Dream Cup Update

Seth Wiggins

Mar 16, 2008, 6:16:54 AM3/16/08
Open: Buzz Bullets over Sockeye, 14 - 13
Women's: Team Japan over Fury, 15 - 9 or 10

Seppo

Mar 16, 2008, 12:06:13 PM3/16/08
On Mar 16, 5:16 am, Seth Wiggins <SethWigg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Open: Buzz Bullets over Sockeye, 14 - 13
> Women's: Team Japan over Fury, 15 - 9 or 10

Japan, the NEW Ultimate Powerhouse!

This result will make WUGC 2008 verrrrrrrrrry interesting...

Buzz Bullets - Death by a thousand paper cuts.

- Seppo #22

====================
UltiTalk.Com
The Place To Talk Ultimate.
http://www.ultitalk.com
====================

Frank Huguenard

Mar 16, 2008, 12:16:00 PM3/16/08
Wow, that's weird. A team that plays a match up zone defense and somewhat
of a motion offense beats the champs. Hmmm.

"Seppo" <matthew...@gmail.com> wrote in message

DLKar...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2008, 12:18:49 PM3/16/08
Frank, good point.

I actually just heard that the Buzz Bullets have chartered a private
jet to bring you their trophy in order to honor you for allowing them
to attain the skills they possess. It's a bold move, but necessary.

It's apparent that your time has come.

Relish the moment, you proved everyone wrong.

On Mar 16, 9:16 am, "Frank Huguenard"

<fhuguenard(no_spam)@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Wow, that's weird.  A team that plays a match up zone defense and somewhat
> of a motion offense beats the champs.  Hmmm.
>

> "Seppo" <matthew.mar...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Mar 16, 5:16 am, Seth Wiggins <SethWigg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Open: Buzz Bullets over Sockeye, 14 - 13
> >> Women's: Team Japan over Fury, 15 - 9 or 10
>
> > Japan, the NEW Ultimate Powerhouse!
>
> > This result will make WUGC 2008 verrrrrrrrrry interesting...
>
> > Buzz Bullets - Death by a thousand paper cuts.
>
> > - Seppo #22
>
> > ====================
> > UltiTalk.Com
> > The Place To Talk Ultimate.
> >http://www.ultitalk.com

Manzell

Mar 16, 2008, 12:26:38 PM3/16/08
On Mar 16, 9:16 am, "Frank Huguenard"
<fhuguenard(no_spam)@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Wow, that's weird. A team that plays a match up zone defense and somewhat
> of a motion offense beats the champs. Hmmm.

What's the Buzz Bullets record when playing in North America?

canadian

Mar 16, 2008, 1:06:56 PM3/16/08
Did Sockeye have their full squad?

Andrew

Mar 16, 2008, 2:37:56 PM3/16/08
On Mar 16, 1:06 pm, canadian <drlame...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did Sockeye have their full squad?

"Sockeye X", haha

Mike Gerics

Mar 16, 2008, 2:41:49 PM3/16/08

> Did Sockeye have their full squad?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---it was Sockeye X

Max

Mar 16, 2008, 2:42:56 PM3/16/08
On Mar 16, 12:06 pm, canadian <drlame...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did Sockeye have their full squad?

Is sockeye/buzz bullets in season or out of season?

Mike Gerics

Mar 16, 2008, 4:00:59 PM3/16/08

>> Did Sockeye have their full squad?
>
> "Sockeye X", haha

~~~~~~~~~~~

---damn...ya beat me by 4 minutes.

michael...@yale.edu

Mar 16, 2008, 4:10:40 PM3/16/08

Max

Mar 16, 2008, 6:08:15 PM3/16/08

thanks.

Seppo

Mar 17, 2008, 2:47:45 AM3/17/08
> Did Sockeye have their full squad?

I would hope so, seeing as the TDs were footing the entire bill for
Teams Sockeye and Fury...

Load 'em up and move 'em out!

Rob

Mar 17, 2008, 4:29:43 AM3/17/08
These were legit wins by Japan. I didn't hear one person on Sockeye or
Fury make any excuses for these losses and they will be taking them
very seriously in Vancouver.

On a more technical note, the wind picked up for the women's game and
so there was a lot of zone played. More miscues by Fury got them in a
hole before pulling off a run at the end to make the final score
closer than it could have been.

Sockeye took half 8-6 (2 breaks to 0) then Buzz started the second
half with a break. Buzz got 2 more breaks and they received the disc
at 13 all. It was another Buzz vs Sockeye classic with tons of great
plays by both teams.

We had 2 cameras on all the Sockeye games and at least 1 camera on all
the Fury games and most Buzz games. Stay tuned for some sick COTDs.
Should get the first one up tomorrow. Just got in to Tokyo and I need
a Saporo.

Rob

Byron Hicks

Mar 17, 2008, 8:34:32 AM3/17/08
That is not exactly true. The TD's paid for 15 people and the teams picked
up the rest of the cost.

Sockeye did not have everyone they were misssing a few people.

"Seppo" <matthew...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Knappy

Mar 17, 2008, 9:40:46 AM3/17/08
Was Buzz missing anyone when they lost by 1 in Seattle to Sockeye last
year?

Should we call that a tainted win vs Buzz X?

And, a pretty good showing by Buzz X....they went 6-2 & lost only to
Furious & sockeye.

http://www.upa.org/scores/tourn.cgi?div=20&id=3918

y'all better recognize

On Mar 17, 8:34 am, "Byron Hicks" <bhick...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> That is not exactly true. The TD's paid for 15 people and the teams picked
> up the rest of the cost.
>

> Sockeye did not have everyone they were misssing a few people."Seppo" <matthew.mar...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Did Sockeye have their full squad?
>
> > I would hope so, seeing as the TDs were footing the entire bill for
> > Teams Sockeye and Fury...
>
> > Load 'em up and move 'em out!
>
> > - Seppo #22
>
> > ====================
> > UltiTalk.Com
> > The Place To Talk Ultimate.
> >http://www.ultitalk.com

La Maldad

Mar 17, 2008, 11:27:24 AM3/17/08
On Mar 17, 5:34 am, "Byron Hicks" <bhick...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> That is not exactly true. The TD's paid for 15 people and the teams picked
> up the rest of the cost.

Their rooms and flights were covered, nothing else. Meals are on your
own.

Hh