Potlatch All-Star Roster Announced!

Ray Illian

Jun 30, 2008, 1:56:46 PM6/30/08
Visit: http://www.seattlesockeye.org for all the details.

dar

Jun 30, 2008, 2:38:38 PM6/30/08
lou may be listed as the captain of that team, but i think we all know
who REALLY is captaining that team.....

dar

On Jun 30, 11:56 am, Ray Illian <rayb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Visit:http://www.seattlesockeye.orgfor all the details.

doctor...@yahoo.com

Jun 30, 2008, 2:48:42 PM6/30/08
Luckily, the playbook is already available on - line, and with only
one week to go, it's time to get well versed in the fundamentals of
'match-up-zone' and 'motion offense.'

Frankly, (sic) someone needs to film a documentary about Sockeye for
this tournament, but, you know, focus the entire thing, on, well you
know.

I-5 to Vancouver: The Sockumentary.
The story of the greatest team ever assembled: And their legendary
game against Sockeye.

schach63

Jun 30, 2008, 2:57:23 PM6/30/08
where on the site, can't find it...

dsb

Jun 30, 2008, 3:00:02 PM6/30/08
On Jun 30, 10:56 am, Ray Illian <rayb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Visit:http://www.seattlesockeye.orgfor all the details.

That is certainly a fun combination of cult heros, regional favorites,
irony picks, and name players.

Can I take frank for negative fantasy right now?

trtr...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2008, 4:06:10 PM6/30/08
Someone be sure to remind Frank that you can't dribble and/or strip
the disc. I got Frank with 3 PMF's by half time and benched shortly
thereafter by Lou. Frank ends up short of the 8 predicted turnovers
due to the lack of PT his captain awards him.

Final: Sockeye 15, "Allstars" 4

On a side note, Sockeye decides that it's not saturated enough, so
they try to pick up game, MVP, Andrew Brown (again), after the game is
over but a contract cannot be negotiated to keep them under the salary
cap. And yes depsite loosing by 11, Andrew's throws were too pretty
to give the MVP to anyone else.

-ttt

Alan J.

Jun 30, 2008, 4:28:54 PM6/30/08
This is great stuff... There better be vids available for those
hanging out at MARS this weekend.

M-A-R-S bitches!

dar

Jun 30, 2008, 4:45:38 PM6/30/08
(first point after opening pull from sockeye to all-stars, near the
goal )

cruickshank: "looked at my 14 different throws/options and didn't find
the one i wanted so i called this time out. get some water..."
frank: "noticed you didn't fall into a power position even once on any
of those looks...and now you're on stall 3. just dump it back to me."
cruickshank: "(????) let's get the hahns and titcombs spread across
the back, frank go dump, and doege anywhere chuck norris won't find
you. we're looking for you karl."
frank: "dump it to me and i'll dribble-swim it far right sideline
where i can look to give it back t-rex style."
lou: "no. run the play frank."
frank: "if we turn it, i'm not playing D"
richter: "we've assuemd that to be the case the entire game -- why
would you start now?"
lou: "great question richter. why would you start now frank?"
andrew: "well? answer the goddamn question!"
frank: "that's what i'm sayin'....i won't start now."
hammond: "that's what we're sayin'...why point that out cause we know
that to be the case. were you thinkin' about playin' D on the turn?"
cruickshank: "frank's not playing d. it's nearly aboot time for us to
get back on the field. counts at 3."
lou: "where the hell did doege go?!"
stout: "oh, that guy makes doege's pants for him. sick inseam that
won't rip. he'll be back in a second."
doege (running back): "what'd i miss?!"
cruickshank: "frank will get the dump."
(disc tapped in, frank t-rexs' to his right, doege army crawls to
front left cone....cruickshank drops a scoober into karl's
outstretched fingers for a goal...)

frank: "TRAAAAVEL."

Box

Jun 30, 2008, 5:09:26 PM6/30/08

please tell me someone is going to be filming this game.

Handy

Jun 30, 2008, 5:22:54 PM6/30/08
On Jun 30, 2:09 pm, Box <amcra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> please tell me someone is going to be filming this game.

Good lord, Rob, this will be one of the most downloaded games ever.
Please.

tki...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2008, 5:28:30 PM6/30/08
Prediction: most watched ultitv game to date.

Rob?

swill...@yahoo.com

Jun 30, 2008, 5:35:06 PM6/30/08
On Jun 30, 1:56 pm, Ray Illian <rayb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Visit:http://www.seattlesockeye.orgfor all the details.

Part joke, part serious?
I thought this was in prep for Worlds?

