Michagan takes it in the shorts!!!

Deke Arndt

Jan 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/25/98

Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
in the Super Bowl 32.

The state of Michagan choked in the end.

Deke

Erik Bell

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Deke Arndt wrote in message <34CBFC...@ou.edu>...

Michigan has a pro team?

Erik

Michael L Kankiewic

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98
to Erik Bell

Ever hear of the Detroit Lions?

MK

Daryl D. Spillmann

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Michael L Kankiewic wrote:

Nope. Is that anything like a Detroit Tiger?

--
-------------------------
Daryl D. Spillmann

Paul Banik

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Deke Arndt wrote:

> Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
> to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
> in the Super Bowl 32.
>
> The state of Michagan choked in the end.
>
> Deke

I'm assuming you're referring to the fact Green Bay is in Big 10/11
territory, while Denver is in Big 12 territory. Michigan's team is the
Lions. If you want to crow, talk to the Wisconsin fans. Colorado's pro
team is the Broncos.

Paul

Greg E. Clevenger

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Deke Arndt wrote:

> Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
> to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
> in the Super Bowl 32.
>
> The state of Michagan choked in the end.
>
> Deke

Are you saying that Green Bay is in Michigan? You need to look at a
map!

Greg

Deke Arndt

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Michael L Kankiewic wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Erik Bell wrote:
> >
> > Deke Arndt wrote in message <34CBFC...@ou.edu>...
> > >Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
> > >to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
> > >in the Super Bowl 32.
> > >
> > >The state of Michagan choked in the end.
> > >
> > >Deke
> >
> > Michigan has a pro team?
> >
> > Erik
> >

> Ever hear of the Detroit Lions?

And the Green Bay Packers. Man, what an idot.

Deke

Mike Dahmus

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

In <34CCDD...@flash.net>, "Greg E. Clevenger" <gre...@flash.net> writes:

>Deke Arndt wrote:
>>
>> Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
>> to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
>> in the Super Bowl 32.
>>
>> The state of Michagan choked in the end.
>>
>> Deke
>

>Are you saying that Green Bay is in Michigan? You need to look at a
>map!

You have too forgive Deke. H'es from South Moore which is a trailer park in
Northern Texas somewhere. I do'nt think they have any recent atlii their.

---
Mike Dahmus http://www.io.com/~mdahmus/
Java for OS/2 Development Disclaimer: Not an official IBM spokesman

Randolph M. Jones

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Greg E. Clevenger wrote:

> Deke Arndt wrote:
> >
> > Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
> > to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
> > in the Super Bowl 32.
> >
> > The state of Michagan choked in the end.
> >
> > Deke
>
> Are you saying that Green Bay is in Michigan? You need to look at a
> map!

Look who's talking! It's sitting right there on Lake Michigan!
The bay itself is *in* Lake Michigan!

Sheesh...

Jon Russell

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> wrote:

>Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
>to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
>in the Super Bowl 32.

>The state of Michagan choked in the end.

Hanta Yo and several dollars to you.

Jon Russell

Chicago 86
Minnesotans for Nebraska tCoV (TM)

Just say NO to playoffs

Deke Arndt

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Greg E. Clevenger wrote:

> Deke Arndt wrote:
> >
> > Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
> > to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
> > in the Super Bowl 32.
> >
> > The state of Michagan choked in the end.
> >
> > Deke
>
> Are you saying that Green Bay is in Michigan? You need to look at a
> map!
>
> Greg

From my encyclopedia (sp?):

"Green Bay, on the shores of Lake Michigan, is one of the
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
nation's foremost paking and shipping ports."

Your looking pretty dumb. Would you like for me to prove anything
else?

Deke

John Stone

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

John Stone

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Randolph M. Jones wrote:

> Greg E. Clevenger wrote:
> >
> > Deke Arndt wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
> > > to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
> > > in the Super Bowl 32.
> > >
> > > The state of Michagan choked in the end.
> > >
> > > Deke
> >
> > Are you saying that Green Bay is in Michigan? You need to look at a
> > map!

Scott Harper

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

In article <34CCCF...@pilot.msu.edu>, John Stone <sto...@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:

>Deke Arndt wrote:
>>
>> Greg E. Clevenger wrote:

>> > Are you saying that Green Bay is in Michigan? You need to look at a
>> > map!
>> >
>> > Greg
>>
>> From my encyclopedia (sp?):
>>
>> "Green Bay, on the shores of Lake Michigan, is one of the
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> nation's foremost paking and shipping ports."
>>
>> Your looking pretty dumb. Would you like for me to prove anything
>> else?
>>
>> Deke

Good comeback.

harp
austin,tx

Scott Harper

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

In article <34CCCF...@pilot.msu.edu>, John Stone <sto...@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:
>Randolph M. Jones wrote:
>>
>> Greg E. Clevenger wrote:

>> > Are you saying that Green Bay is in Michigan? You need to look at a
>> > map!
>>
>> Look who's talking! It's sitting right there on Lake Michigan!
>> The bay itself is *in* Lake Michigan!
>>
>> Sheesh...

Good comeback.

harp
austin,tx

John Andrew Rehling

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

From: Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu>
[...]

> > The state of Michagan choked in the end.
[...]

> From my encyclopedia (sp?):
>
> "Green Bay, on the shores of Lake Michigan, is one of the
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>nation's foremost paking and shipping ports."

That should clear it up right there. Paking is illegal in
Michigan, but still legal in Wisconsin.

Other fun facts: the Ohio River is not in Ohio. The Kansas
City Chiefs are in Missouri. What a troublingly complex world.
-JAR
--
Costumes by Edith Head

Philip Delaquess

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

"Erik Bell" <erik...@NOSPAMemail.msn.com> writes:

> Deke Arndt wrote in message <34CBFC...@ou.edu>...

> >Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
> >to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
> >in the Super Bowl 32.
> >

> >The state of Michagan choked in the end.
> >

> >Deke
>
> Michigan has a pro team?
>
> Erik

You guys must have both been getting high in the can during geography
class. Deke, the city of Green Bay is located in the state of
Wisconsin. No pro team from Michigan got its butt kicked in SB 32,
although one DID get its butt kicked in the wildcard round of the
playoffs. Erik, the city of Detroit.... oh, you were probably
joking. Never mind.

Go Whackers

--
WORK: Philip Delaquess | PLAY: Author of Mondfarilo,
Software Development | the World Making Tool

Geoffrey I. Schwartz

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98
ok....deke....get a new fucking map....or get of the drugs or
something....why do u think they call them the cheeseheads.....wisconsin
is famous for its cheese.....if they were from michigan they would be
like the motorheads or something....but either way...its GB
wisconsin...Michigan goes around lake michigan, but wisconson touches it
also how many states touch the gulf of mexico? but is called the gulf of
florida, missisipi, louisianna, alabama, and texas? thank you and
goodnight
geoff

Greg E. Clevenger wrote:

> Deke Arndt wrote:
> >
> > Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
> > to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
> > in the Super Bowl 32.
> >
> > The state of Michagan choked in the end.
> >
> > Deke
>

> Are you saying that Green Bay is in Michigan? You need to look at a
> map!
>

> Greg

vcard.vcf

Jon Enslin

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Deke Arndt wrote:

> Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
> to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
> in the Super Bowl 32.
>
> The state of Michagan choked in the end.

Stop it!

