stanford qualifier???

1 view

midori....@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2008, 4:33:44 PM2/24/08
Does anyone have any idea when we find out if our bid has been
accepted? The website just lists the submitted bids...and the tourney
is in about 5 days...

thanks
mark

thor....@myportal.montana.edu

Feb 24, 2008, 5:31:05 PM2/24/08
On Feb 24, 2:33 pm, "midori.niik...@gmail.com"

apparently you didnt get a bid.

faddy

Feb 24, 2008, 6:17:23 PM2/24/08

lame nonetheless, bid or no bid.

Binge

Feb 24, 2008, 9:53:57 PM2/24/08
Contact cultimate

-bc

Alex....@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2008, 12:50:52 AM2/25/08
team list for stanford qual:

Santa Clara
Lewis & Clark
Oregon State
Reed College
Claremont
Humboldt State
Simon Fraser
Davis
San Diego State
Oregon B
Sonoma State
Texas B
Gonzaga
Chico State
Stanford B
PLU
Washington
Cal-B
UCLA-B
Westmont

Jay Schulkin

Feb 25, 2008, 12:56:37 AM2/25/08

Where did you get that team list? Theres nothing on the score
reporter, and the cultimate website is still at the "submitted bids"
phase. Plus, I thought it was supposed to only be 16 teams (though I
dont know why cultimate would pass up 4 more bids worth of $ if they
have the field space for it).

Will griffin

Feb 25, 2008, 1:49:06 AM2/25/08
Cultimate sent out an email to the teams that received a bid.

Jay Schulkin

Feb 25, 2008, 2:16:50 AM2/25/08
Alright I see it.
I wonder what happened to LPC and Western.

Box

Feb 25, 2008, 4:10:52 AM2/25/08
I heard that LPC got a bid to the invite. Not 100% on that though.
Still, congrats if they did.

d von

Feb 25, 2008, 3:47:19 PM2/25/08
Western is not attending the qualifier or invite.

Ringer

Feb 25, 2008, 4:54:37 PM2/25/08
Here is the list for the invite according to the Website:

* Stanford University Bloodthirsty
* Brown Brownian Motion
* Carleton College CUT
* UC Santa Barbara Black Tide
* UC Santa Cruz Slugs
* Pittsburgh En Sabah Nur
* University of Texas TUFF
* University of Arizona Sunburn
* STANFORD QUALIFIER
* Whitman College Sweets
* UC San Diego Air Squids
* Colorado University Mamabird
* University of North Carolina-Wilmington Seamen
* University of North Carolina Chapel Hill Dark Side
* University of Central Florida Dogs of War
* University of British Columbia Thunderbirds
* University of Oregon EGO
* UC Berkeley California
* University of Wisconsin - Madison Hodags

Seems like a good field. I'm glad Whitman got an invite--they are
solid. I don't know anything about any of the NC schools. Anyone
care to share something?

JosephD...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2008, 9:50:09 PM2/25/08

> * Stanford University Bloodthirsty
> * Brown Brownian Motion
> * Carleton College CUT
> * UC Santa Barbara Black Tide
> * UC Santa Cruz Slugs
> * Pittsburgh En Sabah Nur
> * University of Texas TUFF
> * University of Arizona Sunburn
> * STANFORD QUALIFIER
> * Whitman College Sweets
> * UC San Diego Air Squids
> * Colorado University Mamabird
> * University of North Carolina-Wilmington Seamen
> * University of North Carolina Chapel Hill Dark Side
> * University of Central Florida Dogs of War
> * University of British Columbia Thunderbirds
> * University of Oregon EGO
> * UC Berkeley California
> * University of Wisconsin - Madison Hodags

I would say the only team I am legitimately surprised to see there is
UNCW. They tied with Georgia Tech for 7th in AC regionals last year
which wouldn't seem to warrant a bid. Their season so far has been
alright so far but not the kind of standout season that might garner
one of the extra bids they tend to hold onto. Is this just an attempt
for regional diversity or is there something about this team or it's
performances that I don't know? Also the bid to centex (a tournament
that has no trouble getting as much diversity as it wants) seems a
little surprising. I must admit though, these guys have a hell of
tournament schedule, I'm especially curious how they are going to hold
up playing centex and southerns simultaneously, for me that would be
tough on the knees. Then again according to score reporter Brown is
doing it as well so maybe that is what it is going to take to be an
elite team in this modern era.

Jay Schulkin

Feb 26, 2008, 2:59:46 AM2/26/08
Dear Cultimate,
Any idea when you'll get to posting seeding/pools/tournament format
for the Qualifier (and for the Invite too I suppose)?
My fingers are wearing out from the constant navigation between the
score reporter and your website looking for updates!
thanks

Mike Gerics

Feb 26, 2008, 6:07:19 AM2/26/08
surprised to see there is
> UNCW. Is this just an attempt

> for regional diversity or is there something about this team or it's
> performances that I don't know?

---the surprise...is gonna be found out.
hope it ain't your team that learns!

come on Seamen!!!!

gfar...@uoregon.edu

Feb 26, 2008, 2:39:24 PM2/26/08