Football envy poll

Vijay Ramanujan

Aug 5, 2003, 3:07:28 PM8/5/03
Poll question:

Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the following
schools in terms of how much you respect their football program and
what it's accomplished over your lifetime (all things considered:
wins, titles, players, probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in
whatever balance you see fit).

Ohio State
Miami of Florida
Oklahoma
Florida State
Tennessee
Michigan
Nebraska
Florida
Penn State
Auburn
Alabama
Washington
Notre Dame
Penn State

Vijay R.

Chris Mihos

Aug 5, 2003, 3:09:26 PM8/5/03

looking at this list makes me feel unclean.

and i bet penn state splits its own vote.

--
chris
rsfc's four of hearts

Scott I. Ferrell-Seven of Hearts

Aug 5, 2003, 3:15:40 PM8/5/03

Penn State
Ohio State
Tennessee
Fucking Irish
Washington
Florida
Auburn
Nebraska
Florida State
Miami
Death Penalty U.

And you listed Penn State twice

SIF

Mike Dahmus

Aug 5, 2003, 3:30:55 PM8/5/03
On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 19:15:40 GMT, "Scott I. Ferrell-Seven of Hearts"
<lordr...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>And you listed Penn State twice

The first one was the Penn State campus in Philadelphia which has a
team in the Ivy League.

---
Mike Dahmus
m dah mus @ at @ io.com

rich hammett

Aug 5, 2003, 3:32:22 PM8/5/03
Sen jälkeen, kun Perry Mason oli pahoinpidellyt
häntä, Vijay Ramanujan yllätti tuomarin todistamalla:
> Poll question:

> Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the following
> schools in terms of how much you respect their football program and
> what it's accomplished over your lifetime (all things considered:
> wins, titles, players, probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in
> whatever balance you see fit).

[Did I have to delete Penn State TWICE?]

> Miami of Florida
Apparently built a clean, winning program on the
ashes of a dirty, winning program.
> Oklahoma
Dude, they win games, and they don't even have
an offense playbook!
> Florida State
I'm just forced to include them. Thuggi$hne$$
almost rules them out.
> Tennessee
Best Second Fiddle in the country.
> Florida
BallCoach is first fiddle. Goats a plus.

HONORABLE MENTION:

ALADAMNBAMA: in my lifetime, have nearly managed
to destroy the legacy of the coach that the
coaching award is named after. Twenty years of
lies, deceit,, cheetin, and slave trading.

On second thought, maybe the legacy's alive and well.

rich

--
-to reply, it's hot not warm
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

jbird

Aug 5, 2003, 3:34:14 PM8/5/03

wither the pac 10? Given this list alone:

1) Auburn: did much in the shadow of the tide; I can relate to their
success
2) Oklahoma: they were it when I was a kid, and still manage to be up
there with all those players from Texas
3) Michigan: even with tcos their tradition is fundamental with
relatively minor dirty tricks (should not be penalized for bouncyball
($1)
4) Nebraska: even though their in a down cycle they've always been up
there and relatively clean
5) Tennessee: I don't know why exactly but I don't think the other
schools on the list stack up in the overall equation of success on the
field, clean program, consistency, tough schedule and tradition.

PP PP
PP PP PP tt tt
PP PP PP tt tt
PP PP tttttt ttttttt
PP PP ii ttt ttt
PP ii ii it tt tt tt tt
PP iii iii ttt tt

marty mcmahone

Aug 5, 2003, 3:35:07 PM8/5/03

"Vijay Ramanujan" <vij...@cybernex.net> wrote in message

> Poll question:
>
> Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the following
> schools in terms of how much you respect their football program and
> what it's accomplished over your lifetime (all things considered:
> wins, titles, players, probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in
> whatever balance you see fit).

This is rather hard to do, lots of reasons to respect/disrespect most of
these schools. FSU not included since they are my team as long as not
playing an alma-mater.

Top:
Nebraska -- One of first games I remember seeing was the Game of the
Century. Long term consistency, absolute dominance in the mid-90s
Notre Dame -- As much as I want to hate them, I like their strong sense of
tradition. A few down years, but a lot of upside.
Michigan -- Didn't want to put them here, but consistency and a clean
program raises them up in the respect department. I do think they
benefitted from a weak Big 10 during some long stretches.

Middle of the pack:
Penn St. -- Boring, but a winner.
Alabama -- When they win, it's with smash-mouth football. Last five years
drops them several spots
Tennessee -- Mostly a bridesmaid, but consistent and often exciting to
watch. Like Auburn, whines too much about Alabama
Washington -- see Penn St.

Bottom:
Florida -- Once was a fan, got tired of the cheating. Too much dependent on
Spurrier to really be highly rated.
Miami of Florida -- My bias is too high to be fair to them, but the thug
period was pretty bad. Plus, they weren't any good at all for a large part
of my football watching life (1-AA La. Tech played them to a 6-3 standstill
back in the early 80s, and we weren't even a good 1-AA team that year)
Oklahoma -- Great team during the Switzer years, but hated them and didn't
respect them. Very good/great again, but hard to get over the fact they are
OU
Auburn -- Too much whining about Alabama.
Ohio St. -- Dropped off significantly after Woody. One good year back
doesn't rescue them.

Marty

Dennis

Aug 5, 2003, 3:53:00 PM8/5/03
vij...@cybernex.net (Vijay Ramanujan) startled small woodland
creatures when they said:

>Poll question:
>
>Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the following
>schools in terms of how much you respect their football program and
>what it's accomplished over your lifetime (all things considered:
>wins, titles, players, probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in
>whatever balance you see fit).
>
>Ohio State

they got a NUT for a mascot 'Nuff said

Oklahoma
Sooners? usually decent too bad they don't pick big televen schools
for OOC schedule.

>Florida State
Decent program, Bowden is a good coach, RUTSES too much though.

>Tennessee
one of the few things in that state I have any inkling to like.

>Michigan
I like them except when they play Wisconsin or Purdue.

>Nebraska
Dr. Tom will be missed.

>Florida
I'm Indifferent to the Gators...

>Penn State
I had respect for Joe Pa's Boys, then they started thier decline...
still Jo Pa Is a class act who makes sure his players do the same on
and off the field.

