Blech

1 view

Eric T. Moore

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

This was worse than the loss to Rice (too bad my newsreader does not
support fixed width fonts). Whatever goodwill Mackovic had built up
from last year is gone. He will have to win out to return to that
level of support, and probably win a post-season game.

OU played well, but the mata-or -efense helpe-.

Tech takes over the favorites role for the South.

e...@tamu.edu

Fire Darnell.

Bradley Dale Glover

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

Eric T. Moore <e...@tamu.edu> wrote:

>This was worse than the loss to Rice (too bad my newsreader does not
>support fixed width fonts).

No way. The loss to Rice clued me in on what Texas is capable of
under Mackovic. None of the debacles since then have phased
me a bit. As far as this season goes, ND was my biggest loss, only
because we came so close to winning it, and because it would have
been a big win. Beating OU would have been no big deal - we were
favored by 22 points. The fact that we lost a game in which we
were favored this heavily is not heartbreaking - it's par for the
course.

Screw me once - shame on Mackovic.
Screw me twice - shame on me.

>Whatever goodwill Mackovic had built up
>from last year is gone. He will have to win out to return to that
>level of support, and probably win a post-season game.

He will have to win out, no doubt. Texas should be 5-1 right now.
(We should have allowed for a loss against ND or Virginia - but
of course we got both) 3 losses on the season as a whole would
have been a realistic outlook. Well, we've got those 3 losses...

Now we've got to win games that we should lose. Under Mackovic, I
can think of one game we won where we were the underdog. And I
can think of at least 7 or 8 we lost where we were favored. IOW,
we're probably looking at a 6-5 or 5-6 season.

Even with good coaches, you allow for the upset. It just happens.
However, you also expect that your team will also pull off a few
upsets as well to balance things off. Not with Mackovic. We
never win the games we shouldn't, and we lose some we should
have won. IOW, we're probably looking at a 6-5 or 5-6 season.

>OU played well, but the mata-or -efense helpe-.

OU will go about as far under Blake as Rice went after beating Texas
in '92. I've seen Mackovic lose to incompetents like Blake before.
Blake is a boob who is going nowhere as coach of a football team.

- bradley

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

In article <53tpo0$9...@news.tamu.edu>,

bdg...@tamaix.tamu.edu (Bradley Dale Glover) writes:
>Eric T. Moore <e...@tamu.edu> wrote:
>
>>This was worse than the loss to Rice (too bad my newsreader does not
>>support fixed width fonts).

Rice was a weather game, plain and simple.

>No way. The loss to Rice clued me in on what Texas is capable of
>under Mackovic.

<ramble mode on>

This shit kills me, this is the first year Mackovic has
been over 70 in the scholarship area (I think its @ 80 or 81)
He has brought in more talent than Mcwilliams could ever
dream of. He has opened up a pipeline to La., Cal., hell
he even got Tenn.'s Mr. football (OL) last year. My point is,
that you have to have a complete roster, depth and talent
at all positions, to reach the top 10. Your first team plays
against the second/scout teamers everyday, if they stink, your
probably going to get "shocked" in a big game. Its also
easier to end up with slow ass white boys at ILB, if all
they do is go against pussys everyday in practice.
I've already seen a huge increase in UT's level of play
since JM has come in. But I think there will be another
increase in the level of play, now that JM has things
the way he wants it, and a completely filled out roster.

The next two years will tell us if UT can make it. The thing
that pisses me off, is that Tyson Queen will graduate, and
what will take his place? Slowass white boy #2 (richardson)
will start. The nightmare will never end. There will always
be some slowass white boy, to fill the "void" at ILB, maybe
Flake is right, god is on their side.

And I do agree with ETM, darnell should go, after all he wont
put in the 4-3 like I suggested :-) I think the pecker head
falls in love with his boyz, and cant make decisions
based on facts, or he could just be dumber than a bucket
of hair.

You want to beat UT? simple. You see the shit at ILB, and you
count: 5 OL, a TE, and a FB, against their 3 DL's. I think
we can win that battle. Hell, there were times when I
wondered if UT even lined up at DL. The entire middle of
the field was hornless. And akins probably wouldn't have
gotten his ass kicked if he had 3 other DL's to help him out.

Tyson Queens best tackle: on the TE's TD catch, he picked
Humphrey off. Even with the "assist" from Queen, humphrey
almost got a hand on the pass.

And this is the most important point that I would like to
make. If JB is going to be a pocket passer, then I think
he should be doing it for the scond team. UT needs a
pocket passing midget with a popgun arm, like they need
another slowass white boy at LB. How many times did
you see an ou LB 30 yards down field guarding an
UT receiver (or playing zone)? This would never have
been done two years ago, when JB ran. All they did
was sit and wait for JB to pop pop pop, and wait and
wait and wait for the ball to get there, so they could
tip it away. Scarborough toasted the ou secondary, but
had to wait 10 years for the ball to finally come down
out of orbit. By the time he got it, the DB's were there
to poke it away. Same thing as in the virginia game.
Walton would have put that ball out there on a line,
and the ou DB's would still be smoking. JB wanting to be a
pocket passer f'ing kills me, and this is the only problem
I have with JM. If thats what JB wants to do, then
he should be doing it for the second team.

Derek
If losers like ou can beat UT, just think what CU is
going to do to Tyson Queen and company.

King Biggdan and Princess Stephanie

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

bdg...@tamaix.tamu.edu (Bradley Dale Glover) wrote:

>OU will go about as far under Blake as Rice went after beating Texas
>in '92. I've seen Mackovic lose to incompetents like Blake before.
>Blake is a boob who is going nowhere as coach of a football team.

Baylor will beat ou on Saturday. Fuentes is the worst college qb I've
ever seen in person. Baylor is a 10 point favorite. ou may not win
another game this year.

Hook 'Em,

Biggdan (how can I say this without sounding like sour grapes? By
simply pointing out how much worse UT looks if all this comes true.)

William W Dostalik

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

> Hook 'Em,

You guys make this so much fun. Thanks.

____ 30-27
/ __ \__ ==================================== | Bill Dostalik
/ / / / / Oklahoma Sooners | dost...@utdallas.edu
/ /_/ / / National College Football Champions | Dept. of Physics
\____/ / 1950 1955 1956 1974 1975 1985 | Univ. of Okla. @ Dallas
\____/ ==================================== | "Oh, yeah?" "Yeah."

Bonehead

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

In article <53uaq6$4...@dfw-ixnews8.ix.netcom.com>, big...@ix.netcom.com

(King Biggdan and Princess Stephanie) wrote:

}bdg...@tamaix.tamu.edu (Bradley Dale Glover) wrote:
}
}
}>OU will go about as far under Blake as Rice went after beating Texas
}>in '92. I've seen Mackovic lose to incompetents like Blake before.
}>Blake is a boob who is going nowhere as coach of a football team.
}
}Baylor will beat ou on Saturday. Fuentes is the worst college qb I've
}ever seen in person. Baylor is a 10 point favorite. ou may not win
}another game this year.

I don't think this is true at all. Baylor isn't really very good, and
Oklahoma has improved every game this season. They have some talent,
and they're learning to limit their mistakes somewhat. If they'd played
half as well against KU as they did against UT they'd have blown them
out.

Blake may or not be a coach, but he's probably a decent motivator,
especially after last week. OU seems to have a history of coaches
who couldn't coach their out of a paper bag with a blow torch winning
games with good recruiting and good motivation. I see things improving
in s00001nerland until the NCAA catches up with them.

--
Dylan Alexander
dy...@tamu.edu

michael_dupree

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

In article , bdg...@tamaix.tamu.edu says...

>OU will go about as far under Blake as Rice went after beating Texas
>in '92. Blake is a boob who is going nowhere as coach of a football team.

At least Blake isn't so dumb as to still be using the 3-4, especially
with mediocre linebackers. Pshaw.

>- bradley

Mike

John Walkup

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

big...@ix.netcom.com (King Biggdan and Princess Stephanie) writes:

>bdg...@tamaix.tamu.edu (Bradley Dale Glover) wrote:

>>OU will go about as far under Blake as Rice went after beating Texas

>>in '92. I've seen Mackovic lose to incompetents like Blake before.

>>Blake is a boob who is going nowhere as coach of a football team.

>Baylor will beat ou on Saturday. Fuentes is the worst college qb I've

>ever seen in person. Baylor is a 10 point favorite. ou may not win
>another game this year.

>Hook 'Em,

>Biggdan (how can I say this without sounding like sour grapes? By
>simply pointing out how much worse UT looks if all this comes true.)

It almost makes me want to root for Baylor.

Bradley Dale Glover

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

Derek J. Castleman <der...@bcm.tmc.edu> wrote:

>JB wanting to be a
>pocket passer f'ing kills me, and this is the only problem
>I have with JM. If thats what JB wants to do, then
>he should be doing it for the second team.

JB doesn't stay in the pocket. He backpedals 50 yards.

- bradley

Trace and Laurin

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

In article <walkup.845354904@phyast>, wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John
Walkup) wrote:

>Why don't you take your loss like a man?
>
>John

As opposed to all of these coming-out-of-the-woodwork-Sooners acting like
men in UT's loss ?

Trace

Don't make me sorry I picked OU to win this coming weekend.

John Walkup

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

dy...@tamu.edu (Bonehead) writes:

>In article <53uaq6$4...@dfw-ixnews8.ix.netcom.com>, big...@ix.netcom.com

>(King Biggdan and Princess Stephanie) wrote:

>}bdg...@tamaix.tamu.edu (Bradley Dale Glover) wrote:
>}
>}
>}>OU will go about as far under Blake as Rice went after beating Texas
>}>in '92. I've seen Mackovic lose to incompetents like Blake before.
>}>Blake is a boob who is going nowhere as coach of a football team.
>}
>}Baylor will beat ou on Saturday. Fuentes is the worst college qb I've
>}ever seen in person. Baylor is a 10 point favorite. ou may not win
>}another game this year.

>I don't think this is true at all. Baylor isn't really very good, and

>Oklahoma has improved every game this season. They have some talent,
>and they're learning to limit their mistakes somewhat. If they'd played
>half as well against KU as they did against UT they'd have blown them
>out.

>Blake may or not be a coach, but he's probably a decent motivator,
>especially after last week. OU seems to have a history of coaches
>who couldn't coach their out of a paper bag with a blow torch winning
>games with good recruiting and good motivation. I see things improving

A slam against a coach who owned Darrell Royal. I'm sorry, but Switzer was
a fantastic coach at all phases of the game. Top defenses and top offenses.
And his special teams were solid. And if you don't think the wishbone
requires great coaching then you don't understand the wishbone. Those RBs
don't come out of high school with outstanding blocking skills, you know.

I tell you what: The day Texas can put a team on the field that blocks,
tackles, and displays all the rest of the fundamentals of football like
Barry's team then you complain about Switzer. You call that pathetic technique last
Saturday good technique? There isn't a Texas player who can tackle like
David Vickers. There isn't a Texas halfback who can block like Anthony Stafford.

>in s00001nerland until the NCAA catches up with them.

Here comes the whining. It didn't take long. You guys are pathetic.

El Goob (Gary W. Smith)

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

In some article, <Michael Dupree> wrote:
->In article , bdg...@tamaix.tamu.edu says...
->>
->>OU will go about as far under Blake as Rice went after beating Texas
->>in '92. Blake is a boob who is going nowhere as coach of a football team.
->
->At least Blake isn't so dumb as to still be using the 3-4, especially
->with mediocre linebackers. Pshaw.

