Best De-Stinking Device??

1 view

poopt...@yahoo.com

Aug 22, 2007, 6:45:02 PM8/22/07
Anyone have any advice on the best cleat/bag odor neutralizer? I
can't stand the smell anymore, and leaving it all outside is no longer
an option (moving into dorms tomorrow). Thanks!

Finucane

Aug 22, 2007, 7:34:14 PM8/22/07
Stuff them with newspaper to dry them.
Hang them out the dorm window, or leave them in the hall if that's not
an option.

wigs...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2007, 8:08:00 PM8/22/07

Try using cedar socks, which you should be able to find at home
organization stores. Essentially they are a bag filled with cedar
chips that help reduce moisture and smell. They work so well that
after a couple days you can only smell the cedar instead of the nasty
foot odor.

rhb

Aug 23, 2007, 1:00:17 AM8/23/07
If cedar chips aren't your bag, then I recommend just sprinkling some
arm&hammer or gold bond foot powder in your cleats. they both act as
odor neutralizers. plus it's cheaper than afore mentioned solutions
and multi-purpose.

Knappy

Aug 23, 2007, 10:10:24 AM8/23/07
Buy Superfeet insoles....more info = www.superfeet.com) They're a bit
pricey (about $25-$30) but worth it & last a long time. I buy mine at
REI.

probably 1/2 my club team wears these in their cleats. I had plantar
fasciatis (sp?) a long time ago. I started wearing these in my cleats
& sneaks & it went away quickly & has never come back.

throw away the crappy inserts that come with most cleats. When your
cleats get wet, take out the Superfeet insoles (let them dry
separately) & then stuff the cleats with newspaper.

dusty

Aug 23, 2007, 10:14:28 AM8/23/07
On Aug 22, 6:45 pm, pooptim...@yahoo.com wrote:

A great preventative contraption, if you're into that sort of thing:

http://www.wingsupply.com/shop/Scripts/prodViewSKU.asp?SKU=M04COMP12

While it won't fix your current pair, it will keep all future pairs
from stinking horribly (Given that you actually use the shoe dryer, of
course.). Back in the monsoon of Cazenovia 06, I may have been the
only player with truly dry cleats on day two. Excluding the guy who
melted his cleats on the heater in our hotel... Those were definitely
dry. They were also melted into two strikingly shoe-like nike-branded
cheap-plastic pieces of art.

You can also, if you really feel the need, heat up your cleats/shoes
before you venture out in the morning cold. Not that I would do that,
of course. That's just weird. But you *could.* And who doesn't like
to have options? If we're condemned to be free, then you might as
well have the option to chose dry, non-stinky cleats!

music on tap: rodrigo y gabriela, re-foc

dusty.rhodes
at gmail.com

cooler266

Aug 23, 2007, 11:59:51 AM8/23/07
I would not recommend the hall option, as it will piss off your dorm
mates (unless you don't care/don't like them then leave them out there
which is what I did).

-Cole

Burrp

Aug 23, 2007, 12:14:56 PM8/23/07

Laundromat?

If you can't put stuff in a washing machine, soak it in a solution of
Mr. Clean and let dry.

Keith L

Aug 23, 2007, 12:24:26 PM8/23/07
Oxyclean is great for killing odor, newspaper the great for overnight
drying

martinpri...@yahoo.com

Aug 23, 2007, 2:11:50 PM8/23/07
Here's a tip: put a pinch of sage in your boots and all day long a
spicy scent is your reward!

Blue666

Aug 23, 2007, 2:27:32 PM8/23/07
On Aug 22, 6:45 pm, pooptim...@yahoo.com wrote:

there is this stuff called bad air sponge; try http://www.goodbyeodors.com/

not sure how it will work for cleats because you won't actually put it
in like an insert, but it's money for the cat box
-p