Saffer fans (and others too) what's it gonna be?

Nirvanam

Nov 9, 2010, 2:47:13 PM11/9/10

Haider's incident is extremely disturbing. Of course we do not know what
the truth of the matter is and all of us are just speculating. But if
Haider's claims are true then where does this leave you (and us)?

In spite of Pak cricket being under not just a microscope but an electron
microscope if the fixers (I have no doubt it is Dawood gang's strabglehold
on Pak cricket and fixing market, now) want the cricketers to play and
continue FIXing, what do u feel about the legitimacy of any of these
games?

Ya thunk Saffers are having a word with CSA regarding this series?

Nirvanam

Nov 9, 2010, 2:54:25 PM11/9/10
In article <MPG.274402f7d...@reader.albasani.net>,
viz.s...@gmail.com says...

And now this is what the ICC CEO has to say?
Lorgat did concede, though, that Haider erred in not informing the ACSU.
"I think we have to build the confidence amongst the players that the
right thing to do is to speak to the ACSU officials if they have got
anything that they want to declare," he told ESPNcricinfo. "I don't think
it was wise of him to have done what he did, because it doesn't solve the
problems for him as well and the right thing would have been to speak to
the ACSU."

Seriously is Lorgat speaking from his ass or what? He expects Haider to go
to the ACSU which is neither a security agency nor has any legitimacy in
law of a land, when the poor fellow is being threatened by an underworld
don who has the money to buy ACSU 10 times over??? Its no longer a matter
of match fixing...it is a matter of life and death of the cricketer.
Fucking hell, is it not better for ICC to just ask Pak to take a break
from cricket now?

max.it

Nov 9, 2010, 3:50:41 PM11/9/10
On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 01:24:25 +0530, Nirvanam <viz.s...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Makes you wonder about selections, and injuries and who is really
pulling the strings. Pakistan seem to be going back to old hands,
younis, shoaib -. It almost seems like the new guys have been knobbled
before they even arrive on the scene. The pcb has lost trust in it's
own board members.

max.it

Nirvanam

Nov 9, 2010, 4:06:02 PM11/9/10
In article <4cd9b0b9...@news.btinternet.com>, max.it says...

I am getting the feeling that PCB itself is not relevant in pak's
cricket...at least when it comes to pak's international cricket.

I dunno abt Woolmer now...althiugh I am not sure why he would have been
murdered i.e. if he was and if he really was murdered then there is no
doubt he would've known about the loss to Ireland or other such murky
affairs. Then Lawson comes up with his revelations of needing to talk to
Musharraf for player selection and protection. And now this.

I remember reading somewhere recently that Amir wept in front of Ijaz Butt
(or other board members / senate committee...not sure) that he was only
following the orders of Salman Butt and that he was forced to do it and
all. Its best for the cricketers of Pakistan to take a break for a couple
of years I feel

max.it

Nov 9, 2010, 5:06:03 PM11/9/10
On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 02:36:02 +0530, Nirvanam <viz.s...@gmail.com>
wrote:

My friend is an older guy, he was born in India before partition. Not
sure of the details but he has a close Pakistan connection. He told me
during a match this past season, that pcb and bcci to some extent were
'fast buck' business men. I was commenting on the way the pcb
officials were being ripped to pieces by bbc interviewers. In so many
words, he said, these officials can only see the next dollar
contract.and in true Indian fashion he asked, how can a simple
businessman deal with international sport? The guy is a millionaire
I'm sure, and he umpires matches for relaxation? (he's very relaxed)

That may all sound a bit cryptic, but what I made from it was. The pcb
have about the same mentality as a corner shop keeper.

max.it

Bob Dubery

Nov 10, 2010, 6:52:08 AM11/10/10
On Nov 9, 9:47 pm, Nirvanam <viz.sha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ya thunk Saffers are having a word with CSA regarding this series?

I think there will be nothing official. If they express a desire to
pull out then the inference taken will be that any Pakistan team
fielded is tainted and that will not sit well with the PCB (who are
already threatening legal action against Micky Arthur).

The players may view the series as tainted and a victory hollow but I
would expect that anybody harbouring such thoughts will not go on the
record. I would expect that Smith or Van Zyl would tell any worried
player to not be complacent and to prepare and play as hard as they
can.