NUMP Mens Top 20--April 20, 2009

ager...@yahoo.com

Apr 22, 2009, 8:29:15 AM4/22/09
Below you will find the National Ultimate Media Panel's Mens Top 20
for the weeks beginning April 20, 2009.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rank team pts
9 Notre Dame 158
12 Cal Berkeley 105
14 Texas 88
15 Virginia 81
16 Western Washington 71
17 UNC Wilmington 67
18 Harvard 66
19 Middlebury 61
20 Georgia 50

Other teams that received votes included:
UC San Diego 41, Tufts 32, Luther 28, Iowa 21 and Minnesota 21

Jason Weddle

Apr 22, 2009, 9:10:12 AM4/22/09
Georgia and Kansas are over-rated.

jnpl...@aim.com

Apr 22, 2009, 11:27:19 AM4/22/09

Oregon beat Wisconsin (11-5 TiV) so they have an argument for being
#3. Colorado should be right after Wisconsin then at #5 due to losing
the most recent matchup to Wisconsin (14-15 HuckFinn), but they are
tied on the season series 1-1). Washington seems about right with
having the season series even with Wisconsin (1-1) and Colorado (1-1),
they have a win vs Oregon (15-13 Stanford) but a loss below them to
Michigan (9-13 Centex). Stanford has losses to #1 Florida, #2
Carleton, #4 Oregon, #5 Colorado, #6 Washington, they have won the
last 2 of 4 matchups vs #12 Cal, lost to #10 Pitt, #15 Virginia, #18
Harvard, Iowa, and British Columbia, #8 seems a little too high. #9
Notre Dame has losses to #7 Michigan, #11 Kansas, #17 UNC-W, #20
Georgia, and Wash U; they only have one big win against #5 Colorado.
#11 Kansas has wins vs #3 Wisconsin, #9 Notre Dame, #10 Pittsburgh,
#20 Georgia and losses to #14 Texas, Iowa, and Minnesota, based on
head-to-head they should be ranked above Pitt and ND.

I would rank the top 11 teams as:
1 Florida
2 Carleton
3 Oregon
4 Wisconsin
5 Colorado
6 Washington
7 Michigan
8 Kansas
9 Pittsburgh
10 Stanford
11 Notre Dame

Jason Weddle

Apr 27, 2009, 1:15:15 PM4/27/09

> Georgia and Kansas are over-rated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stand corrected on the above statement. I know Kansas made
Nationals, and I witnessed Georgia make nationals.... Georgia, at 20
on the NUMPanel, is seriously under-rated.

Nice job Kansas & Georgia.

J. Weddle

3jane.

Apr 27, 2009, 1:27:27 PM4/27/09

Two of the top four not going to the nationals.

Egoegobaby

Apr 27, 2009, 1:50:47 PM4/27/09

Oh now hold your horses partner!

3jane.

Apr 27, 2009, 2:57:31 PM4/27/09

err...pending appeal, that is. Good luck! Tell them you were just
joking.