Jon (I'm now crying...)
--

Jon Enslin
UW-Whitewater Foundation, Inc.

ens...@uwwvax.uww.edu

Mike Dahmus

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

In <34CCCA...@ou.edu>, Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:

>Greg E. Clevenger wrote:
>>
>> Deke Arndt wrote:
>> >
>> > Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
>> > to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
>> > in the Super Bowl 32.
>> >
>> > The state of Michagan choked in the end.
>> >
>> > Deke
>>
>> Are you saying that Green Bay is in Michigan? You need to look at a
>> map!
>>
>> Greg
>
>From my encyclopedia (sp?):
>
> "Green Bay, on the shores of Lake Michigan, is one of the
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>nation's foremost paking and shipping ports."
>
>Your looking pretty dumb. Would you like for me to prove anything
>else?

Wha'ts the weather like their?

Gary McManus

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Daryl D. Spillmann wrote:

> Michael L Kankiewic wrote:

> > > Michigan has a pro team?
> > >
> > > Erik
> > >

> > Ever hear of the Detroit Lions?
> >
> > MK
>
> Nope. Is that anything like a Detroit Tiger?

No, but I once saw a bloody bear kill a detroit tiger. PBS rules.

Gary McManus

Justin Greenfield

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

In article <6ailis$5...@degu.cs.indiana.edu>, reh...@cs.indiana.edu
says...

> From: Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu>
> [...]
> > > The state of Michagan choked in the end.
> [...]

> > From my encyclopedia (sp?):
> >
> > "Green Bay, on the shores of Lake Michigan, is one of the
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >nation's foremost paking and shipping ports."
>
> That should clear it up right there. Paking is illegal in
> Michigan, but still legal in Wisconsin.
>
> Other fun facts: the Ohio River is not in Ohio. The Kansas
> City Chiefs are in Missouri. What a troublingly complex world.
> -JAR

you're facts might be fun but they are incorrect. you might want to at
least pick up a geology book before you post. i have the randy mc'nalley
altlus cd rom, i know a lot about the usa.

justin g.

Deke Arndt

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Philip Delaquess wrote:

> "Erik Bell" <erik...@NOSPAMemail.msn.com> writes:
>
> > Deke Arndt wrote in message <34CBFC...@ou.edu>...
> > >Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
> > >to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
> > >in the Super Bowl 32.
> > >
> > >The state of Michagan choked in the end.
> > >
> > >Deke
> >
> > Michigan has a pro team?
> >
> > Erik
>
> You guys must have both been getting high in the can during geography
> class. Deke, the city of Green Bay is located in the state of
> Wisconsin. No pro team from Michigan got its butt kicked in SB 32,
> although one DID get its butt kicked in the wildcard round of the
> playoffs. Erik, the city of Detroit.... oh, you were probably
> joking. Never mind.

No, your thinking of Wisconson because they used to play some of
there games in Milwaukee. Why the did this, I have no idea.

Boomer Sooner,
Deke

Deke Arndt

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

John Andrew Rehling wrote:

> From: Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu>
> [...]
> > > The state of Michagan choked in the end.
> [...]
> > From my encyclopedia (sp?):
> >
> > "Green Bay, on the shores of Lake Michigan, is one of the
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >nation's foremost paking and shipping ports."
>
> That should clear it up right there. Paking is illegal in
> Michigan, but still legal in Wisconsin.

It is called a type-o. It does'nt change the FACTS.

Boomer Sooner,
Deke

Randolph M. Jones

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

I don't care WHAT your blood type is, I still don't know what the
hell "paking" is.

Justin Greenfield

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

In article <34CCED64...@mail.usask.ca>, ppb...@mail.usask.ca
says...

> Justin Greenfield wrote:
> >
> > you're facts might be fun but they are incorrect. you might want to at
> > least pick up a geology book before you post. i have the randy mc'nalley
> > altlus cd rom, i know a lot about the usa.
> >
> > justin g.
>
> Nice troll, Justin. It's geography, not geology (which is the study of
> rocks I think), and the Chiefs do play in Missouri. Check any NFL
> publication or buy the ESPN or SI Sports Almanac for 1998.

look dude i have the travel channel and i now a lot about geology (it is
geology not geography-that is about maps).

im not falling for you're bait.

justin g.

Gary McManus

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Paul Banik wrote:

> Gary McManus wrote:
> >
> > John Andrew Rehling wrote:
> > >
> > > Other fun facts: the Ohio River is not in Ohio. The Kansas
> > > City Chiefs are in Missouri. What a troublingly complex world.
> >
> > What??? What are you smoking??? Kansas City is in Kansas. Let me go
> > r-e-a-l slowly for you. "K A N S A S" ..... "K A N S A S C I T
> > Y"...are you seeing a pattern hear? Kansas is just north of us in
> > Oklahoma, so keep your Yankee opinions to yourself.
> >
> > Gary McManus
>
> Actually Gary the NFL and MLB team play in Missouri. There are two
> Kansas City cities that I'm aware of. The larger populated one is in
> Missouri, while the other one is in Kansas. I don't think you're
> trolling...so I felt I should point this out to you in case you're
> actually serious.

I just looked it up on a map. It says "Kansas City" right there in the
Northeast part of Kansas. KANSAS. I don't think Missouri has any
Major League teams. They have the University of Missouri teams, who we
Sooner fans KNOW are paid (ha ha). BTW, the University of Missouri is
in Columbus, so maybe that's what you were thinking of.

Gary McManus

Paul Banik

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Gary McManus wrote:

> Paul Banik wrote:
> >

> > Deke, you have hung the bait on the line long enough, and you have
> > reeled more than your share in. Isn't it time to use fresh bait? This
> > bait is getting stale.
> >

> That's what you get when you are from Alaska and you try to talk pro
> football. Shouldn't you be building some iglues or something?
>
> Gary McManus

Gary, not you too? If you haven't figured it out, usask.ca isn't Alaska.
If I was from Alaska, wouldn't the extension be something like alask.edu
or something like that? Figure it out. I will give you a hint. There is
this country that is directly north of the US, and I live there and it
has .ca as its Internet country code. Can you guess which country I'm
thinking of? Hint...Doug Flutie and Warren Moon played in the pro
football league in this country. This country makes some pretty good
beer too.

John Crispo Kelley Edwards

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

In article <34CCF553...@mail.usask.ca>,
Paul Banik <ppb...@mail.usask.ca> wrote:

>has .ca as its Internet country code. Can you guess which country I'm

>thinking of? ... This country makes some pretty good beer too.

O.K. So you're posting from Germany.

John
--
John Edwards - umed...@cc.umanitoba.ca - http://www.islandnet.com/~jedwards
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people - Mr. Garrison

Daryl D. Spillmann

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Gary McManus wrote:

> Daryl D. Spillmann wrote:
> >
> > Michael L Kankiewic wrote:

> > > Ever hear of the Detroit Lions?
> > >
> > > MK
> >
> > Nope. Is that anything like a Detroit Tiger?
>
> No, but I once saw a bloody bear kill a detroit tiger. PBS rules.
>
> Gary McManus

Dood,

Discovery Channel>>>>>Anything on PBS

--
-------------------------
Daryl D. Spillmann

Daryl D. Spillmann

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Michael L Kankiewic wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Erik Bell wrote:
> >
> > Deke Arndt wrote in message <34CBFC...@ou.edu>...
> > >Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
> > >to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
> > >in the Super Bowl 32.
> > >
> > >The state of Michagan choked in the end.
> > >
> > >Deke
> >
> > Michigan has a pro team?
> >
> > Erik
> >

> Ever hear of the Detroit Lions?
>
> MK

Ever hear of earthworms?

