the best deeps

what?

Oct 11, 2005, 4:09:22 PM10/11/05
with nattys and all coming up oh so soon. I was wondering what some
people may think of who the best deeps are in the country. Mixed?
Women? and Open? with so many quality players out there it would be
had to imagine all of them so lets try to keep it to the nattys team.
but any good players is worth a discusion....

rALpH

kama...@yahoo.com

Oct 11, 2005, 4:56:30 PM10/11/05
#42 from Mischief (name?)
Drew Siler - Shazam
Jackie Williams - Shazam
Matt Melius - Whor$hack
Nora "Score-a" Brodnicki - Whor$hack
Val Hamm - Whor$hack
Michelle Mehr - Whor$hack

um, I may be biased
-kss

PSUltimate

Oct 11, 2005, 7:12:18 PM10/11/05
#42 from Mischief is Mark Smith.

Really he is only tied for 2nd best deep on the team with his brothers
Kyle and Kevin. Our #1 deep is Shirley Wu or small girl as we
affectionately call her. I would be rich if I could count the number
of times she has skied the Smith brothers, wiped them and spiked the
disc on them in practice.

warren

Dave Branick

Oct 11, 2005, 7:18:09 PM10/11/05
Danny Clark of Pike ain't too bad, and those freakishly long arms and
big vertical don't hurt either.

Garrett Dyer

Oct 11, 2005, 9:46:57 PM10/11/05
On 11 Oct 2005 13:56:30 -0700, kama...@yahoo.com wrote:

>Matt Melius - Whor$hack
>Nora "Score-a" Brodnicki - Whor$hack
>Val Hamm - Whor$hack
>Michelle Mehr - Whor$hack
>
>um, I may be biased

I refuse to believe that.

thepro...@aol.com

Oct 11, 2005, 11:21:31 PM10/11/05

KENNY DOBYNS, CRIBBER

Joe Smash the Don

Byron Hicks

Oct 11, 2005, 11:27:37 PM10/11/05
two words, Tom Etchison.

<thepro...@aol.com> wrote in message

dude

Oct 12, 2005, 1:02:03 AM10/12/05
Jdo - Doublewide

Brian P. Canniff

Oct 12, 2005, 1:18:52 PM10/12/05
Andre the giant from SAG.

"dude" <consciou...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Jdo - Doublewide

Jay

Oct 12, 2005, 2:50:24 PM10/12/05
D from RFBF

ajax...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2005, 2:51:27 PM10/12/05
Jdo is your mom going to nationals?

disc

Oct 12, 2005, 3:00:42 PM10/12/05
terrell owens

DumpSw...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2005, 7:29:18 AM10/13/05
Beau and Martin....
ya'll better axe somebody

josh

Oct 13, 2005, 1:26:27 PM10/13/05
Try takin' these guys on sometime:
Tuba, Berkowitz, Cade, Parrish
(whatcha lookin' for in a deep? height? hands? speed? literacy? check.
check. check. and.... check!)

Oh, and uh, I have seen Nord & Chase come up/down with a disc or 2.

rez...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2005, 2:19:31 PM10/13/05
ill take phelps and wormser on PBR- two squid kids with speed, leaping
ability and did i mention speed?

cenzer

Seamus

Oct 13, 2005, 3:49:26 PM10/13/05
If you can't tell which is which, Corvallis breeds devilishly handsome
Ultimate players.

danfri...@yahoo.com

Oct 13, 2005, 3:58:26 PM10/13/05

Seamus wrote:
> If you can't tell which is which, Corvallis breeds devilishly handsome
> Ultimate players.

True dat.

voodoo

Oct 13, 2005, 4:36:03 PM10/13/05
Mike Grant has continues to roast people deep...the best part about his
game is that he'll do the same in and out...I say MG is at the top of
this list.
Ron from Jam is ultra quick and fantastic ups
Anthony Maley from Furious is going to be on all of your list after he
has an enormous showing at nationals this year...don't think that ulti
village clip of the day random.....this guy is faster than you and
jumps higher than you
Jeff Graham from Twisted may be overlooked in stature but he will have
a birds eye view of mostly everyone he faces off against in flroida
this year.
Brian Stout....aka MR Slam from Twisted metal is huge and plays
huge.....keep an eye out for him as he will be coming down with
everything
Sub Zero Mark Beresand or whatever this dudes name is ...fast we
haven't seen him jump yet cause he is always miles ahead

La Maldad

Oct 13, 2005, 5:02:14 PM10/13/05
though their dental plans seem spotty, at best.

