Rice - what's not to like?

Jonathan Jones

Mar 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/11/96
I've come to the conclusion that Riceys are OK.

- The students aren't stuck-up assholes (cf. THE University)
- They aren't insecure or paranoid (A&M)
- They're wise Owls (Tech)
- They aren't snobbish rich kids (SMU)
- They've discovered the Internet (TCU, Baylor)
- They're a college (UH)

Sincerely,
Jon J.
A&M '97

(the spawning of any love-fest as a result of this article will be entirely
inadvertent; surely the more than 100,000 students at the colleges I've
slammed will have more to say than the 2,500 or so at Rice)

David C. Tuttle

Mar 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/12/96
jjo...@twri.tamu.edu (Jonathan Jones) wrote:

> I've come to the conclusion that Riceys are OK.
>
> - The students aren't stuck-up assholes (cf. THE University)
> - They aren't insecure or paranoid (A&M)
> - They're wise Owls (Tech)
> - They aren't snobbish rich kids (SMU)
> - They've discovered the Internet (TCU, Baylor)
> - They're a college (UH)

You know, when the man's right, the man's right.

Though I guess it all depends on what happened the last time you played
us in our stadium. Some schools have fonder memories of it than others.

--
David C. Tuttle, Biomathematics -----> d...@odin.mdacc.tmc.edu <-----
The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center +1 (713) 792-2606

Glenn A Tanner

Mar 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/12/96
In article <4hvruq$9...@news.tamu.edu>,

Jonathan Jones <jjo...@twri.tamu.edu> wrote:
>I've come to the conclusion that Riceys are OK.
>
> - They aren't snobbish rich kids (SMU)

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

GT

alf

Mar 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/12/96

I was wondering if anyone has heard of Gary W. Tondre Jr. I have heard
that he is playing college sports. If you have any information on him,
please e-mail me back. I would really appreicate it.

Thank you,
Melissa

Chris Bellomy

Mar 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/13/96
Glenn A Tanner (tan...@Hawaii.Edu) writes:
: In article <4hvruq$9...@news.tamu.edu>,

: Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

What?

--Chris
(is there a problem?)

Craig K. Gowens (Commissioner of the SWC in '97)

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96

SMU = Southern Millionaires' University

Craig K. Gowens
Hook'em Horns

ckgo...@mail.utexas.edu

Big 12 Baseball page: http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~ckgowens/baseball/big12.html
Texas Baseball page: http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~ckgowens/baseball/texas.html
Baseball Scores page: http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~ckgowens/baseball/scores.html

The University of Texas
Perpetual Southwest Conference Football Champions
Perpetual Southwest Conference Volleyball Champions
NCAA National Runnerups!!!
Perpetual Southwest Conference Women's Basketball Champions

tan...@hawaii.edu

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
cbel...@other.globallink.net (Chris Bellomy) wrote:
>Glenn A Tanner (tan...@Hawaii.Edu) writes:
>: In article <4hvruq$9...@news.tamu.edu>,
>: Jonathan Jones <jjo...@twri.tamu.edu> wrote:
>: >I've come to the conclusion that Riceys are OK.
>: >
>: > - They aren't snobbish rich kids (SMU)
>
>: Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>What?
>
>--Chris
> (is there a problem?)

No, I just felt that I should offer a rebuttal, and that was the best one
that I could come up with on the subject.

GT

(Every time I try to post this, I get an error that says "More included
text than new text" so I guess I'll have to conclude this by saying
"ahdsjkhdhsjdajdklaj sjhl 8uej djed hel ejd ldjed 8edoejjdwkl lkjed j
ljedl ljdwlejd8wedoj ewld edjewdwe8u8e e w;oeokk ;; mwld ;dk de."

Dustin R. Christmann

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
Chris Bellomy wrote:

> Dirtbag (tan...@Hawaii.Edu) writes:
> : In article <4hvruq$9...@news.tamu.edu>,
> : Jonathan Jones <jjo...@twri.tamu.edu> wrote:
> : > - They aren't snobbish rich kids (SMU)
> : Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!
> What?
>
> --Chris
> (is there a problem?)

Really. I live right across Central Expressway from Smoo, and if I am
forced to dodge one more Buffy in a convertable, or a Beemer, or a Jeep,
or another vehicle that screams "I am a walking stereotype," all in a
seemingly futile effort to keep my car in one piece, I _WILL_ take
advantage of the new Concealed Carry Law and I _WILL_ carry a BIG piece
in the glovebox.

Thanx,
Dustin "Damn bowheads" Christmann