P*ters*n^3

Chan

Jan 20, 2012, 1:08:44 PM1/20/12
Today we had c Petersen b Peterson. When will we get the chance to see
Pietersen c Petersen b Peterson? It would be a truly unique
occurrence, taking into account the spellings are all different.

- Chan

vijay...@my-deja.com

Jan 20, 2012, 1:57:50 PM1/20/12
much chatter on CI about this dismissal and the names.

Geraint Jones & Simon Jones being talked about..the
Zim Whitalls, Strangs and Flowers come to mind...
Kenya with their Obuyas, Otienos, Sujis...the
Waughs...the Ranatungas...but many of these are related.
If we were to restrict ourselves to unrelated players with
the same family name, there must be some Smiths
and Singhs (Yuvraj & Harbhajan?) somewhere in history
playing together and sharing credits for a dismissal. I seem
to remember c Ajay Sharma b Sanjeev Sharma in
some instances. The Ratnayekes Rumesh & Ravi, must
have come together for some dismissals, as well.

Vijay

sdavmor

Jan 20, 2012, 4:18:35 PM1/20/12
On 01/20/2012 10:57 AM, vijay...@my-deja.com wrote:
> On Jan 20, 11:08 pm, Chan<chan.fons...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Today we had c Petersen b Peterson. When will we get the chance
>> to see Pietersen c Petersen b Peterson? It would be a truly
>> unique occurrence, taking into account the spellings are all
>> different.
>>
>> - Chan
>
> much chatter on CI about this dismissal and the names.
>
> Geraint Jones & Simon Jones being talked about..the Zim Whitalls,
> Strangs and Flowers come to mind... Kenya with their Obuyas,
> Otienos, Sujis...the Waughs...the Ranatungas...but many of these
> are related. If we were to restrict ourselves to unrelated players
> with the same family name, there must be some Smiths and Singhs
> (Yuvraj& Harbhajan?) somewhere in history playing together and
> sharing credits for a dismissal. I seem to remember c Ajay Sharma b
> Sanjeev Sharma in some instances. The Ratnayekes Rumesh& Ravi,
> must have come together for some dismissals, as well.
>
> Vijay

With Durham having Graham Onions and Phil Mustard on the roster
together there has to have been some xxx c Mustard b Onions combos
guaranteed to cause a chuckle or two. There have to be a few guys
on the county circuit with food related names. i.e. if one of the
Namibian Burger's were playing them and was dismissed caught at the
wicket it would lead to a classic Burger c Mustard b Onions, etc.
http://mikedickson.org.uk

Vezper

Jan 20, 2012, 5:42:10 PM1/20/12
That's funny, sometime back I compiled an XI , this was of course some
research

Bacon FH
Bean JA
Cake RQ
Cheese ML
Puri DR
Lamb AR
Rice Clive
Cook, N
Crisp ,Bob
Onions
Mustard

12th man Crapp JF

Umpires Fagg A and Smoker HG

Now that i have Mustard and Onions ..list is complete

Vezper...

eusebius

Jan 20, 2012, 6:47:30 PM1/20/12
On Jan 21, 8:42 am, Vezper <peterma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 20, 12:08 pm, Chan <chan.fons...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Today we had c Petersen b Peterson. When will we get the chance to see
> > Pietersen c Petersen b Peterson? It would be a truly unique
> > occurrence, taking into account the spellings are all different.
>
> > - Chan
>
> That's funny, sometime back I compiled an XI , this was of course some
> research
>
> Bacon FH
> Bean  JA
> Cake  RQ
> Cheese ML
> Puri   DR
> Lamb   AR
> Rice  Clive
> Cook, N
> Crisp ,Bob
> Onions
> Mustard
>
> 12th man Crapp JF
I don't see the connection between various types of food and Crapp, to
be honest

Southpaw

Jan 20, 2012, 8:46:35 PM1/20/12
In a T20 game in Chicago 6 years ago, there was a Hassan Shah c
Chintan Shah b Samarth Shah dismissal. The funny thing was that the 3
were adherents of different religions - the batsman is Muslim, the
catcher Jain, the bowler (at least nominally) Hindu.