Blake tried to install the 3-4 but God overruled him.

- goob (god is great, god is good, god doesn't like longhorns) smith

Scott Harper

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

In article <walkup.845354904@phyast>,
wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) wrote:

>I'm sorry, but Switzer was a fantastic coach at all phases of the game.
>Top defenses and top offenses. And his special teams were solid.

Amen brother. Just check out the Dallas Cowboys!

Ooops. My bad. You said "was."

harp
austin,tx

El Goob (Gary W. Smith)

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

In some article, John Walkup <wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu> wrote:
->I'm sorry, but Switzer was
->a fantastic coach at all phases of the game. Top defenses and top offenses.

Yeah but god, the current coach of the s00001ners as hyperventilated
by John Flake himself, would squish him like a grape.

->Why don't you take your loss like a man?

- goob (how 'bout if john flake takes the win like a man next time) smith

El Goob (Gary W. Smith)

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

In some article, John Walkup <wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu> wrote:
->I'm sorry, but Switzer was
->a fantastic coach at all phases of the game. Top defenses and top offenses.

Yeah but god, the current coach of the s00001ners as hyperventilated
by John Flake himself, would squish him like a grape.

- goob (flake is the self-annointed prophet) smith

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) writes:
>dy...@tamu.edu (Bonehead) writes:

>>in s00001nerland until the NCAA catches up with them.
>
>Here comes the whining. It didn't take long. You guys are pathetic.

>Why don't you take your loss like a man?

You want to know whats pathetic, its a bunch of Okie shit
rooting for a bunch of former Texas (the state you okies love
to hate) HS players, in a stadium thats located in the state
you scum love to hate. Thats pathetic.

I saw two players that stood out for ou, I bet their both
from Texas (8,51).

Derek
Oklahoma: a garbage ass, no talent, leech of a state.

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

In article <540246$r...@news.tamu.edu>,

He likes longhorns(god damnit, he loves all creatures, even Okies), he
just doesn't care for Darnell, so we must x||size him from the coaching
staff.

Derek

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

In article <5409ev$2...@news.tamu.edu>,

goo...@tam2000.tamu.edu (El Goob (Gary W. Smith)) writes:
>In some article, John Walkup <wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu> wrote:
>->I'm sorry, but Switzer was
>->a fantastic coach at all phases of the game. Top defenses and top offenses.

>Yeah but god, the current coach of the s00001ners as hyperventilated
>by John Flake himself, would squish him like a grape.

it would have kind of a crimson, and cream look it too.

>- goob (flake is the self-annointed prophet) smith

Hey I think I'm on something, err onto something, Flake did
come out of heaven (Texas, via the caboyz), to deliver from
evil, the great unwashed (s00ners) in an ancient temple
(cotton bowl) ....... nah, UT just has too many slow ass
white boyz on D.

Derek

Deke Arndt

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

Derek J. Castleman wrote:

> This shit kills me, this is the first year Mackovic has
> been over 70 in the scholarship area (I think its @ 80 or 81)
> He has brought in more talent than Mcwilliams could ever
> dream of. He has opened up a pipeline to La., Cal., hell
> he even got Tenn.'s Mr. football (OL) last year.

Funny, you don't see residents of these states whining and crying
about Mackovic's apparent success in signing their homegrown talent.

Justin Greenfield

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

Derek J. Castleman wrote:

> In article <walkup.845354904@phyast>,
> wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) writes:
> >dy...@tamu.edu (Bonehead) writes:
>
> >>in s00001nerland until the NCAA catches up with them.
> >
> >Here comes the whining. It didn't take long. You guys are pathetic.
> >Why don't you take your loss like a man?
>
> You want to know whats pathetic, its a bunch of Okie shit
> rooting for a bunch of former Texas (the state you okies love
> to hate) HS players, in a stadium thats located in the state
> you scum love to hate. Thats pathetic.

And what's even more pathetic is that you lost and continue to whine
about it. The stars of the game Fuente, Allen, Parker, and Peters are
all from the "garbase ass, no talent, leech of a state" of Oklahoma, and
they did quite well against your so highly vaunted Texas HS players....

I case you've forgotten, the score was 30-27 and texas LOST.
Time to deal with it.

> I saw two players that stood out for ou, I bet their both
> from Texas (8,51).
>
> --
> --
> Derek
> Oklahoma: a garbage ass, no talent, leech of a state.

Justin G.

Bonehead

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

Walkup) wrote:

}dy...@tamu.edu (Bonehead) writes:
[...]

_My_ loss? _Texas_?

I know it may shock you, but plenty of people think Switzer was the biggest
joke to be named head coach of a major football program without it having
anything to do with s00001ner envy.

Texas, indeed.

--
Dylan Alexander
dy...@tamu.edu

John Walkup

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

tama...@mail.utexas.edu (Trace and Laurin) writes:

>In article <walkup.845354904@phyast>, wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John
>Walkup) wrote:

>>Why don't you take your loss like a man?

>>John

>As opposed to all of these coming-out-of-the-woodwork-Sooners acting like
>men in UT's loss ?

I have been here throughout the season.

John Walkup

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

#1 defense in the NFL. And the special teams are solid. The offense
is struggling a little, though. But two out of three ain't bad.

John Walkup

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:

>In article <walkup.845354904@phyast>,
> wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) writes:
>>dy...@tamu.edu (Bonehead) writes:

>>>in s00001nerland until the NCAA catches up with them.
>>
>>Here comes the whining. It didn't take long. You guys are pathetic.

>>Why don't you take your loss like a man?

>You want to know whats pathetic, its a bunch of Okie shit

>rooting for a bunch of former Texas (the state you okies love
>to hate) HS players, in a stadium thats located in the state
>you scum love to hate. Thats pathetic.

Ahem. Darrell K. Royal stadium. Ex-Sooner. Ex All-American Sooner.
Ex All-American Sooner who helped OU beat Texas. You named your
stadium after him.

#8 is Brandon Daniels, from Ada OK. And the game MVP is from
Wynnewood, OK.

It's not our fault your HS athletes hate their home state.

John

John Walkup

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

dy...@tamu.edu (Bonehead) writes:

>In article <walkup.845354904@phyast>, wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John

>Walkup) wrote:

>}Here comes the whining. It didn't take long. You guys are pathetic.
>}Why don't you take your loss like a man?

>_My_ loss? _Texas_?

>I know it may shock you, but plenty of people think Switzer was the biggest
>joke to be named head coach of a major football program without it having
>anything to do with s00001ner envy.

Just as long as they aren't fans of the scores of college football teams that
took it annually on the chin by Switzer's teams.

Then there are the legions of fans who root for teams that haven't won a
national title since (what) 1938, or something. It's called envy.

John

King Biggdan and Princess Stephanie

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

Justin Greenfield <swi...@ou.edu> wrote:

>And what's even more pathetic is that you lost and continue to whine
>about it.

I have a honost question. Why is it that Texas fans can't have ANY
commentary about the Texas-ou game without it being labeled whining?
Now, I'm married, so I know plenty about whining. To me, whining
would be making alot of bogus excuses like complaining about the
officiating. Making comments about our observations such as how much
Fuente and the ou punt team sucked, about how much the Texas team
underachieved, etc., how can that be labeled whining? Isn't labeling
it whining just a cop out so that you sooners don't have to face the
reality that your team and coach still suck but it just so happened
that last saturday our team and coach sucked harder?

Hook 'Em,

Biggdan (Hey Tuttle, explain to these guys how eventually reality will
hit them)

Bradley Dale Glover

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

John Walkup <wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu> wrote:

>It's not our fault your HS athletes hate their home state.

I bet Bob Davie could make them love it.

- bradley (3 more losses and he's ours)

Gary Beason

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

Bradley Dale Glover wrote:

> He will have to win out, no doubt. Texas should be 5-1 right now.

Could have been, could have been.

> (We should have allowed for a loss against ND or Virginia - but
> of course we got both) 3 losses on the season as a whole would
> have been a realistic outlook. Well, we've got those 3 losses...

It was an optimistic (though feasible) outcome. I am truly impressed by
some of the Longhorn talent. Still, I thought only 3 losses was
optimistic simply because of 1) the run defense has not improved in the
last 2 1/2 seasons and 2) Mackovic is the coach. Three losses was
realistic (i.e., likely) only if you believed the hype about an improved
defense and forgot about Mackovic.

Last year's Longhorn defense "overachieved" (as BigDan would say) the
second half of last year. They weren't expected to be that good, and
Texas wasn't expected to win the SWC. Playing as the favored team is a
whole other situation, particularly for an emotional team like Texas. At
the beginning of last season, Texas was not a favorite to win the SWC.

When you've been winning or when you think you "should" win and "should"
be a MNC contender and "should" have a Heismann candidate and "should"
win the Big 12 south, well, that takes a different kind of character.
And I think that starts with the coach.

And Texas played well last year because players like Brown and Williams
and Mitchell led the team emotionally, not Mackovic. And their
performance and leadership made a few fans forget Mackovic's problems as
a head coach.

--

--Gary Beason

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

In article <3263D2...@ou.edu>,
Justin Greenfield <swi...@ou.edu> writes:

>Derek J. Castleman wrote:
>>
>> In article <walkup.845354904@phyast>,
>> wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) writes:

>> >Here comes the whining. It didn't take long. You guys are pathetic.
>> >Why don't you take your loss like a man?
>>
>> You want to know whats pathetic, its a bunch of Okie shit
>> rooting for a bunch of former Texas (the state you okies love
>> to hate) HS players, in a stadium thats located in the state
>> you scum love to hate. Thats pathetic.
>
>And what's even more pathetic is that you lost and continue to whine
^^^
Sorry I didn't play, but I have been trying to break god's game down,
and will report my findings to the UT FB team.

>about it. The stars of the game Fuente

a star among stars......

Derek
s00ners = Leeches.

John Walkup

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

bdg...@tamaix.tamu.edu (Bradley Dale Glover) writes:

>John Walkup <wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu> wrote:

>>It's not our fault your HS athletes hate their home state.

>I bet Bob Davie could make them love it.

Oh, is this your new savior? (It used to be David McWilliams
and John Mackovic.)

Why not go ahead and list the "saviors of the program" for the
next few coaching changes.

John

Gary McManus

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

In article <540tkc$c...@dfw-ixnews3.ix.netcom.com> big...@ix.netcom.com (King Biggdan and Princess Stephanie) writes:

>Justin Greenfield <swi...@ou.edu> wrote:
>

>>And what's even more pathetic is that you lost and continue to whine
>>about it.
>
>I have a honost question. Why is it that Texas fans can't have ANY
>commentary about the Texas-ou game without it being labeled whining?
>Now, I'm married, so I know plenty about whining. To me, whining
>would be making alot of bogus excuses like complaining about the
>officiating. Making comments about our observations such as how much
>Fuente and the ou punt team sucked, about how much the Texas team
>underachieved, etc., how can that be labeled whining? Isn't labeling
>it whining just a cop out so that you sooners don't have to face the
>reality that your team and coach still suck but it just so happened

OU didn't lose to an 0-4 team (I'm still trying to figure out what that
means, but I'll go ahead and post it anyway).

The reality will hit Texas sometime that it's not underachieving, it's
just plain "not good".