Not sure, but man, this is going to be a monumentous tragedy.
I mean, yea, it's a showcase game, but it'd shouldn't be a freakshow
beatdown... At the least, give them 5 guys (they pick) to even up the
numbers at ~20.
Or make em play man down.
Or spot them 10 pts.
A free hotdog per point in the spread?
A team shotgun for each pt scored?

sideline

Jun 30, 2008, 5:47:01 PM6/30/08
I think there was something wrong with the online voting system. I
could've sworn I voted for Nader.

tatc...@hotmail.com

Jun 30, 2008, 6:26:27 PM6/30/08
> M-A-R-S bitches!

The United States of SPACE!

Anywho, we should put together an all star heckle squad for this match
up of titans. Since Karl is on the field, we will have to find a way
to mic him up for the event.

Tom A

Rob

Jun 30, 2008, 7:50:54 PM6/30/08
UV will be there with the camera. Plus Frank agreed to wear a fanny
pack cam so stay tuned.

www.ultivillage.com

Rob

celebrat...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2008, 7:56:57 PM6/30/08
On Jun 30, 3:47 pm, sideline <sidelineheck...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think there was something wrong with the online voting system.  I
> could've sworn I voted for Nader.

Well, Diebold makes those voting machines and one of their vice
presidents is on record as saying he'll do everything he can to make
sure Japan wins in August....

KRDo...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2008, 12:51:31 AM7/1/08

This is the best post I've ever read on RSD.

-Donnie

MC

Jul 1, 2008, 1:02:32 PM7/1/08

I'm in.

MD

Jul 1, 2008, 1:08:24 PM7/1/08
> This is the best post I've ever read on RSD.
>
> -Donnie

That statement proves that you must not have been reading the group
back in 2003:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.disc/browse_frm/thread/5b60b45350340578

seanc

Jul 2, 2008, 10:07:41 AM7/2/08
On Jun 30, 10:56 am, Ray Illian <rayb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Visit:http://www.seattlesockeye.orgfor all the details.

great list. now, where can we find the bio write-ups for the all-
stars?

sean

uwJames

Jul 3, 2008, 4:04:41 PM7/3/08
.orgfor? The mess ICANN is making of TLD's is a total tragesty.

On Jun 30, 2:35 pm, swillaho...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Jun 30, 1:56 pm, Ray Illian <rayb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Visit:http://www.seattlesockeye.orgforall the details.

Aaron

Jul 5, 2008, 4:05:58 AM7/5/08
On Jun 30, 10:56 am, Ray Illian <rayb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Visit:http://www.seattlesockeye.orgfor all the details.

not really an all star team that you're facing, but such an intriguing
mix of players that I hope someone tapes the game and makes it
available for people to watch. yeah 808

sideline

Jul 5, 2008, 4:19:43 AM7/5/08

Oh thank God... every RSD regular will need to tune in for this!

Will there be UV fantasy for this? What's the over/under on Frank's
travel calls?

joad...@ec.rr.com

Jul 5, 2008, 9:38:04 AM7/5/08
On Jul 5, 4:19 am, sideline <sidelineheck...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Will there be UV fantasy for this?  What's the over/under on Frank's
> travel calls?

well would his calls still count if they were to be held up by the
observers (as i doubt they'll be using refzervers......what a shame)?

match

Jul 5, 2008, 2:00:16 PM7/5/08
any word on who actually won this game? Or should I say, how much
Sockeye won by?

my guess is 15-8? Potentially closer if Sockeye went "And 1: Mixed
Tape Tour" on them and went for highlights instead of straight up
domination. Any takers?

match
mssui.com
matchdiesel.blogspot.com
matchunleaded.blogspot.com

Joe's Brother

Jul 5, 2008, 2:25:48 PM7/5/08
I heard 15-10 ... and there was a layout catch D by none other than
the crazy one on Fleming.

My source may or may not have been high on red bull, but the sound of
his voice was of pure, genuine amazement.

- Joe's Brother

scoop

Jul 7, 2008, 12:09:43 AM7/7/08
On Jul 5, 12:05 pm, Aaron <ipatrl...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jun 30, 10:56 am, Ray Illian <rayb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Visit:http://www.seattlesockeye.orgforall the details.

> not really an all star team that you're facing, but such an intriguing
> mix of players that I hope someone tapes the game and makes it
> available for people to watch. yeah 808

I was away for the weekend. Just catching up. Dar: Good work on
generating interesting content for the blog. Only way to improve it
would have been through flying out famed right coast innovator Garb.

