PA/DE/NJ Sectionals

Brian P. Canniff

Sep 23, 2000, 8:12:53 PM9/23/00
Rage (Philly), No Mas (Pittsburgh B&G / NJ Havoc combo), Kings of Prussia
(King of Prussia, PA, get it?), and Retired to Stud (knocking off Princeton,
avenging the '99 loss in pool play) win their pools on Saturday, advancing
to modified round robin.

Will Rage defend against No Mas? Will Kings knock off No Mas for 2nd? Will
RTS have a large upset against Kings?

Does anyone care? Probably not. :)

Games start at 10, with the 'big games' between 1&2 happening at 3pm.

Other results as soon as we can.

Brian

Gimpeltf

Sep 23, 2000, 11:20:39 PM9/23/00
>Other results as soon as we can.

Hope this is soon enough.

Pool A
Rage 13 Bucknell 5
Rage 13 Eastern 2
Penn A 13 Bucknell 5
Rage 13 Penn A 4 (?)
Rage For NJ Masters
Penn St 15 NJ Masters 6
Penn St 13 Bucknell 6
Rage 13 Penn St 5
Penn St 13 Eastern 2
Penn A 13 Penn St 8
Penn A 13 Eastern 3
Penn A 13 NJ Masters 1
Eastern 13 NJ Masters 8
NJ Masters 13 Bucknell 8
Bucknell 13 Eastern 8
Pool B
No Mas 13 Penn B 1
No Mas 13 Swat B 0
Old Sag 13 Penn B 0
No Mas 13 Old Sag 4
No Mas over Harrisburg
Lehigh Alums 13 Harrisburg 7
Lehigh Alums 13 Penn B 0
No Mas 13 Lehigh Alums 7
Lehigh Alums 13 Swat B 4
Lehigh Alums 14 Old Sag 12
Old Sag 13 Swat B 0
Old Sag 13 Harrisburg 1
Harrisburg 13 Swat B 1
Harrisburg 13 Penn B 2
Penn B ? Swat B ?
Pool C
Kings of Prussia 13 Rutgers 2
K of P 13 Penn C 0
Swat A 13 Rutgers 8
K of P 13 Swat A 7
K of P forf Haverford
Burning Sensation 13 Haverford 2
BS 13 Rutgers 2
K of P 13 BS 6
BS 13 Penn C 2
Swat A 13 BS 9
Swat A 13 Penn C 1
Swat A 13 Haverford 7
Haverford 13 Penn C 4
Rutgers 13 Haverford 9
Rutgers 13 Penn C 3
Pool D
Princeton 15 Lehigh 8
U Delaware 15 Lehigh 3
U Delaware 15 CMU 8
U Delaware 15 Princeton 13
Princeton 15 CMU 5
RTS 13 CMU 4
RTS 14 Princeton 5
RTS 15 Lehigh 1
Lehigh 15 CMU 13
RTS 15 U Delaware 7
Gimp

Gimpeltf

Sep 23, 2000, 11:24:22 PM9/23/00
Pool Winners 10:00
Rage v RTS
No Mas v Kings of Prussia

Pool 2nds and 3rds 1/4s 9:00
U Delaware v Penn St
Swat A v Old Sag
Lehigh Alums v Burning Sensation
Penn A v Princeton

Pool 3rds and 4ths 1/4s 9:00
Harrisburg v CMU
Rutgers v Penn B
Lehigh v Eastern
Bucknell v Haverford

9:00
Nj Masters, Penn C, Swat B

Gimp

Adam Lubow

Sep 24, 2000, 12:15:38 AM9/24/00
> Pool B

> Penn B ? Swat B ?
Penn B 13 Swat B 4. We got fifth baby!!!

-Lubow
Void (Boid?) 53

Gimpeltf

Sep 24, 2000, 1:52:49 AM9/24/00
>Penn B 13 Swat B 4. We got fifth baby!!!

Thanks

>-Lubow
>Void (Boid?) 53

That would make you about 20 years older than me.
Gimp Lehigh '72

designs

Sep 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/24/00

Brian P. Canniff wrote in message

> Does anyone care? Probably not.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
yes.
How did Sunday's games turn out?

James Platts-Mills

Sep 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/24/00
to designs
here's what i know:

Top Four Round Robin:

1. rage (3-0) (over no mas 17-12 or so, over kings 17-13)
2. no mas (2-1)
3. kings of prussia (1-2)
4. retired to stud (0-3)

---------

5. Penn State (college + alumns)
6/7. burning sensation vs. UPenn VOID (game had just started when I left)

-james
clockwork orange (usually, kings this weekend)

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, designs wrote:

> Brian P. Canniff wrote in message

> > Does anyone care? Probably not.

Eric Weingart

Sep 25, 2000, 12:05:34 AM9/25/00

James Platts-Mills wrote:

> 6/7. burning sensation vs. UPenn VOID (game had just started when I left)

6. UPenn Void (won 12-6 or so, capped)
7. Burning Sensation

Brian P. Canniff

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00
Rage over No Mas 17-12
Kings over RTS 17-13
No Mas over Kings 17-6 or so
No Mas over RTS 17-6?
Rage over Kings 17-13?
Rage over RTS 17-8

> Top Four Round Robin:
>
> 1. rage (3-0) (over no mas 17-12 or so, over kings 17-13)
> 2. no mas (2-1)
> 3. kings of prussia (1-2)
> 4. retired to stud (0-3)
>
> ---------
>
> 5. Penn State (college + alumns)

> 6/7. burning sensation vs. UPenn VOID (game had just started when I left)

Burning Sensation lost after a difficult weekend. They had 5 pool play
games, then took the 'hard' (one loss) road to the 'backdoor' finals of the
PA Section in the 6/7 game in round 5 on Sunday. BS played 10 games and had
the longest drive (5 hours - at least we're not Texas!).

Thanks Lehigh, Gimp, and Scott for a fun weekend of play!

Brian

Drew Cope

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00
Sunday Division IV Round Robin Results for Eastern College Exiles

CMU vs EC - 13 to 6 CMU

UPenn B vs EC - 14 to 13 UPenn in a 2 and half hour, point for point game.
Hard Cap of 14 was imposed at 12-12, with Eastern having the downwind point
advantage, but UPenn scored the crucial upwind point, allowing them to snag the
game. It had to be the most fun, the most spirited game, the most hard fought,
and the most evenly matched game Eastern has played since facing the George
Washington Hippos at the U of MD tourney last year. UPenn - GREAT CHEER!!

LEHIGH vs EC 9-6 Lehigh
Eastern was so exhausted after their game with UPenn that it was all we
could do to find 5 people to play savage and 4 more who could muster the
strength to sub out of the other 2 positions. We didn't want to see the
hosting team only get 1 game on Sunday because a team or two bagged that day.
Thats just lame. So we took them on and did what we could. I think the most
memorable aspect of the game has to be the guys who kept passing around the
'Chain Mal' (howda-ya-spell-dat?). Our women also enjoyed having some other
ladies to play against. Taking on guys all day can get a little tiresome after
a full weekend tourney. Great Game Lehigh...

Eastern played 4:3 men:women all day yesterday and our ladies (including 3
rookies) had a great time!! Thanks to teams we played for making both days,
wicked fun days of ultimate. I think all of our rookies had a great weekend
and learned a lot. Thanks especially to Scott Sayers, Paul Minecci, Brian
Canniff, Gimp and & Lehigh Univ. Nice Job to all !!

-- Drew Cope & DJ Siegel --
Eastern College Exiles Ultimate
Administrative Team 2000/2001
http://esther.eastern.edu/~ultimate