Daryl D. Spillmann

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

John Andrew Rehling wrote:

> That should clear it up right there. Paking is illegal in
> Michigan, but still legal in Wisconsin.
>

> -JAR
> --
> Costumes by Edith Head

This weekend I was forced to watch The Daily Show. They did a bit on
from San Diego on the Super Bowl with some chick pseudo-reporter
comedienne. I got a chuckle when she started asking some of the Green
Bay players if there were any "packers" on the Packers, and the
responding non-answers.

Daryl D. Spillmann

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Gary McManus wrote:

> John Andrew Rehling wrote:
> >
> > From: Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu>
> > [...]

> > [...]
> > > From my encyclopedia (sp?):
> > >
> > > "Green Bay, on the shores of Lake Michigan, is one of the
> > > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > >nation's foremost paking and shipping ports."
> >

> > That should clear it up right there. Paking is illegal in
> > Michigan, but still legal in Wisconsin.
> >

> > Other fun facts: the Ohio River is not in Ohio. The Kansas
> > City Chiefs are in Missouri. What a troublingly complex world.
>
> What??? What are you smoking??? Kansas City is in Kansas. Let me go
> r-e-a-l slowly for you. "K A N S A S" ..... "K A N S A S C I T
> Y"...are you seeing a pattern hear? Kansas is just north of us in
> Oklahoma, so keep your Yankee opinions to yourself.
>
> Gary McManus

stoopid okie metarlogist. u probly think okrahoma city is in oklhoma,
two. u look reel dumn rite know.

Jim Andrews

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Gary McManus wrote:

> Paul Banik wrote:
> >
> > Gary McManus wrote:

> > > What??? What are you smoking??? Kansas City is in Kansas. Let me go
> > > r-e-a-l slowly for you. "K A N S A S" ..... "K A N S A S C I T
> > > Y"...are you seeing a pattern hear? Kansas is just north of us in
> > > Oklahoma, so keep your Yankee opinions to yourself.
> > >
> > > Gary McManus
> >
> > Actually Gary the NFL and MLB team play in Missouri. There are two
> > Kansas City cities that I'm aware of. The larger populated one is in
> > Missouri, while the other one is in Kansas. I don't think you're
> > trolling...so I felt I should point this out to you in case you're
> > actually serious.
>
> I just looked it up on a map. It says "Kansas City" right there in the
> Northeast part of Kansas. KANSAS. I don't think Missouri has any
> Major League teams. They have the University of Missouri teams, who we
> Sooner fans KNOW are paid (ha ha). BTW, the University of Missouri is
> in Columbus, so maybe that's what you were thinking of.

Screw you, McManus. The University of Missouri Fightin' Tigers
are NOT paid you stupid okie. They're amtuer just like you guys.
I'm from Missouri, I definitely know what I'm talking about. And
we also have major leauge teams, too. Haven't you heard of the
St. Louis Cardinals? We may be a long way from Kansas, but we've
got baseball AND football. I don't know what about Kansas, though.
There's some dog there, and tornads.

jim andrews

Paul Banik

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Justin Greenfield wrote:

> and also it is "cheifs" not "chiefs".
>
> remember the rule "i before e accept after c". that is standard first
> grade grammer. please check you're spelling before you post.
>
> justin g.

Huh? That's what what he was doing? It is spelled Chiefs, not Cheifs> If
it is "i before e except after c", then he spelled the nickname
correctly. Go to the NFL website at http://www.nfl.com and check the
spelling for yourself.

Gary McManus

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Daryl D. Spillmann wrote:

> Gary McManus wrote:
>
> > Daryl D. Spillmann wrote:

> > > Nope. Is that anything like a Detroit Tiger?
> >
> > No, but I once saw a bloody bear kill a detroit tiger. PBS rules.
> >
> > Gary McManus
>
> Dood,
>
> Discovery Channel>>>>>Anything on PBS

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! You moran!!! PBS = Government Funded >>>>>>>>
Discovery channel = idot channel

Gary McManus

Gary McManus

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Paul Banik wrote:

> Gary McManus wrote:
> >
> > Paul Banik wrote:
> > >

> > > Deke, you have hung the bait on the line long enough, and you have
> > > reeled more than your share in. Isn't it time to use fresh bait? This
> > > bait is getting stale.
> > >

> > That's what you get when you are from Alaska and you try to talk pro
> > football. Shouldn't you be building some iglues or something?
> >
> > Gary McManus
>
> Gary, not you too? If you haven't figured it out, usask.ca isn't Alaska.
> If I was from Alaska, wouldn't the extension be something like alask.edu
> or something like that? Figure it out. I will give you a hint. There is
> this country that is directly north of the US, and I live there and it
> has .ca as its Internet country code. Can you guess which country I'm
> thinking of? Hint...Doug Flutie and Warren Moon played in the pro
> football league in this country.

HAHAHA!!! Now I know your smoking something. Doug Flutie and Warren
Moon don't play football in this country. They play in Canada.

Nice try. I bet you're fishing about the not being in Alaska stuff
too.

Gary McManus

Gary McManus

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Jim Andrews wrote:

> Gary McManus wrote:
> >
> > Paul Banik wrote:

> > > Actually Gary the NFL and MLB team play in Missouri. There are two
> > > Kansas City cities that I'm aware of. The larger populated one is in
> > > Missouri, while the other one is in Kansas. I don't think you're
> > > trolling...so I felt I should point this out to you in case you're
> > > actually serious.
> >
> > I just looked it up on a map. It says "Kansas City" right there in the
> > Northeast part of Kansas. KANSAS. I don't think Missouri has any
> > Major League teams. They have the University of Missouri teams, who we
> > Sooner fans KNOW are paid (ha ha). BTW, the University of Missouri is
> > in Columbus, so maybe that's what you were thinking of.
>
> Screw you, McManus. The University of Missouri Fightin' Tigers
> are NOT paid you stupid okie. They're amtuer just like you guys.

You just screwd them. Now I KNOW they cheat. Nice to see THAT A GUY
FROM MISSOURI agrees with me about Kansas City though.

Gary McManus

Paul Banik

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Jim Andrews wrote:

> Screw you, McManus. The University of Missouri Fightin' Tigers
> are NOT paid you stupid okie. They're amtuer just like you guys.

Jim, calm down. I think he's trolling and he's looking for fish.

> I'm from Missouri, I definitely know what I'm talking about. And
> we also have major leauge teams, too. Haven't you heard of the
> St. Louis Cardinals? We may be a long way from Kansas, but we've
> got baseball AND football. I don't know what about Kansas, though.
> There's some dog there, and tornads.

Missouri Pro Sports teams that I can think of:
MLB: Kansas City Royals St.Louis Cardinals
NBA:none
MLS: I'm sure St.Louis or KC has a team in this league, but I don't know
the name of the team.
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs St.Louis Rams
NHL: St.Louis Blues

> jim andrews

Paul Banik

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Gary McManus wrote:

> I just looked it up on a map. It says "Kansas City" right there in the > Northeast part of Kansas.