Seamus

Oct 13, 2005, 5:08:06 PM10/13/05
I realize going for Big Wiggins' facial hair is beyond cliche at this
point, but the chupacabra smile is one of the bros' most endearing
traits. I forget what the other thing is.

Mortakai

Oct 13, 2005, 5:18:13 PM10/13/05
And since you're bringing in the Furious folks, I think MG will say
that he's learned a whole lot from Luggy... including the deep game.
There's a reason the best deeps of a team choose Lugsdin to match up
against... it's so they at least have *some* chance to stop him doing
one of the things he does best, which is the deep game.

Handy

Oct 13, 2005, 5:36:34 PM10/13/05
Danny Clark didn't sky Nord by <I>chance</I> last year at naty's, the
guy is an animal

Garrett Dyer

Oct 13, 2005, 9:08:57 PM10/13/05
On 13 Oct 2005 14:18:13 -0700, "Mortakai" <just_m...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>And since you're bringing in the Furious folks, I think MG will say
>that he's learned a whole lot from Luggy...

I'd have to agree that two of the top 7 deeps in the game are Lugsdin
and Mike Grant. I think I'd put MG over Lugsdin, but only because I
believe he would beat Andrew head-to-head.

Has_no_flick

Oct 14, 2005, 12:07:36 AM10/14/05
Ok I feel obliged to make my very first post on this subject due to the
best deep in Ultimate has not been listed yet. Know don't think that
my candidate isn't legit because of my name because he is and quite
frankly I just can't throw a forehand for the life of me. Maybe this
is due to my team because im 6'5 and have a vert of about 30"inches
so they really never let me throw and why should I when I can just
catch hucks all day. Anyways back to my candidate, his name I believe
is Kurt Gibson #20, but he goes by "rook". Something about chess I
think but it really doesn't matter. I played against him in a
tournament not to long ago and he freakin' skied the crap out of me.
I mean I got trashed a couple of times. This guy seriously flies when
he is out there; he has remarkable speed as well as great reads on the
disk and has hands like someone with extremely good hands. If I had a
flick then I definitely would want this man at the receiving end of it
cause he will just jump out of the building.

Vinnie

Oct 14, 2005, 12:57:29 AM10/14/05
Jon Korber formerly of Tufts is the best I've ever seen with my own
eyes.

wiggity

Oct 14, 2005, 1:18:25 AM10/14/05
Don't let being 6'5" keep you from having a flick. Just remember that
anything in the wrong hands (say, mine) can become a weapon.

Wiggity
Fellow 65er

eric....@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2005, 9:30:08 AM10/14/05
Wiggity - you throw flick now?

-Kazan

Vancer

Oct 14, 2005, 1:34:18 PM10/14/05
Only when he's tired of throwing lefty high releases over us short
people.

-Ryan Vance

wiggity

Oct 14, 2005, 2:23:32 PM10/14/05
Yes, Kazan, I do. I may be dangerous to all who value me as a teammate
and all-around good guy, but I do. And Sir Vancelot, I throw the lefty
high over anyone in my path, I'm not picking on you 'short' folk.

Wiggity
never inconspicuous

Mark.Zu...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2005, 12:21:27 AM10/15/05
Anyone watching Korber at Sectionals and Regionals this last year would
not put him on this list. A fine player, but I'm not even sure I'd put
him in the top 5 of best deeps in that region in college.

steveni...@hotmail.com

Oct 15, 2005, 11:07:57 AM10/15/05
My vote is for Tom Bombadil from The Shire. Dude has mad hops, a
frolicking demeanor, and a hot girlfriend. He'll SKY yo ass!!

Vinnie

Oct 15, 2005, 12:51:37 PM10/15/05
he made all region...

jle...@gmail.com