NUMP Mens Top 25----8th ranking--April 14th

Mike Gerics

Apr 16, 2008, 7:11:51 AM4/16/08
Below you will find the 8th NUMP Mens Rankings for the 2008 College Season,
for the 2 weeks beginning April 14th.

This is the first week that voters were ranking Wisconsin OUT of the top 2
in the country, yet they retain the #2 spot for the second week in a row.

Florida earned 11 of 15 first place votes...3 second place votes and 1
5th(or 6th) place vote and remains the Top Ranked team for the second
consecutive Poll.

Michigan and Colorado round out the top 4 for the second week in a
row....while last week's #5, Texas, tumbles down 4 spots to #9.
North Carolina jumps from 8 to #5.

UNCW, despite another strong showing(second to UNC at Sectionals) dropped
from 12 to 14.

North Texas earned nearly 70 more votes this week than last week after their
run thru Texas Sectionals last week to jump from 30th....to 21st.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rank Team / #1 Votes Pts
5 North Carolina 251
12 British Columbia 180
14 UNC Wilmington 173
16 UC Santa Cruz 149
17 NC State 129
19 Las Positas 116
20 Claremont 86
21 North Texas 73
22 Cal Berkeley 67
23 Ohio State 48
24 Dartmouth 43
25 Tufts 42

other teams to earn votes included......
Notre Dame 30, Brown 29, Harvard 23, Williams 19 and UC Santa Barbara 14.

russell...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2008, 8:36:28 PM4/16/08
bump

lets get some chatter on this weeks poll

BHD

Apr 16, 2008, 9:46:43 PM4/16/08
im too lazy to check, anyone want to figure out which section has the
most teams here? which region?

Fisher

Apr 16, 2008, 10:17:19 PM4/16/08
NW has 6 in top 25 w/ Cal being the lowest at 22, AC has 5 in top 25
with NC State being lowest at 17. AC also has 2 top 5 teams while
NW's best team is UBC at 12. Can't wait for AC regionals...

andre...@comcast.net

Apr 16, 2008, 10:45:45 PM4/16/08

where is central florida at? UPA rank: 17 RR1: 21
with wins over north texas, UCSC, Claremont, UNCW, Pitt, and NC State
-->(exhibition).

tebizzle

Apr 16, 2008, 10:48:49 PM4/16/08

Central Region and Great Lakes both have three in top 25. Central at

and Great Lakes at
23 Ohio State 48

BHD

Apr 16, 2008, 11:31:56 PM4/16/08
it looks like those are all region numbers, anyone got section numbers
of top 25

Ryan Thompson

Apr 16, 2008, 11:36:57 PM4/16/08
On Apr 16, 8:31 pm, BHD <elondis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it looks like those are all region numbers, anyone got section numbers
> of top 25

Bay Area: 4
Carolina: 3

MD

Apr 17, 2008, 1:12:15 AM4/17/08
NUMP Voters! I know there has been some debate in the past, but I
wanted to put my two cents in. In the same way that tournament
seedings should not be meant to be predictive, I think that the NUMP
rankings should reflect the results up to that point, with the most
recent results weighted the heaviest.

UCSC took 14th at Centex, Stanford took 17th. UCSC took 1st at
Sectionals, Stanford took 2nd.

I think most people (myself included) would pick Stanford over UCSC to
finish in the top 2 at NW Regionals, but that does not mean they
should be ranked higher in this week's NUMP. Give the Slugs the props
they deserve!

I don't know enough about Texas/North Texas to comment on them . . .

Mike Gerics

Apr 17, 2008, 7:02:30 AM4/17/08
> where is central florida at? UPA rank: 17 RR1: 21
> with wins over north texas, UCSC, Claremont, UNCW, Pitt, and NC State

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--Central Florida earned some votes....but not enough to be top 30....

curiously, when were their wins......
vs UNCW back on Jan 19(9-8)
vs Claremont Feb 8....(13-5, killed them)
vs North Texas Feb 10(7-2?)
vs Pitt at Stanford March 9(13-8)
i didn't find an NCState game on their schedule...but it could be there....

Mike Gerics

Apr 17, 2008, 7:08:10 AM4/17/08
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---WHO CARES IF YOU don't know enough to comment on Texas/North Texas.
YOUR logic alones tells you enough, right??????
your NUMP voting philosophy would have you give North Texas a higher rank
than Texas......i mean....don't say you don't "know" enough about the two
teams.
you "KNOW" that UNT just beat Texas, so you don't have to "know" anything
about the two teams.....because yo already made it clear how YOU would rank
them.

your post is stupid.....because you clearely state one view....and a
sentence later.....you scrap what you wrote about UCSC/Stanford.

PERSONALLY......i would rank my nump ballot SECOND TO SECOND -and- WIN TO
WIN......but every Panel Member is given the option to vote however they
want to.......
.......and that's how we get the NUMP Polls.....and i love 'em!