Right. There's also Kansas City, Missouri. I know it's stupid, but maybe
they should change the name to Missouri City, which might be a better
name for the city.

> KANSAS. I don't think Missouri has any > Major League teams.

Missouri does have two major pro sports franchises, the Chiefs and the
Royals...unless you're trolling for fish, in that case, you can stop.

They have the University of Missouri teams, who we > Sooner fans KNOW
are paid (ha ha). BTW, the University of Missouri is > in Columbus, so
maybe that's what you were thinking of.

Nope...btw I thought Oklahoma's big rivalry was with Nebraska and
Oklahoma State. Since when did Mizzou enter into the picture?

Paul

Paul Banik

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Justin Greenfield wrote:

> look dude i have the travel channel and i now a lot about geology (it is > geology not geography-that is about maps).
>
> im not falling for you're bait.
>
> justin g.

Geography is about maps, but what does geology, the study of rocks have
to do with location? If you and Gary are planning a massive fishing
expedition on the USENET newsgroups, at least you use fresh bait? What
is the travel channel by the way? I haven't heard of that one.

Clark W. Griswold

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Justin Greenfield wrote:

> and also it is "cheifs" not "chiefs".
>
> remember the rule "i before e accept after c". that is standard first
>
> grade grammer. please check you're spelling before you post.

Funny, I thought you learnt "grammer" only after you got to the fifth
grade.Then again, I guess your right - I should bow before you're facts
(at least
based upon all the fishing that's going on here...)

In piscatorial faith,
I remain

Clark W. Griswold

> justin g.

Daryl D. Spillmann

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Gary McManus wrote:

> Paul Banik wrote:
> >
> > Gary McManus wrote:

I am impressed. McManus has sucessfully demonstrated his ice-fishing skills.

ur not a fukin cop, ur fukin Bill Dance.

Daryl D. Spillmann

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Gary McManus wrote:

Dood,

PBS=Government Funding=Affirmative action for shitty programming

u look reel dumn rite know.

Daryl D. Spillmann

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Paul Banik wrote:

> Gary McManus wrote:
> >
> > Paul Banik wrote:
> > >

> > > Deke, you have hung the bait on the line long enough, and you have
> > > reeled more than your share in. Isn't it time to use fresh bait? This
> > > bait is getting stale.
> > >

> > That's what you get when you are from Alaska and you try to talk pro
> > football. Shouldn't you be building some iglues or something?
> >
> > Gary McManus
>
> Gary, not you too? If you haven't figured it out, usask.ca isn't Alaska.
> If I was from Alaska, wouldn't the extension be something like alask.edu
> or something like that? Figure it out. I will give you a hint. There is
> this country that is directly north of the US, and I live there and it
> has .ca as its Internet country code. Can you guess which country I'm
> thinking of? Hint...Doug Flutie and Warren Moon played in the pro

> football league in this country. This country makes some pretty good
> beer too.

They make beer and play futbol in Alaska? Wow! I thought all you guys did
was club baby seals over the head, and walk back and forth to Russia across
the Brook Berringer Straits. Just goes to show you, you learn sumpthin new
every day.

Deke Arndt

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Paul Banik wrote:

> Justin Greenfield wrote:
> >

> > look dude i have the travel channel and i now a lot about geology (it is > geology not geography-that is about maps).
> >
> > im not falling for you're bait.
> >
> > justin g.
>
> Geography is about maps, but what does geology, the study of rocks have
> to do with location? If you and Gary are planning a massive fishing
^^^^^^^^^^^^

> expedition on the USENET newsgroups, at least you use fresh bait? What
> is the travel channel by the way? I haven't heard of that one.

There is no justice in this cruel world.

Boomer Sooner,
Deke

Charles Hoequist

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

In article <6aiggd$229g$1...@ausnews.austin.ibm.com>, mNOdah...@austin.ibm.com (Mike Dahmus) writes:
|> In <34CCDD...@flash.net>, "Greg E. Clevenger" <gre...@flash.net> writes:

[...]
|> >Are you saying that Green Bay is in Michigan? You need to look at a
|> >map!
|>
|> You have too forgive Deke. H'es from South Moore which is a trailer park in
|> Northern Texas somewhere. I do'nt think they have any recent atlii their.
|>
|> ---
|> Mike Dahmus http://www.io.com/~mdahmus/
|> Java for OS/2 Development Disclaimer: Not an official IBM spokesman

U beter chek yur sehlves befor sombody knoks all the stuffing off.
The plural of atlas is atlanta.

-c.h.
lookin prety dhum now, are'nt we?

Paul Banik

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

John Crispo Kelley Edwards wrote:

> O.K. So you're posting from Germany.
>
> John
> --

Yeah...that's it.

Justin Greenfield

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

In article <34CCF5FB...@mail.usask.ca>, ppb...@mail.usask.ca
says...

> Justin Greenfield wrote:
> >

> > and also it is "cheifs" not "chiefs".
> >
> > remember the rule "i before e accept after c". that is standard first
> > grade grammer. please check you're spelling before you post.
> >
> > justin g.
>
> Huh? That's what what he was doing? It is spelled Chiefs, not Cheifs> If
> it is "i before e except after c", then he spelled the nickname
> correctly. Go to the NFL website at http://www.nfl.com and check the
> spelling for yourself.

um, have'nt you seen that snickers commercial where that old man is
painting the cheifs end zone and mispells it "chiefs"?

come on!! their mispelling is widely know as the dummest blunder in the
history of the nfl! how can you be this dumb?

justin g.

Gary McManus

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Paul Banik wrote:

> Gary McManus wrote:
> >

> > I just looked it up on a map. It says "Kansas City" right there in the > Northeast part of Kansas.
>
> Right. There's also Kansas City, Missouri. I know it's stupid, but maybe
> they should change the name to Missouri City, which might be a better
> name for the city.

What's all this stuff about me fishing? If I'm wrong, I'd like to know
for sure. But I don't think there would be a Missouri City in Kansas.
I don't think they'll change it.

> > KANSAS. I don't think Missouri has any > Major League teams.
>
> Missouri does have two major pro sports franchises, the Chiefs and the
> Royals...unless you're trolling for fish, in that case, you can stop.

A GUY FROM MISSOURI AGREED WITH ME!!! It appears you're the one
"trolling for fish".

> They have the University of Missouri teams, who we > Sooner fans KNOW
> are paid (ha ha). BTW, the University of Missouri is > in Columbus, so
> maybe that's what you were thinking of.
>
> Nope...btw I thought Oklahoma's big rivalry was with Nebraska and
> Oklahoma State. Since when did Mizzou enter into the picture?

As long as Norm Stewart is their head coach, there will be a big
rivalry.

Gary McManus

Paul Banik

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Gary McManus wrote:

> HAHAHA!!! Now I know your smoking something. Doug Flutie and Warren
> Moon don't play football in this country. They play in Canada.

Yes..the operative word is play. It should be played.

> Nice try. I bet you're fishing about the not being in Alaska stuff
> too.
>
> Gary McManus

Actually, I'm in Germany according to another one of the trollers on
this NG. Gary, are you and Justin pals or something?

Paul Banik

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Daryl D. Spillmann wrote:

> They make beer and play futbol in Alaska?

Okay, since you,Deke,Gary and Justin are playing along, I will too.
Actually, it's Germany if you checked John Cripso Kelley Edwards post?
And it's FusBall in Deutchsland?

