USA ultimate web page does not tell you who won open division, they tell you all the others. How could this happen?

The Mind

Nov 1, 2010, 2:53:55 PM11/1/10
You would think this would be a main story, it's not there I looked 10
times over. That is a failure

Peterson

Nov 1, 2010, 4:25:50 PM11/1/10
On Nov 1, 2:53 pm, The Mind <sj1962sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You would think this would be a main story, it's not there I looked 10
> times over. That is a failure

Any, I repeat ANY, expectations you have for the USAU website are too
lofty. I mean give them a break. They're nice people doing a mediocre
to terrible job promoting and reporting on an obscure sport. And I'm
sure they know what they are doing. Maybe they are trying to build
suspense before announcing the winners of their premier event of the
year. Or maybe they are just trying to make sure they get it right
and will make the announcement in a few months. It will all be
revealed when they unleash their new name, logo and website upon the
world and Ultimate will never be the same ..... Oh, wait, they already
did that a few months ago. Hmmmm?

Peterson

nt27

Nov 1, 2010, 5:28:59 PM11/1/10
In case you people are actually wondering who won the game,
Revolver beat Ironside 15-10.

It went down like this: Revolver got the first break after
Ironside turned the disc over, got it back, and then hucked
in transition. From there, Boston didn't look comfortable
playing from behind, and Revolver was able to push
Ironside's cutters into a frantic pace that led to more
turnovers. Once it got the disc, Revolver's defensive
offense played like an O line. And that was that.

I sent my write-up in to USA-U after I got off the plane
yesterday evening, so I'm not sure what's up. Believe it or
not, they're pretty busy, so just chill for a minute and
they'll get it up.

Until then, it's copied and pasted here:
http://87tilinfinity.wordpress.com/2010/11/01/open-finals-write-up/

--
Posted from http://www.rsdnospam.com

corey

Nov 1, 2010, 5:49:51 PM11/1/10

who cares if they are "busy?" that's what a job is. sometimes you
are busier than others. you aren't allowed to screw up when you are
busy, it's not an excuse.

get it together, USAU. there's a time and a place to promote your top
players and teams in your top venue. and 24 hours after open finals
are done, still nothing on their home page about who won! they had
time to put up something about masters and womens and mixed -- which
finished AFTER then open final -- so, seriously, what is the freaking
problem, USAU?

Baffling.

corey

joe

Nov 1, 2010, 7:00:46 PM11/1/10

i think the results of the 2010 open finals will be published in the
2011 fall preview magazine, which will be available the day after the
2011 open finals.

Al

Nov 1, 2010, 8:01:26 PM11/1/10
clearly, they must even tacitly consider high-level ultimate to be
lacking in the SOTG/PWH ("play with honor") category, so a none-too
subtle dis/nonpriority - right, Toad?

RobFYT

Nov 1, 2010, 9:02:56 PM11/1/10
Also, bummer no 2, whoever neely is, he spelled Ultimate
wrong in the first sentence of his writeup...
--
FYT

RobFYT

Nov 1, 2010, 9:03:05 PM11/1/10
6:30 Central. Still nothing. I want to tell my non-frisbee
playing friends about the tournament, and the finals, etc,
but the website only describes a women's, mixed, and masters
tournament on the front page. I told them I was playing in
the Men's (I know, open) division. Now I have to direct them
to some other stuff, and it just seems less cool not to have
it posted.

It's kind of embarrassing.

I found the Thursday and Friday video summaries. Are there
ones for Saturday? Will they be posting video of the finals
on the website? Or is that all proprietary?

J Mac

Nov 1, 2010, 10:11:10 PM11/1/10
On Nov 1, 5:49 pm, corey <sanfor...@gmail.com> wrote:

Agree completely. Just another in as long line of screwups on the
website.

Also, please note that used the word screwup instead of my preferred f-
word to appease those critics with sensitive ears.

J mac

Reggie Fanelli

Nov 2, 2010, 7:19:14 AM11/2/10
> Agree completely. Just another in as long line of screwups on the
> website.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---guys, guys.......just try to be a little more patient,
alright......
that organization has only been around for less than a year.......
still awfully green....
still gettin' its ears wet......

just try to be more patient and understanding.

try to wait with a little more spirit......errrr...wait with a little
more honor....ok?

ulticritic

Nov 2, 2010, 10:30:29 AM11/2/10
On Nov 1, 8:01 pm, Al <ecomarco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> clearly, they must even tacitly consider high-level ultimate to be
> lacking in the SOTG/PWH ("play with honor") category, so a none-too
> subtle dis/nonpriority - right, Toad?

i'd chalk it up to plain ole ineptness