Here's the roster:
Adam "Wormser" Bunn
Andrew Brown
Ben Hahn
Bob "808" Liu
Casey Ikeda
David "Fetch" Janinis
Frank Huguenard
Jeff Cruickshank
John Hammond
Joshua "Richter" Ackley
Karl Doege
Kyle "Punky" Smith
Lou Burruss (Team Captain)
Matt Hahn
Michael Stout
Vehro Titcomb
Xtehn Titcomb

seanc

Jul 7, 2008, 2:13:29 AM7/7/08
On Jun 30, 10:56 am, Ray Illian <rayb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Visit:http://www.seattlesockeye.orgfor all the details.

is there a write-up anywhere? anyone care to fill in the details for
the stay-at-home fans?

thanks!

sean

Nicholas Philbrook

Jul 7, 2008, 11:22:38 AM7/7/08
On Jul 6, 11:13 pm, seanc <discj...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 30, 10:56 am, Ray Illian <rayb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Visit:http://www.seattlesockeye.orgforall the details.

> is there a write-up anywhere? anyone care to fill in the details for
> the stay-at-home fans?
>
> thanks!
>
> sean

I'm sure someone who was sober can fill in the details, but Sockeye
rolled pretty good over the all stars, although they had some good
plays.

Nami

Jul 7, 2008, 11:42:56 AM7/7/08
> > is there a write-up anywhere?  anyone care to fill in the details for
>> the stay-at-home fans?
>
> > thanks!
>
> > sean
>
> I'm sure someone who was sober can fill in the details,

I can't vouch for being sober

> but Sockeye
> rolled pretty good over the all stars

True but...

> they had some good plays.

A good number of these good plays came from Wormser of San Diego. A
lot of hot grabs, seemingly flying, and one nasty, sickening D over
skip, right in front of Rob and photographers...shiet...wait for that
COTD...

I guess I am too biased to ask "Allstar of the Allstar team", but
anyone else want to vouch?

aflictu...@yahoo.com

Jul 7, 2008, 3:56:53 PM7/7/08
wormser might have taken the highlight reel, but props to Lou, Xtehn,
and even the Artist formerly known as berrou for their play.

Lou really helped anchor the handler side of the allstars with his own
falling to the ground backhand breaks that he always has the option of
calling foul on to make teh throw 0% risk, 100% veteran.

Xtehn, I thought was a big part of the movement downfield, quick and
keeping the disc goin. I think he threw the 3/4 field hammer as well
that lead to a goal?

That was the first time i saw frank in person, I dont know how old he
is, he was def the least athletic, but hey, some crazy throws, but i
didnt see a turnover, and a fallover layout D. Idaho was covering
frank for the 2 or 3 points he played, i guess it makes sense you need
an ambi to cover an ambi. Trust me i'm not completely singin his
praises, his defense was an intersting strategy of nothing! Kinda
strollin in the backfield walking around and randomly switching when
it benefitted him, I think he lulled sockeye with his overall
defensive style to get that D.

Karl Doege also had massive layouts.....

It was a great game, I think the all stars held up well not having
played together at all. And with that let's be honest, not the best
talent in the country either, but a lot of popular people. The talent
portion tended to come from those lest known i thought, i.e. there
were lots of other solid D and plays, but I just dont know who was
who, cept for sd dude cuz of previous post's mentioned play.

Sockeye is looking fast and really efficient. I can see difficult for
any Defense to get up on them. Sockeye offense was great to watch in
it's own way, they didnt huck for highlights and such, they
efficiently put it in, almost boringly, but winners they are. Good
luck at worlds fish!

Jay Schulkin

Jul 7, 2008, 4:27:38 PM7/7/08
> I guess I am too biased to ask "Allstar of the Allstar team", but
> anyone else want to vouch?

I say Wormser also. (aka Adam Bunn)

Frank Huguenard

Jul 7, 2008, 5:45:10 PM7/7/08
Props to Lou?

Are you fucking kidding me? His own so called 'veteran' foul calls were an
embarrassment. He got stuffed trying to run the inept offense he set up and
bailed himself out on '9' counts by falling on the ground while committing
OFFENSIVE fouls.

The guy is a dinosaur and immediately demonstrated his extreme and complete
lack of ultimate knowledge by running a 25 year old comeback drill we ran in
the mid-80s. When he asked in the huddle if that was ok, I promptly
responded with a 'no, that's not ok, that's a stupid drill that emphasizes
poor fundamentals' and he, who was not even voted on to the all-star team
told me "If you didn't like it, you could go home'. When we added markers
to the drill, practically every single one of the all-stars committed
massive traveling violations to beat the mark. What the hell kind of
fundamentals are those?

After doing a couple of lame drills, I practically begged the other all
stars to scrimmage so that I could get warm and get my team mates
synchronized with my delivery. Sockeye was scrimmaging on the other half of
the field and I spent $500 that I don't have to fly up and play in this one
game and wanted to get my body going and Lou's response? "Hey, I just got
here too and I'm good to go so NO, we're not going to do a scrimmage to warm
up". Fuck you Lou, you couldn't carry my jock. Seriously. Go fuck
yourself. You had no business being there. How many votes did you get to
play on this team? Having Lou coach me made about as much sense as having
Mr. Magoo coach The Lakers.