-Samarth.

sdavmor

Jan 20, 2012, 11:43:53 PM1/20/12
That's marvelous! Well done.

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer

Jan 21, 2012, 3:49:23 AM1/21/12

"Chan" <chan.f...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Chan,

Sorry but Welcome to the Chipped Human Matrix.

Brian Lawrence

Jan 21, 2012, 7:20:54 AM1/21/12
Not necessarily a complete list, but these pairs of same-named fielders
and bowlers have shared dismissals.

Aus c GHS Trott b AE Trott 1 brothers
Ind c Mushtaq Ali b Nazir Ali 1 "
Ind c CK Nayudu b CS Nayudu 1 "
Aus c VY Richardson b AJ Richardson 1
Pak st Imtiaz Ahmed b Zulfiqar Ahmed 4
Pak c Hanif Mohammad b Khan Mohammad 1
SAf c EAB Rowan b AMB Rowan 5 brothers
SAf c sub (A Tayfield) b HJ Tayfield 1 "
Pak c Hanif M. b Mushtaq M. 2 "
Pak c Mohammad Ilyas b Mushtaq M. 1
SAf c RG Pollock b PM Pollock 3 brothers
Aus c IM Chappell b GS Chappell 3 "
Aus c GS Chappell b IM Chappell 2 "
Pak c Majid Khan b Imran Khan 10
Pak c Imran Khan b Majid Khan 1
Pak c Sadiq M. b Mushtaq M. 2 brothers
Pak c Mohammad Nazir b Mushtaq M. 1
Pak c Ijaz Ahmed b Tauseef Ahmed 1
NZ c JJ Crowe b MD Crowe 3 brothers
Pak c Mohsin Khan b Imran Khan 7
Pak c Imran Khan b Zakir Khan 2
Pak c Mohsin Khan b Zakir Khan 1
Pak c Qasim Omar b Iqbal Qasim 3
Ind c sub (Gursharan S.) b Maninder 1 [Singh]
Pak c Akram Raza b Wasim Akram 1
Pak c Mohammad Akram b Wasim Akram 1
Pak c Ijaz Ahmed b Mushtaq Ahmed 5
WI c WKM Benjamin b KCG Benjamin 1
Pak c Javed Miandad b Aqib Javed 1
Pak c Moin Khan b Imran Khan 1
Pak c/st Moin Khan b Arshad Khan 6
Pak c Mushtaq Ahmed b Saqlain Musht. 2
Ind c MSK Prasad b BKV Prasad 4
Zim c PA Strang b BC Strang 1 brothers
Zim c BC Strang b PA Strang 2 "
Ind c RR Singh b Harbhajan Singh 2
Aus c SR Waugh b ME Waugh 2 twins
Zim c AR Whittall b GJ Whittall 2 brothers [one as substitute]
Pak c Mushtaq Ahmed b Shabbir Ahm. 1
SL c TCB Fernando b CRD Fernando 1
SL c KHRK Fernando b CRD Fernando 1
Ban c Aminul Islam b Manjural Islam 1
Eng c GO Jones b SP Jones 9 ###
Pak c Younis Khan b Arshad Khan 3 ###
Ban c Khaled Mashud b Khaled Mahmud 4
SL c ASA Perera b PDRL Perera 1
Ind c Yuvraj Singh b Harbhajan S. 8 ###
Pak c Younis Khan b Waqar Younis 4
Ind c Yuvraj Singh b RP Singh 1 ###
Ind c Yuvraj Singh b VRV Singh 1 ###

Aus c IW Johnson b WA Johnston 5 diff. spelling
SL c RJ Ratnayake b JR Ratneyeke 1 "
WI c RB Richardson b IVA Richards 1 "

### Roughly 49% of fielder/bowler data missing from 2007-12 (IE I can't scan it)

I'll also add that David Holford caught 4 catches off the bowling of his cousin Garry
Sobers, and there were another 4 caught by Sobers off Holford.