Gary (but Texas was supposed to win a MNC) McManus

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

In article <5410ff$g...@news.tamu.edu>,

bdg...@tamaix.tamu.edu (Bradley Dale Glover) writes:
>John Walkup <wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu> wrote:
>
>>It's not our fault your HS athletes hate their home state.
>
>I bet Bob Davie could make them love it.

They got 2 badass Texas FB players last year, and one NONQUAL'd,
big deal. I could also see every cleat on the bottom of
the others shoes, when that TCU OLman put em on his back side.

>- bradley (3 more losses and he's ours)

Could be tough, how many more teams have god on their side?

Derek

Deke Arndt

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

Biggdan wrote:
> Justin Greenfield <swi...@ou.edu> wrote:
>
> >And what's even more pathetic is that you lost and continue to whine
> >about it.
>
> I have a honost question. Why is it that Texas fans can't have ANY
> commentary about the Texas-ou game without it being labeled whining?
> Now, I'm married, so I know plenty about whining. To me, whining
> would be making alot of bogus excuses like complaining about the
> officiating.

Actually, the "Texas Whine" in it's truest sense was crafted by either
Walkup or Dostalik (my apologies to one or both of you), and refers
to the Texans' constant lamenting of the migration of a disproportionate
percentage of Texas High School football talent into Oklahoma,
specifically, the University of Oklahoma, Norman Campus.

I think the definition has broadened since the application has become
more frequent and applicable to other areas.

If you want an example of a classic Texas Whine which is true to the
original definition, check out any of Castleman's posts where he tries
to save face by noting the number of Texas players on OU's roster.

Aside: I have noticed that the Texas Whine is usually accompanied by
some stale attempt at a condescending Okie comment. This is almost
as funny (and equally pathetic) as the falsely stoic "hook 'em"
gestures mentioned in another thread.

> Making comments about our observations such as how much
> Fuente and the ou punt team sucked, about how much the Texas team
> underachieved, etc., how can that be labeled whining? Isn't labeling
> it whining just a cop out so that you sooners don't have to face the
> reality that your team and coach still suck but it just so happened

> that last saturday our team and coach sucked harder?hmmm. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You misspelled "in 1996"

> Hook 'Em,
> Biggdan

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

In article <walkup.845409802@phyast>,

wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) writes:
>der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:
>
>>In article <walkup.845354904@phyast>,
>> wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) writes:

>Ahem. Darrell K. Royal stadium. Ex-Sooner. Ex All-American Sooner.
>Ex All-American Sooner who helped OU beat Texas. You named your
>stadium after him.

he's a racist bastard, aint he....

>>I saw two players that stood out for ou, I bet their both
>>from Texas (8,51).
>
>#8 is Brandon Daniels, from Ada OK.

I was talking about jerry jackson, you know 8 yd TD pass,
51 yard punt return for a TD. This Daniels shit isn't even listed
on the stats sheet. You're not trying to be a cluck, are you?

Texan comes in, sees that some scrub (Okie) has his number,
next thing ya know, the scrubs got a different number.

Derek
of course I could just be blind.

Deke Arndt

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

(of course, you Texans can do that "you misspelled" thing a lot better
than I can)

Bonehead

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

In article <540tkc$c...@dfw-ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>, big...@ix.netcom.com

(King Biggdan and Princess Stephanie) wrote:

}Now, I'm married, so I know plenty about whining.

Does your wife have an email address?

Just idle curiosity, I assure you.

--
Dylan Alexander
dy...@tamu.edu

Deke Arndt

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

Or clueless.

B. Daniels (#8 - Ada, OK) is in the rotation at FL,
along with M. McDaniel (#6 - Oklahoma City, OK).

Since you botched it so badly, I'll make your whine for you:

Jarrail Jackson is number 18, not number 8.
He is from Yates HS (Houston, TX).
Yes, he was quite impressive. And he is from Texas.

Deke

Trace and Laurin

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

In article <walkup.845409588@phyast>, wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John
Walkup) wrote:

>tama...@mail.utexas.edu (Trace and Laurin) writes:
>
>>In article <walkup.845354904@phyast>, wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John

>>Walkup) wrote:
>
>>>Why don't you take your loss like a man?
>

>>>John
>
>>As opposed to all of these coming-out-of-the-woodwork-Sooners acting like
>>men in UT's loss ?
>
>I have been here throughout the season.

John, I was not referring to you.

Trace

I know who's a woodworker and who's not.

michael_dupree

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

In article , big...@ix.netcom.com says...

>>And what's even more pathetic is that you lost and continue to whine
>>about it.
>
>I have a honost question. Why is it that Texas fans can't have ANY
>commentary about the Texas-ou game without it being labeled whining?
>Now, I'm married, so I know plenty about whining. To me, whining
>would be making alot of bogus excuses like complaining about the

>officiating. Making comments about our observations such as how much

>Fuente and the ou punt team sucked, about how much the Texas team
>underachieved, etc., how can that be labeled whining? Isn't labeling
>it whining just a cop out so that you sooners don't have to face the
>reality that your team and coach still suck but it just so happened
>that last saturday our team and coach sucked harder?

Actually, it seemed to me to be a well-played game. Not a lot of
turnovers and not many penalties on either side. I didn't see any
poor coaching decisions that altered the outcome significantly.
Not a lot of dropped passes or fumbles. Both teams played quite
well in spots. Exactly what sucked (other than losing) that wasn't
consistent with recent UT performances?

Fuente is a freshman in his first year in a brand new offense. Forgive
us for not expecting the world from him. He's got a decent arm and
played with poise, which is more than we've had in the past couple
of years. He didn't have a great day, but he didn't get us beat either.
If you think he sucks, you weren't paying attention to our QB's the
past couple of years.

I don't see a lot of evidence of suckage, other than our punt team
of course. Seems to me you just got outplayed.

>Hook 'Em,
>
>Biggdan (Hey Tuttle, explain to these guys how eventually reality will
>hit them)

Most of us know reality pretty well. We're 1-4 and will likely have a losing
season. It's also fairly likely you'll be re-acquainted with reality against
Colorado in two weeks as well.

M-

Justin Greenfield

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

On Tue, 15 Oct 1996, King Biggdan and Princess Stephanie wrote:

> Justin Greenfield <swi...@ou.edu> wrote:
>

> >And what's even more pathetic is that you lost and continue to whine
> >about it.
>
> I have a honost question. Why is it that Texas fans can't have ANY
> commentary about the Texas-ou game without it being labeled whining?

As was pointed out in another post in this thread:

WHINING - refers to the Texans' constant lamenting of the migration of a

disproportionate percentage of Texas High School football talent into
Oklahoma, specifically, the University of Oklahoma, Norman Campus.

perfectly (as a majority of his posts do).

Lately however, it has taken on a broader meaning and is over-used. But
in this case, it was used properly.

This definition ought to be added to the FAQ.

> Now, I'm married, so I know plenty about whining. To me, whining
> would be making alot of bogus excuses like complaining about the
> officiating. Making comments about our observations such as how much
> Fuente and the ou punt team sucked, about how much the Texas team
> underachieved, etc., how can that be labeled whining? Isn't labeling
> it whining just a cop out so that you sooners don't have to face the
> reality that your team and coach still suck but it just so happened
> that last saturday our team and coach sucked harder?

No.

> Hook 'Em,
>
> Biggdan (Hey Tuttle, explain to these guys how eventually reality will
> hit them)

The texas fans are the ones who need a dose of reality. And I think you
all saw that reality about your team Saturday. But go ahead and deny it,
and keep Mac. It's fine with me. We're not the ones projecting a possible
"MNC" at the beginning of this year.

texas is 1-2-1 in the last 4 years against OU, and those OU teams are without
a doubt some of the most inferior OU teams ever fielded, not to mention
coached by THREE different coaches.

Sooner fans have accepted the reality that we are not a good team and
will have a losing season. Reality hit us a long time ago.

When will it hit you?

Justin G.

John Chandler

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

In article <540icn$5...@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu>,

Derek J. Castleman <der...@bcm.tmc.edu> wrote:

>I saw two players that stood out for ou, I bet their both
>from Texas (8,51).

James Allen is from Oklahoma.

--
John Chandler
j...@a.cs.okstate.edu

Bradley Dale Glover

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

John Walkup <wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu> wrote:
>bdg...@tamaix.tamu.edu (Bradley Dale Glover) writes:
>>John Walkup <wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu> wrote:

>>>It's not our fault your HS athletes hate their home state.

>>I bet Bob Davie could make them love it.

>Oh, is this your new savior? (It used to be David McWilliams
>and John Mackovic.)

Oh yeah, Bob Davie is in David McWilliams and John Mackovic's league.

- bradley(sad thing is i bet a&m beats us to him)

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

In article <326423...@ou.edu>,
Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:

>B. Daniels (#8 - Ada, OK) is in the rotation at FL,
>along with M. McDaniel (#6 - Oklahoma City, OK).

dont see no TD's fo these boyz, anyone else?

>Since you botched it so badly, I'll make your whine for you:

I do take pride in my knowledge of ou athletics (can you feel
the sarcasm).

>Jarrail Jackson is number 18, not number 8.
>He is from Yates HS (Houston, TX).
>Yes, he was quite impressive. And he is from Texas.
>
>Deke

who said you cant train a s00ner?

Now for my next trick, I'll make him admit that ou could
not have won without its Texas players.

This will be tough, since they actually believe there
is this s00ner magic thing that helps them to win.

Derek
Magical leeches

Deke Arndt

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

Derek J. Castleman wrote:

> In article <326423...@ou.edu>,
> Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:
>
> >B. Daniels (#8 - Ada, OK) is in the rotation at FL,
> >along with M. McDaniel (#6 - Oklahoma City, OK).
>
> dont see no TD's fo these boyz, anyone else?

If you're clueless enough to believe that a touchdown is the result
of one player's performance, I honestly doubt you ever played the game.

> >Since you botched it so badly, I'll make your whine for you:
>

> >Jarrail Jackson is number 18, not number 8.
> >He is from Yates HS (Houston, TX).
> >Yes, he was quite impressive. And he is from Texas.
>

> who said you cant train a s00ner?
>
> Now for my next trick, I'll make him admit that ou could
> not have won without its Texas players.

OU would not have won without its Texas high school players.

Was this ever up for debate? And, how does my restating the obvious
prove any point? Are you struggling with this theme somehow?
Were you abused by Oklahomans as a youth?

Now, for my next trick, I'll make him admit that the sun sets
in the west.

Deke

If you are so distressed over a football game that you can only take
solace in the fact that you live in a state with roughly ten times
the population of a neighboring state, you're not doing too well.

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

In article <32641D...@ou.edu>,
Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:
>Deke Arndt wrote:

>(of course, you Texans can do that "you misspelled" thing a lot better
> than I can)

Texans doing something better than an okie, next thing you know
he's going to tell us that water is wet.

Derek
I think I'm starting to get through to these chimps.

John Walkup

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:

>In article <walkup.845409802@phyast>,
> wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) writes:

>>der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:
>>
>>>In article <walkup.845354904@phyast>,

>>> wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) writes:

>>Ahem. Darrell K. Royal stadium. Ex-Sooner. Ex All-American Sooner.
>>Ex All-American Sooner who helped OU beat Texas. You named your
>>stadium after him.

>he's a racist bastard, aint he....

His personal opinions are of no concern to me.

>>>I saw two players that stood out for ou, I bet their both
>>>from Texas (8,51).