Lou should not have even been on this team but was 'installed' by Wiggins as
captain. When first informed of this Potlatch all-star game (the first I'd
heard of it was when I got Ben's email telling me that I'd been selected),
my response to Ben was that 'it sounds fun but I'm concerned that I won't
have enough time to integrate my offensive style with the other all-stars".
So what's he do? After I had already purchased a non-refundable airfare, he
informed us that he'd put a moron in charge of our team who has no clue
about how to play the game. We would have done much, MUCH better had Lou
not been assigned to us.

So I didn't play the first 7-8 points of the game. People were there to see
me. Freakshow or not (I'm not so ignorant that I didn't know that half
wanted to see me fuck up badly), anybody that was there knows that people
were there to see me but at this point, I had no interest in playing. The
offense that Lou put in was ridiculous and it was going to be impossible for
me to do the things that I am capable of doing and I my body was completely
cold from a lack of any kind of structured team warm up but my friend Adam
Leventhal finally coaxed me onto the field.

I called a quick 20 second time-out, brought the seven of us together,
described a little motion offense and then we scored almost effortlessly.
We had one hour before game time that we could have used to implement this
as a team but that was not to be due to the inexplicable decision by Wiggins
to force this asshole Lou on us.

Least athletic? I've played ultimate a dozen times in the past year and had
ten days to get in shape for this and Sockeye couldn't stop me. I had zero
turnovers and a layout D (the photo doesn't do it justice as it was after
the dive {Rob, Where's the Video?}) and virtually no chance to collaborate
with my team before the game to get on the same page. May all of you be
unstoppable when you are 48 years old.

And please Ben, don't bother attempting to list Lou's (or anyone else's)
Ultimate Frisbee credentials as a way to convey any kind of meaning. I
couldn't care less how many tournaments he's won.or how many continents he's
coached on or how many Callahan awards he's won. Results from games without
referees or roster limits, played with teams that are known to be rules
breakers (i.e. cheaters) mean absolutely nothing to me, nor should they to
anyone else reading this.

Ultimate Frisbee is the sport of false positives and for decades, teams and
individuals have arrogantly presumed superiority when in fact, the scales
have been tilted heavily in their favor and they are too ignorant to see
things that way. Old Boys Clubs are bad enough but when the ecosystem is as
lopsided as it is in Ultimate Frisbee, the end result is a stifling lack of
advancement in the game.

It is exactly this kind of arrogance that was on display this past weekend
that has kept Ultimate from evolving. Why evolve when what you are doing
works? Right?

Those with an open mind Friday night saw the future of Ultimate.

I'm very grateful to Ben (genuinely deep gratitude) for putting on this
event and for the Potlatch crew for the amazing job that they did. I just
wish that I would have been allowed to perform up to my capabilities. The
people there only got a small glimpse of what Ultimate can look like when
it's run with a decent point guard type of player.

<aflictu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Nami

Jul 8, 2008, 12:19:37 AM7/8/08

match

Jul 8, 2008, 9:06:56 AM7/8/08
> I guess I am too biased to ask "Allstar of the Allstar team", but
> anyone else want to vouch?

> I say Wormser also. (aka Adam Bunn)

Thats this guy (sorry boss)
http://bp0.blogger.com/_2mPXDjXYUjc/SHJhAwT1JKI/AAAAAAAAB1k/LoKONKK5ebE/s1600-h/DSC_0248a.jpg

I don't think I need to say this but, YEAH SQUIDS!

Yeah and after reading Frank's "literature" for a while now, I have
begun to grow a little fond of him. I rarely (if ever) agree with his
points of view, but I have to say that I commend his indifference to
conventional ultimate opinion. it is somewhat refreshing to hear
someone challenge the games most cherished ideals and even if I
disagree with you, I still enjoy hearing outside opinion. I'm not
sure if your crassness is the best route to go, but then again, I
don't think you are actively trying to recruit people to your camp. I
suppose it is hard, but it is important to hear ideas/opinions that
are completely contrary to your own, even if only to solidify your own
ideals. Thanks Frank in a twisted sort of way.

match
mssui.com
matchdiesel.blogspot.com
matchunleaded.blogspot.com

CBrowning

Jul 8, 2008, 11:58:45 AM7/8/08
On Jul 7, 4:45 pm, "Frank Huguenard"
> <aflictultim...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > luck at worlds fish!- Hide quoted text -

- And the award for Most Narcissistic Post on RSD goes to... "The
original seed, the prototype, the model from which much of the modern
game sprung from" (his words of course) Frank Huguenard!!!