>Auburn
I never knew where Auburn was until I started reading here... Sue
Me...

>Alabama
Bear was dirty and the questions still keep popping up...

>Washington
decent school, Don't know much about the program there...

>Notre Dame
Over rated....

>Penn State
Deja Vu....

>Vijay R.
hmm some tell me he';s a cool dude, never heard anyone flame him so
I'll send some props to him even though it appears he has alzheimer's
for listing PSU twice...

"education is the progressive discovery of our own ignorance" --Will Durant
"people who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to " Jerry Seinfeld
"if we don't have a sense of humor, we can't have a sense of perspective --Wayne Thiboux

Bill Lang

Aug 5, 2003, 3:53:32 PM8/5/03
Vijay Ramanujan, Shoot straight you bastard, don't make a mess of
it!

> Poll question:
>
> Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the
> following schools in terms of how much you respect their
> football program and what it's accomplished over your lifetime
> (all things considered: wins, titles, players, probations,
> priorities, thugs ... whatever, in whatever balance you see
> fit).
>

> Miami of Florida
> Oklahoma
> Michigan
> Penn State

My criteria is pretty vague. It was more of a gut feeling thing.
Basically, it boiled down to "Would I be embarassed to be a fan of
these schools?" I actually own and wear some clothing from one of
the schools on this list.

--
mutt

Stay tuned at halftime for non-stop
frisbee-dog action.

Clockwork Orange

Aug 5, 2003, 4:19:05 PM8/5/03
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea, "marty mcmahone"
<mmcma...@hot.rr.com>?

You mispled...

SUCKS:
Penn State

--
Cheers,
--Jeff

Read the FAQ. It was wrote for idots like yew.
http://www.rsfckers.com/faq.htm

Aaron C Borgman

Aug 5, 2003, 4:15:30 PM8/5/03

> Vijay R.

Nebraska
Florida State
Penn State
Notre Dame
Washington

--
Aaron Borgman HE Design Engineer
abor...@ichips.intel.com

Disclaimer: All above opinions are mine... not Intel's

Kenneth O'Brien

Aug 5, 2003, 4:28:01 PM8/5/03
On 5 Aug 2003 12:07:28 -0700, vij...@cybernex.net (Vijay Ramanujan)
wrote:

>>Ohio State
>>Miami of Florida
>>Oklahoma
>>Florida State
>>Tennessee
>>Michigan
>>Nebraska
>>Florida
>>Penn State
>>Auburn
>>Alabama
>>Washington
>>Notre Dame
>>Penn State
>>
>>Vijay R.

Notre Dame
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Florida State

---
Kenneth O'Brien

"All aboard the Johnny For Heisman Express!!"

Greg Sumner

Aug 5, 2003, 6:42:46 PM8/5/03

"Vijay Ramanujan" <vij...@cybernex.net> wrote ...

1. Nebraksa, classiest fans (barring Internet).
2. Notre Dame, longest tradition.
3. Michigan, great tradition (& oldest fans).
4. FSU, dad-gummit.
5. Penn State. I like JoPa.

No Okies, see: Orange Bowl, 1985.

--
Greg Sumner
Go Huskies!

Vijay Ramanujan

Aug 5, 2003, 6:52:10 PM8/5/03
In article <65b76b4.03080...@posting.google.com>, Vijay
Ramanujan <vij...@cybernex.net> wrote:

> Poll question:
>
> Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the following
> schools in terms of how much you respect their football program and
> what it's accomplished over your lifetime (all things considered:
> wins, titles, players, probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in
> whatever balance you see fit).

My answer, excluding Michigan:

1) Penn State
2) Notre Dame
3) Tennessee
4) Florida State
5) Nebraska

Reasoning should be pretty obvious, even if the results aren't
agreeable.

Vijay R.

Tom O'Brien

Aug 5, 2003, 8:29:27 PM8/5/03
> Penn State
>
> Vijay R.

I envy none of these, I respect none of these, and their accomplishments
are meaningless to me.

SNO...@snorksn0rk.org

Aug 5, 2003, 8:25:03 PM8/5/03
On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 19:15:40 GMT, "Scott I. Ferrell-Seven of Hearts"
<lordr...@earthlink.net> said THIS on the star-studded, BIG MONEY, Match Game
2003:
:

He said to rank the top 5 you fucking moron.

SNO...@snorksn0rk.org

Aug 5, 2003, 8:25:35 PM8/5/03
On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:30:55 -0500, Mike Dahmus <mheyhowyo...@io.com>

said THIS on the star-studded, BIG MONEY, Match Game 2003:
:
>On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 19:15:40 GMT, "Scott I. Ferrell-Seven of Hearts"
><lordr...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>And you listed Penn State twice
>
>The first one was the Penn State campus in Philadelphia which has a
>team in the Ivy League.

Didn't get in, did ya?

Mike Pfeffer

Aug 5, 2003, 8:09:50 PM8/5/03

"Vijay Ramanujan" <vij...@cybernex.net> wrote in message

Oklahoma - They've had three head coaches win MNC's in my
lifetime; Switzer, Schnellenberger and Stoops. Pretty
impressive.

Michigan - I don't follow the Big 10 too closely, but Michigan has
always been a solid program. I was very impressed with
the 1997 team.

Penn State - Favorite JoePa moment: swearing at the Rutgers head coach.

Alabama - I will never stop laughing at 'It's rolling, baby, it's rolling!'
Thanks, Bama.

Washington - I enjoyed the Udub fans who came to Lincoln in 1991.
I had a lot of respect for Don James.

Mike Pfeffer

SNO...@snorksn0rk.org

Aug 5, 2003, 8:24:24 PM8/5/03
On 5 Aug 2003 12:07:28 -0700, vij...@cybernex.net (Vijay Ramanujan) said THIS on

the star-studded, BIG MONEY, Match Game 2003:
:
3>Ohio State
2>Michigan
4>Nebraska
5>Washington
1>Notre Dame

SNO...@snorksn0rk.org

Aug 5, 2003, 8:26:19 PM8/5/03
On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 19:53:00 GMT, Dennis <drju...@earthlink.net> said THIS on

the star-studded, BIG MONEY, Match Game 2003:
:
>>Florida State
>Decent program, Bowden is a good coach, RUTSES too much though.

