Faustian Saga Continues

MoonEE

Oct 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/24/97

Incredible as it may seem, and I have seen some incredible things in this
sport, the captains came into this tournament and OVERTURNED the ruling of the
UPA on the subject of Josh Faust's eligibility. Your heard me correctly. Faust
is OUT for the tournament.

Led by a vocal and at times dangerous Bob Deman, the majority of the captains
essentially told Rex O'Quinn, "It's him or us." I wish I had been there to see
it. WOW!

Seattle seemed un-phased by the decision and won all their games on Friday.

What next?

Brian P. Canniff

Oct 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/24/97

J Baker wrote:

> MoonEE (moo...@aol.com) wrote:
> : Incredible as it may seem, and I have seen some incredible things in this

> : sport, the captains came into this tournament and OVERTURNED the
> : ruling of the UPA on the subject of Josh Faust's eligibility. Your
> : heard me correctly. Faust is OUT for the tournament.
>
> : Led by a vocal and at times dangerous Bob Deman, the majority of the
> : captains essentially told Rex O'Quinn, "It's him or us." I wish I had
> : been there to see it. WOW!
>
> What a bunch of jackasses. Unbelievable.

I don't believe it. Let me hear it from Rex.

Come on, UPA folks, we're not buying Moonee's story!

Except for el Bake (your brace is untied!).

Brian

jw...@alere.com

Oct 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/24/97

Hmmmmm....

In article <19971024022...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, moo...@aol.com
says...

>Incredible as it may seem, and I have seen some incredible things in this
> sport, the captains came into this tournament and OVERTURNED the ruling of the
> UPA on the subject of Josh Faust's eligibility. Your heard me correctly. Faust
> is OUT for the tournament.
>
>Led by a vocal and at times dangerous Bob Deman, the majority of the captains
> essentially told Rex O'Quinn, "It's him or us." I wish I had been there to see
> it. WOW!
>

>Seattle seemed un-phased by the decision and won all their games on Friday.
>
>What next?

Now I am not one to doubt my elders, but can this actually have
taken place? As I recall, Mooney's commentary of Nationals two
years ago was wrong and might I add Evilly Wrong. Could this
just be a joke on all of us cruddy players who have to sit at
home thinking about how we have to get ten more yards out of
our flick to make it to the Big Show? Lets have some confirmation
here!

Seattle vs. Double in the Semis!
DoG vs. NY in the other Semis!
Come on West Coast! Do us up right!

One of the many couch sitters
Jorah

stj...@ucdavis.edu

Oct 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/24/97
(MoonEE) wrote:

> Incredible as it may seem, and I have seen some incredible things in this
> sport, the captains came into this tournament and OVERTURNED the ruling
of the
> UPA on the subject of Josh Faust's eligibility. Your heard me
correctly. Faust
> is OUT for the tournament.
>
> Led by a vocal and at times dangerous Bob Deman, the majority of the captains
> essentially told Rex O'Quinn, "It's him or us." I wish I had been there
to see
> it. WOW!
>
> Seattle seemed un-phased by the decision and won all their games on Friday.
>
> What next?

I hope all the captains who overturned the UPA ruling will grow up and
reinstate Josh for the remainder of the tournament.

The intent of the rule was to prevent a player from picking up on a
DIFFERENT team after the team he was originally playing with was knocked
out of the fall series.

It seems to me to be a decision based on self interest rather than a
decision based on "spirit" which most of us seem to think is an important
facet of our sport (what am I thinking; this is nationals where spirit
overridden by the desire to win).

I hope you all lose sleep over that decision - better yet I hope you each
have a drop on a crucial point this weekend so you have something to to
occupy your mind during the long winter.
Steve Joye

J Baker

Oct 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/24/97

MoonEE (moo...@aol.com) wrote:
: Incredible as it may seem, and I have seen some incredible things in this
: sport, the captains came into this tournament and OVERTURNED the
: ruling of the UPA on the subject of Josh Faust's eligibility. Your
: heard me correctly. Faust is OUT for the tournament.