Manzell

Jul 8, 2008, 12:00:05 PM7/8/08
On Jul 7, 2:45 pm, "Frank Huguenard"
> <aflictultim...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

wow. way to burn that bridge.

Manzell

Jul 8, 2008, 12:03:25 PM7/8/08
<fhuguenard(no_spam)@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> <aflictultim...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I mean, for all your whinging about wanting people to accept your way
of play, you blast the people that brought you to one of the great
tournaments of the year, gave you a team to showcase your style in
front of a whos-who of the ultimate world?

I think most people who specifically wanted you to play, wanted to
know if your style was a complete joke, or legitimate play; I don't
think people wanted you to screw up. In fact, I think most people
would look forward to seeing a blueprint for competing with elite-
level teams, because most of us cant.

Kate

Jul 8, 2008, 12:15:04 PM7/8/08
That wormser dude was sick- very very impressive.

Also, no one has mentioned the Sockeye player who dropped the pull
into his own endzone as he was in the process of pulling. I have
never seen anything like that. Resulted in pretty ideal field position
for the AllStars...

Adam

Jul 8, 2008, 12:53:56 PM7/8/08
On Jul 7, 5:45 pm, "Frank Huguenard"
> <aflictultim...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > luck at worlds fish!- Hide quoted text -

If this means so little to you, stop bitching.

Adam Tarr

Jul 8, 2008, 1:00:04 PM7/8/08
Most of Franks's post stands on its own, but a few comments:

> So I didn't play the first 7-8 points of the game. People were there to see
> me. Freakshow or not (I'm not so ignorant that I didn't know that half
> wanted to see me fuck up badly), anybody that was there knows that people
> were there to see me but at this point,

I'll vouch for this, there was definitely a desire to see Frank play.
Mostly for the schandenfreude/heckling potential, for sure, but also
just to see how he could possibly interact with the other players on
the field.

Personally I was more interested in seeing Shank uncork something
ridiculous, but I wanted to see you play too.

> my friend Adam Leventhal finally coaxed me onto the field.

Leventhal... a true mensch and a Potlach champion, even if he went
against the tribe to get there.

> I called a quick 20 second time-out, brought the seven of us together,
> described a little motion offense and then we scored almost effortlessly.

It's possible I missed your actual first point, but the first I
remember went something like

- 3 or 4 resets between Frank and a couple teammates
- Someone other than Frank swings it out the the break side
- Huck, goal.

Frank neither threw the break, nor threw the huck, nor caught the
goal. The "motion offense" didn't cause any turnovers, but it was a
move toward regular, familiar ultimate offense that caused the actual
scoring.

> I had zero turnovers

This is true. However, also something approaching zero net yards
between all throws and catches. And no big gainers sprung by a break
throw, either. And yes, I know, you don't consider this information
important Frank. You and only you.

> turnovers and a layout D (the photo doesn't do it justice as it was after
> the dive {Rob, Where's the Video?})

Credit where credit is due. It was a nice layout D. I think it
mostly surprised Flemming that you suddenly sprung into action, after
shading deep and calling switches repeatedly up to then (and after
that as well). Still, credit where credit is due; nice D there.

> It is exactly this kind of arrogance that was on display this past weekend
> that has kept Ultimate from evolving. Why evolve when what you are doing
> works? Right?

Except ultimate HAS evolved. Maybe not as much as you would like, but
unquestionably. 15 years ago, nobody ran spread offenses, and few
teams kept permanent dumps/resets. Now both of these things are
absolutely routine. I think you would agree these are positive
changes, even if you consider them woefully inadequate.

berserk...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2008, 10:02:25 PM7/8/08
really frank, mainly just reasons why you can't play ultimate?

didn't warmup right.....

you guys don't know my offense.....

the players around me just don't get it.....

my defense is different than yours.....

i am unstoppable......

latrell sprewell had a lot of excuses too. are you sure you didn't
choke anyone during the weekend?

Frank Huguenard

Jul 9, 2008, 11:50:54 AM7/9/08
EXCUSES?

I turn in a ZERO turnover, one spectacular lay out D performance where the
All-Star offense definitely ran more smoothly when I was on the field and
you think I'm making excuses?

Keep on hating. I could have played every point and beaten Sockeye single
handedly and you'd still be hating on me.

Ultimate is a very stupid game. Get over it.

<berserk...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Frank Huguenard

Jul 9, 2008, 4:04:29 PM7/9/08
Match,

If only you could cut a mile in my cleats.

You speak as if my philosophical perspective was the only way that I've ever
thought about the game.

It's laughable to think that I don't/won't hear opinions differing to my
own. I played conventional Ultimate in the 80's and I was very good at it.