Not much since Charlie Ward. Now THEM was rutsin' days!!!

Daniel Seriff

Aug 5, 2003, 8:50:54 PM8/5/03
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 19:29:27 -0500, Tom O'Brien wrote
(in message <3F304C90...@ameritech.networth>):

> Vijay Ramanujan wrote:
>>
>> Poll question:
>>
>> Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the following
>> schools in terms of how much you respect their football program and
>> what it's accomplished over your lifetime (all things considered:
>> wins, titles, players, probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in
>> whatever balance you see fit).
>>
>> Ohio State
>> Miami of Florida
>> Oklahoma
>> Florida State
>> Tennessee
>> Michigan
>> Nebraska
>> Florida
>> Penn State
>> Auburn
>> Alabama
>> Washington
>> Penn State
>

> I envy none of these, I respect none of these, and their accomplishments
> are meaningless to me.

IAWTP.

--
Daniel Seriff

He who has the last word loses.

SNO...@snorksn0rk.org

Aug 5, 2003, 8:48:53 PM8/5/03
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 00:29:27 GMT, Tom O'Brien <mrto...@ameritech.networth>

said THIS on the star-studded, BIG MONEY, Match Game 2003:
:

Was Liberace good in bed?

Glen Heiman

Aug 5, 2003, 9:29:28 PM8/5/03

"Vijay Ramanujan" <vij...@cybernex.net> wrote in message
> Poll question:
>
> Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the following
> schools in terms of how much you respect their football program and
> what it's accomplished over your lifetime (all things considered:
> wins, titles, players, probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in
> whatever balance you see fit).

Oklahoma : (NU's former #1 nemesis and relatively clean program except for
short part of Switzer's era)
Nebraska : (been my team since the 50's. #1 In Academic All-Americans and
great fans.)
Notre Dame: (I hate ND, but I give them credit for their academic
standards)
FSU: (Bobby Bowden created a national power after assumming a program
that had 4 wins in 4 years w/talk of scrapping football)
Tennessee: (NU beat them twice since 1977 and broke their fan's hearts. I
spent a lot of time lurking on UT's chat/news groups and observed fans that
were congratulatory to NU, looking forward to improving for the next year
and exhibited a tremendous amount of class.)

It should be noted that one's age plays a significant role in these
selections. For example, if I had become a NU fan after the mid 70's, I
probably would not even have Oklahoma in the TOP 5.

Heiman

Precious Roy

Aug 5, 2003, 9:42:32 PM8/5/03
Hey, vij...@cybernex.net (Vijay Ramanujan)!!! This is Precious Roy!!!
Buy my bratwurst!!! YOU'RE ALL SUCKERS!!!:

>Poll question:
>
>Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the following
>schools in terms of how much you respect their football program and
>what it's accomplished over your lifetime (all things considered:
>wins, titles, players, probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in
>whatever balance you see fit).

Nebraska
Notre Dame

Miami of Florida
Oklahoma
Michigan

Tennessee
Washington
Florida
Penn State
Ohio State
Florida State
Alabama

John M. Rogers
AU Class of 1985
The Al Del Greco of Atlanta
RSFCs Jack O'Hearts
RSFC Secretary of Family and Child Development

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself
to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very
freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it.
I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way.
Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand at post.
Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!"
(Colonel Nathan Jessup, USMC)

Jon Russell

Aug 5, 2003, 9:36:45 PM8/5/03
On 5 Aug 2003 12:07:28 -0700, vij...@cybernex.net (Vijay Ramanujan)
wrote:

Oklahoma
Florida State
Penn State
Ahia State
Miami

Don't forget to just say NO to playoffs

The CheeseHusker

Dale Bright®

Aug 5, 2003, 10:23:18 PM8/5/03
wrote:

>Poll question:

1. Penn State
2. Notre Dame
3. Nebraska
4. Michigan
5. Florida State

Dale Bright®

"non compos mentis"

Jefferson N. Glapski

Aug 5, 2003, 10:20:37 PM8/5/03
"jbird" <jb...@pitt.edu> wrote in message news:3F3006B6...@pitt.edu...

You forgot someone. Twice.

JNG

Stanley Kowalski

Aug 6, 2003, 12:47:46 AM8/6/03

"Vijay Ramanujan" <vij...@cybernex.net> wrote in message
> Poll question:
>
> Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the following
> schools in terms of how much you respect their football program and
> what it's accomplished over your lifetime (all things considered:
> wins, titles, players, probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in
> whatever balance you see fit).
>
> Ohio State 10
> Miami of Florida 108
> Oklahoma 4
> Florida State 107
> Tennessee 11
> Michigan 3
> Nebraska 2
> Florida 109
> Penn State 5
> Auburn 14
> Alabama 13
> Washington 12
> Notre Dame 1
> Penn State 5
>
> Vijay R.

Stanley Kowalski

Aug 6, 2003, 12:51:01 AM8/6/03
Where's U$C?

Tom O'Brien

Aug 6, 2003, 1:28:24 AM8/6/03
Stanley Kowalski wrote:

> Where's U$C?

None of these "Johnny come-lately" types allowed. Only established
power programs.

Stanley Kowalski

Aug 6, 2003, 1:39:22 AM8/6/03

"Tom O'Brien" <mrto...@ameritech.networth> wrote...

Oh, sorry, I thought he said "in your lifetime"...