: Led by a vocal and at times dangerous Bob Deman, the majority of the
: captains essentially told Rex O'Quinn, "It's him or us." I wish I had
: been there to see it. WOW!

What a bunch of jackasses. I'm sorry, but y'all should grow up. Rex
should have said "See ya". I highly doubt that their teams would have
said ok, we're leaving. Unbelievable.

: Seattle seemed un-phased by the decision and won all their games on Friday.

Good, and I hope they win it all, or at least make it the finals. After
every score, they should make a point of spiking/flourishing the crowd of
captains/teams WATCHING from the sidelines who pulled this crap off.
Unbelievable.

-Jason M Baker

--
UPenn Ultimate-#66 | http://www.pada.org/pada
Mid-Atlantic CRC | http://dolphin.upenn.edu/~jbaker

MoonEE

Oct 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/25/97

Incredible as it may seem, and I've thought I'd seen it all, Josh ended up
playing today... but not for Seattle. It seems that Double found out from
Seattle's sectional coordinator that Josh had been left off the Seattle
roster. So Double, sneaky as they are, put him on their own roster. WOW!

So there's Josh, eliminated from the tournament and relegated to the side line,
when Cribber comes up says: "Hey Josh, we can show you a thing or two about
getting in through the bulkhead. Why not strap 'em on with us? You can have
any number but 69 and you can't where that ridiculous head-sleeve."

Get this. He agreed.

So there's Josh, playing with the arch enemy Double, one of the greatest teams
in Ultimate.

Game 2 of Friday found Double with one loss matched-up with undefeated DoG in a
do-or-die game. Things got a little out of hand when Jimmy P. made a cut down
the line for the winning goal. As he layed-out for the catch, he found himself
in a bath of bubbles, losing both concentration and the disc. The play was
ruled clean by the observers.

It turns out that Josh's girlfriend Madge had been blowing the bubbles from the
sideline and the wind blew them onto the field. When Cork got wind of this, he
worked himself into a lather, knocking the bubbles out of poor Madge's hand.
Josh couldn't believe his eyes and ran the length of the field grabbing Cork
by the hair of the neck and kneed him in the groin. Red card was issued
immediately and the game awarded to DoG.

Double finished 3rd in the pool but still might make semis, though Josh will be
ineligible.

stay tuned...

Ghedda Clew

Oct 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/25/97

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997 stj...@ucdavis.edu wrote:

> I hope you all lose sleep over that decision - better yet I hope you each
> have a drop on a crucial point this weekend so you have something to to
> occupy your mind during the long winter.
> Steve Joye

bad, bad karma, steve. hope this one doesn't come back.

Toaster McLeod of the Clan McLeod
there's something about beeping turtles that
makes me really mad.

Ghedda Clew

Oct 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/25/97

On 24 Oct 1997, J Baker wrote:

> Good, and I hope they win it all, or at least make it the finals. After
> every score, they should make a point of spiking/flourishing the crowd of
>

> --
> UPenn Ultimate-#66 | http://www.pada.org/pada
> Mid-Atlantic CRC | http://dolphin.upenn.edu/~jbaker
> Nursing '98 | http://dolphin.upenn.edu/~ultimate

more bad karma. oh wait, you're from void. oh wait, you're a nurse.

Marlon Sinseven

Oct 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/28/97

MoonEE wrote:

> Incredible as it may seem, and I've thought I'd seen it all,

WRONG!!!

News flash:

Mooney, wacked on pain killers after mysterious floating rib injury,
begins elaborate conversation with unseen demons. Overheard mumbling,
"I am young, I am young.. Im...yungai? Laptop, please." Heady mix of
expired naprocen, a lack of h2o, bad water, and several days of
Floridian sunshine take a toll on the Moon unit. Boy seen restraining
Moon unit near game point, Moon unit frothing crazily, excerpts told to
include him having "it again," "must throw game winner," "put me in for
Jonny." Finally Tines (standing on Molly's shoulders) slams G.O.D. cup
over Mooney's head effectively muffling the noise and bringing crowd to
ovation. Mooney later seen completely naked (except for the cup on
head), strapped to the front of a Town Car. It's all on the video.