A Confession?

rodney...@gmail.com

May 26, 2008, 12:28:02 AM5/26/08
"We too are glad to be doctors, one up and coming, the other here and
going. We have had our doubts: one of us seriously considered a
career on the stage, the other as a historian [...]. These remain our
hobbies, unlike the famous cricketer, WG Grace, who took 10 years to
qualify as a doctor, saying: 'Medicine is my hobby, cricket is my
profession.'" -- Richards, Peter; Stockill, Simon: /Learning
Medicine/, p. 132

Unknown

May 26, 2008, 3:42:35 PM5/26/08
On Sun, 25 May 2008 21:28:02 -0700 (PDT), rodney...@gmail.com
wrote:

Haven't taken medicine since 2001.
Maybe the odd brufen if there might be a chance of an impending
hangover.

max.it

rodney...@gmail.com

May 26, 2008, 5:04:52 PM5/26/08
On May 26, 9:42 pm, (max.it) declared:
[...]

> Haven't taken medicine since 2001.
> Maybe the odd brufen if there might be a chance of an impending
> hangover.

A pharmacophobe after my own heart murmur.

Diastolically,
Rodney Ulyate

Robert Henderson

May 29, 2008, 2:53:23 AM5/29/08
In message
<e1fdf25b-e89e-493c...@j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
rodney...@gmail.com writes

>WG Grace, who took 10 years to qualify as a doctor, saying: 'Medicine
>is my hobby, cricket is my profession

How very true for he was the most famous shameteur ever. RH

--
Robert Henderson
Blair Scandal website: http://www.geocities.com/ blairscandal/

rodney...@gmail.com

May 30, 2008, 4:40:16 AM5/30/08
On May 29, 8:53 am, Robert Henderson <phi...@anywhere.demon.co.uk>
remarked:
> In message
> <e1fdf25b-e89e-493c-82de-5a4dc9afe...@j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
> rodney.uly...@gmail.com writes

> >WG Grace, who took 10 years to qualify as a doctor, saying: 'Medicine
> >is my hobby, cricket is my profession
> How very true for he was the most famous shameteur ever. RH

Seen that quote before? Its provenance is dubitable.

Kindest,
Rodney Ulyate