Trevor Zion Bauknight

Aug 6, 2003, 3:03:15 AM8/6/03
In article <65b76b4.03080...@posting.google.com>,
vij...@cybernex.net (Vijay Ramanujan) wrote:

> Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the following
> schools in terms of how much you respect their football program and
> what it's accomplished over your lifetime (all things considered:
> wins, titles, players, probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in
> whatever balance you see fit).
>
> Ohio State

> Miami of Florida
> Oklahoma
> Florida State
> Tennessee
> Michigan
> Nebraska
> Florida
> Penn State
> Auburn
> Alabama
> Washington
> Notre Dame
> Penn State

1. Tennessee
2. Nebraska
3. Oklahoma
4. Alabama
5. Miami (FL)

--
Trev

"Hypotheses are initially assumed false, by definition. Science is about
proving them true." - Daniel Seriff

Tom Enright

Aug 6, 2003, 7:43:08 AM8/6/03
vij...@cybernex.net (Vijay Ramanujan) wrote in message news:<65b76b4.03080...@posting.google.com>...
> Poll question:

> Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the following
> schools in terms of how much you respect their football program and
> what it's accomplished over your lifetime (all things considered:
> wins, titles, players, probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in
> whatever balance you see fit).
>
> Ohio State
> Miami of Florida
> Oklahoma
> Florida State
> Tennessee
> Michigan
> Nebraska
> Florida
> Penn State
> Auburn
> Alabama
> Washington
> Notre Dame
> Penn State

1. Nebraska
2. Notre Dame
3. Penn State
4. Florida State (Their fearless scheduling makes up for a multitude of sins)
5. Tennessee

> Vijay R.

Frisbee® MCNGP

Aug 6, 2003, 10:25:34 AM8/6/03
"Stanley Kowalski" <ra...@bbs.net> wrote in message
> > Miami of Florida 108
> > Florida State 107
> > Florida 109

You still pissed at our whole state for electing G. Dubya?

--
Fris "Don't blame me, I voted for Nader" bee® MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

det282

Aug 6, 2003, 11:40:18 AM8/6/03
> Where's U$C?

South-central.

Greg Reeves

"There's nothing wrong with shooting,
just as long as the right people get shot."
-- Inspector Harry Callahan San Francisco PD

det282

Aug 6, 2003, 11:45:15 AM8/6/03
"Vijay Ramanujan" <vij...@cybernex.net> wrote in message
> Poll question:
>
> Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the following
> schools in terms of how much you respect their football program and
> what it's accomplished over your lifetime (all things considered:
> wins, titles, players, probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in
> whatever balance you see fit).
>
> Ohio State
> Miami of Florida
> Oklahoma
> Florida State
> Tennessee
> Michigan
> Nebraska
> Florida
> Penn State
> Auburn
> Alabama
> Washington
> Notre Dame
> Penn State
>
> Vijay R.

Mine minus FSU -

1. Penn State - JoPa
2. Oklahoma - They "mess with Texas" everytime they recruit.
3. Nebraska - Does anyone think they won't get back to winning?
4. Michigan - Bo
5. Ohio State - Woody (I miss him)

jbird

Aug 6, 2003, 11:46:46 AM8/6/03

Overall some teams that had many wins over the past 40 years did it
against weaker teams that those 5 played.

PP PP
PP PP PP tt tt
PP PP PP tt tt
PP PP tttttt ttttttt
PP PP ii ttt ttt
PP ii ii it tt tt tt tt
PP iii iii ttt tt

George B. Ross

Aug 6, 2003, 11:52:28 AM8/6/03
Vijay Ramanujan (vij...@cybernex.net) opined:

> Poll question:
>
> Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the
> following schools in terms of how much you respect their
> football program and what it's accomplished over your
> lifetime (all things considered: wins, titles, players,
> probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in whatever
> balance you see fit).

Excluding Nebraska as my favorite...although, the last 5 or so
years would make it hard to include UNL in my own top 5.

> Penn State
> Notre Dame
> Florida
> Washington
> Michigan

BTW, was it subliminal suggestion or accident that Penn State
was listed more than the other schools.

--
George B. Ross is grossOB...@ionasoftware.com
remove the obvious bit for email

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 6, 2003, 12:28:31 PM8/6/03
wrote:

>Poll question:

>Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the following
>schools in terms of how much you respect their football program and
>what it's accomplished over your lifetime (all things considered:
>wins, titles, players, probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in
>whatever balance you see fit).
>

>Ohio State
>Miami of Florida
>Oklahoma
>Florida State
>Tennessee
>Michigan
>Nebraska
>Florida
>Penn State
>Auburn
>Alabama
>Washington
>Notre Dame
>Penn State
>
>Vijay R.

Notre Dame
Michigan
Nebraska
Penn State
Oklahoma

Why didn't you include Texas?

In my lifetime Miami, FSU, FL and Washington are newcomers. I left out
the SEC teams because Bama has dominated them all and OSU can't beat
Bama either. Probation teams are obvious omissions.

Hugh

cardboard

Aug 6, 2003, 1:15:43 PM8/6/03
vij...@cybernex.net (Vijay Ramanujan) wrote in message news:<65b76b4.03080...@posting.google.com>...
> Poll question:
>
> Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the following
> schools in terms of how much you respect their football program and
> what it's accomplished over your lifetime (all things considered:
> wins, titles, players, probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in
> whatever balance you see fit).
>
> Ohio State
> Miami of Florida
> Oklahoma
> Florida State
> Tennessee
> Michigan
> Nebraska
> Florida
> Penn State
> Auburn
> Alabama
> Washington
> Notre Dame
> Penn State

Samuel will be made at you.

1) Alabama
gotta root for a school located in my birthplace, the 'T', one school PSU
should play every year (like USC-ND).
2) Nebraska
a long record of success
3) Notre Dame
Kind of like Michigan except they'll go off and play tough road games
4) Michigan
Kind of like Notre Dame except I can't recall any tough road game (non-conf)
5) Oklahoma
I loved Switzers wishbone teams, especially the willingness to have the
QB latteral it back after he's already 20 yards down field.

Given current trends, in about 5 years I would likely bump off Oklahoma and
put tOSU at #2.

--
John Leinaweaver

Kenneth O'Brien

Aug 6, 2003, 1:33:50 PM8/6/03
On 6 Aug 2003 10:15:43 -0700, card...@attbi.com (cardboard) wrote:

>>4) Michigan
>> Kind of like Notre Dame except I can't recall any tough road game (non-conf)

Thou hast little respect for the Pac-10 obviously...

How bout Notre Dame though?

---
Kenneth O'Brien

"All aboard the Johnny For Heisman Express!!"

Mike Pfeffer

Aug 6, 2003, 1:07:31 PM8/6/03

"George B. Ross" <grossOB...@ionasoftware.com> wrote in message

> Excluding Nebraska as my favorite...although, the last 5 or so
> years would make it hard to include UNL in my own top 5.

What about the last five or so years don't you like?

