Hingham Results?

Handy

Aug 5, 2007, 10:52:02 PM8/5/07
Anyone have news from Sunday at Hingham? I heard returning champs
MonkeyLove lost a game on the first day and that Tea Party was drunk
but surprisingly calm.

the Count

Aug 6, 2007, 9:10:50 AM8/6/07

Semis
Tea Party over WMD 15-~7
Chinstrap over White Rhino something similar

Finals
Tea Party over Chinstrap 15-10

The Cup is back in Boston!

the Count

garb

Aug 6, 2007, 9:42:28 AM8/6/07
On Aug 5, 10:52 pm, Handy <Xck...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Yeah. ML's ship of "ringers" leaked
profusely all the way through the tourney, and despite a non-stop
effort (right up through the last game) to plug the holes, we couldn't
muster enough talent (and stop the unforced errors) to defeat White
Rhino in pool play, despite our brilliant strategy of going 4-3
against their 5-2 in order to increase the possibility of throwing
some much needed 2 pointers... So we faced the D1 team WMD on
Sunday morning with 4 more legs and a chance to right the ship and get
to semis, but the 4peat opportunity was just not to be.

After losing to WMD in qtrs, ML was able to hold on and defeat NFG?,
and then surprisingly defeated Harpoon at universe point in the 5/6
game, so ML finished 5th. Luckily, Scott had gotten the cup engraved
before hand, so the 3peat is permanently recorded to remind everyone
(long after I finish talking about the glory years and spamming the
list serves desperately trying to replace the bailers) that once, for
a little while, MonkeyLOVE was the big gorilla at Hingham...

And in the end it was an old Hingham champion resurrected from the
past, Tea Party (recently retired DoG long timers, with special guest
Russ R. onboard!) over Chinstrap in the finals, leading to a
delightfully sentimental moment following the victory: Russ tenderly
kissing his beloved and beautiful cup as MY PRECIOUS finally returned
to her master ...at least briefly... after all these years.

On a side note - The party was a far far cry from the over the top
shenanigans of the past few years.... could the noted absence of the
Bashing Pinatas be blamed for sucking the life out of the event -
(probably much in the same way that Ross Perot imagined that loud
sucking sucking sound would be after NAFTA?).. in any event, we
really missed you kids!

Lastly - Thanks to the hosting team Wey Hi. Breakfast was pretty
good as usual, and FREE (and NOTE: way better than the food at Liberty
Grill, where a secret ingredient used by the chef eliminates all
flavor from everything but the ketchup). Hope to see some of you
again next year...

ML,
garb