NLCS

Jay Furr

Oct 16, 2007, 12:57:50 AM10/16/07
I'm thinking that the NLCS wouldn't be getting historically low ratings on
TV if they didn't make us stay up until 2 am to watch it. Having two
western small market teams doesn't help, I guess, but still.

--
"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no
god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

"There's hits in chicken." -- Wade Boggs

Anthony Summers

Oct 16, 2007, 1:15:37 AM10/16/07
On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 04:57:50 -0000, Jay Furr wrote...

> I'm thinking that the NLCS wouldn't be getting historically low ratings on
> TV if they didn't make us stay up until 2 am to watch it. Having two
> western small market teams doesn't help, I guess, but still.

No doubt; I love baseball, any baseball, but I'm having trouble staying
awake to watch these things to completion.

--
A. Summers || summerstorm0007-->at<--yahoo.com

Va Beach Hokie

Oct 16, 2007, 1:42:11 AM10/16/07
On Oct 16, 1:15 am, Anthony Summers <summerstorm0...@yah00.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 04:57:50 -0000, Jay Furr wrote...
> > I'm thinking that the NLCS wouldn't be getting historically low ratings on
> > TV if they didn't make us stay up until 2 am to watch it. Having two
> > western small market teams doesn't help, I guess, but still.
>
> No doubt; I love baseball, any baseball, but I'm having trouble staying
> awake to watch these things to completion.

There is that.

And I thank the baseball gawds that the ALCS is on Fox and not the
TBS.

Dave Reid

Oct 16, 2007, 11:51:38 AM10/16/07
Va Beach Hokie <wjl...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> And I thank the baseball gawds that the ALCS is on Fox and not the
> TBS.

So you're happy to be getting Joe Buck and Tim McCarver? Did you hit
your head this morning or something?

dave

Va Beach Hokie

Oct 16, 2007, 12:05:52 PM10/16/07
On Oct 16, 11:51 am, Dave Reid <ddr...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Va Beach Hokie <wjlm...@yahoo.com> wrote innews:1192513331.3...@v23g2000prn.googlegroups.com:
>
> > And I thank the baseball gawds that the ALCS is on Fox and not the
> > TBS.
>
> So you're happy to be getting Joe Buck and Tim McCarver? Did you hit
> your head this morning or something?

As bad as Buck/McCarver may be (and I don't think he's all that bad),
Chip Caray is the pinnacle of suck. If a broadcaster purposed in his
mind to suck, chemically enhanced his suck, and did suck training for
a decade, he would barely reach suck base camp on the Everest of Caray
suck.

Anthony Summers

Oct 16, 2007, 12:50:05 PM10/16/07
On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:05:52 -0700, Va Beach Hokie wrote...

So you don't like Chip Caray much, then?

Va Beach Hokie

Oct 16, 2007, 2:46:19 PM10/16/07
On Oct 16, 12:50 pm, Anthony Summers <summerstorm0...@yah00.com>
wrote:

Well, as you can plainly see I do try to keep an open mind. He's no
Joe Morgan, that's for sure.

Jay Furr

Oct 16, 2007, 5:33:23 PM10/16/07
Va Beach Hokie <wjl...@yahoo.com> wrote in

He's better when he's doing the NL. He knows absolutely nothing about the
AL and was constantly wrong during the AL games he worked.

Trent Woodruff

Oct 16, 2007, 8:26:25 PM10/16/07
>On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:46:19 -0700, Va Beach Hokie <wjl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>On Oct 16, 12:50 pm, Anthony Summers <summerstorm0...@yah00.com>

>> So you don't like Chip Caray much, then?

>Well, as you can plainly see I do try to keep an open mind. He's no
>Joe Morgan, that's for sure.

Now I LIKE it when Joe Morgan and Jim Miller (I think that's his name)
work games together.

...I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When
you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I
dismiss yours.
- Stephen Roberts

Va Beach Hokie

Oct 16, 2007, 8:52:58 PM10/16/07
On Oct 16, 8:26 pm, Trent Woodruff <afreti...@charter.net> wrote:

> >On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:46:19 -0700, Va Beach Hokie <wjlm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>On Oct 16, 12:50 pm, Anthony Summers <summerstorm0...@yah00.com>
> >> So you don't like Chip Caray much, then?
> >Well, as you can plainly see I do try to keep an open mind. He's no
> >Joe Morgan, that's for sure.
>
> Now I LIKE it when Joe Morgan and Jim Miller (I think that's his name)
> work games together.

Johnny Miller, maybe.

If you like Morgan though, you're just a sick, sick rsfcker.

Archie Leach

Oct 16, 2007, 9:05:36 PM10/16/07
Va Beach Hokie <wjl...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Jon Miller has a great voice and a good historical sense for the game.
Too bad he's been stuck with Cap'n Morgan all these years.