2006 Junior Worlds Finals

Kyle Weisbrod

May 24, 2011, 9:35:06 AM5/24/11
I was re-reading the daily updates I had written for the US
Juniors teams in 2006 and was struck by how many of those
players are being discussed right now as leaders in the
college division this year and last year.

Take a trip through
http://www.usaultimate.org/news/2006-world-juniors-ultimate-championships--daily-log--august-18th/?CategoryId=10&pg=3
to read about:

George Stubbs
Grant Lindsley
Jeremy Norden
Eli Friedman
Ben Feldman
Ollie Honderd
Sam Kanner
Christian Foster
Leila Tunnel
Georgia Bosscher
Shannon O'Malley
Amber Sinicrope
Clair Suver
Anne Mercier

And many others...
--
Posted from http://www.rsdnospam.com

pizzaslot

May 24, 2011, 9:43:29 AM5/24/11
On May 24, 8:35 am, Kyle Weisbrod <kyle.weisb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was re-reading the daily updates I had written for the US
> Juniors teams in 2006 and was struck by how many of those
> players are being discussed right now as leaders in the
> college division this year and last year.
>
> Take a trip throughhttp://www.usaultimate.org/news/2006-world-juniors-ultimate-champions...

> to read about:
>
> George Stubbs
> Grant Lindsley
> Jeremy Norden
> Eli Friedman
> Ben Feldman
> Ollie Honderd
> Sam Kanner
> Christian Foster
> Leila Tunnel
> Georgia Bosscher
> Shannon O'Malley
> Amber Sinicrope
> Clair Suver
> Anne Mercier
>
> And many others...
> --
> Posted fromhttp://www.rsdnospam.com

Notably, no Brodie.

Kyle Weisbrod

May 24, 2011, 10:20:04 AM5/24/11
Brodie actually tried out and tweaked his hamstring on the
first day. A couple of his college teammates and his coach
had come up to watch (this was his Freshman year). For the
remainder of the weekend Brodie spent most of his time
hanging out with those guys removed from the players trying
out instead of being an active participant in the try-outs
(as active as you can be if you are injured. Stuff like
listening to the coaches, providing positive feedback to
other try-outs, asking questions).

I'm pretty sure had he done those things he would have still
made the team. As it was, even with only a couple hours of
the try-out under his belt, he was still an alternate:
http://www.usaultimate.org/about/usaultimate/international/2006_wjuc_u20_team.aspx

The coaches definitely recognized his skill and athleticism
but given the constraints of building a team on such a
limited schedule it is critical that you have players that
are going to work together well. I think, given his
interaction with the coaches and the players, that the
coaches believed that it was a risk to bring him on board.

It really is too bad in many ways. One wonders if Florida's
perception by their opponents (and Florida's perception of
their opponents) for the past few years would have been
different had Brodie been on that team and had built a
foundation of trust.

JK

May 24, 2011, 11:44:04 AM5/24/11
Do you have this for any other years?

Kyle Weisbrod

May 24, 2011, 12:25:04 PM5/24/11
I can't find the '04 roster on the website and I didn't
cover that year's teams in as much detail.

I think if you go to the USA Ultimate site and search for
"2008 US Juniors Team" and "2010 US Juniors Team" you should
be able to find the rosters and write-ups.

kminderhout

May 24, 2011, 3:15:04 PM5/24/11
Jackson-

Try replacing the '06' in the url with an '08' and '10' for
respective years.

Kevin

KRDonnie

May 24, 2011, 9:40:03 PM5/24/11
Totally forgot Castine was on that roster.

Whatever happened with Darden?

Brodie

May 24, 2011, 11:15:06 PM5/24/11
hmm interesting outlook kyle...