I need Stat Help Stat

Pauli G

Mar 16, 2009, 8:37:14 PM3/16/09
Could someone break this down into plain English for me? I know in
general about Markov Chains, but what are these various other settings
for, and how should they be used? (ie. standard, seed, underdog,
upset, useed, bonus, limit).

http://www.poologic.com/poolcalc.htm

c. hoequist

Mar 16, 2009, 9:34:59 PM3/16/09
Pauli G schrieb:

Where's the Markov chain stuff? It doesn't seem to be at that direct
link, and poologic.com index page doesn't show it either.

-ch
only works if you have Markov whips to go with it

Pauli G

Mar 16, 2009, 10:24:53 PM3/16/09

It's here

http://www2.isye.gatech.edu/~jsokol/lrmc/about_lrmc.html

but there are LRMC options on pooh logic too.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Mar 17, 2009, 6:29:36 PM3/17/09
Disculpa Senora Pauli G, pero did you really mime the following on
3/16/2009 10:24 PM???

Not sure about poologic, but the basic LRMC model only uses location and
score of all games. I'm pretty sure these are used with a logistic
regression (LR) model to come up with the probabilities for the
transition matrix used by the Markov Chain (MC).

--
I'm so hip I have trouble seeing over my pelvis.
I'm so cool you can keep a side of meat in me for months.