Wow! I thought all you guys did > was club baby seals over the head,
and walk back and forth to Russia across > the Brook Berringer Straits.

No, that's what Nuhrashska does when they celebrate a win.

Paul Banik

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Gary McManus wrote:

> You just screwd them. Now I KNOW they cheat. Nice to see THAT A GUY
> FROM MISSOURI agrees with me about Kansas City though.
>
> Gary McManus

Geez, hasn't this baiting gone on long enough?

Paul Banik

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Daryl D. Spillmann wrote:

> I am impressed. McManus has sucessfully demonstrated his ice-fishing skills.
>
> ur not a fukin cop, ur fukin Bill Dance.
>

> --
> -------------------------
> Daryl D. Spillmann
> -------------------------

Yes. It must be an OU inside joke since Justin and Deke are also posting
from OU as well.

Randolph M. Jones

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Not if you're still biting, apparently.

Chris Metzler

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

In article <34CCF553...@mail.usask.ca> Paul Banik <ppb...@mail.usask.ca> writes:

>or something like that? Figure it out. I will give you a hint. There is
>this country that is directly north of the US, and I live there and it
>has .ca as its Internet country code. Can you guess which country I'm
>thinking of? Hint...Doug Flutie and Warren Moon played in the pro
>football league in this country. This country makes some pretty good
>beer too.

Knock it off, Paul. Everyone knows that CA is the abbreviation for
CALIFORNIA. You can try to confuse us, but it just won't work.

-c

P.S. Doug Flutie and Warren Moon never played for any teams in
California, either. Your pathetic attempts at trolling this newsgroup
aren't working so well.

--
Chris Metzler Work Address: Astrophysics, MS-209
630-840-3662 (office) Fermi National Accelerator Lab

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Jim Andrews

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Paul Banik wrote:

> Gary McManus wrote:
> >
> > You just screwd them. Now I KNOW they cheat. Nice to see THAT A GUY
> > FROM MISSOURI agrees with me about Kansas City though.
> >
> > Gary McManus
>
> Geez, hasn't this baiting gone on long enough?

Cripes, every time I answer a chat-post of Gary's,
some body accuses me of "baiting". I'm not doing
any such thing. I'm serious. I'm from Missouri.

jim andrews (originallY)

Glenn A Tanner

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

In article <MPG.f36ad949...@ounews.ou.edu>,

Justin Greenfield <Jus...@ou.edu> wrote:

>and also it is "cheifs" not "chiefs".
>
>remember the rule "i before e accept after c". that is standard first
>grade grammer. please check you're spelling before you post.

Umm, no, it's "chefs".

I've seen there inzone before in a commercial, so I know what I am talking
about.

Hit the books and when you have studied enought to know what you're
talking about, I'll be happy to listen.

GT

Jim Andrews

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Paul Banik wrote:

> Jim Andrews wrote:
> >

> > Screw you, McManus. The University of Missouri Fightin' Tigers
> > are NOT paid you stupid okie. They're amtuer just like you guys.
>
> Jim, calm down. I think he's trolling and he's looking for fish.

Sorry, I get a little worked up over Gary sometimes.
Now I know what the "bait" stuff means. Thanks.

jim andrews (thank god there's SOLMEBOD"Y decent around here0)

Philip Benincasa

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

This was tooooooo funny......fishing in the great Green Bay in Michigan and
boy you caught some whoppers!!!

pcb

Philip Benincasa

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Gary,

YOU ARE WRONG!!!!

Kansas City, the one with the sports teams (Chiefs and Royals) are in
MO. There is a Kansas City in Kansas, but it is smaller and has not sports
teams.

Also, St. Louis is in MO and has the Cardinals and Rams as pro sports teams,
so MO has 4 pro teams. That would be 4 more than in OK if you do not count
the Sooners......

pcb
Gary McManus wrote in message <34CCF5...@ou.edu>...

>Paul Banik wrote:

Philip Delaquess

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:

> No, your thinking of Wisconson because they used to play some of
> there games in Milwaukee. Why the did this, I have no idea.

Deke, Deke, Deke, get yourself a goddamn road atlas and LOOK at it fer
chrisakes! The cities of Green Bay and Milwaukee are BOTH in the state
of Wisconsin. I swear to God, it's true. If you don't believe me, then
just LOOK AT A MAP. Sheesh!

--
WORK: Philip Delaquess | PLAY: Author of Mondfarilo,
Software Development | the World Making Tool
Genetics Computer Group | phi...@itis.com
dela...@gcg.com | http://userpages.itis.com/philip

Thomas Rooney

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Paul Banik wrote:

> Jim Andrews wrote:
> >

> > Screw you, McManus. The University of Missouri Fightin' Tigers
> > are NOT paid you stupid okie. They're amtuer just like you guys.
>
> Jim, calm down. I think he's trolling and he's looking for fish.
>
> > I'm from Missouri, I definitely know what I'm talking about. And
> > we also have major leauge teams, too. Haven't you heard of the
> > St. Louis Cardinals? We may be a long way from Kansas, but we've
> > got baseball AND football. I don't know what about Kansas, though.
> > There's some dog there, and tornads.
> >

> Missouri Pro Sports teams that I can think of:
> MLB: Kansas City Royals St.Louis Cardinals
> NBA:none
> MLS: I'm sure St.Louis or KC has a team in this league, but I don't know
> the name of the team.

KC has a soccer team. Their called the Kansas City Fightin' Kansans.

------------------------------------
Tommy Rooney/NU '91

Mike Dahmus

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

In <34CCFE6C...@mail.usask.ca>, Paul Banik <ppb...@mail.usask.ca> writes:
>Jim Andrews wrote:
>>

>> Screw you, McManus. The University of Missouri Fightin' Tigers
>> are NOT paid you stupid okie. They're amtuer just like you guys.
>
>Jim, calm down. I think he's trolling and he's looking for fish.
>
>> I'm from Missouri, I definitely know what I'm talking about. And
>> we also have major leauge teams, too. Haven't you heard of the
>> St. Louis Cardinals? We may be a long way from Kansas, but we've
>> got baseball AND football. I don't know what about Kansas, though.
>> There's some dog there, and tornads.
>>

>Missouri Pro Sports teams that I can think of:
>MLB: Kansas City Royals St.Louis Cardinals
>NBA:none
>MLS: I'm sure St.Louis or KC has a team in this league, but I don't know
>the name of the team.
>NFL: Kansas City Chiefs St.Louis Rams
>NHL: St.Louis Blues
>
>> jim andrews

Um,

Where does this fall exactly in the hierarchy of catches and releases? This
one made my head hurt.

Jerome Jahnke

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Deke Arndt wrote in message <34CCCA...@ou.edu>...
>Greg E. Clevenger wrote:

>> Deke Arndt wrote:
>> >
>> > Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
>> > to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
>> > in the Super Bowl 32.
>> >
>> > The state of Michagan choked in the end.
>> >
>> > Deke
>>

>> Are you saying that Green Bay is in Michigan? You need to look at a
>> map!
>>

>> Greg
>
>From my encyclopedia (sp?):
>
> "Green Bay, on the shores of Lake Michigan, is one of the
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>nation's foremost paking and shipping ports."