Okay, everyone! Just so we are clear on the concept: THIS is a whine.

>>#8 is Brandon Daniels, from Ada OK.

>I was talking about jerry jackson, you know 8 yd TD pass,
>51 yard punt return for a TD. This Daniels shit isn't even listed
>on the stats sheet. You're not trying to be a cluck, are you?

Hmmmm. I thought #8 was Brandon Daniels. Anyone?

John Walkup

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

big...@ix.netcom.com (King Biggdan and Princess Stephanie) writes:

>Justin Greenfield <swi...@ou.edu> wrote:

>>And what's even more pathetic is that you lost and continue to whine
>>about it.

>I have a honost question. Why is it that Texas fans can't have ANY
>commentary about the Texas-ou game without it being labeled whining?

>Now, I'm married, so I know plenty about whining. To me, whining
>would be making alot of bogus excuses like complaining about the
>officiating. Making comments about our observations such as how much
>Fuente and the ou punt team sucked, about how much the Texas team
>underachieved, etc., how can that be labeled whining? Isn't labeling
>it whining just a cop out so that you sooners don't have to face the
>reality that your team and coach still suck but it just so happened
>that last saturday our team and coach sucked harder?

Now you see, this isn't whining. Whinging is saying something like
"Waaaaah, you won but you cheated!" (This is exactly the message
delivered when someone says something like "then they will have the
NCAA all over them again," or something like that.)

BTW, complaining about all the Texas on the OU roster is also whining.
If you want to complain about it, wait until Texas wins. But then again,
I can see why you are impatient.

>Hook 'Em,

>Biggdan (Hey Tuttle, explain to these guys how eventually reality will
>hit them)

Reality may hit us, but it won't be at the hands of Texas.
For example, reality hit us last year, but the Texas game was the only
bright spot of the season. The same may apply this year.

John

John Walkup

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

bdg...@tamaix.tamu.edu (Bradley Dale Glover) writes:

>John Walkup <wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu> wrote:
>>bdg...@tamaix.tamu.edu (Bradley Dale Glover) writes:

>>>I bet Bob Davie could make them love it.

>>Oh, is this your new savior? (It used to be David McWilliams
>>and John Mackovic.)

>Oh yeah, Bob Davie is in David McWilliams and John Mackovic's league.

He will be once he takes the Texas job.

David C. Tuttle

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

big...@ix.netcom.com (King Biggdan and Princess Stephanie) wrote:

> Biggdan (Hey Tuttle, explain to these guys how eventually reality will
> hit them)

Hey, who am I to argue with God's Own Team? Funny how He signed on
only within the last week, though...

--
David C. Tuttle, Biomathematics -----> d...@odin.mdacc.tmc.edu <-----
The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center +1 (713) 792-2606

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

In article <326439...@ou.edu>,

Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:
>Derek J. Castleman wrote:
>>
>> In article <326423...@ou.edu>,

>> Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:
>>
>> >B. Daniels (#8 - Ada, OK) is in the rotation at FL,
>>
>> dont see no TD's fo these boyz, anyone else?
>
>If you're clueless enough to believe that a touchdown is the result
>of one player's performance, I honestly doubt you ever played the game.

Thanks for clarifying my thoughts for me.

lets see if I can make you understand: my sophomore yr of HS We had
badass, when badass play, we score TD, when badass no play, we no
score TD.

This experience sort of made me think that one player can
make a diff, in fact, all of the diff. He cannot do it on his
own, but it could be said that if not for him, it wouldn't get done.

>> >Since you botched it so badly, I'll make your whine for you:
>>
>> >Jarrail Jackson is number 18, not number 8.
>> >He is from Yates HS (Houston, TX).
>> >Yes, he was quite impressive. And he is from Texas.
>>
>> who said you cant train a s00ner?
>>
>> Now for my next trick, I'll make him admit that ou could
>> not have won without its Texas players.
>
>OU would not have won without its Texas high school players.
>
>Was this ever up for debate? And, how does my restating the obvious
>prove any point? Are you struggling with this theme somehow?
>Were you abused by Oklahomans as a youth?

I've known a few Okies that actually take pride in their
state, and think that the ou, Texas thing proves something.
This ends when I tell them just what ou is all about.
Pride, wrong; fighting the good fight, wrong; its just
some pimp coach, doing whatever it takes to win.
(I remember the ou T-shirts proclaiming them Texas state
champs, kind of funny when you think they did it using
a starting lineup made up of MOSTLY Texas HS players)
I guess this seems to sit well with some natives, go figure.

>Now, for my next trick, I'll make him admit that the sun sets
>in the west.

it has a nice burnt orange hue doesn't it.....

Derek
Pridefull leeches

Dustin Christmann

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

In article <326418...@ou.edu>, Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> wrote:
>Actually, the "Texas Whine" in it's truest sense was crafted by either
>Walkup or Dostalik (my apologies to one or both of you), and refers

>to the Texans' constant lamenting of the migration of a disproportionate
>percentage of Texas High School football talent into Oklahoma,
>specifically, the University of Oklahoma, Norman Campus.

Not me. I've never had too much of a problem with talented Texas HS players
leaving the state for ou (or any other school), especially if they're from
north Texas. In my opinion, there's plenty of talented players to go around,
as has been shown by the fact that tamc has recruited "the pick of the litter"
in recent years, yet there were still plenty for Texas to put together a darn
good team, Saturday's debacle notwithstanding.

I do feel, however, that it may not be in their educational interests to turn
down UT or tamc, both first class universities, in favor of ou. However, edu-
cational considerations are often secondary.

--
Thanx, | "NBC sucks."
Dustin R. Christmann | -- Alexi Lalas

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

In article <walkup.845446788@phyast>,
wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) writes:

>>This will be tough, since they actually believe there
>>is this s00ner magic thing that helps them to win.
>

>Oh there is, it's just run by mostly Texas players. For some reason,
>Sooner fans don't seem to lose any sleep over it. But I bet it bugs
>the Hell out of you though.

The last two recruiting years have done wonders for my sleep :-)

elijah burkins
dante hall
kendrick sanford

all these backs are the types of guys shitzer used to get,
now they're going to BU, A&M, UH, and I love it.

Remember when ou went 7-4 for a few years, and shitzer was
about to get fired?
This just happened to be when SMU was spending a lot of time
in the top 10, what a coincidence (highest bidder wins?)

Now the situation is a little different, Mackovic actually
has some appeal to the black athelete, BU, and A&M are
getting the players ou used to feast on, and you think
that ou will be back, dream on.
Then theres the different academic standards that ou used
to exploit, no more. The future of ou football is bleak,
and it will return to a level more appropriate with the
states talent.

>>Derek
>>Magical leeches
>
>Well, we drained the lifeblood out of Texas this weekend.

we'll see on the 26'th.

Derek
bleak leeches

Deke Arndt

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

Derek J. Castleman wrote:

> In article <326439...@ou.edu>,
> Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:

> >If you're clueless enough to believe that a touchdown is the result
> >of one player's performance, I honestly doubt you ever played the game.
>
> Thanks for clarifying my thoughts for me.
>
> lets see if I can make you understand: my sophomore yr of HS We had
> badass, when badass play, we score TD, when badass no play, we no
> score TD.
>
> This experience sort of made me think that one player can
> make a diff, in fact, all of the diff. He cannot do it on his
> own, but it could be said that if not for him, it wouldn't get done.

Thanks for proving that you never played.

Actually, when you do the math...

1996 OU roster: ~50% Oklahomans
1996 UT roster: ~1% Oklahomans

1996 OU: 30
1996 UT: 27

Seems to me you need a few more Oklahomans on your roster...

Deke

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

In article <540otq$b...@news.cis.okstate.edu>,

j...@a.cs.okstate.edu (John Chandler) writes:
>In article <540icn$5...@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu>,
>Derek J. Castleman <der...@bcm.tmc.edu> wrote:
>>
>>I saw two players that stood out for ou, I bet their both
>>from Texas (8,51).
>
>James Allen is from Oklahoma.

He did pretty well, but a less heralded member of his
recruiting class is in the NFL.

Derek

John Walkup

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:

>In article <326423...@ou.edu>,
> Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:

>>B. Daniels (#8 - Ada, OK) is in the rotation at FL,

>>along with M. McDaniel (#6 - Oklahoma City, OK).

>dont see no TD's fo these boyz, anyone else?

>>Since you botched it so badly, I'll make your whine for you:

>I do take pride in my knowledge of ou athletics (can you feel
>the sarcasm).

>>Jarrail Jackson is number 18, not number 8.

>>He is from Yates HS (Houston, TX).
>>Yes, he was quite impressive. And he is from Texas.
>>

>>Deke

>who said you cant train a s00ner?

>Now for my next trick, I'll make him admit that ou could
>not have won without its Texas players.

>This will be tough, since they actually believe there

>is this s00ner magic thing that helps them to win.

Oh there is, it's just run by mostly Texas players. For some reason,
Sooner fans don't seem to lose any sleep over it. But I bet it bugs
the Hell out of you though.

>Derek

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

In article <326519...@ou.edu>,

Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:
>Derek J. Castleman wrote:
>>
>> In article <326439...@ou.edu>,

>> Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:
>
>> >If you're clueless enough to believe that a touchdown is the result
>> >of one player's performance, I honestly doubt you ever played the game.
>>
>> Thanks for clarifying my thoughts for me.
>>
>> lets see if I can make you understand: my sophomore yr of HS We had
>> badass, when badass play, we score TD, when badass no play, we no
>> score TD.
>>
>> This experience sort of made me think that one player can
>> make a diff, in fact, all of the diff. He cannot do it on his
>> own, but it could be said that if not for him, it wouldn't get done.
>
>Thanks for proving that you never played.

I'll show you my MRI, if you'll show me yours.

And thanks for proving you cant understand simple english.

>Actually, when you do the math...

Theres the starting lineup, scholarship players, and walkons. The
refs have a problem if you exceed the first, and the NCAA has limits
for the last two. There would be no way Texas could fill 50% of
ou's roster, unless Ok is even more pathetic than I had thought.
So the numbers you provide kind of shock me.

FYI: The lone Okie on UT's roster is a
second stringer, and he attended HS in Texas (austin Anderson) up
till his senior year. Of course the poor man will be labeled
an Okie by uninformed people like you for the rest of his life.
At first I thought this was a big win for Mackovic, but as it
turned out, he was a Texan, returning home. Maybe this
is what we should do with all Texas HS players, let them spend
their Senior year up in Ok. Nah, that would be cruel, effective,
but cruel.

A&M has one of these "Okies" too, he grew up in houston, then
attended an Okie HS his senior year (an RB, who might have moved
to DB?).

Derek
This Texas s00ner thing really must be bugging ya'll.

Deke Arndt

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

Derek J. Castleman wrote:

> In article <Pine.SUN.3.90.961015232131.7095A-100000@rossby>,
> Justin Greenfield <jgr...@rossby.metr.uoknor.edu> writes:

> >As was pointed out in another post in this thread:
>

> >WHINING - refers to the Texans' constant lamenting of the migration of a

> >disproportionate percentage of Texas High School football talent into
> >Oklahoma, specifically, the University of Oklahoma, Norman Campus.
>

> Hey greenfield, where did you get the term "disproportionate"
> from. I've only said that a large percentage of ou's starters
> are from Texas. Year in and year out, "only" about 32% of
> Texas elite(75-85) players leave the state. Thats about 1
> full recruiting class leaving the state a year, and most do not
> go to ou. So you have a small number, of a small percentage of
> Texas HS talent dominating ou's starting lineup, this should
> prove that Ok is a weak state indeed.

