Why is CBS making a TV show about Tony Kornheiser?

Vijay Ramanujan

Nov 21, 2003, 9:56:25 AM11/21/03
No, this isn't a joke.

Vijay R.

Buck the Trend

Nov 21, 2003, 10:25:27 AM11/21/03
Good question. the guy is a whiney orange douchbag.

Jim Bush

Nov 21, 2003, 10:28:59 AM11/21/03
I asked Bobby Dylan, I asked the Beatles, I asked vij...@cybernex.net
(Vijay Ramanujan), but he couldn't help me either:

>No, this isn't a joke.
>
>Vijay R.

Starring Jason Alexander, no less.

CBS is trying to nail down that "people who like shows about whiny
sportswriters" demographic. Slot it in after "Raymond" and it will do
just fine.

That and the fact that they're completely out of other ideas.

Jim B.

J.

Nov 21, 2003, 11:41:30 AM11/21/03
On 21 Nov 2003 06:56:25 -0800, vij...@cybernex.net (Vijay Ramanujan)
wrote:

>No, this isn't a joke.

Good, cuz I don't get it. Has Tony done something that I'm not aware
of? What's wrong with just watching the show that he's on? Is Al
Roker playing Wilbon?

J.
-
Salad is Murder
"The hitman had already been hired; camouflaged as a
disregarded red light, faulty wiring, caramelized
animal fat." -- Tibor Fischer

Jim Bush

Nov 21, 2003, 12:07:22 PM11/21/03
I asked Bobby Dylan, I asked the Beatles, I asked
jnaf...@no.woh.spam.rr.com (J.), but he couldn't help me either:

>On 21 Nov 2003 06:56:25 -0800, vij...@cybernex.net (Vijay Ramanujan)
>wrote:
>
>>No, this isn't a joke.
>
>Good, cuz I don't get it. Has Tony done something that I'm not aware
>of? What's wrong with just watching the show that he's on? Is Al
>Roker playing Wilbon?
>
>J.
>-

If you're really interested, go find Tony's book "I'm Back for More
Cash", which is a compilation of humor/lifestyle/family columns he
used to write for the Washington Post before PTI got started. The
show is supposed to be based on that, plus some sports stuff.

It's a feel-good comedy for the whole family. And more money for Mr.
Tony.

Jim B.

sw...@yahoo.com

Nov 21, 2003, 2:56:16 PM11/21/03
wrote:

>No, this isn't a joke.
>
>Vijay R.

They need to replace Becker.

Joshua

Nov 21, 2003, 3:29:23 PM11/21/03

Ah, like "Dave's World" was based on "Dave Barry Turns 40"?