8's Womens Division IS HERE! - Mar 20-21, 2010

1 view

Jason Weddle

Nov 25, 2009, 1:08:16 PM11/25/09
the Ultimate Observers Association is pleased to announce...

Wilmington 8's Womens Division -

Mar 20-21, 2010

We are looking for the top 8 teams in the county!

8 team Round Robin Format
All games observed
Active Stall
Active Travel
Active observer re-start
Fruit, animal crackers, water
Great fields and weather
Lined Fields
UPA Sanctioned

If your program is interested in attending, please send a letter of
interest to Mike G at:

agerics20 (at) yahoo (dot) com

We are looking forward to making this the most competitive women's
tournament of the Spring!

Thanks,
Jason Weddle
UOA

luketimjohnson

Nov 25, 2009, 5:27:49 PM11/25/09
How should the best womens' teams decide upon this and Centex?

ulticritic

Nov 25, 2009, 5:31:58 PM11/25/09
On Nov 25, 5:27 pm, luketimjohnson <luketimjohn...@gmail.com> wrote:.

> How should the best womens' teams decide upon this and Centex?

quality vs quantity

anakin gerics

Nov 25, 2009, 5:37:07 PM11/25/09
> How should the best womens' teams decide upon this and Centex?

---i'm not sure i understand the question.......
but i have read several posts on rsd from recent attendees/team
captains...and the reviews seem pretty favorable for the UOA 8s.

maybe the TOP 8 college womens teams should look for those write ups?
....they may help them decide to attend the 8s

Jason Weddle

Nov 30, 2009, 8:06:19 AM11/30/09
8's

ulticritic

Nov 30, 2009, 8:34:38 AM11/30/09

how about the notion of those top 8 teams not having to waste their
time playing an scrub teams in preliminary pool play AND how about the
fact that they wont be getting distracted by having a bunch of boys
around. I mean, i dont know how it is these days but when i was
playing college ulti it was "serious business" to us........which is
why we excelled and seemd to always be "in it" towards the end of
nationals. I guess teams have to decide why they are spending all
that time and money to be envolved in this sport.......to win.....or
to just have fun and make some kind of "scene". And i'm not saying
there isnt gonna be good comp at centex, just that the comp would
likely be more concentrated at the 8's AND from what i hear they go
above and beyond with the officiating process they use there.

Melissa May

Nov 30, 2009, 11:00:08 AM11/30/09
http://centex.texasultimate.org/

According to the Centex website, the tentative date is March 27-28,
and thus would not interfere.

Both sound like awesome tournaments though!

Michelle Ng

Nov 30, 2009, 11:29:11 AM11/30/09
The tentative date for Women's College Centex is indeed March 27-28.
We have already received a verbal confirmation of this date, but we
are waiting on a written confirmation from our RecSports Director. We
will be sending out invitations to the tournament as soon as we
receive word from him.

Thank you for your patience on this. We are in full support of the
Wilmington 8's Women's Division. The more good women's tournaments
out there, the better!

Michelle, on behalf of Texas Ultimate