Actually, when you do the math...

1996 OU roster: ~50% Oklahomans

Gary McManus

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

In article <543hbe$7...@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:
>In article <Pine.SUN.3.90.961015232131.7095A-100000@rossby>,
> Justin Greenfield <jgr...@rossby.metr.uoknor.edu> writes:
>
>>The texas fans are the ones who need a dose of reality. And I think you
>>all saw that reality about your team Saturday. But go ahead and deny it,
>>and keep Mac. It's fine with me. We're not the ones projecting a possible
>>"MNC" at the beginning of this year.
>
>Reality; look at the talent UT has, they should have been
>considered a threat for the MNC. They have played some good teams
>poorly, and have lost, but to sit there and whine that UT had
>no business to talk of a MNC/top 10 finish is stupid greenfield.

Saying "look at the talent..." is the same thing OU did while Gibbs and
Schnellie were here. Have fun with Mackschnellenberger. 2-1-1 is just
the beginning.....

Gary McManus

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

In article <543mc7$d...@frazier.backbone.ou.edu>,

I can see where JM is just like Schnelly, oh yea, damn near
twins. And Schnelly's first/only recruiting class didn't impress
me a whole lot, although jerry jackson, and demon parker look
like keepers.

UT would not have even taken the time to spit on Schnelly, but
the ou fools hired him.

Derek
foolish leeches

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

In article <Pine.SUN.3.90.961015232131.7095A-100000@rossby>,
Justin Greenfield <jgr...@rossby.metr.uoknor.edu> writes:
>On Tue, 15 Oct 1996, King Biggdan and Princess Stephanie wrote:
>
>> Justin Greenfield <swi...@ou.edu> wrote:

>> >And what's even more pathetic is that you lost and continue to whine
>> >about it.

>> I have a honost question. Why is it that Texas fans can't have ANY
>> commentary about the Texas-ou game without it being labeled whining?

>As was pointed out in another post in this thread:

>WHINING - refers to the Texans' constant lamenting of the migration of a
>disproportionate percentage of Texas High School football talent into
>Oklahoma, specifically, the University of Oklahoma, Norman Campus.

Hey greenfield, where did you get the term "disproportionate"
from. I've only said that a large percentage of ou's starters
are from Texas. Year in and year out, "only" about 32% of
Texas elite(75-85) players leave the state. Thats about 1
full recruiting class leaving the state a year, and most do not
go to ou. So you have a small number, of a small percentage of
Texas HS talent dominating ou's starting lineup, this should
prove that Ok is a weak state indeed.

I can only come to one conclusion by the amount of email/followups
that this claim generates, it make you Okies mad.

>perfectly (as a majority of his posts do).

>Lately however, it has taken on a broader meaning and is over-used. But
>in this case, it was used properly.

>This definition ought to be added to the FAQ.

>> Now, I'm married, so I know plenty about whining. To me, whining

>> would be making alot of bogus excuses like complaining about the
>> officiating. Making comments about our observations such as how much
>> Fuente and the ou punt team sucked, about how much the Texas team
>> underachieved, etc., how can that be labeled whining? Isn't labeling
>> it whining just a cop out so that you sooners don't have to face the
>> reality that your team and coach still suck but it just so happened
>> that last saturday our team and coach sucked harder?
>

>No.

>> Hook 'Em,

>> Biggdan (Hey Tuttle, explain to these guys how eventually reality will
>> hit them)

>The texas fans are the ones who need a dose of reality. And I think you

>all saw that reality about your team Saturday. But go ahead and deny it,
>and keep Mac. It's fine with me. We're not the ones projecting a possible
>"MNC" at the beginning of this year.

Reality; look at the talent UT has, they should have been
considered a threat for the MNC. They have played some good teams
poorly, and have lost, but to sit there and whine that UT had
no business to talk of a MNC/top 10 finish is stupid greenfield.

>texas is 1-2-1 in the last 4 years against OU, and those OU teams are without
>a doubt some of the most inferior OU teams ever fielded, not to mention
>coached by THREE different coaches.

>Sooner fans have accepted the reality that we are not a good team and
>will have a losing season. Reality hit us a long time ago.

So a s00ner has realized he is a loser, call the president.

Derek
losing leeches

Justin Greenfield

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

On 16 Oct 1996, Derek J. Castleman wrote:

> In article <walkup.845446788@phyast>,
> wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) writes:
>

> >>This will be tough, since they actually believe there
> >>is this s00ner magic thing that helps them to win.
> >
> >Oh there is, it's just run by mostly Texas players. For some reason,
> >Sooner fans don't seem to lose any sleep over it. But I bet it bugs
> >the Hell out of you though.
>

> The last two recruiting years have done wonders for my sleep :-)
>
> elijah burkins
> dante hall
> kendrick sanford
>
> all these backs are the types of guys shitzer used to get,
> now they're going to BU, A&M, UH, and I love it.
>
> Remember when ou went 7-4 for a few years, and shitzer was
> about to get fired?
> This just happened to be when SMU was spending a lot of time
> in the top 10, what a coincidence (highest bidder wins?)
>
> Now the situation is a little different, Mackovic actually
> has some appeal to the black athelete, BU, and A&M are

What does that no-OU-beating-lip-balm-wearing-wine-sippin-Yankee-girly-man
Mackovic have that would appeal to a black athlete? You're truly
delusional if you think a black athlete will find more to identify with
in Mackovic than Blake, and you're even more delusional if you think that
won't affect recruiting.

> getting the players ou used to feast on, and you think
> that ou will be back, dream on.

You just cant stand it, can you?

> Then theres the different academic standards that ou used
> to exploit, no more. The future of ou football is bleak,
> and it will return to a level more appropriate with the
> states talent.

You just cant stand it, can you?

> >>Derek
> >>Magical leeches
> >
> >Well, we drained the lifeblood out of Texas this weekend.
>

> we'll see on the 26'th.
>
> --
> --
> Derek
> bleak leeches

Justin G.

nyarla...@yuggoth.pluto.com

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

In <5415gn$q...@frazier.backbone.ou.edu>, gmcm...@reepicheep.gcn.uoknor.edu (Gary McManus) writes:
>The reality will hit Texas sometime that it's not underachieving, it's
>just plain "not good".
>
>Gary (but Texas was supposed to win a MNC) McManus

I have been saying this about Michigan for years and the
Wolverweenies never learn either.

I guess some people just can't help but live in the past, :)
John Midtgard

"I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable and I'm not going."

Tennessee(4 in a row) sucks and Georgia(6 in a row) can go to Hell
LSU(9 in a row) swallows and Auburn(18-17!!!) loves Kerwin Bell

Justin Greenfield

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

On 16 Oct 1996, Derek J. Castleman wrote:

> In article <Pine.SUN.3.90.961015232131.7095A-100000@rossby>,
> Justin Greenfield <jgr...@rossby.metr.uoknor.edu> writes:

> >> I have a honost question. Why is it that Texas fans can't have ANY
> >> commentary about the Texas-ou game without it being labeled whining?
>
> >As was pointed out in another post in this thread:
>
> >WHINING - refers to the Texans' constant lamenting of the migration of a
> >disproportionate percentage of Texas High School football talent into
> >Oklahoma, specifically, the University of Oklahoma, Norman Campus.
>
> Hey greenfield, where did you get the term "disproportionate"
> from. I've only said that a large percentage of ou's starters
> are from Texas.

Disproportionate in terms of our lineup, not the total number of D1 texas
players. Thanks for making me clarify this.

> Year in and year out, "only" about 32% of
> Texas elite(75-85) players leave the state. Thats about 1
> full recruiting class leaving the state a year, and most do not
> go to ou.

You misspelled "OU beat about 2/3 of the top texas talent with Oklahoma
talent and << 1/3 of texas elite talent." What does this tell you about
your coaching staff?

> So you have a small number, of a small percentage of
> Texas HS talent dominating ou's starting lineup, this should
> prove that Ok is a weak state indeed.

I think it just says texas is a much stronger state than Oklahoma and is
just a reflection of the huge disparity in population. Oklahoma is not a
HS football hotbed like texas. I don't think anyone here argues that.
And it doesn't bother any damn one of us either...

> I can only come to one conclusion by the amount of email/followups
> that this claim generates, it make you Okies mad.

No, it doesn't make me mad. I'm proud that we have people coming up here
to play football. It's quite funny to see people complain about us
getting texas talent.

> >The texas fans are the ones who need a dose of reality. And I think you
> >all saw that reality about your team Saturday. But go ahead and deny it,
> >and keep Mac. It's fine with me. We're not the ones projecting a possible
> >"MNC" at the beginning of this year.
>
> Reality; look at the talent UT has, they should have been
> considered a threat for the MNC. They have played some good teams
> poorly, and have lost, but to sit there and whine that UT had
> no business to talk of a MNC/top 10 finish is stupid greenfield.

I never said you had no business to talk it. You are exactly right, but
you're missing the point altogether. The reality I spoke of is not that OU
has more talent than utexas. We don't.

You've proven to me that reality still hasn't hit you yet. You should
know by now that there is a reason that your talent has not met its
expectations, and that is the reality I'm talking about.

> >texas is 1-2-1 in the last 4 years against OU, and those OU teams are without
> >a doubt some of the most inferior OU teams ever fielded, not to mention
> >coached by THREE different coaches.
>
> >Sooner fans have accepted the reality that we are not a good team and
> >will have a losing season. Reality hit us a long time ago.
>
> So a s00ner has realized he is a loser, call the president.

Last time I looked, 30 > 27, so looks like you're the loser in this case.

> --
> --
> Derek
> losing leeches

If we get << 1/3 of texas elite talent as you so said above, then how can
we be leeches? You can't have it both ways, Castleman.

Justin G.

Justin Greenfield

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

On 15 Oct 1996, Derek J. Castleman wrote:

> In article <3263D2...@ou.edu>,

> Justin Greenfield <swi...@ou.edu> writes:
> >
> >And what's even more pathetic is that you lost and continue to whine

> ^^^
> Sorry I didn't play, but I have been trying to break god's game down,
> and will report my findings to the UT FB team.
>
> >about it. The stars of the game Fuente
>
> a star among stars......

Truly...

Flashback: 06:10 left in 2nd quarter: Fuente (Tulsa, OK) to
Jackson (Houston, Tx) 8 yard TD pass

Flashback: 06:44 left in 4th quarter: Fuente (Tulsa, OK) to Alexander
(Chickasha, OK) for 2 point conversion to bring the deficit to 3 points.

> --
> --
> Derek
> s00ners = Leeches.

John Walkup

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:

>In article <543mc7$d...@frazier.backbone.ou.edu>,

> gmcm...@reepicheep.gcn.uoknor.edu (Gary McManus) writes:
>>In article <543hbe$7...@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:

>>Saying "look at the talent..." is the same thing OU did while Gibbs and
>>Schnellie were here. Have fun with Mackschnellenberger. 2-1-1 is just
>>the beginning.....

>I can see where JM is just like Schnelly, oh yea, damn near
>twins. And Schnelly's first/only recruiting class didn't impress
>me a whole lot, although jerry jackson, and demon parker look
>like keepers.

>UT would not have even taken the time to spit on Schnelly, but
>the ou fools hired him.

