.
3. Easy schedule (FCS Murray St. and FCS Savannah St. at home)

-----

4. Bobby Bowden is a hell of a coach (so long as kicking isn't
involved).

--Tedward

Kyle T. Jones

Aug 2, 2012, 2:03:34 PM8/2/12
If they forget the previous season and pre-rank them top 10 year after
year, they're bound to be right eventually!

Cheers.

--
Too bad. Read the manual. If this stuff were easy
we would not get the big bucks. -- Michael Press, June 1st 2012

unclejr

Aug 2, 2012, 2:16:45 PM8/2/12
Hmmm... USC hasn't had a coach take part in this poll for over a decade. I'm glad CLK is participating.

-Junior

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger

Aug 2, 2012, 2:33:44 PM8/2/12
On Aug 2, 11:46 am, unclejr <wats...@kenyon.edu> wrote:

> (What, only five SEC teams?)
>
> -Junior

Oh, you're counting Georgia...

Message has been deleted

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 2, 2012, 3:27:33 PM8/2/12
On Thu, 2 Aug 2012 09:46:17 -0700 (PDT), unclejr <wat...@kenyon.edu>
wrote:
Bama lost too many first round draft picks and they don't have a
backup QB. So #2 seems a bit high for the beginning - maybe at the
end.

Hugh

Kyle T. Jones

Aug 2, 2012, 3:47:31 PM8/2/12
One nice thing is that teh loss to Michigan will come early.

darkst...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2012, 4:17:19 PM8/2/12
Only? But it basically shows where the real power in college football is...

If the rest of the country doesn't start getting to it, the BCS might be obsoleted because the SEC Champion may well be the national champion by acclamation/default.

As for the top three... That's pretty much your season right there. Definitely, past #5, there's really no point.

And all five of those teams are "in the family"...

Mike

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 2, 2012, 5:12:48 PM8/2/12
I don't know how to spell "thankful", but if I could I would be.

Hugh

Matthew Hennig

Aug 2, 2012, 7:14:34 PM8/2/12
unclejr <wat...@kenyon.edu> wrote in news:8559e225-8bdf-4586-b04f-
cd0197...@googlegroups.com:
Where's Noter Dame?

MH

--
Ten of Spades
Aggee Fedayeen Chief

"We just got outplayed today. That's the bottom line. And we got
outcoached."
- OU Head Coach Bob Stoops following the Texas A&M game, Nov 9, 2002

Antonio Veranos

Aug 2, 2012, 8:18:42 PM8/2/12
[unclejr, wat...@kenyon.edu]
[Thu, 2 Aug 2012 09:46:17 -0700 (PDT)]

:
: Leaked:
Pre-Season Rankings are so stupid, they ought to be disincluded from any
"official" system used to determine anything at all whatsoever.

Kyle T. Jones

Aug 2, 2012, 8:27:47 PM8/2/12
Boy, 6-10 are all over-ranked, and it isn't because there aren't
deserving teams right behind - this isn't one of those "well, we had to
rank *someone* 6-10 years".

Michigan should be the third-ranked team in the Big Ten, behind MSU and
Wisky (in that order). MSU woke up for the last ten minutes against
Georgia and it was enough to put the game into OT and take the eventual
win - Georgia sucks. They @#$%ing suck. Bad.

In fact, maybe I should be thankful - I suspect Michigan is inflated for
the same reason as S. Carolina, Georgia, and Arkansas - so LSU and
Alabama have someone, anyone, other than each other to point to and say
"hey, those are quality wins <guffaw>".
Message has been deleted

darkst...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2012, 9:15:42 PM8/2/12
On Thursday, August 2, 2012 6:08:35 PM UTC-7, Ctrl�/Alt�/Del�© wrote:

> That's the thing, Kyle. There really aren't any other teams in the nation
> that could be considered quality teams on the same level as Alabama and
> LSU. My goodness, who could Alabama put on their schedule OOC that would
> be tougher than the somewhat okay teams like Arkie and South Carolina and
> Georgia?

The thing is, the only reason USC is getting so much love this year is that SOMEBODY has to try to break the seven in a row...

Mike

Kyle T. Jones

Aug 2, 2012, 10:07:44 PM8/2/12
The thing is, USC better not stumble or we're looking at 11-1 LSU VS
10-2 Alabama - and I'll have another free evening to watch something
meaningful in early January.

This all sorts itself out in two years, though. Amazing that you can't
see what a hole that punches into your conspiracy rants.
Message has been deleted

Dennis J

Aug 3, 2012, 1:03:59 PM8/3/12
On Thu, 2 Aug 2012 09:54:09 -0700 (PDT), unclejr <wat...@kenyon.edu>
wrote:
Only 4 from the big ten?
--

"The omnipotence of clairvoyance is dreadfully dualistic in its agnosticism" MISC Quote
"Education is the progressive discovery of our own Ignorance" Will Durant

Dennis J

Aug 3, 2012, 1:07:05 PM8/3/12
On Thu, 2 Aug 2012 23:14:34 +0000 (UTC), Matthew Hennig
<ma...@aggies.No_JuNk.com> wrote:

>unclejr <wat...@kenyon.edu> wrote in news:8559e225-8bdf-4586-b04f-
>cd0197...@googlegroups.com:
>
>> Leaked:
>>
>> https://twitter.com/joeyrkaufman/status/231058123262148608
>>
>> 1. LSU
>> 2. Alabama
>> 3. USC
>> 4. Oklahoma
>> 5. Oregon
>> 6. Georgia
>> 7. Florida State
>> 8. Michigan
>> 9. South Carolina
>> 10. Arkansas
>>
>> (What, only five SEC teams?)
>
>Where's Noter Dame?
>
>MH

South bend... It Keeps Michigan from floating away...

Seapig

Aug 3, 2012, 3:22:57 PM8/3/12
I don't see how #3 is relevant. If they're ranking teams according to
how many games they think they're going to win, Boise State should be
higher every year.