NUMP Mens College Rankings....weeks beginning March 17

Mike Gerics

Mar 19, 2008, 12:51:02 PM3/19/08
Below you will find the National Ultimate Media Panels Mens College Rankings
for the weeks beginning March 17.

Wisconsin, for the 4th consecutive ballot, has received each first place
vote and retains the #1 spot by a mile.
Florida jumped two spots to the #2 spot.
Stanford jumped up 8 spots to 3......Carleton hangs in the top 4....UC Santa
Barbara takes a huge tumble in the rankings from 3, all the way down to
16.......UNCWilmington leaps from earning a single vote two weeks ago, to
#19 in the rankings with 88 votes.

Rank Team / #1 Votes Pts
5 NC State 235
13 North Carolina 125
14 Cal Berkeley 121
16 UC Santa Barbara 98
17 Michigan 95
18 Las Positas 90
19 UNC Wilmington 88
20 Claremont 70
21 Minnesota 59
22 Pittsburgh 57
23 Tufts 52
24 UC Santa Cruz 48
25 Ohio Sate 44

Other teams to earn votes included....
UC San Diego 41, Whitman 30, Notre Dame 24, Kansas 23 and Dartmouth 14.

thom...@stanford.edu

Mar 19, 2008, 1:09:43 PM3/19/08

LPC is getting no respect - ranked at #18 behind three teams that they
beat at #11, 12, and 14.

aflictu...@yahoo.com

Mar 19, 2008, 1:26:45 PM3/19/08
> LPC is getting no respect - ranked at #18 behind three teams that they
> beat at #11, 12, and 14.- Hide quoted text -

I believe that owes to consistency? Arizona got a huge bump/entrance
into the NUMP rankings after their showing in Vegas, but it was their
performance again that brings them up and in there. There are still
ranked behind florida.

It kind of opinion I think at times who the better team is when a game
goes to DGP/

Alex....@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2008, 1:33:05 PM3/19/08
How does Florida benefit from NOT going to the Invite?

Texas finished ahead of NC State and Carleton at the Invite but a #6
seeding is nothing to really complain about.

It's nice to see Claremont finally getting some dap I know they
haven't gotten what they deserved over the last 2-3 years.

Lastly, I have one question to all the voters. Do you vote for the
best 25 teams of who is playing the best right now?

thanks

pharohman

Keith

Mar 19, 2008, 1:55:28 PM3/19/08

who are these magical voters?

Ulty Arnie

Mar 19, 2008, 3:05:29 PM3/19/08

i think you are referring to UNC or UNCW in terms of the Invite
because NC State did not go to the Stanford Invite

DK

Mar 19, 2008, 5:38:20 PM3/19/08
On Mar 19, 1:33 pm, Alex.Se...@gmail.com wrote:

It might have something to do with the finals appearance at club
terminus. I don't know if the NUMP voters are supposed to disregard
that sort of thing or not.

Mike Gerics

Mar 19, 2008, 6:16:08 PM3/19/08
> Lastly, I have one question to all the voters. Do you vote for the
> best 25 teams of who is playing the best right now?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---voters?
any replies?

thom...@stanford.edu

Mar 19, 2008, 6:27:32 PM3/19/08

If every team in the country were playing at full strength in the same
tournament the next weekend, how would they place? Essentially. My
voting is a little more nuanced than that, but it weights results with
estimations of squad strengths at the various tournaments that have
been played.

Mike Gerics

Mar 20, 2008, 3:45:56 PM3/20/08

> who are these magical voters?

---i don't think any of them are magical....
they do keep up with college ultimate.
the Panel is made up of Members from across the country...current or former
players and coaches and sectional and regional and national
coordinators....folks that claim to know what's going on....people of
interest with their finger on the pulse of college ultimate....

i might publish the list of Panel Members during the season.....we'll see.