There really has been hardly any change in the way the game is played,
except for people dress nicer now. Some parts of the game are more refined
and other parts, less but all in all, not a hell of a lot has changed.

For me to 'listen' to supporting arguments that laud the virtues of
conventional offense, I'd have to forget everything I've learned over the
past 20 years.

Like it or not, virtually everything about the way the game is played today
is 'wrong'. The things the culture values are misguided and what many
consider to be fundamentals are just plain incompetence.

Crass? Sure, what the fuck. If you'd been on this trip for 30 years and
saw a game that you devoted to completely stagnant and ruled by arrogant &
inept assholes like Lou Burruss, you might tend to be a little cranky
yourself.

"match" <michael...@yale.edu> wrote in message

Frank Huguenard

Jul 9, 2008, 4:10:22 PM7/9/08
Don't confuse narcissism with self-confidence.

As Jim Herrick (inventor of Goaltimate and two time national champion) said
of me, 'if he can back it up, it ain't bragging'.

Well, I backed up five years of trash talk Friday night in Seattle, much to
the dismay of all the Frank haters out there. I'm for real and so is the
motion offense.

Hate away. Your days as a hater are numbered.

"CBrowning" <cb.br...@gmail.com> wrote in message

jakem...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2008, 6:49:28 PM7/9/08

jim

Jul 9, 2008, 6:55:34 PM7/9/08
On Jul 9, 11:50 am, "Frank Huguenard"

<fhuguenard(no_spam)@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> EXCUSES?
>
> I turn in a ZERO turnover, one spectacular lay out D performance where the
> All-Star offense definitely ran more smoothly when I was on the field

I hope you don't consider these to be note worthy numbers for a
player.

> Keep on hating.  I could have played every point and beaten Sockeye single
> handedly and you'd still be hating on me.

Sounds familiar to your style here on RSD.

Frank Huguenard

Jul 9, 2008, 7:37:38 PM7/9/08

>> I hope you don't consider these to be note worthy numbers for a player.

I do when I consider traveling a turnover and bullshit offensive fouls like
Ray Illian's (a bail out nine count foul he called on Fetch) and Lou
Burrus's turnovers.

Look, until there's a rational set of rules and meaningful enforcement,
noteworthy numbers are non-existent.

Douglas T Lilley

Jul 9, 2008, 9:19:54 PM7/9/08
On Jul 9, 6:49 pm, jakemch...@gmail.com wrote:
> hating frank is getting boring, so back to wormser...
>
> http://www.pbase.com/elsinger/image/99860916http://www.pbase.com/elsinger/image/99858822

That second one is real sweet. Dude is prob 4 feet up. Very nice.

Andrew

Jul 10, 2008, 1:06:54 AM7/10/08
On Jul 7, 5:45 pm, "Frank Huguenard"
> <aflictultim...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Twat.

BOFA

Jul 10, 2008, 1:15:30 AM7/10/08
On Jul 9, 6:19 pm, Douglas T Lilley <q3j...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 9, 6:49 pm, jakemch...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > hating frank is getting boring, so back to wormser...
>
> >http://www.pbase.com/elsinger/image/99860916http://www.pbase.com/elsi...

> That second one is real sweet.  Dude is prob 4 feet up. Very nice.

Good old' Adam "Throw it, even though he's covered" Bunn.... at least
that what I called him back in our PBR days.

Nice performance bud.

Nirvana

Jul 10, 2008, 1:51:08 AM7/10/08
I have to say Frank made the game entertaining, and after he came in
the All-Stars immediately scored two in a row. However, as Tarr said,
the throws he did make and catch were for zero yardage and weren't
quite as smooth and pretty as I was expecting.

What I really did enjoy was watching Frank warm up, because his throws
with both hands are actually amazing. With great marks from Sockeye
though, the throws became janky and his receivers had to make some
pretty athletic catches on them. The other thing is, we never actually
got to see this "motion" offense in action for an entire point because
his teammates repeatedly got the disc and jacked up a terrible huck
out-of-bounds or to a covered receiver.

Concerning the lay-out d, my team (Smashmasters) played Andrew
Fleming's team (Suckwagon) early on Day 1, and Fleming seemed really
excited to guard Frank. When Frank d'ed him, it almost looked like
Andrew was in a state of shock. He temporarily called a strip before
rescinding it because of the booing of the crowd.

Other than that, Frank was incredibly annoying most of the time,
circling the All-Star Huddle during time-outs gesturing to the crowd
to chant for him. He had this wide-eyed dazed smile on his face,
almost as if to say "Oh my God, maybe all of them don't actually hate
me!"

Finally, two Sockeye players that really impressed me were Aly Lenon
and Matt Rehder. Aly was one of the main handlers and looked really
poised at all times, while Matt had two sick layout d's. Danny Trytiak
was added to the All-Star roster along with Phil Burkhardt for some
reason, but none of them seemed all that impressive except for the
aforementioned Wormser, and Frank for his own reasons.

