MA Regionals Storylines

frizb...@yahoo.com

Sep 28, 2007, 12:35:15 AM9/28/07
Not much being said about this tournament, and what is being said is
that it'll all go down to seed. Not sure if I'll deviate from that
too much, but here it goes anyway....

Round 1 -

Looking like it'll go to seed. Except the 7-10 game, perhaps.
Medicine Men have not had a stellar year, and could be a little shaky
Saturday morning. Greenman hasn't been all that spectacular either -
but the last time the two teams met (2004?) at Regionals, Greenman
pulled off the upset. Look for them to try it again.

HOV v Sir Duke could be good as well - Sir Duke is new this year?
Were they around with another name before? Fairly decent season with
a rough Chicago Tuneup.

Round 2 -

Mostly to seed again. Burgh v Los should be a good game. They've met
3(!) times already this season. They've been close, but 'Burgh has
taken them all 3-0. No reason why this matchup should be any
different.

Pike v E-95 Warriors - The Greenville/Highpoint crew has been losing a
bit of glory each year since LCN debuted. However, they were fairly
solid this year with the Warrior combine, but rumor has it much of
their O-line is injured. If this is true, look for Pike to walk away
with a 5+ point win (even if Pike has lost much of their luster too).
If the Warrior O-line shows up, the game should be quite a bit closer.

Truckstop and Ring should roll.

Round 3 -

Ring defeats whomever they meet. If it's Los, except the game to be
close (at least early on) - a little brother/big brother rivalry seems
to be going on. If it's 'Burgh, expect the Pitt boys to fold
relatively easily.

Truckstop v whomever - the same thing, except Pike in Los' spot and
Warriors in 'Burgh's. Either way, Truck should win it. Pike has yet
to notch a marquee win this season.

Finals -

Ring v Truck. Truck was apparently leading Ring at half in
Chesapeake, but couldn't close it out. This is another Big Brother/
Little Brother match-up, except here the Little Brother actually has a
shot at winning. Still - despite Ring's declining ability, they're
good enough to win the MA.

And as most people have been saying, the next two qualifiers will
probably be Truckstop or Pike...the gap between the top three teams
and the rest is narrower this year, but still wide enough to keep
anyone else from challenging too seriously.

Message has been deleted

vanishing...@yahoo.com

Sep 28, 2007, 10:18:41 AM9/28/07

I'll be surprised if Sir Duke scores more than 8 against HOV.

They might be tough in the next bracket down though.

vanishing...@yahoo.com

Sep 28, 2007, 10:26:05 AM9/28/07
Look for Floodwall (William, glad you guys squeaked in!!!) to get
revenge on ACDC for exiting them from Sectionals.....though I think
ACDC will have a much better Regionals than their Sectionals
indicates, and they will be happy to play Stall 12 again.

vanishing...@yahoo.com

Sep 28, 2007, 10:27:00 AM9/28/07
What happened in the Founders....lots of close teams? It looks like
one team that won it's pool didn't even make to quarters....were there
injuries or something?

vanishing...@yahoo.com

Sep 28, 2007, 10:30:08 AM9/28/07
What's the scouting report on As Good As Advertised and Roots? Where
are these fellas from?

Alex Peters

Sep 28, 2007, 10:50:49 AM9/28/07
On Sep 28, 10:30 am, vanishingvirgin...@yahoo.com wrote:
> What's the scouting report on As Good As Advertised and Roots? Where
> are these fellas from?

Roots of Rhythm is comprised mostly of current and alumni players from
Pennsbury HS (Easterns 07 champion), and some of their friends from
other areas.

dusty

Sep 28, 2007, 10:53:58 AM9/28/07
On Sep 28, 9:42 am, heltzooor <helt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Pike won't be going to nationals. Too many hungry teams nipping at
> their heels.

Yeah...

Let's get more predictions and smack talk from people who are either
not polite enough or not brave enough to sign their posts.

Or are both of you Big enough Deals that we're all supposed to know
who you are?

music on tap: cannibal ox, the cold vein

dusty.rhodes
at gmail.com

Alan J.

Sep 28, 2007, 11:05:09 AM9/28/07
That's Heltzoor of course...HOV. I'd say that comments legit. Burgh
looked good at Chesapeake against PoNY in the one game I watched of
theirs. If they don't take Pike I'd say someone else will.

Alan
HOV #we-didn't-get-jerseys-this-year-but-I'm injured-so-it-doesn't-
matter-I'll-be-guzzling-yuengling-all-day-anyway....

Handy

Sep 28, 2007, 11:07:18 AM9/28/07
On Sep 28, 10:53 am, dusty <dusty.rho...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have no connection to this but as someone who used to talk up Pike's
game in year's past to anyone who would listen (and many who wouldn't)
I was fairly unimpressed this year at the tourney's I saw them at,
especially Boston Invite, yikes. I'm not saying they won't take one
of the bids to naty's, but I don't see them making it out of pool play
when they get there

frizb...@yahoo.com

Sep 28, 2007, 11:25:36 AM9/28/07
On Sep 28, 10:53 am, dusty <dusty.rho...@gmail.com> wrote:

Not sure why this got you all wound up - I just have played against a
few of these teams, and would like to hear some chatter. I readily
admit it's based mostly on speculation, hearsay, and a little
analysis, but isn't that part of sports?

Ian

Alex Peters

Sep 28, 2007, 11:34:52 AM9/28/07
He's on Pike, and he probably has a different opinion about who is
going to make nationals...

mccants

Sep 28, 2007, 12:39:54 PM9/28/07
i think sectionals was the first time los was at full strength. i
think they inherited 4+ ring guys from 2006...some big names.

vanishing...@yahoo.com

Sep 28, 2007, 2:39:52 PM9/28/07
On Sep 28, 10:53 am, dusty <dusty.rho...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dusty, doubt your remark was in reference to my predictions which
could not be constued to affect Pike....just in a hurry, should have
left a calling card:

Brevin
vanishingvirginian AT
yahoo
DOT com

Stand by what I said though....I think it's fair, especially the part
about Sir. Duke being dangerous after HOV.

TrackStar

Sep 28, 2007, 3:08:48 PM9/28/07
> about Sir. Duke being dangerous after HOV.- Hide quoted text -

Didn't Duke lose one of its captains to a broken finger? Tad I
believe it was. Also heard Med Men is planning to fold in their 2nd
game against Truck Stop to conserve energy and shoot for the backdoor
game for the 3 spot to Nationals... is this true? If everything else
goes to seed that could have an effect on the Pike vs. Truck Stop
game, as Truck Stop would be a lot more rested. Either way Pike/Truck
Stop should be one hell of a game.

-Trackstar
As Good As Advertised
"We Suck"

Anthony...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2007, 8:55:41 PM9/28/07
In hyping my own team.

tomorrow's first round game between the 3 and 14 seed should be
interesting to say the least.

Pike cut's one of their main players LATE in the season (after cuts
were made) for herein undisclosed reasons.. and a new team was created
with one goal in mind....to beat pike.

Pike vs. AGAA.... go watch it.

-Tony
As good as Advertised