At least we learned our lesson and fired him. Take note.

John

Don Riker

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) wrote:

>In article <walkup.845354904@phyast>,
> wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) writes:
>>dy...@tamu.edu (Bonehead) writes:

>>>in s00001nerland until the NCAA catches up with them.
>>
>>Here comes the whining. It didn't take long. You guys are pathetic.
>>Why don't you take your loss like a man?

>You want to know whats pathetic, its a bunch of Okie shit
>rooting for a bunch of former Texas (the state you okies love
>to hate) HS players, in a stadium thats located in the state
>you scum love to hate. Thats pathetic.

>I saw two players that stood out for ou, I bet their both
>from Texas (8,51).

Lets see, the QB , Fuente is from Oklahoma. The two tailbacks, Allen
and Parker who combined for over 260 yards rushing are from Oklahoma.
The two TEs, Alexander and Freeman who played a part in the game are
from Oklahoma.

Sure , Oklahoma recruits players from Texas and elsewhere. But Texas
also recruits players from Oklahoma, California and anywhere else they
can get them.

Maybe if Texas only signed players from the State of Texas you might
have a point, but until then, just worry about keeping the good
players in state if your so worried about them leaving.

>--
>--
>Derek
>Oklahoma: a garbage ass, no talent, leech of a state.

John Walkup

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:

>In article <326439...@ou.edu>,

>I've known a few Okies that actually take pride in their
>state, and think that the ou, Texas thing proves something.
>This ends when I tell them just what ou is all about.
>Pride, wrong; fighting the good fight, wrong; its just
>some pimp coach, doing whatever it takes to win.

Whine, Exhibit A. "Waaaaaaah, you cheated!!!" (Never mind
that Texas was put on PROBATION in the mid-80s. That's right,
YOU CHEATED.)

>(I remember the ou T-shirts proclaiming them Texas state
>champs, kind of funny when you think they did it using
>a starting lineup made up of MOSTLY Texas HS players)

Well, WE thought it was funny. How did YOU feel?

John

John Walkup

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

dus...@bnr.ca (Dustin Christmann) writes:

>In article <326418...@ou.edu>, Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> wrote:
>>Actually, the "Texas Whine" in it's truest sense was crafted by either

>>Walkup or Dostalik (my apologies to one or both of you), and refers

>>to the Texans' constant lamenting of the migration of a disproportionate
>>percentage of Texas High School football talent into Oklahoma,
>>specifically, the University of Oklahoma, Norman Campus.

>Not me. I've never had too much of a problem with talented Texas HS players

>leaving the state for ou (or any other school), especially if they're from
>north Texas. In my opinion, there's plenty of talented players to go around,
>as has been shown by the fact that tamc has recruited "the pick of the litter"
>in recent years, yet there were still plenty for Texas to put together a darn
>good team, Saturday's debacle notwithstanding.

>I do feel, however, that it may not be in their educational interests to turn
>down UT or tamc, both first class universities, in favor of ou. However, edu-
>cational considerations are often secondary.

If a student desires, he can get just as good an education here (or
any Div. 1A school) as they can at the University of Texas.

John

John Walkup

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:

>In article <walkup.845446788@phyast>,
> wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) writes:

>>>This will be tough, since they actually believe there
>>>is this s00ner magic thing that helps them to win.
>>
>>Oh there is, it's just run by mostly Texas players. For some reason,
>>Sooner fans don't seem to lose any sleep over it. But I bet it bugs
>>the Hell out of you though.

>The last two recruiting years have done wonders for my sleep :-)

You have a strange way of keeping score. Is having mostly Texas talent
on your team considered some sort of moral victory or something? If so,
that sucks.

>elijah burkins
>dante hall
>kendrick sanford

>all these backs are the types of guys shitzer used to get,
>now they're going to BU, A&M, UH, and I love it.

Never heard of them.

>Remember when ou went 7-4 for a few years, and shitzer was
>about to get fired?
>This just happened to be when SMU was spending a lot of time
>in the top 10, what a coincidence (highest bidder wins?)

SMU was projected to win the national title in 1985 with all that
bought Texas talent. OU beat them 35-13.

By the way, which year was it that Texas got nailed by the NCAA for
recruiting violations? It wouldn't happen to be around that time, would
it?

>Now the situation is a little different, Mackovic actually
>has some appeal to the black athelete, BU, and A&M are

Yeah, I bet they look upon him as a real cool cat.

>getting the players ou used to feast on, and you think
>that ou will be back, dream on.

Hey, I got an idea. Why don't you use that recruiting advantage
to beat Oklahoma?

>Then theres the different academic standards that ou used
>to exploit, no more. The future of ou football is bleak,
>and it will return to a level more appropriate with the
>states talent.

Again, we have about 50% of our roster filled with Okies. You
have almost no Okies on your team. We beat you. It looks like
our states' talent is pretty good.

Here's da facts. OU rolls into Dallas with about a 50/50 mix
of Okie and Texas athletes. Texas rolls into town with almost
all Texans. OU beats Texas.

Ergo, OU talent is better than Texas talent.

>>>Derek
>>>Magical leeches
>>
>>Well, we drained the lifeblood out of Texas this weekend.

>we'll see on the 26'th.

Why, is your team having to call upon its big brother (Texas Tech)
to help defend them? Waaaaaah!

John

Deke Arndt

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

Derek J. Castleman wrote:

> In article <326519...@ou.edu>,
> Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:
>
> >Thanks for proving that you never played.
>
> I'll show you my MRI, if you'll show me yours.
>
> And thanks for proving you cant understand simple english.
>
> >Actually, when you do the math...
> >

> Theres the starting lineup, scholarship players, and walkons. The
> refs have a problem if you exceed the first, and the NCAA has limits
> for the last two. There would be no way Texas could fill 50% of
> ou's roster, unless Ok is even more pathetic than I had thought.
> So the numbers you provide kind of shock me.
>
> FYI: The lone Okie on UT's roster is a
> second stringer, and he attended HS in Texas (austin Anderson) up
> till his senior year. Of course the poor man will be labeled
> an Okie by uninformed people like you for the rest of his life.
> At first I thought this was a big win for Mackovic, but as it
> turned out, he was a Texan, returning home. Maybe this
> is what we should do with all Texas HS players, let them spend
> their Senior year up in Ok. Nah, that would be cruel, effective,
> but cruel.
>
> A&M has one of these "Okies" too, he grew up in houston, then
> attended an Okie HS his senior year (an RB, who might have moved
> to DB?).
>
> --
> --
> Derek
> This Texas s00ner thing really must be bugging ya'll.

Not nearly as much as this OU > UT thing is bugging you.

Go find a moral victory somewhere, whiner.

Gary McManus

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

>From: der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman)

> wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) writes:
>

>>Oh there is, it's just run by mostly Texas players. For some reason,
>>Sooner fans don't seem to lose any sleep over it. But I bet it bugs
>>the Hell out of you though.
>
>The last two recruiting years have done wonders for my sleep :-)

Maybe, but the thought of Mackschnellenberger being there for 10 more
years must liquify your bowels.

>elijah burkins
>dante hall
>kendrick sanford
>
>all these backs are the types of guys shitzer used to get,
>now they're going to BU, A&M, UH, and I love it.
>

>Remember when ou went 7-4 for a few years, and shitzer was
>about to get fired?
>This just happened to be when SMU was spending a lot of time
>in the top 10, what a coincidence (highest bidder wins?)
>

>Now the situation is a little different, Mackovic actually
>has some appeal to the black athelete, BU, and A&M are

Hey, good one. "All the wine and lip-balm you can use,
fellas"....or...."Hey guys, let's go play for Cerebro, the Wooden Man".

Gary McManus

Gary McManus

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

He could drink a helluva lot of wine, though.

Gary McManus

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <Pine.SUN.3.90.961016194017.1399A-100000@rossby>,

Justin Greenfield <jgr...@rossby.metr.uoknor.edu> writes:
>You misspelled "OU beat about 2/3 of the top texas talent with Oklahoma
>talent and << 1/3 of texas elite talent." What does this tell you about
>your coaching staff?

if only this were true Greenfield, there are 10 1-A schools in Texas.
The slightly more than 2/3 blue/near blue chip that stay, are spread
out amongst them (and do I have to remind you that your only 1-1 against
Texas schools). Some even go to non 1-A's, and of course there
are the non-quals (they used to be able to go to big 8 schools, and
just sit out a year, that has changed though :-) ). If not for
the out of state players that Mackovic has recruited, UT would
be in bigger trouble than they are.

Florida has had only 3 1-A schools, a 4th is coming on line,
and look at the success they have had. This is the reason I
like the Big12, it gives the local kids a clearer view of
bigtime, and not so bigtime FB. This will help the 4 big12
Texas schools to concentrate talent, and will help them
bring in nonTexas talent (do unto others). There weren't
too many california FB players that wanted to be part of
the old SWC.

My biggest problem with ou is that they cheat, or used to. Gibbs
seemed to actually clean the program up. He didn't let them
rape, and pillage, and I dont think he gave them sumptin extra
to come to ou. I'm afraid that Flake may go back to the
shitzer style of recruiting. Thats where that comment about
him "being a religous man may be a good thing" came from. A man
of true religous convictions would never act like that scumbag
shitzer.

>You've proven to me that reality still hasn't hit you yet. You should
>know by now that there is a reason that your talent has not met its
>expectations, and that is the reality I'm talking about.

I think the head coach is one of the top coaches in 1-A,
I think his choice of DC's leaves a lot to be desired.
I also think that UT has a huge weakness at LB.
This is my perception of reality, and I think most people
who dont hate everthing Texas, would agree with it.

>If we get << 1/3 of texas elite talent as you so said above, then how can
>we be leeches? You can't have it both ways, Castleman.

I'm not a leechologist, but I think they just suck you dry
slowly, early Feb. seems to be their time of highest activity.

Derek
Lets see how the leeches do, under SWC recruiting rules :-)

King Biggdan and Princess Stephanie

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) wrote:

>Hey, I got an idea. Why don't you use that recruiting advantage
>to beat Oklahoma?

You mean like we have five out of the last eight?

Or maybe you mean like we have 52 times out of the last 91?

ou could beat Texas every year from now until the year 2014 and we'd
still lead the series.

Hook 'Em,

Biggdan (two victories in eight years and you'd think they were
goober)

King Biggdan and Princess Stephanie

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

Justin Greenfield <jgr...@rossby.metr.uoknor.edu> wrote:

>What does that no-OU-beating-lip-balm-wearing-wine-sippin-Yankee-girly-man
>Mackovic have that would appeal to a black athlete? You're truly
>delusional if you think a black athlete will find more to identify with
>in Mackovic than Blake, and you're even more delusional if you think that
>won't affect recruiting.

It might affect recruiting, especially if the black players prefer
racist coaches, but not as much as going 1-10 will affect recruiting.

Hook 'Em,

Biggdan (s00001000000er nation!)

John Walkup

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:

>>Actually, when you do the math...

>Theres the starting lineup, scholarship players, and walkons. The
>refs have a problem if you exceed the first, and the NCAA has limits
>for the last two. There would be no way Texas could fill 50% of
>ou's roster, unless Ok is even more pathetic than I had thought.
>So the numbers you provide kind of shock me.

The numbers that shock me are 30-27. That's the score OU (with
a bunch of Okies) beat up a Texas team filled with Texans.