Mike Pfeffer

Tom O'Brien

Aug 6, 2003, 1:53:45 PM8/6/03

I don't know if I'd say that. And it's a little unfair, seeing as how
most of the time they only have 1 non-conference road game.(a few years
none). But in the last ten years they've played:

ND(3x), Colorado, UCLA, Washington, Syracuse, and Boston College on the
road. Oh, and Hawaii, but that doesn't count.

These are all teams that have more often than not been good, and likely
were good at the time they were scheduled. Just because UCLA and
Washington had dud years when they played them doesn't mean they were
scheduled to be patsies. Now if you want to talk about them taking home
only series with a bunch of wussy teams, well, who doesn't?

M-Wolverine

Aug 6, 2003, 3:12:54 PM8/6/03
vij...@cybernex.net (Vijay Ramanujan) wrote in message news:<65b76b4.03080...@posting.google.com>...
> Poll question:
>
> Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the following
> schools in terms of how much you respect their football program and
> what it's accomplished over your lifetime (all things considered:
> wins, titles, players, probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in
> whatever balance you see fit).
>
> Ohio State
> Miami of Florida
> Oklahoma
> Florida State
> Tennessee
> Michigan
> Nebraska
> Florida
> Penn State
> Auburn
> Alabama
> Washington
> Notre Dame
> Penn State
>
> Vijay R.

Miami
FSU

Yeah, they cheat like hell...but their amazingly high level of
consistency sets standards.

NEbraska

Actually liked and rooted for them before they sold out in the 90's so
they could win a National Championship again.

Notre Dame
May be bad now, but still ND.

Penn State
for JoePa alone, if nothing else. Runs a clean program. Although the
whining is getting old....

In 5 years, Oklahoma could be moving up here....they're doing
remarkable things. Lets see if they can keep it up. (coach leaving
for pros, probation, or whatever). Because they were baaaaaddd for a
long time, and BIG cheaters before.

-Chris C.

Jefferson N. Glapski

Aug 6, 2003, 3:31:02 PM8/6/03
"jbird" <jb...@pitt.edu> wrote in message news:3F3122E6...@pitt.edu...

Fralic was a pussy, no?

JNG

jbird

Aug 6, 2003, 3:56:45 PM8/6/03

"Jefferson N. Glapski" wrote:

> > Overall some teams that had many wins over the past 40 years did it
> > against weaker teams that those 5 played.
>
> Fralic was a pussy, no?

he's wasn't a pussy. He was an asshole though.

Jefferson N. Glapski

Aug 6, 2003, 3:59:28 PM8/6/03
jbird" <jb...@pitt.edu> wrote in message news:3F315D7D...@pitt.edu...

> "Jefferson N. Glapski" wrote:
> >
> > > Overall some teams that had many wins over the past 40 years did it
> > > against weaker teams that those 5 played.
> >
> > Fralic was a pussy, no?
> >

> he's wasn't a pussy. He was an asshole though.

roid rage

JNG

Kenneth O'Brien

Aug 6, 2003, 4:07:08 PM8/6/03
On 6 Aug 2003 12:12:54 -0700, mwo...@umich.edu (M-Wolverine) wrote:

>>Notre Dame
>>May be bad now, but still ND.

Yeah, they were REAL bad last year weren't they?

Aug 6, 2003, 4:32:12 PM8/6/03
vij...@cybernex.net (Vijay Ramanujan) wrote in message news:<65b76b4.03080...@posting.google.com>...
> Poll question:
>
> Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the following
> schools in terms of how much you respect their football program and
> what it's accomplished over your lifetime (all things considered:
> wins, titles, players, probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in
> whatever balance you see fit).

None. The more I thought about it the more I realized I love college
football games but I really don't respect most D1 programs because of
what they've come to represent.

I'd much rather see Penn, Cornell, Yale, et al on this list than the
win at all cost programs.

a.

Vijay Ramanujan

Aug 6, 2003, 7:39:41 PM8/6/03
In article <Xns93CF6E991261...@204.127.36.1>, George B.
Ross <grossOB...@ionasoftware.com> wrote:

> Vijay Ramanujan (vij...@cybernex.net) opined:
>
> > Poll question:
> >
> > Excluding your favorite school, rank the top 5 among the
> > following schools in terms of how much you respect their
> > football program and what it's accomplished over your
> > lifetime (all things considered: wins, titles, players,
> > probations, priorities, thugs ... whatever, in whatever
> > balance you see fit).
> >

> Excluding Nebraska as my favorite...although, the last 5 or so
> years would make it hard to include UNL in my own top 5.
>
> > Penn State
> > Notre Dame
> > Florida
> > Washington
> > Michigan
>

> BTW, was it subliminal suggestion or accident that Penn State
> was listed more than the other schools.

I was going backwards through time listing national champs. I listed
PSU at 94, then forget about that minor deviation and listed them again
for 86.

Vijay R.

Vijay Ramanujan

Aug 6, 2003, 7:42:45 PM8/6/03
In article <3f3128ce...@news.cis.dfn.de>, J. Hugh Sullivan
<navi...@adelphia.net> wrote:

All the teams I listed have won national titles in the last 20 years.

Vijay R.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Aug 6, 2003, 8:19:56 PM8/6/03

"Vijay Ramanujan" <vij...@cybernex.net> wrote in message

OUCH!

cardboard

Aug 6, 2003, 8:25:18 PM8/6/03
Tom O'Brien <mrto...@ameritech.networth> wrote in message news:<3F314152...@ameritech.networth>...

Yeah, you're probably right. For some reason I just get tired of the
Michigan vs some Pac 10 team and such. It seems like when tOSU and Mich
want an non-conf home and home, it's against Washington or UCLA. When the
games on television, I can't tell if I'm watching a live game
or something from ESPN Classic.

I think it's one of the reasons the Big Ten looks boring. A few more
home and homes with the likes of Michigan-Oklahoma, tOSU-Florida,
Michigan-Miami, and if you will, PSU-Alabama would be a cool thing.

--
John Leinaweaver

cardboard

Aug 6, 2003, 8:31:24 PM8/6/03
uofm...@aol.com (Kenneth O'Brien) wrote in message news:<3f313bcd....@news.mi.comcast.giganews.com>...