Mikey Ignacio

Jul 10, 2008, 12:03:07 PM7/10/08

trtr...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2008, 2:04:51 PM7/10/08
> http://meignacio.smugmug.com/photos/329136743_8rpFi-L-1.jpg

After talking with several people that played in this allstar game,
this picture sums up everything about playing with Frank. I believe
cancer is a good word to describe Frank as a teammate.

Frank your bitterness towards are world is probably cause by your old
age and being the inventor of a failing sport (dischoops). Frank
maybe you should have kept that $500 dollars to advertise what people
already knew. You say your so aware of what people think of you, but
you spend the money anyways. Doesn't make sense to me, but it does in
that senile world of yours.

I'm just someone who's sick of Frank translating playing D on one cut
into him being the best player on the field.
-ttt

CBrowning

Jul 10, 2008, 2:08:27 PM7/10/08
> http://meignacio.smugmug.com/photos/329136743_8rpFi-L-1.jpg- Hide quoted text -

That picture is hilarious. Frank should have that on his website.
Was there any similar "screw you ultimate world" or any kind of
celebration when he got his D?

Frank Huguenard

Jul 10, 2008, 2:27:15 PM7/10/08
I love this photo.

This 'flip-off' was directly squarely at Lou Burruss who couldn't have been
a worse choice for captain of this team.

I flew up to Seattle to play motion offense, not to jack off.

"Mikey Ignacio" <meig...@gmail.com> wrote in message

AA

Jul 10, 2008, 2:30:42 PM7/10/08

Would someone like to explain this picture:
http://www.pbase.com/elsinger/image/99870893

...wow

Frank Huguenard

Jul 10, 2008, 2:30:26 PM7/10/08

"Nirvana" <jzis...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>I have to say Frank made the game entertaining, and after he came in
> the All-Stars immediately scored two in a row. However, as Tarr said,
> the throws he did make and catch were for zero yardage and weren't
> quite as smooth and pretty as I was expecting.

Yardage is irrelevant in the motion offense.

Fish

Jul 10, 2008, 2:40:53 PM7/10/08
On Jul 10, 11:27 am, "Frank Huguenard"

<fhuguenard(no_spam)@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I love this photo.
>
> This 'flip-off' was directly squarely at Lou Burruss who couldn't have been
> a worse choice for captain of this team.
>
> I flew up to Seattle to play motion offense, not to jack off.

after watching you play on friday, i get the sense that those two
things are one and the same.

Mikey Ignacio

Jul 10, 2008, 4:04:53 PM7/10/08
On Jul 10, 11:27 am, "Frank Huguenard"
<fhuguenard(no_spam)@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I love this photo.
>
> This 'flip-off' was directly squarely at Lou Burruss who couldn't have been
> a worse choice for captain of this team.
>
> I flew up to Seattle to play motion offense, not to jack off.
>
> "Mikey Ignacio" <meigna...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> http://meignacio.smugmug.com/photos/329136743_8rpFi-L-1.jpg- Hide quoted text -

If you would like to see the rest of the pictures that I took on Day 1
please go here - http://meignacio.smugmug.com/Potlatch%202008/554115

I will have Day 2 and 3 uploaded by tonight... hopefully.

Mikey

La Maldad

Jul 10, 2008, 4:54:53 PM7/10/08
On Jul 10, 12:51 am, Nirvana <jzisk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Finally, two Sockeye players that really impressed me were Aly Lenon
> and Matt Rehder. Aly was one of the main handlers and looked really
> poised at all times, while Matt had two sick layout d's.

The first rule of Matt Rehder is you do not talk about Matt Rehder.

Hh

Adam

Jul 10, 2008, 11:42:33 PM7/10/08
On Jul 9, 7:37 pm, "Frank Huguenard"

Whatever happened to playing ultimate for the fine beverages on the
sidelines and not bitching about rules? If someone travels, bitch
about it for 20 seconds and then at the end of the game fill a disc
with said beverages and lick all of it up with the 3 people you called
travels/fouls on and get over it.

Frank Huguenard

Jul 10, 2008, 11:57:18 PM7/10/08
I don't drink alcoholic beverages, they adversely affect my consciousness.

I didn't make any calls, it was an exhibition game after all.

The point is that when you take into context the number of people that were
hoping that I'd fall flat on my face and given the heckling of biblical
proportions that was going on, I would say that these numbers are indeed
noteworthy.

