Top female golfer used to play ultimate

Hodad

Mar 21, 2003, 1:32:39 PM3/21/03
According to this USA Today article, pro golfer Annika Sorenstam used
to play ultimate. I wonder if that makes her the most successful
athlete who ever played the game. Anyone know of any other pro
athletes who used to play?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/lpga/2003-02-12-sorenstam-cover_x.htm

William 'Brody' Brotman

Mar 21, 2003, 2:00:29 PM3/21/03

I believe Michael Vick (spelling?) used to play in college (WVU?).--brody

_____
/ o o \
| ^ |
| O |
\ /
--------------------------------------------------------o00o.--.o00o----------

Travis Finucane

Mar 21, 2003, 2:25:40 PM3/21/03

She's bad ass.

Daag Alemayehu

Mar 21, 2003, 2:33:56 PM3/21/03
"William 'Brody' Brotman" <bro...@pitt.edu> wrote in message

> I believe Michael Vick (spelling?) used to play in college (WVU?).--brody

Vick went to Virginia Tech, but I've never heard of him playing while there.
Can anybody prove otherwise? He'd be one sick player.

Also, as has been brought up several times before, the football-playing
Sharpe brothers (Shannon and Sterling) once played in a beach tournament
sometime in the late 80s or early 90s.

dusty

Mar 21, 2003, 2:47:47 PM3/21/03
William 'Brody' Brotman wrote:
> I believe Michael Vick (spelling?) used to play in college (WVU?).--brody

if so, it would have been them hokies at va-tech...
and, if so, i'm damn happy he chose football over ultimate... can anyone
even imagine a physical specimen like that being on an ultimate field?
(excepting those who played with the sharpes down in fla)

i keep trying, and i know this discussion has been had many times over,
but the game would be so much faster... so much further above the ground...

so much more elite...

geez... the lefty flick on that guy would just kill...

music on tap: dobie gray, drift away

dusty
srhodes at drew dot edu
i’m beginning to think that i’m wasting time
i don’t understand the things i do
the world outside looks so unkind
now i’m counting on you
to carry me through
oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
i wanna get lost in your rock and roll
and drift away

Daniel DelPiano

Mar 21, 2003, 4:39:46 PM3/21/03
I've also heard that Michael Vick played for VT while he was at school
there.

~dan
"Daag Alemayehu" <gte...@mail.gatech.edu> wrote in message

Scott

Mar 21, 2003, 6:10:47 PM3/21/03

olympic speed skater eric haydn played some with a s.f. south bay area
team awhile back.

Elizabeth D Murray

Mar 21, 2003, 10:58:43 PM3/21/03
In article <4c585977.0303...@posting.google.com>,

ssha...@yahoo.com (Scott) wrote:
>olympic speed skater eric haydn played some with a s.f. south bay area
>team awhile back.

He played in Birmingham when he lived there, too.