>FYI: The lone Okie on UT's roster is a
>second stringer, and he attended HS in Texas (austin Anderson) up
>till his senior year. Of course the poor man will be labeled
>an Okie by uninformed people like you for the rest of his life.
>At first I thought this was a big win for Mackovic, but as it
>turned out, he was a Texan, returning home. Maybe this
>is what we should do with all Texas HS players, let them spend
>their Senior year up in Ok. Nah, that would be cruel, effective,
>but cruel.

Actually, many of them spend their college careers in Oklahoma.

John

Deke Arndt

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

King Biggdan and Princess Stephanie wrote:

> wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) wrote:
>
> >Hey, I got an idea. Why don't you use that recruiting advantage
> >to beat Oklahoma?
>
> You mean like we have five out of the last eight?
>
> Or maybe you mean like we have 52 times out of the last 91?
>
> ou could beat Texas every year from now until the year 2014 and we'd
> still lead the series.

Then again, if a guy's banging another guy's wife, the outcast
hubby doesn't stand around and crow about how he's banged her more,
historically speaking.

Deke

(Same argument can be applied to the Texas Whine, by the way)

John Walkup

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:

>In article <Pine.SUN.3.90.961016194017.1399A-100000@rossby>,
> Justin Greenfield <jgr...@rossby.metr.uoknor.edu> writes:
>>You misspelled "OU beat about 2/3 of the top texas talent with Oklahoma
>>talent and << 1/3 of texas elite talent." What does this tell you about
>>your coaching staff?

>Florida has had only 3 1-A schools, a 4th is coming on line,

>and look at the success they have had. This is the reason I
>like the Big12, it gives the local kids a clearer view of
>bigtime, and not so bigtime FB. This will help the 4 big12
>Texas schools to concentrate talent, and will help them
>bring in nonTexas talent (do unto others). There weren't
>too many california FB players that wanted to be part of
>the old SWC.

>My biggest problem with ou is that they cheat, or used to. Gibbs

If you are a Texas fan or a Texas A&M fan you are a hypocrite.
Both schools were put on probation in the 80s.

blabbering about Switzer deleted.

>>You've proven to me that reality still hasn't hit you yet. You should
>>know by now that there is a reason that your talent has not met its
>>expectations, and that is the reality I'm talking about.

>I think the head coach is one of the top coaches in 1-A,

He's 3-3, with all wins coming against cupcakes. He has had plenty
of time to develop a program, and he hasn't even come close.

>I think his choice of DC's leaves a lot to be desired.

One of the biggest jobs a coach has is picking the right personnell.
In fact, it may be THE biggest.

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <walkup.845523027@phyast>,

wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) writes:
>der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:

>>The last two recruiting years have done wonders for my sleep :-)

o simple one, this is in reference to ou's pathetic recruiting
vis a vis Texas (aaaaahhhhh, thats what he meant).

>You have a strange way of keeping score. Is having mostly Texas talent
>on your team considered some sort of moral victory or something? If so,
>that sucks.
>

>>elijah burkins
>>dante hall
>>kendrick sanford
>
>>all these backs are the types of guys shitzer used to get,
>>now they're going to BU, A&M, UH, and I love it.
>

>Never heard of them.

UH has a better record than ou because of sanford.
burkins was the #1 back in Texas by most services.
hall has hit the 100 yrd mark once, and had a punt
return for a TD last week.
its a good thing you haven't heard of them, if you had
they would probably be leeches^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hs00ners.

>>Remember when ou went 7-4 for a few years, and shitzer was
>>about to get fired?
>>This just happened to be when SMU was spending a lot of time
>>in the top 10, what a coincidence (highest bidder wins?)
>

>SMU was projected to win the national title in 1985 with all that
>bought Texas talent. OU beat them 35-13.

the s00ner picks one year, isn't that CUTE.

>By the way, which year was it that Texas got nailed by the NCAA for
>recruiting violations? It wouldn't happen to be around that time, would
>it?

I believe it had to do with players on the roster doing stupid
things, that the NCAA didn't approve of.

>>Then theres the different academic standards that ou used
>>to exploit, no more. The future of ou football is bleak,
>>and it will return to a level more appropriate with the
>>states talent.

>Here's da facts. OU rolls into Dallas with about a 50/50 mix

>of Okie and Texas athletes. Texas rolls into town with almost
>all Texans. OU beats Texas.
>
>Ergo, OU talent is better than Texas talent.

Ergo you dont think so well AND your 1-4, 1-7 (last eight).
Look at your starting lineup o simple one.....

and whats really
sad is, I'm not worried about ou now, they haven't done shit
in recruiting down here for ~ 4 years now. You may be making
the mistake that I'm only talking of the current s00ners. No
I actually dont mind the current s00ners, they have been recruiting
Texas about as well as they've been playing lately. Flake
did nothing last year to tell me that this will change anytime
s00n.

scrubs, and walkons will always be Okies, its the
ones starting, and the ones with the ships that count.
And the ones you've been getting of late, aren't as good
as in the past.

Derek
actually, you're has been leeches

Greg Begay

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

Derek wrote:
> My biggest problem with ou is that they cheat, or used to. Gibbs
> seemed to actually clean the program up. He didn't let them
> rape, and pillage, and I dont think he gave them sumptin extra
> to come to ou. I'm afraid that Flake may go back to the
> shitzer style of recruiting. Thats where that comment about
> him "being a religous man may be a good thing" came from. A man
> of true religous convictions would never act like that scumbag
> shitzer.

Derek - this has sour grapes written all over it. Texas can't
beat the worse OU teams in modern history - so that means
we cheated?!? Or because we recruit texas talent?!?. Keep
thinking that if it makes you feel better.

--
Greg Begay - be...@gr.hp.com

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <3265AE...@ou.edu>,
Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:
>Derek J. Castleman wrote:

>Go find a moral victory somewhere, whiner.

What would a s00ner know about morality, prick.

Derek
prickly leeches

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <Pine.SUN.3.90.961016230836.4330A-100000@rossby>,
Justin Greenfield <jgr...@rossby.metr.uoknor.edu> writes:

>On 16 Oct 1996, Derek J. Castleman wrote:

>What does that no-OU-beating-lip-balm-wearing-wine-sippin-Yankee-girly-man

I drink beer, and if my lips are dry, I take the oil from my
nose, and smear it on, this is what a real man does.
That, and holding one nostril shut, and blowing the snot
outa the other. JM just happens to be a little civilized,
and he has beatin ou, big deal, so has osu, ksu, ku, nu, cu tcu tu....

>Mackovic have that would appeal to a black athlete? You're truly
>delusional if you think a black athlete will find more to identify with
>in Mackovic than Blake, and you're even more delusional if you think that
>won't affect recruiting.

Greenfeld, you really shouldn't try to think so hard, its really
quite simple. I said that "Mackovic actually has some appeal
to the black athelete" where the hell does it say that he
has more appeal than Flake, damn you s00ners aren't worth
talking to. Its actually a luke warm "compliment", and was
meant to be a bit of a slam against former UT coaches (I give up).

>> Then theres the different academic standards that ou used
>> to exploit, no more. The future of ou football is bleak,
>> and it will return to a level more appropriate with the
>> states talent.
>

>You just cant stand it, can you?

go with "oh yeah!" it has little more impact.

Derek
cant stand leeches

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <Pine.SUN.3.90.961016202242.1918A-100000@rossby>,

I once mowed two lawns in one day, am I a star?
Hell, Zeke could have thrown those two passes, it
was the ones over 10 yards that he was having trouble with.
And you forgot to mention the assist to tyson queen, he picked Humphrey
off the ou TE, that was pretty funny. (at least jackson beat his
man one on one).

Derek

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <544j2r$5...@frazier.backbone.ou.edu>,

gmcm...@reepicheep.gcn.uoknor.edu (Gary McManus) writes:
>>From: der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman)

>>>Oh there is, it's just run by mostly Texas players. For some reason,

>>>Sooner fans don't seem to lose any sleep over it. But I bet it bugs
>>>the Hell out of you though.

>>The last two recruiting years have done wonders for my sleep :-)

Also, I was talking of ou's recruiting of Tx, not UT's (I think you
understood that).

>Maybe, but the thought of Mackschnellenberger being there for 10 more
>years must liquify your bowels.

I like JM, I think he has a great Off. strategy (your not the
wishbone'r are you?), and he can recruit a complete team (OK,
his LB's may be a little weak, but he did get the #1 LB in TX
3 years ago, too bad the boy was dumb as stick).

>>Now the situation is a little different, Mackovic actually
>>has some appeal to the black athelete, BU, and A&M are
>
>Hey, good one. "All the wine and lip-balm you can use,
>fellas"....or...."Hey guys, let's go play for Cerebro, the Wooden Man".

See, now you're starting to understand, of course, UT does recruit
a different kind of athelete than ou though.

Derek

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <01bbbc4d$198d3990$699a260f@hpgrbeg>,
"Greg Begay" <be...@gr.hp.com> writes:

>Greg Begay - be...@gr.hp.com
^^^^^

cute Arndt.

Derek

Steve Miller

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <326668...@ou.edu>, dar...@ou.edu says...

<snip>

>Deke
>
>(Same argument can be applied to the Texas Whine, by the way)

I TOLD you, Texas has some really good wines---oh, sorry again.

Later,
Steve

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <walkup.845572352@phyast>,

wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) writes:
>der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:
>
>>In article <Pine.SUN.3.90.961016194017.1399A-100000@rossby>,

>>My biggest problem with ou is that they cheat, or used to. Gibbs
>

>If you are a Texas fan or a Texas A&M fan you are a hypocrite.
>Both schools were put on probation in the 80s.

Shitzer makes sherrill look like a choir boy, one of these two boyz would
be beaten to death if he returned, the other hugged (do ya get it?).

>>I think the head coach is one of the top coaches in 1-A,
>
>He's 3-3, with all wins coming against cupcakes. He has had plenty
>of time to develop a program, and he hasn't even come close.

we already know there is a problem, he lost to a cup cake last week,
this isn't in question. But to say the program isn't there, thats
stupid.

>>I think his choice of DC's leaves a lot to be desired.
>
>One of the biggest jobs a coach has is picking the right personnell.
>In fact, it may be THE biggest.

It isn't.

Derek

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <walkup.845572015@phyast>,

wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) writes:
>der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:

>>Theres the starting lineup, scholarship players, and walkons. The
>>refs have a problem if you exceed the first, and the NCAA has limits
>>for the last two. There would be no way Texas could fill 50% of
>>ou's roster, unless Ok is even more pathetic than I had thought.
>>So the numbers you provide kind of shock me.
>
>The numbers that shock me are 30-27. That's the score OU (with
>a bunch of Okies) beat up a Texas team filled with Texans.

there probably were enough of them to fill one side of the ball,
but then you have said that this ou team stinks, didn't ya?

I'd like to see what would happen if UT-ou played, say 91 times.

>>FYI: The lone Okie on UT's roster is a
>>second stringer, and he attended HS in Texas (austin Anderson) up
>>till his senior year. Of course the poor man will be labeled
>>an Okie by uninformed people like you for the rest of his life.
>>At first I thought this was a big win for Mackovic, but as it
>>turned out, he was a Texan, returning home. Maybe this
>>is what we should do with all Texas HS players, let them spend
>>their Senior year up in Ok. Nah, that would be cruel, effective,
>>but cruel.
>
>Actually, many of them spend their college careers in Oklahoma.

transfering can be a very stupid move, like I said, let them
spend their senior year of HS up there, and they'll walkon to
a Texas school if they have to.