> On 6 Aug 2003 10:15:43 -0700, card...@attbi.com (cardboard) wrote:
>
> >>4) Michigan
> >> Kind of like Notre Dame except I can't recall any tough road game (non-conf)
>
> Thou hast little respect for the Pac-10 obviously...
>
> How bout Notre Dame though?

Notre Dame is okay, but I think you would even agree a Georgia, a Texas,
or a Miami would add some variety.

In the college football world, there are some schools that seem to have
a wall which prevents them from playing in certain regions. You don't
see Georgia or Clemson venturing up North to play, likewise you don't see
a Michigan or tOSU play in the South. It's almost like a civil war thingie.
Maybe I'm blaming Michigan and tOSU for the fact that many southern teams
are too chicken to play yankee schools.

--
John Leinaweaver

Vijay Ramanujan

Aug 6, 2003, 8:44:52 PM8/6/03
In article <4fc88b51.03080...@posting.google.com>, cardboard
<card...@attbi.com> wrote:

> Yeah, you're probably right. For some reason I just get tired of the
> Michigan vs some Pac 10 team and such. It seems like when tOSU and Mich
> want an non-conf home and home, it's against Washington or UCLA.

I compltely agree. I would love to see Michigan schedule a home and
home with Texas, for example. Or Oklahoma, Nebraska, Florida State,
Miami, whomever. Heck, I'd be happy to see a trip to FSU or Miami if
the budget would allow a 1 road game contract.

You won't see SEC teams, though. Some of the folks at Michigan don't
want to schedule SEC teams because of the fear of a rematch. The B10
and SEC have so many down-the-line bowl agreements that it's probably a
legitimate concern.

Vijay R.

Carl Banks

Aug 6, 2003, 11:20:18 PM8/6/03
Vijay Ramanujan,

exactly what drugs were you under the influence of when you wrote:
> You won't see SEC teams, though. Some of the folks at Michigan don't
> want to schedule SEC teams because of the fear of a rematch. The B10
> and SEC have so many down-the-line bowl agreements that it's probably a
> legitimate concern.

Ah. Another example of the Culture of Superiority at Michigan. I've
stated many times that one of the major symptoms of tCOS is when
Michgigan people convince themselves not only that anything associated
with The University Of Michigan good, but also that they had come to
that conclusion completely independently of its association with The
University Of Michigan. This often happens even when the thing in
question wouldn't ordinarily be good. In other words, if The Michigan
Campus was covered with shit, Michiganites would convince themselves
that covered in shit is good, and that it a conclusion they would have
come to independently.

This is a somewhat subtle case of this. Here we have a very slightly
embarassing situation--namely that Michigan rarely schedules teams
from the SEC. That's really not that shameful. However, when you are
part of tCOS, you are hypersensitive to anything that can be even
slightly shameful. So Michigan fans feel the need to rationalize.

"Some of the folks at Michigan don't want to schedule SEC teams
because of the fear of a rematch."

Here's where the convincing oneself that something bad is actually
good comes in. "The B10 and SEC have so many down-the-line bowl
agreements that it's probably a legitimate concern." So, our guys are
actually smart if we avoid games against the SEC. There you go.

The fact is, it's not a legitimate concern. First, the chance of a
rematch is probably less than 10%. Second, the exact same can be said
about the Pac Ten; the Big Ten has two tie-ins with each. I'm not
saying anything about Michigan's failure to schedule an SEC team--I'm
only using using this to educate people about tCOS.

--
CARL BANKS http://www.aerojockey.com

"You don't run Microsoft Windows. Microsoft Windows runs you."

George B. Ross

Aug 7, 2003, 12:18:34 AM8/7/03
Mike Pfeffer (mpfeff...@yahoo.com) opined:

My criteria were
a) clean program
b) graduation rate
c) win games
d) keep the bonehead athletes under control

Well, more like 8 years since Lawrence Phillips was giving Dr
Tom problems with (d). There are much worse programs around the
country, but for Nebraska and Dr Tom, that episode really stuck
out. The defense has hurt (c) in the last couple years. That
said, I'd still have Nebraska in the top 5 (barely) because of
the 70's and 80's where (a) thru (d) were all done well.

Jefferson N. Glapski

Aug 7, 2003, 12:54:24 AM8/7/03
"Vijay Ramanujan" <vij...@cybernex.net> wrote in message

Whither bYu? Not saying they deserved a MNC, cause they didn't, but they
deserve some envy.

JNG

James M. Gibson

Aug 7, 2003, 1:15:24 AM8/7/03
My list:
1. Michigan - a complete string of winning seasons and the fact that
they have beaten Penn State 6 years in a row probably induces me to
put them higher than anybody else. I also many people that are
Michigan fans for no apparent reason, something I think I am a little
envious of.

2. Nebraska - probably would have been #1 on my list except that PSU
smacked them around last year and they faded. Still, once again it's
the string of winning seasons and bowl games that keeps me impressed,
along with 2.5 national titles in my lifetime.

3. Florida State - Now, it's not the overall # of winning seasons,
but the streak of top 5 finishes they were able to manage. In my
football following lifetime, they've pretty much been always good.
This goes back to when I first started seriously following the whole
NCAA (not just the Orange and Rose Bowls) in the season they beat
Nebraska in the Fiesta Bowl.

4. Oklahoma - I alluded to me starting to seriously follow football
in the '87 season (my freshman year in high school), and I will always
think of Oklahoma as a power due to their status at the time. The
Oklahoma-Nebraska game that year drew quite a following, even in my
high school. Gibbsification knocked them down, but they really came
back with a vengeance. I'm impressed that they were able to dominate,
fall down, and then dominate again.

5. Miami - Close call between them and Notre Dame, but Miami snagged
that '87 championship that I thought belonged to Oklahoma and like
Oklahoma, they dominated fell down in rough spots and came back to
win another title after their downside. Also, Miami played one of the
few games I actually remember watching before I seriously followed
college football when they defeated Mike Rozier and Nebraska in the
Orange Bowl, so they get bonus points for me knowing about them ahead
of my time.

--
“Wash” instead of “dry” to reply and replace zero with 0.

Dave

Aug 7, 2003, 1:39:22 AM8/7/03

You should have done 30 -- just to rub it in.