"Adam" <dye...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Frank Huguenard

Jul 11, 2008, 10:10:54 AM7/11/08

<trtr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> http://meignacio.smugmug.com/photos/329136743_8rpFi-L-1.jpg
>
> After talking with several people that played in this allstar game,
> this picture sums up everything about playing with Frank. I believe
> cancer is a good word to describe Frank as a teammate.

If drinking a glass of Lou's toxic Kool-Aid means being a team player, than
no, I'm not a team player and proud of it. Cancer? Hardly.

Ultimate Frisbee is the malignant tumor. I'm the chemotherapy.

Barker

Jul 11, 2008, 10:36:08 AM7/11/08

> Ultimate Frisbee is the malignant tumor.  I'm the chemotherapy.

So you're usually ineffective and make us vomit everytime you're
administered?

MM

Frank Huguenard

Jul 11, 2008, 11:08:17 AM7/11/08
Well, after seeing my best friend die of breast cancer and going through two
years of chemo, I'm not a huge fan of western medicine but what the hell,
there isn't any known cure for cancer as of yet.

Play Dischoops. It's fun.

"Barker" <bark...@gmail.com> wrote in message

CBrowning

Jul 11, 2008, 11:14:43 AM7/11/08
On Jul 11, 9:10 am, "Frank Huguenard"
<fhuguenard(no_spam)@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> <trtrip...@gmail.com> wrote in message

If the ultimate community were American Gladiators, Frank would be
"Wolf."

Wolf is always saying things like, "All I see is two little pigs over
there, and I'm just about to blow their house down," or "The Wolf can
smell fear, and I'm gonna track ya, catch ya, and EAT YA!" Not a far
cry from Frank's, "Ultimate Frisbee is the malignant tumor. I'm the
chemotherapy."

Frank - I think I have some more material for you

- Ultimate frisbee is a stack of pogs, and I'm the slammer that's
gonna flip them upside down!
- Ultimate frisbee is the arm wrestler with the BLASTER t-shirt from
the 80's movie "Over the Top," and I am the big rig driving Sylvester
Stallone who is going to take him out!
- Ultimate frisbee is The Ring of Power, and I am the hobbit ready to
cast him into the fire of Mount Doom!
- Ultimate frisbee is a bunch of marbles, and I'm one hungry-hungry
hippo!

joad...@ec.rr.com

Jul 11, 2008, 1:29:10 PM7/11/08
On Jul 11, 11:14 am, CBrowning <cb.brown...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wolf is always saying things like, "All I see is two little pigs over
> there, and I'm just about to blow their house down," or "The Wolf can
> smell fear, and I'm gonna track ya, catch ya, and EAT YA!"  Not a far
> cry from Frank's, "Ultimate Frisbee is the malignant tumor.  I'm the
> chemotherapy."

cbrown.....your a clown......franks critisisms and the taunting of
wolf are worlds apart. way to be overly mellow dramatic.

Frank Huguenard

Jul 11, 2008, 1:46:47 PM7/11/08
There is no doubt that my caustic style has been highly ineffective and
somewhat nauseating so chemo isn't such a bad analogy esp. considering that
the religion/game/culture known as Ultimate Frisbee is truly a malignancy.
Drastic times call for drastic measures.

So instead of chemotherapy, go out and smoke some medicinal marijuana and
play some dischoops. It's very fun.

"Barker" <bark...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Ultimate Frisbee is the malignant tumor. I'm the chemotherapy.

samvaknin

Jul 11, 2008, 2:33:14 PM7/11/08
The Narcissist as Liar and Con-man

The Narcissist as Know-it-all

Grandiosity, Fantasies, and Narcissism

For a more detailed view of pathological narcissism and the
Narcissistic
Personality Disorder (NPD) - click on these links:

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/npdglance.html

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/narcissismglance.html

Other Personality Disorders

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/faqpd.html

Pathological Narcissism and Other Mental Health Disorders

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/faq82.html

Sam

Frank Huguenard

Jul 11, 2008, 2:54:24 PM7/11/08
So I guess that you would call my All-Star team mate Michael Stout a liar
and con-man when he says this about me:

"What a baller. The Frank naysayers have a lot to answer for here."

You might want to consider letting go of you hate Sammy. Learn to
meditate instead.

"samvaknin" <vak...@mt.net.mk> wrote in message

Squeege

Jul 11, 2008, 6:01:03 PM7/11/08
> You might want to consider letting go of you hate Sammy. Learn to
> meditate instead.

This coming from the man who brought you :

"Fuck you Lou, you couldn't carry my jock. Seriously. Go fuck
yourself. You had no business being there. How many votes did you
get to
play on this team? Having Lou coach me made about as much sense as
having
Mr. Magoo coach The Lakers."

Hey Sam, can you post some links about irony???

jacob

Jul 11, 2008, 6:12:26 PM7/11/08
That's just how Frank meditates, Squeege.