So Cal Sectionals - results open

aztecu...@hotmail.com

Sep 19, 2005, 1:17:55 PM9/19/05
Saturday Pool Play
Condors 4-0 PBR 4-0
Faded 2-2 Monster 3-1
Boner 3-1 A.N.T. 1-3
UCLA 1-3 Claremont 2-2
Oxy 0-4 USD 0-4

That setup Sunday brackets like this...

Quarters
Monster def. Faded (15-?)
Boner and the Samurai def. Claremont (15-?)

Semis
Condors over Monster (15-7)
PBR over Boner (15-11)

Finals
Condors over PBR (15-12) In front of the largest crowd at a so cal
sectionals ever!

Condors took half 8-5 pulling to PBR. Streetgang came into the second
half fired up scoring several in a row to tie it at 9's. Traded the
next two points to 10's. PBR didn't convert on a couple Condor turns,
Condors go up 12-10. Trade the next few points. Condors pull it out for
the win.

Saturday scores can be found at
http://www.scripps.edu/~lenta/results.html

Big thanks to the guys at Claremont (Calle/Wells) for hooking up the
fields on such short notice. Dave Flock for all his help with
setup/takedown, and toting me around all weekend. Couldn't have down it
without you bud.

On to regionals!

-Ross Lenta
So Cal SC Open

Chris Van Holmes

Sep 19, 2005, 5:37:59 PM9/19/05
I didn't realize tournament formats gave byes to the semis, while
other teams played in.

is this in the new version of tournament formats?

CVH

aztecultimate> Saturday Pool Play Condors 4-0 PBR 4-0 Faded 2-2
aztecultimate> Monster 3-1 Boner 3-1 A.N.T. 1-3 UCLA 1-3 Claremont
aztecultimate> 2-2 Oxy 0-4 USD 0-4

aztecultimate> That setup Sunday brackets like this...

aztecultimate> Quarters Monster def. Faded (15-?) Boner and the
aztecultimate> Samurai def. Claremont (15-?)

aztecultimate> Semis Condors over Monster (15-7) PBR over Boner
aztecultimate> (15-11)

aztecultimate> Finals Condors over PBR (15-12) In front of the
aztecultimate> largest crowd at a so cal sectionals ever!

aztecultimate> Condors took half 8-5 pulling to PBR. Streetgang came
aztecultimate> into the second half fired up scoring several in a
aztecultimate> row to tie it at 9's. Traded the next two points to
aztecultimate> 10's. PBR didn't convert on a couple Condor turns,
aztecultimate> Condors go up 12-10. Trade the next few
aztecultimate> points. Condors pull it out for the win.

aztecultimate> Saturday scores can be found at
aztecultimate> http://www.scripps.edu/~lenta/results.html

aztecultimate> Big thanks to the guys at Claremont (Calle/Wells) for
aztecultimate> hooking up the fields on such short notice. Dave
aztecultimate> Flock for all his help with setup/takedown, and
aztecultimate> toting me around all weekend. Couldn't have down it
aztecultimate> without you bud.

aztecultimate> On to regionals!

aztecultimate> -Ross Lenta So Cal SC Open

Link

Sep 19, 2005, 8:36:58 PM9/19/05
Nice work PBR!!

Brian

Sep 20, 2005, 1:15:40 PM9/20/05
Yup. The manual is well-used in the Southwest where we have odd #'s of
teams both attending & advancing.

SoCal Open Sectionals was a 10 team tourney with 8 teams advancing to
Regionals. Refer to the 2005 manual, 10.7. The 3 pool leaders play
bracket 6.2.2, a 6-team modified elimination from 2 pools, which gives
the original pool winners byes to the semis. (Actually, as I check
last year's manual, it was the same format).

Great job by PBR's Ross Lenta as the Sectional Coordinator down there.
He volunteered on short notice and was forced into finding last-minute
fields, but everything went silky smooth for the SoCal Open division
this past weekend. Thanks!

Brian
Sectional Champion