Dave Becker

Dave

Aug 7, 2003, 1:49:30 AM8/7/03
On 7 Aug 2003 05:15:24 GMT, James M. Gibson <jgz...@u.dryington.edu> wrote:
>My list:
>1. Michigan - a complete string of winning seasons and the fact that
>they have beaten Penn State 6 years in a row probably induces me to
>put them higher than anybody else. I also many people that are
>Michigan fans for no apparent reason, something I think I am a little
>envious of.

The main thing that I envy about Michigan is their offense -- power. They
went to the option in the mid 70's then (back?) to the old-pro-style power
running (often with good passers and receivers).

Dave Becker

Mike Pfeffer

Aug 7, 2003, 1:47:15 AM8/7/03

> Mike Pfeffer (mpfeff...@yahoo.com) opined:
>
> > "George B. Ross" <grossOB...@ionasoftware.com> wrote
> > in message
> >>
> >> Excluding Nebraska as my favorite...although, the last 5
> >> or so years would make it hard to include UNL in my own
> >> top 5.
> >
> > What about the last five or so years don't you like?
> >

> My criteria were
> a) clean program
> b) graduation rate
> c) win games
> d) keep the bonehead athletes under control
>
> Well, more like 8 years since Lawrence Phillips was giving Dr
> Tom problems with (d). There are much worse programs around the
> country, but for Nebraska and Dr Tom, that episode really stuck
> out. The defense has hurt (c) in the last couple years. That
> said, I'd still have Nebraska in the top 5 (barely) because of
> the 70's and 80's where (a) thru (d) were all done well.

I'd say a) through d) were all done fairly well during
the last five years. Solich has ran a clean program,
been tougher on the bonehead athletes than Osborne,
maintained a graduation rate consistent with that of
Osborne and has a 49-16 record over the last five
years. To say the the defense has hurt (c) in the last
couple of years is inaccurate; you do realize UNL was
11-2 in 2001? Granted, those two losses were spectacular
blowouts, but 11-2 is a very good record.

Do you think you would have made the statements you
made above if UNL went 11-3 last year? I ask,
because I'm calling bullshit on your implication that (a), (b)
and (d) have suffered over the last five years.

Mike Pfeffer

Bryan S. Slick

Aug 7, 2003, 7:57:02 AM8/7/03
[Carl Banks]
[Thu, 07 Aug 2003 03:20:18 GMT]

:The fact is, it's not a legitimate concern. First, the chance of a

:rematch is probably less than 10%. Second, the exact same can be said
:about the Pac Ten; the Big Ten has two tie-ins with each. I'm not
:saying anything about Michigan's failure to schedule an SEC team--I'm
:only using using this to educate people about tCOS.

Actually, what it seems you're doing is reaching, carl. I don't see any
correlation between Vijay's rational point and the "culture of
superiority" at the University of Michigan. While it may be true that
if Michigan has a concern about playing the same team from the SEC twice
in one season it's a silly concern, I doubt very much it has anything to
do with Michigan considering themselves to be above playing SEC
opponents. Let's look at Michigan's out-of-conference schedule for the
last five years, shall we?

2002: Washington (7-6), Western Michigan (4-8),
Notre Dame (10-3), Utah (5-6)
[Bowl opponent: Florida (8-5)]*

2001: Miami (OH) (7-5), Washington (8-4),
Western Michigan (5-6)
[Bowl opponent: Tennessee (11-2)]

2000: Bowling Green (2-9), Rice (3-8),
UCLA (6-6)
[Bowl opponent: Auburn (9-4)]

1999: Notre Dame (5-7), Rice (5-6),
Syracuse (7-5)
[Bowl opponent: Alabama (10-3)]

1998: Notre Dame (9-3), Syracuse (8-4),
Eastern Michigan (3-8), Hawaii (0-12)
[Bowl opponent: Arkansas (9-3)]

* bowl opponents not "scheduled", listed for follow-on point below

Now.. what is the problem with the above scheduling? The appeal of non-
conference matchups, in part, is to expose regions of the country that
don't normally see a program to their brand of football. For example,
when Michigan travels to Washington, west coast fans see a program that
they normally wouldn't. Big East fans see them when they play Syracuse.
Etc, etc. In the last five years, Michigan has played a team from the
SEC every season.. in the bowl. There's really no need for the
Wolverines' athletic director to put an SEC team on the schedule if he
wants some southern exposure. He's getting it already.

You may not like the argument. You may say that it has no merit.
However, to say that it's based on some supposed feeling of being above
playing such schools is just ridiculous. I won't even go into how
scheduling Notre Dame, Syracuse, and the directional schools punches
holes in your argument.

--
Bryan S. Slick, bryan_s at slick-family dot net

"To those who have fought for it,
freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

spIke

Aug 7, 2003, 8:25:27 AM8/7/03
Kenneth O'Brien wrote:

> On 6 Aug 2003 12:12:54 -0700, mwo...@umich.edu (M-Wolverine) wrote:
>

>>>Notre Dame
>>>May be bad now, but still ND.
>

> Yeah, they were REAL bad last year weren't they?

No- but they were *still* Notre Dambe.

--
"I told Dave back then that we would rue the day that we passed up on
Penn State," Tranghese said. "I said it will come back to haunt us --

jbird

Aug 7, 2003, 9:07:00 AM8/7/03

Vijay Ramanujan wrote:

> All the teams I listed have won national titles in the last 20 years.
>
> Vijay R.

20 years? tis but a moment.

Tom O'Brien

Aug 7, 2003, 9:06:41 AM8/7/03

You know, if it were anyone else, I'd be telling you to take the hook
outta your mouth. But I really get the impression Banks believes his
own bullshit.

Paul M. Parks

Aug 7, 2003, 9:12:16 AM8/7/03
card...@attbi.com (cardboard) wrote in

> Yeah, you're probably right. For some reason I just get tired of the
> Michigan vs some Pac 10 team and such. It seems like when tOSU and
> Mich want an non-conf home and home, it's against Washington or UCLA.
> When the games on television, I can't tell if I'm watching a live game
> or something from ESPN Classic.
>
> I think it's one of the reasons the Big Ten looks boring. A few more
> home and homes with the likes of Michigan-Oklahoma, tOSU-Florida,
> Michigan-Miami, and if you will, PSU-Alabama would be a cool thing.