Yer kiddin right?? You can't even see lake michigan from Green Bay which is
in WISCONSIN. It is on, oddly enough, a body of water called "THE GREEN
BAY." Sheesh who did you buy that enclyclopeia from anyway??

>Your looking pretty dumb. Would you like for me to prove anything
>else?

Yea, like how Michigan managed to get Green Bay.

Jer,

Jerome Jahnke

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Gary McManus wrote in message <34CCF5...@ou.edu>...
>Paul Banik wrote:
>>
>> Gary McManus wrote:

>> > What??? What are you smoking??? Kansas City is in Kansas. Let me go
>> > r-e-a-l slowly for you. "K A N S A S" ..... "K A N S A S C I T
>> > Y"...are you seeing a pattern hear? Kansas is just north of us in
>> > Oklahoma, so keep your Yankee opinions to yourself.
>> >
>> > Gary McManus
>>

>> Actually Gary the NFL and MLB team play in Missouri. There are two
>> Kansas City cities that I'm aware of. The larger populated one is in
>> Missouri, while the other one is in Kansas. I don't think you're
>> trolling...so I felt I should point this out to you in case you're
>> actually serious.

>I just looked it up on a map. It says "Kansas City" right there in the

>Northeast part of Kansas. KANSAS. I don't think Missouri has any
>Major League teams. They have the University of Missouri teams, who we

>Sooner fans KNOW are paid (ha ha). BTW, the University of Missouri is
>in Columbus, so maybe that's what you were thinking of.

GAWD this is too much fun, ummmmmm just where do you think St. Louis is
located??

Jer,

Philip Delaquess

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Gary McManus <gmcm...@ou.edu> writes:

> What??? What are you smoking??? Kansas City is in Kansas. Let me go
> r-e-a-l slowly for you. "K A N S A S" ..... "K A N S A S C I T
> Y"...are you seeing a pattern hear? Kansas is just north of us in
> Oklahoma, so keep your Yankee opinions to yourself.

In my Yankee opinion, there is one "Kansas City" in the state of
Kansas, and another, larger one across the line in the state of
Missouri. I'd think a person from Oklahoma would know this. The
Kansas City Chiefs pro football team plays in the big city in
Missouri.

Philip Delaquess

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Jus...@ou.edu (Justin Greenfield) writes:

> and also it is "cheifs" not "chiefs".

No it isn't.

> remember the rule "i before e accept after c".

That rule has exceptions, but this isn't one of them. C-H-I-E-F-S. I
before E.

> that is standard first
> grade grammer.

No it's not. It's first-grade spelling.

> please check you're spelling before you post.

That's "your", not "you're", an error of both spelling AND
grammar. Please check both of yours before YOU post.

Mike Dahmus

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

In <rssoqas...@bangs.gcg.com>, Philip Delaquess <dela...@bangs.gcg.com> writes:
>Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:
>
>> No, your thinking of Wisconson because they used to play some of
>> there games in Milwaukee. Why the did this, I have no idea.
>
>Deke, Deke, Deke, get yourself a goddamn road atlas and LOOK at it fer
>chrisakes! The cities of Green Bay and Milwaukee are BOTH in the state
>of Wisconsin. I swear to God, it's true. If you don't believe me, then
>just LOOK AT A MAP. Sheesh!

DEER LORD!!! Theirs no need for profusity. Deke and you might disagree, but
please treat him with some respect! And I think you ought to know that Deke
is'nt just some college kid on this bboard, but he is also a meterologit at
the University of Texas who probably looks at maps hundreds of times every
day just to see where the weather is!

Dylan F. Alexander

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

In article <34CCFA...@activepower.com>, jand...@activepower.com wrote:

}Gary McManus wrote:
}> I just looked it up on a map. It says "Kansas City" right there in the
}> Northeast part of Kansas. KANSAS. I don't think Missouri has any
}> Major League teams. They have the University of Missouri teams, who we
}> Sooner fans KNOW are paid (ha ha). BTW, the University of Missouri is
}> in Columbus, so maybe that's what you were thinking of.
}
}

}Screw you, McManus. The University of Missouri Fightin' Tigers
}are NOT paid you stupid okie. They're amtuer just like you guys.

}I'm from Missouri, I definitely know what I'm talking about. And
}we also have major leauge teams, too. Haven't you heard of the
}St. Louis Cardinals?

Uh, dude? St. Louis is in France.

--
Dylan Alexander dy...@tamu.edu

"Please Dylan, in the name of all that's holy, leave us be. If
annoyance were a crime, you'd be Jeffrey Dahmer." - C. Chase

Mike Pfeffer

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Subject header corrected for type-o.

Michael John Pfeffer

Mike Pfeffer

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Chris Metzler wrote:

> I think this one's too small to mount, Deke.

Maybe Rick Neuheisel wants him.

Michael John Pfeffer

Mike Coffey

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Mike Pfeffer wrote:

> Subject header corrected for type-o.

GIF GIF GIF GIF GIF!!!

--
Mike Coffey, ND '91 (remove spamsux to reply)

"Governor, do you have an opening statement?"
"As the first black female head of the Ku Klux Klan, I'd just like to
say America stinks!"

Jonathan P. Elders

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Gary McManus wrote:

> Jim Andrews wrote:

> > Gary McManus wrote:

> > > I just looked it up on a map. It says "Kansas City" right there in the
> > > Northeast part of Kansas. KANSAS. I don't think Missouri has any
> > > Major League teams. They have the University of Missouri teams, who we
> > > Sooner fans KNOW are paid (ha ha). BTW, the University of Missouri is
> > > in Columbus, so maybe that's what you were thinking of.

> > Screw you, McManus. The University of Missouri Fightin' Tigers
> > are NOT paid you stupid okie. They're amtuer just like you guys.

> You just screwd them. Now I KNOW they cheat. Nice to see THAT A GUY

> FROM MISSOURI agrees with me about Kansas City though.

> Gary McManus

I for one, know that Kansas City is in Kansas - look at all those
KU fans at the Big Eig^H^H^H Twelve tournament games - if it were in
Missouri, w'ed shoot them at the border, like we did with those
abolitionists before the Civil War (hey to Marin and the original
MU-KU bonfire in Lawrence in the 19th century).

--
Jon Elders "We learned from the forbidden fruit
Rice '95 For brains there is no substitute"

Jonathan P. Elders

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Dylan F. Alexander wrote:

> Uh, dude? St. Louis is in France.

> --
> Dylan Alexander dy...@tamu.edu

> "Please Dylan, in the name of all that's holy, leave us be. If
> annoyance were a crime, you'd be Jeffrey Dahmer." - C. Chase

Ah, non, non, Monsieur - la ville qui s'appelle Saint Louis se
trouve sur le cote nord de Senegal

Jonathan P. Elders

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Paul Banik wrote:

> Right. There's also Kansas City, Missouri. I know it's stupid, but maybe
> they should change the name to Missouri City, which might be a better
> name for the city.

But that names' already be'en taken by a city near Houston, and
not even Missourians would stoop so low to imitate Texans....

(hey to Houston in Texas County, MO)

> Paul

Jonathan P. Elders

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Justin Greenfield wrote:

> um, have'nt you seen that snickers commercial where that old man is
> painting the cheifs end zone and mispells it "chiefs"?

Great gogilly mogilly!!!

> come on!! their mispelling is widely know as the dummest blunder in the
> history of the nfl! how can you be this dumb?
>
> justin g.