Derek

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <326668...@ou.edu>,

Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:
>King Biggdan and Princess Stephanie wrote:
>>
>> wal...@phyast.nhn.uoknor.edu (John Walkup) wrote:
>>
>> >Hey, I got an idea. Why don't you use that recruiting advantage
>> >to beat Oklahoma?
>>
>> You mean like we have five out of the last eight?
>>
>> Or maybe you mean like we have 52 times out of the last 91?
>>
>> ou could beat Texas every year from now until the year 2014 and we'd
>> still lead the series.
>
>Then again, if a guy's banging another guy's wife, the outcast
>hubby doesn't stand around and crow about how he's banged her more,
>historically speaking.

No, the Texan would shoot the okie for raping his wife.

is this post like your other awesome post:

"would your mother piss on a tree, after it has burned down."

????????

Derek
strange leeches

Gary McManus

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <545v1f$d...@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:
>In article <544j2r$5...@frazier.backbone.ou.edu>,
> gmcm...@reepicheep.gcn.uoknor.edu (Gary McManus) writes:
>>>From: der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman)

>>>The last two recruiting years have done wonders for my sleep :-)
>
>Also, I was talking of ou's recruiting of Tx, not UT's (I think you
>understood that).

OU hasn't recruited Texas well the last 2 years. We'll see how Blake
does with a full year to recruit, instead of 1 month like the last 2
years.

>>Maybe, but the thought of Mackschnellenberger being there for 10 more
>>years must liquify your bowels.
>
>I like JM, I think he has a great Off. strategy (your not the
>wishbone'r are you?), and he can recruit a complete team (OK,

Right. "Williams has too many rushing yards...we had better pass more!"

>his LB's may be a little weak, but he did get the #1 LB in TX

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You misspelled "suck shit".

>3 years ago, too bad the boy was dumb as stick).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QUOTING FROM BELOW:

>"See, now you're starting to understand, of course, UT does recruit
>a different kind of athelete than ou though."

HELP, I'VE SAID SOMETHING STUPID AND CAN'T GET UP!!!!

>>>Now the situation is a little different, Mackovic actually
>>>has some appeal to the black athelete, BU, and A&M are
>>
>>Hey, good one. "All the wine and lip-balm you can use,
>>fellas"....or...."Hey guys, let's go play for Cerebro, the Wooden Man".
>
>See, now you're starting to understand, of course, UT does recruit
>a different kind of athelete than ou though.

I forgot. UT recruits guys over 30 who don't have any eligibility left.

Gary McManus

Gary McManus

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <5463t6$d...@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:
>In article <326667...@ou.edu>,

> Deke Arndt <dar...@ou.edu> writes:
>>King Biggdan and Princess Stephanie wrote:

>>> It might affect recruiting, especially if the black players prefer
>>> racist coaches, but not as much as going 1-10 will affect recruiting.
>>>
>>> Hook 'Em,
>>>
>>> Biggdan
>>
>>Well, you've already won two or three, so don't worry about that.
>
>might Deke to s00ner to human translator croaked on this one,
>anyone get a complete parse?

Overfishing is illegal, Deke.

Gary McManus

Deke Arndt

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <54631e$9...@frazier.backbone.ou.edu>,
gmcm...@reepicheep.gcn.uoknor.edu (Gary McManus) writes:
>In article <545sur$d...@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:

>What would a prick know about Sooners, Captain Fellatio??
Well, what do you know?

MCManus, do you get a discount on the film, if you mention its name???

Derek
porno leeches

David L. Crow

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

dus...@bnr.ca (Dustin Christmann) writes:
>I do feel, however, that it may not be in their educational interests to turn
>down UT or tamc, both first class universities, in favor of ou. However, edu-
>cational considerations are often secondary.

In the past, the choice of OU sometimes was because of educational
interests. However, now that a Big XII team only gets one non-
qualifier, that won't happen as much.
--
------ Texas! It's like a whole other country. ------
David L. Crow http://www.cactus.org/~crow/

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <5462f0$a...@tilde.csc.ti.com>,

smi...@madvax.mo.ti.com (Steve Miller) writes:
>In article <326668...@ou.edu>, dar...@ou.edu says...
>
><snip>
>>
>>Deke
>>
>>(Same argument can be applied to the Texas Whine, by the way)

HEY! can other people read these things?!?!?!?

Derek

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <5462qa$9...@frazier.backbone.ou.edu>,
gmcm...@reepicheep.gcn.uoknor.edu (Gary McManus) writes:
>In article <545v1f$d...@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:

>>Also, I was talking of ou's recruiting of Tx, not UT's (I think you
>>understood that).
>>

>OU hasn't recruited Texas well the last 2 years. We'll see how Blake
>does with a full year to recruit, instead of 1 month like the last 2
>years.

ou's drought is more like 3-4 years. Mackovic had just under 1 month
to recruit his first class.
name AAS-rank
Adams 8
Pinknee
Morense 1
Holmes
Niel 5
Hickerson 21
King
Jackson
Danaher 49

that could be 4 pros.
hickerson/danaher dont start, but they were highly rated.

>>I like JM, I think he has a great Off. strategy (your not the
>>wishbone'r are you?), and he can recruit a complete team (OK,
>
>Right. "Williams has too many rushing yards...we had better pass more!"
>
>>his LB's may be a little weak, but he did get the #1 LB in TX
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>You misspelled "suck shit".

mind reader.

>>3 years ago, too bad the boy was dumb as stick).
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>QUOTING FROM BELOW:
>
>>"See, now you're starting to understand, of course, UT does recruit
>>a different kind of athelete than ou though."
>>

>HELP, I'VE SAID SOMETHING STUPID AND CAN'T GET UP!!!!

He could have been a honor student at *ou*!s!t!u!p!i!d!

and anytime you want to compare UT's and ou's recruiting classes
for nonqual's, and partial qual's...
and anytime you want to compare UT's and ou's classes for time
served (state, fed., local; your choice MacManus)....

>I forgot. UT recruits guys over 30 who don't have any eligibility left.

The boy, I mean man, was charged, not UT.

Derek
Can I help you up McLeech

Gary McManus

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <5467t8$d...@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:
>In article <54631e$9...@frazier.backbone.ou.edu>,

> gmcm...@reepicheep.gcn.uoknor.edu (Gary McManus) writes:
>>In article <545sur$d...@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:
>
>>What would a prick know about Sooners, Captain Fellatio??
>
>MCManus, do you get a discount on the film, if you mention its name???

<translated>

{snicker} "Mommy, him call me bad name...waaaahhhh. Me fink up sumtin'
to say back"

How much of a Darrel K. Royalty do you get for each showing?

Gary McManus

Greg Begay

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

> >>The last two recruiting years have done wonders for my sleep :-)
>

> o simple one, this is in reference to ou's pathetic recruiting
> vis a vis Texas (aaaaahhhhh, thats what he meant).
>
> >You have a strange way of keeping score. Is having mostly Texas talent
> >on your team considered some sort of moral victory or something? If so,
> >that sucks.

Derek - the "we have mostly texas talent" argument is SOUR GRAPES.
Who cares where your talent came from - ut LOST!

> >>elijah burkins
> >>dante hall
> >>kendrick sanford
> >
> >>all these backs are the types of guys shitzer used to get,
> >>now they're going to BU, A&M, UH, and I love it.

WHO CARES!?! Who cares where your talent came
from - ut LOST!

> UH has a better record than ou because of sanford.
> burkins was the #1 back in Texas by most services.
> hall has hit the 100 yrd mark once, and had a punt
> return for a TD last week.
> its a good thing you haven't heard of them, if you had
> they would probably be leeches^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hs00ners.

What does UH's record have to do with OU beating texas
last week. SOUR GRAPES!!!!

Why don't you find out where ALL the non-OU texas players
went and post here how they and their team are doing.
There'd be no point to doing that but maybe it will make
you feel a little better.

> I believe it had to do with players on the roster doing stupid
> things, that the NCAA didn't approve of

Ah, OK, so when OU players do stupid things the NCAA doesn't
approve of it's cheating, but when UT players do stupid things,
its *not* cheating?!?!

SOUR GRAPES!!

> and whats really
> sad is, I'm not worried about ou now, they haven't done shit
> in recruiting down here for ~ 4 years now. You may be making
> the mistake that I'm only talking of the current s00ners. No
> I actually dont mind the current s00ners, they have been recruiting
> Texas about as well as they've been playing lately. Flake
> did nothing last year to tell me that this will change anytime
> s00n.

Keep telling yourself that! I'm sure it'll helps you to feel
better.

> scrubs, and walkons will always be Okies, its the
> ones starting, and the ones with the ships that count.
> And the ones you've been getting of late, aren't as good
> as in the past.

More SOUR GRAPES!!!

> --
> --
> Derek
> actually, you're has been leeches

"has been leeches" OU - 30
"Mostly from" texas - 27

Greg Begay

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

Derek "Sour Grapes" Castleman <der...@bcm.tmc.edu> wrote in article

> Greenfeld, you really shouldn't try to think so hard, its really
> quite simple. I said that "Mackovic actually has some appeal
> to the black athelete" where the hell does it say that he
> has more appeal than Flake, damn you s00ners aren't worth
> talking to. Its actually a luke warm "compliment", and was
> meant to be a bit of a slam against former UT coaches (I give up).

And you've been really thinking hard lately to stretch for
your excuses:
1. OU Cheating a long time ago caused ut loss
2. OU recruits texas players cases ut to lose
3. <Insert pointless Sour Grapes whine here>

> >> Then theres the different academic standards that ou used
> >> to exploit, no more. The future of ou football is bleak,
> >> and it will return to a level more appropriate with the
> >> states talent.

Is this a new whine? I'll add it to your list of whining
excuses:
1. OU Cheating a long time ago caused ut loss
2. OU recruits texas players causes ut to lose
3. OU academic standards caused ut to lose
4. <What's next? I can hardley wait!>

> >You just cant stand it, can you?
>
> go with "oh yeah!" it has little more impact.

About as much impact as your lame sour grape excuses.

> --
> --
> Derek
> cant stand leeches

I thought we were "has been" leeches? Please
keep your whining excuses straight.

--
Greg Begay
Cheeting Leech, (aka OU) - class of 83. <- back in 83 we

Derek J. Castleman

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <546asm$h...@frazier.backbone.ou.edu>,

gmcm...@reepicheep.gcn.uoknor.edu (Gary McManus) writes:
>In article <5467t8$d...@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:
>>In article <54631e$9...@frazier.backbone.ou.edu>,
>> gmcm...@reepicheep.gcn.uoknor.edu (Gary McManus) writes:
>>>In article <545sur$d...@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> der...@bcm.tmc.edu (Derek J. Castleman) writes:
>>
>>>What would a prick know about Sooners, Captain Fellatio??
>>Well, what do you know?

>>MCManus, do you get a discount on the film, if you mention its name???

>{snicker} "Mommy, him call me bad name...waaaahhhh. Me fink up sumtin'
>to say back"

Its nice of you to share your thoughts with us, now go home, watch your
movie, and let that old s00ner magic fly.

>How much of a Darrel K. Royalty do you get for each showing?

He was a s00ner, so it couldn't be too much.

Derek

It is loading more messages.