Michigan is still reeling from that 1989 FSU visit.

PMP

J. Hugh Sullivan

Aug 7, 2003, 9:32:30 AM8/7/03
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 23:42:45 GMT, Vijay Ramanujan
<vij...@cybernex.net> wrote:

Comprende. I almost asked about Washington being the only Pac10 team
when others have better comparative histories.

One could almost.conclude from the list that either thugs must be
recruited or a school must have been on probation or not yet caught to
win the MNC.

Hugh

George B. Ross

Aug 7, 2003, 10:45:38 AM8/7/03
Mike Pfeffer (mpfeff...@yahoo.com) opined:

16 loses in 5 years is a full game more per year than UNL had
been averaging. I'll admit I've gotten spoiled expecting no
more than 2 losses in a season from the Huskers.

> Do you think you would have made the statements you
> made above if UNL went 11-3 last year? I ask,
> because I'm calling bullshit on your implication that (a),
> (b) and (d) have suffered over the last five years.

11-3 last year, probably not. I'm agreeing with you on about
95% of this. Solich IS doing a better job than TO did in his
last few years at reigning in the athletes. Solich IS running a
clean program (AFAIK) and IS graduating the athletes. I'll
stand by my opinion that last year's 7-7 mark can be laid at the
feet of the defense though.

Clockwork Orange

Aug 7, 2003, 10:56:07 AM8/7/03
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea, Tom O'Brien
<mrto...@ameritech.networth>?

> You know, if it were anyone else, I'd be telling you to take the
> hook outta your mouth. But I really get the impression Banks
> believes his own bullshit.

Visit his web site sometime. There's some shit on there that really
makes you wonder.

--
Cheers,
--Jeff
Let's Go Orange!
orange @ at @ rsfckers @ dot @ com

Read the FAQ. It was wrote for idots like yew.
http://www.rsfckers.com/faq.htm

Bryan S. Slick

Aug 7, 2003, 12:54:11 PM8/7/03
[Tom O'Brien]
[Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:06:41 GMT]

:You know, if it were anyone else, I'd be telling you to take the hook

:outta your mouth. But I really get the impression Banks believes his
:own bullshit.
:

For further confirmation, just check out any section of his website
(http://www.aerojockey.com/). A few of us were checking it out last
night. It's truly.. hmm.. enlightening.. that's a kind way to put it.

The women page (/weblogs/women.html) is reminiscent of that chick that
was being discussed on here either last year or the year before.. the
one that had all those crazy "requirements" for a man to contact her.

Bryan S. Slick

jbird

Aug 7, 2003, 1:03:00 PM8/7/03

"Bryan S. Slick" wrote:

> [Tom O'Brien]
> [Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:06:41 GMT]
>
> :You know, if it were anyone else, I'd be telling you to take the hook
> :outta your mouth. But I really get the impression Banks believes his
> :own bullshit.
> :
>
> For further confirmation, just check out any section of his website
> (http://www.aerojockey.com/). A few of us were checking it out last
> night. It's truly.. hmm.. enlightening.. that's a kind way to put it.

Keep in mind that he's an engineer. Carl's page is very much what I'd
expect from an engineering type.

Bill Lang

Aug 7, 2003, 2:20:34 PM8/7/03
Bryan S. Slick, Shoot straight you bastard, don't make a mess of
it!

> [Tom O'Brien]
> [Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:06:41 GMT]
>
>:You know, if it were anyone else, I'd be telling you to take the
>:hook outta your mouth. But I really get the impression Banks
>:believes his own bullshit.
>:
>
> For further confirmation, just check out any section of his
> website (http://www.aerojockey.com/). A few of us were checking
> it out last night. It's truly.. hmm.. enlightening.. that's a
> kind way to put it.

Setting aside Carl's views on women, I saw little surprising there.

As much as anyone in this group I can relate to his concept of
privacy. I am definitely an introvert. I am most comfortable 1 to 1
or in very small groups. Large groups of people I don't know will
most likely drive me to a quiet corner somewhere. I am that guy you
will see in a restaurant with his nose in a book or newspaper sending
out a clear non verbal "leave me alone" When around others, I listen
more than I talk (I do that in RSFC too)

Us laid back quiet guys aren't all bad.

--
mutt

Stay tuned at halftime for non-stop
frisbee-dog action.

Mike Pfeffer

Aug 7, 2003, 2:16:03 PM8/7/03

"George B. Ross" <grossOB...@ionasoftware.com> wrote in message

Yes, last year's mark could be laid at the feet of the
defense. That's kinda like saying, 'In my opinion,
Lance Armstrong has one testicle'. I was questioning
your initial statement that you have a hard time
including UNL in your Top Five list based upon the
last five or so years. To me, that statement appears
to be a knee-jerk, fairweather reaction to last year's
7-7 record, not the last five years.

Mike Pfeffer

George B. Ross

Aug 7, 2003, 3:06:42 PM8/7/03
Mike Pfeffer (mpfeff...@yahoo.com) opined:

Maybe a knee-jerk reaction to one horrid season, but not
fairweathered one. I've been a Husker fan since the 70's and
the 83 Orange Bowl loss to Miami made Osborne and UNL my #1
team. Funny how a team loses and gains a fan, but that took
some huge ones on Osborne's part to go for two.

Clockwork Orange

Aug 7, 2003, 4:13:58 PM8/7/03
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea, Bryan S. Slick
<bry...@slick-family.not>?

> For further confirmation, just check out any section of his
> website (http://www.aerojockey.com/). A few of us were checking
> it out last night. It's truly.. hmm.. enlightening.. that's a
> kind way to put it.

Especially the Fabio poses on the photos page. ODL.

Jamie Schrumpf

Aug 7, 2003, 9:12:51 PM8/7/03
Bill Lang amazed everyone in rec.sport.football.college by posting:

Until yinz go postal with the Uzi, sure.

"I used to know him...he seemed like a regular guy." ($1 to the Tubes)

Give me some words I can dance to
Or a melody that rhymes

James Schrumpf http://www.hilltopper.net