Jonathan P. Elders

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

John M. Rogers wrote:

> John Andrew Rehling <reh...@cs.indiana.edu> wrote in article
> <6ailis$5...@degu.cs.indiana.edu>...
> > From: Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu>
> > [...]

> > [...]

> > > From my encyclopedia (sp?):
> > >
> > > "Green Bay, on the shores of Lake Michigan, is one of the
> > > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > >nation's foremost paking and shipping ports."
> >
> > That should clear it up right there. Paking is illegal in
> > Michigan, but still legal in Wisconsin.

> > Other fun facts: the Ohio River is not in Ohio. The Kansas
> > City Chiefs are in Missouri. What a troublingly complex world.
> > -JAR
> > --
> > Costumes by Edith Head
> ^^^^^^
> >

> DEER LORD ($2)!!!!! do'nt breng present clitons problems on to this
> buletin board!!!!!

Ahem.

Mike Pfeffer

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Metaphacts wrote:

> > I am impressed. McManus has sucessfully demonstrated his ice-fishing
> >skills.
> >
> >ur not a fukin cop, ur fukin Bill Dance.
> >
> >--
> >-------------------------
> >Daryl D. Spillmann
> >----------------
>
> McManus is from Tennessee?? If not, how come he always wheres that ugly ornge
> hat when h'es crankin' his bait?

The 'T' on McAnus' hat stands for 'tejas'. Tejas is
a territory of Oklahoma.

HTH.

Michael John Pfeffer

Rob

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

El Goob (Gary W. Smith) wrote:

> In some article, Mike Dahmus <mNOdah...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> ->In <rssoqas...@bangs.gcg.com>, Philip Delaquess
> <dela...@bangs.gcg.com> writes:
> ->>Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:
> ->>
> ->>> No, your thinking of Wisconson because they used to play some of
> ->>> there games in Milwaukee. Why the did this, I have no idea.
> ->>
> ->>Deke, Deke, Deke, get yourself a goddamn road atlas and LOOK at it
> fer
> ->>chrisakes! The cities of Green Bay and Milwaukee are BOTH in the
> state
> ->>of Wisconsin. I swear to God, it's true. If you don't believe me,
> then
> ->>just LOOK AT A MAP. Sheesh!
> ->
> ->DEER LORD!!! Theirs no need for profusity. Deke and you might
> disagree, but
> ->please treat him with some respect! And I think you ought to know
> that Deke
> ->is'nt just some college kid on this bboard, but he is also a
> meterologit at
> ->the University of Texas who probably looks at maps hundreds of times
> every
> ^^^
>
> Please capitalize the 'the'. It's the most impotant part.
>
> - goob (asterisks optional) smith

How in the hell did this thread get started??????!!!!!!!!

Jerome Jahnke

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

JTGill wrote in message <1214.331T2...@mis.net>...
>And incidentally, you can legally wed at the age of 12 in kentucky, with
>a note from your parents ;-). This is not a joke.

Like anyone in Kentucky can write...

Jer,

Jett Smith

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Get started? The real question is will it ever end????

Just doing my part!

Jett Smith

Don Jonas

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Philip Delaquess wrote:

> Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:
>
> > No, your thinking of Wisconson because they used to play some of
> > there games in Milwaukee. Why the did this, I have no idea.
>
> Deke, Deke, Deke, get yourself a goddamn road atlas and LOOK at it fer
> chrisakes! The cities of Green Bay and Milwaukee are BOTH in the state
> of Wisconsin. I swear to God, it's true. If you don't believe me, then
> just LOOK AT A MAP. Sheesh!
>
> --
> WORK: Philip Delaquess | PLAY: Author of Mondfarilo,
> Software Development | the World Making Tool
> Genetics Computer Group | phi...@itis.com
> dela...@gcg.com | http://userpages.itis.com/philip

hook.line.sinker #1!!!

--
D2J - - - remove letters N_O_S_P_A_M from address for e-mail

Don Jonas

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Greg E. Clevenger wrote:

> Deke Arndt wrote:
> >
> > Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
> > to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
> > in the Super Bowl 32.
> >
> > The state of Michagan choked in the end.
> >
> > Deke
>
> Are you saying that Green Bay is in Michigan? You need to look at a
> map!
>
> Greg

hook.line.sinker #2!!!!

Chris Grovich

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

In article <34CCFC58...@mail.usask.ca>,
Paul Banik <ppb...@mail.usask.ca> wrote:
>Justin Greenfield wrote:
>>

>> look dude i have the travel channel and i now a lot about geology (it
is > geology not geography-that is about maps).

>> im not falling for you're bait.
>>
>> justin g.
>
>Geography is about maps, but what does geology, the study of rocks have
>to do with location? If you and Gary are planning a massive fishing
>expedition on the USENET newsgroups, at least you use fresh bait? What
>is the travel channel by the way? I haven't heard of that one.

Thats' because you dont have it in saskatchewan. Its an AMERICEN
product, and it shows you the rest of the world. Pretty cool!!1!

Besides, you idots are talking about the study of where things
are, which is GEOSCIENCE.
---
Chris Grovich

Chris Grovich

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

In article <34CCC1...@ou.edu>, Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> wrote:
>Michael L Kankiewic wrote:

>> Ever hear of the Detroit Lions?
>
>And the Green Bay Packers. Man, what an idot.

You'd think peopel would be a little smarter then that.

University of MIchigan --> megachokers who could've locked
up a national championship by
beating a poor team...did'nt do
it and lost the NC.

Green Bay Pacers --> megachockers who should have locked
up a second super bowl that would have
put green bay in the NFL map for good,
and *lost* to a 13=piont under dog.

The extent to which michigan sucks is amasing.
---
Chris Grovich

Chris Grovich

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Paul Banik <ppb...@mail.usask.ca> wrote:

>Missouri Pro Sports teams that I can think of:

>MLB: Kansas City Royals St.Louis Cardinals

>NFL: Kansas City Chiefs St.Louis Rams

WHAT?!?? Don't you get it? It does'nt matter how close Kansas City
is to the border of Missuri, it's not Missuri!

Next your going to tell me that Oklahoma City is in Nebraska.
---
Chris Grovich

Raymond W. Walters

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Deke Arndt wrote in message <34CBFC...@ou.edu>...

>Well, there college football team lost some of the national title
>to Nebraksa and now one of there pro teams gets its butt kicked
>in the Super Bowl 32.
>
>The state of Michagan choked in the end.
>
>Deke

Hate to be a spoiler to your interesting note, but, last I knew, Green Bay
was still in WISCONSIN not Michigan

Ahti Eric Rovainen

Jan 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/27/98

John Andrew Rehling (reh...@cs.indiana.edu) wrote:
: From: John Stone <sto...@pilot.msu.edu>
: [...]
: > The Ohio River runs along the southern border between Ohio and
: > Kentucky I'm not sure what you mean by "in" Ohio but it at least
: > borders Ohio.
:
: The border is the northern bank of the river. The river is
: territorial water of Kentucky, West Virgina and other states, but none
: of it is in Ohio.
: Ohioans who want to get married before they're of legal age
: can just get a minister and their paramour on a canoe, push off shore
: and commence the ceremony, Kentucky-style.

