Ultimate in Beijing

chirona.s...@gmail.com

May 3, 2008, 10:25:12 AM5/3/08
Hey all,

I play college level Ultimate at Brown, and I'm going to be in Beijing
for nine weeks this summer. I've searched online and haven't found
anything about a league there. Does anyone know of one? Or at least
someone to throw with?

Thanks,
~Chirona

alech...@gmail.com

May 3, 2008, 10:48:19 AM5/3/08

Strange, typing Beijing Ultimate Frisbee into google brings up a bunch
of hits, including the first website with this address:
contactATbeijingultimate.com. Silly college kid. Beijing just sent two
teams to Jeju island in Korea for the Korean ultimate frisbee
tournament - where the winner won 1,000 US dollars.

I'm in Shanghai and I don't know what their league schedule is, but
Beijing has a bunch of people who play. China Nationals (with teams
from Dalian, Ningbo, Tianjin, Shanghai, Xiamen, among others - mostly
Chinese university kids) is being held in Beijing the last weekend in
May. Shanghai tournament - which is more international in flavor -
will be the third weekend in June.

May 3, 2008, 11:01:31 PM5/3/08
On May 3, 10:25 pm, chirona.silverst...@gmail.com wrote:

There's plenty of ultimate in Beijing right now, both local and expat
groups.
There should be an international tournament or two during the summer.
We will probably havea summer league too, I recommend you join the
Beijing Ultimate google group to find out the latest details:
http://groups.google.com/group/beijing-ultimate

Hope to see you around in the summer.

Andrew

May 4, 2008, 6:49:56 PM5/4/08

I know one of the guys from 5 Ultimate (Zahlen, perhaps?) was playing
for Beijing Ultimate for a while.... shoot them an e-mail, I'm sure
they can help.

Feetch

May 4, 2008, 7:42:41 PM5/4/08
If you play college level ultimate at brown, shouldn't you be
enrolled?

I figure a brown-educated individual would be able to google...

I demand an immediate investigation into the college eligibility of
the entire brown roster.

Rudy

May 4, 2008, 11:37:55 PM5/4/08
Shen from Beijing posted two posts back with a link to the Beijing
ultimate google group. for now, that's the best way to figure out
what's going on in terms of ultimate here in Beijing. We're working on
getting our website back up and running, but the process is taking
some time. In terms of the city league, we'll be running our summer
league starting around mid-late June that will go until the end of
August. Definitely worth doing this year because us here in Beijing
know that the weather will never be as nice as this summer, thanks to
the Olympics.

Feel free to shoot me an email when you get to Beijing or post on the
googlegroup for more information about ultimate in Beijing or any
other questions you might have about living here.

- Rudy

Bobus

May 5, 2008, 12:10:41 AM5/5/08
Since you'll be there for 9 weeks, you should plan on making the
Shanghai tournament on June 21 - 22.

Competitive + good times.

http://www.shanghai-ultimate.com/

The Tao and All That's Good in the World

May 5, 2008, 12:49:54 PM5/5/08
>>>us here in Beijing know that the weather will never be as nice as this summer, thanks to the Olympics.

Uh, except the week before the Olympics when it's gonna be pouring
rain and other chemicals?

See ya around in Beijing, Brownie.

Rudy

May 5, 2008, 8:19:39 PM5/5/08
That happens every summer, and they they try to keep the rain a late-
night occurrence. Plus, considering that they are controlling the
amount of traffic in the city throughout the summer and stopping all
construction on new buildings, the rain could actually be rather nice!

don't be a hater Anthony, you just got here!

On May 6, 12:49 am, "The Tao and All That's Good in the World"

BladingSawBladeWithBladesComingOutOfItAndStuff

May 5, 2008, 8:54:00 PM5/5/08
Do you need discs with snow lions on them? Those might be fun to have
around this summer.

Keep us posted this summer on the olympics. Heck, if you have any
interesting news on the run-up starting now, that would be good.

Just getting back to the states from Nepal, I saw a bit of the other
side of the mountains, so to speak. I would love to hear what's going
on in the capital these days.

Benny

May 13, 2008, 9:19:18 AM5/13/08
On May 3, 10:25 am, chirona.silverst...@gmail.com wrote:

Hey, I'm also gonna be going to Beijing in June. I have a team here in
the Philippines, and I don't think I can handle the withdrawal
symptoms being away from disc for 9 months. Someone please tell me
there are teams that play. :)

- Benny

Rudy

May 13, 2008, 12:16:01 PM5/13/08
Hey Benny,

We'll be running pickup at least twice a week during June, so no
worries. if you're looking for more information the best thing to do
would be to join the Beijing ultimate google group.

-Rudy

Benny

May 13, 2008, 9:49:32 PM5/13/08
On May 14, 12:16 am, Rudy <JosephPellic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Benny,
>
> We'll be running pickup at least twice a week during June, so no
> worries. if you're looking for more information the best thing to do
> would be to join the Beijing ultimate google group.
>
> -Rudy

Cool, I'm really looking forward to playing and meeting you guys.
Thank goodness I won't be deprived. :) We're still in the middle of
the Summer League here, our team is doing pretty ok. Hope to see you
soon.

-Benny

Seppo

May 22, 2008, 2:09:10 AM5/22/08
Hey Benny. You might also check out UltiTalk.Com. I know there are a
few players from Asia that frequent the site. Perhaps they could pass
some info your way as well.

Have fun!

- Seppo #22

UltiTalk.Com