One would think there are places where the channel shifted in the past
200 or so years so that both banks of the river are in Kentucky,
eliminating the need to use the boat for such a marriage. Then they
wouldn't have to honeymoon in a canoe, an activity that shares a negative
trait of American beer. Other channel shifts would put both banks
within Ohio borders, putting the river "in" Ohio, good for trollers with
a fishing licence in Ohio but not Kentucky.

John M. Rogers

Jan 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/27/98

John Andrew Rehling <reh...@cs.indiana.edu> wrote in article
<6ailis$5...@degu.cs.indiana.edu>...
> From: Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu>
> [...]
> > > The state of Michagan choked in the end.

John M. Rogers

Jan 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/27/98

Paul Banik <ppb...@mail.usask.ca> wrote in article
<34CCFBAA...@mail.usask.ca>...

> Gary McManus wrote:
> >

> > I just looked it up on a map. It says "Kansas City" right there in the
> Northeast part of Kansas.
>
> Right. There's also Kansas City, Missouri. I know it's stupid, but maybe
> they should change the name to Missouri City, which might be a better
> name for the city.
>
> > KANSAS. I don't think Missouri has any > Major League teams.
>
> Missouri does have two major pro sports franchises, the Chiefs and the
> Royals...unless you're trolling for fish, in that case, you can stop.

> They have the University of Missouri teams, who we > Sooner fans KNOW
> are paid (ha ha). BTW, the University of Missouri is > in Columbus, so
> maybe that's what you were thinking of.
>
> Nope...btw I thought Oklahoma's big rivalry was with Nebraska and
> Oklahoma State. Since when did Mizzou enter into the picture?
>
> Paul

Ever since missou made nebraska there beeatch....

--

War Eagle!

John M. Rogers
AU Class of 1985
weagl...@worldnet.att.net

"Gentlemen, there is a time for everything.
A time to live and a time to die; a time to
love and a time to hate; a time for peace
and a time for war. And, gentlemen, there's
a time to beat Alabama. That time is now!"

Coach Ralph "Shug" Jordan
(Prior to the 1969 Auburn-Alabama
game, which Auburn won 49-26)

Metaphacts

Jan 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/27/98

John M. Rogers

Jan 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/27/98

Paul Banik <ppb...@mail.usask.ca> wrote in article
<34CCF553...@mail.usask.ca>...
> Gary McManus wrote:
> >
> > Paul Banik wrote:
> > >

> > > Deke, you have hung the bait on the line long enough, and you have
> > > reeled more than your share in. Isn't it time to use fresh bait? This
> > > bait is getting stale.
> > >

> > That's what you get when you are from Alaska and you try to talk pro
> > football. Shouldn't you be building some iglues or something?
> >
> > Gary McManus
>
> Gary, not you too? If you haven't figured it out, usask.ca isn't Alaska.
> If I was from Alaska, wouldn't the extension be something like alask.edu
> or something like that? Figure it out. I will give you a hint. There is
> this country that is directly north of the US, and I live there and it
> has .ca as its Internet country code. Can you guess which country I'm
> thinking of? Hint...Doug Flutie and Warren Moon played in the pro
> football league in this country. This country makes some pretty good
> beer too.

australan beer and football kick arse... it'nt moon a litle old to be
playin in that leage tho?

El Goob (Gary W. Smith)

El Goob (Gary W. Smith)

Jan 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/27/98

In some article, Jonathan P. Elders <jp...@cec.wustl.edu> wrote:
->Dylan F. Alexander wrote:
->
->> Uh, dude? St. Louis is in France.
->
->> --
->> Dylan Alexander dy...@tamu.edu
->
->> "Please Dylan, in the name of all that's holy, leave us be. If
->> annoyance were a crime, you'd be Jeffrey Dahmer." - C. Chase
->
->Ah, non, non, Monsieur - la ville qui s'appelle Saint Louis se
->trouve sur le cote nord de Senegal

Yo qiero Taco Bell.

- goob (si, verde freeholie burrito, senorita mas bonita) smith

James E. Wilson

Jan 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/27/98

Mike Dahmus <mNOdah...@austin.ibm.com> wrote in article
<6aj3se$1hpk$1...@ausnews.austin.ibm.com>...

> DEER LORD!!! Theirs no need for profusity. Deke and you might disagree,
but
> please treat him with some respect! And I think you ought to know that
Deke
> is'nt just some college kid on this bboard, but he is also a meterologit
at
> the University of Texas who probably looks at maps hundreds of times
every
> day just to see where the weather is!

So, Deke, where did the weather go?

James E. Wilson

Jan 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/27/98

Randolph M. Jones <rjo...@eecs.umich.edu> wrote in article
<34CCF6...@eecs.umich.edu>...
> Deke Arndt wrote:

> > John Andrew Rehling wrote:
> > >
> > > From: Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu>
> > > [...]
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > That should clear it up right there. Paking is illegal in
> > > Michigan, but still legal in Wisconsin.
> >
> > It is called a type-o. It does'nt change the FACTS.
>
> I don't care WHAT your blood type is, I still don't know what the
> hell "paking" is.

I thought everyone knew what "paking" is. Blasted newbie virgins!

James E. Wilson

Jan 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/27/98

Gary McManus <gmcm...@ou.edu> wrote in article <34CCF5...@ou.edu>...
> Paul Banik wrote:
> >
> > Gary McManus wrote:
> > >
> > > What??? What are you smoking??? Kansas City is in Kansas. Let me
go
> > > r-e-a-l slowly for you. "K A N S A S" ..... "K A N S A S C I T
> > > Y"...are you seeing a pattern hear? Kansas is just north of us in
> > > Oklahoma, so keep your Yankee opinions to yourself.
> > >
> > > Gary McManus
> >
> > Actually Gary the NFL and MLB team play in Missouri. There are two
> > Kansas City cities that I'm aware of. The larger populated one is in
> > Missouri, while the other one is in Kansas. I don't think you're
> > trolling...so I felt I should point this out to you in case you're
> > actually serious.

> I just looked it up on a map. It says "Kansas City" right there in the
> Northeast part of Kansas. KANSAS. I don't think Missouri has any
> Major League teams. They have the University of Missouri teams, who we

> Sooner fans KNOW are paid (ha ha). BTW, the University of Missouri is
> in Columbus, so maybe that's what you were thinking of.

I KNOW you're not trolling, because only Okies think that Kansas City is
located in Kansas, when we all know very well that the University of
Missouri-Kansas City (whose teams are NEVER PAID!!!!!) is located in Kansas
City (not Columbus!), which can only be in MISSOURI!!!

James E. Wilson

Jan 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/27/98

Paul Banik <ppb...@mail.usask.ca> wrote in article
<34CCFBAA...@mail.usask.ca>...
> Gary McManus wrote:
> >

> > I just looked it up on a map. It says "Kansas City" right there in the
> Northeast part of Kansas.
>
> Right. There's also Kansas City, Missouri. I know it's stupid, but maybe
> they should change the name to Missouri City, which might be a better
> name for the city.

Then what would they call Missouri City, Texas?

Frank Brown

Jan 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/27/98

Paul Banik <ppb...@mail.usask.ca> wrote in article

<34CCFE6C...@mail.usask.ca>...

> Missouri Pro Sports teams that I can think of:

> MLS: I'm sure St.Louis or KC has a team in this league, but I don't know
> the name of the team.

The Kansas City Wiz -- the only team in sports that plays on yellow
astroturf.

It is loading more messages.