You Can Take Your Money ...

arahim

Feb 5, 2008, 1:01:02 AM2/5/08
Shoaib refuses retainer after he was left out of the central
contracts.
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/334514.html

PCB is up to its old idiocies. Danish now has a C category contract
like Fawad Alam. As much potential as Fawad may have to put the two in
the same category at this point is well worthy of the PCB.
http://www.dailyindia.com/show/212603.php/New-PCB-contracts-will-spread-dissent-in-team:-Raja

If indeed the contracts are so performance based over the last year
one wonders how Shoaib Malik can fall in category A with all the other
names there. Similarly it is odd that Afridi and Gul get category B.
http://www.dawn.com/2008/01/26/spt1.htm

Money may or may not be important but producing this kind of
categorization will lead to internal problems. Naas continues.

Geico Caveman

Feb 5, 2008, 2:36:46 AM2/5/08
arahim wrote:

> Shoaib refuses retainer after he was left out of the central
> contracts.
> http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/334514.html

Shoaib was the best bowler in India when he was fit. But that is the
perennial problem with him - fitness or his brain explosions.

> PCB is up to its old idiocies. Danish now has a C category contract
> like Fawad Alam. As much potential as Fawad may have to put the two in
> the same category at this point is well worthy of the PCB.

http://www.dailyindia.com/show/212603.php/New-PCB-contracts-will-spread-dissent-in-team:-Raja

Danish's performances in the past few years have not been very good, though
few people can argue that he deserves demotion to such a low level. Its a
fair bet that his continued unfortunate religious affiliation in a team
that fights for Muslims everywhere (ref. Shoaib Malik's comments at the end
of the Twenty20 WC) and is dominated by the followers of the notorious
Tablighi Jamaat might have a lot to do with it.

> If indeed the contracts are so performance based over the last year
> one wonders how Shoaib Malik can fall in category A with all the other
> names there. Similarly it is odd that Afridi and Gul get category B.
> http://www.dawn.com/2008/01/26/spt1.htm

It would be very hard for PCB (or any other board) to put the captain in
anything but category A. Shoaib Malik does not deserve it on the basis of
his performances, but his case is hardly unprecedented. Ganguly was a
category A player deep into the long end of his captaincy long after he had
become a passenger.

brijesh.k...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2008, 2:45:38 AM2/5/08
On Feb 4, 10:01 pm, arahim <arahim_ara...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Shoaib refuses retainer after he was left out of the central
> contracts.http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/334514.html

> PCB is up to its old idiocies. Danish now has a C category contract

Hopefully for Pakistan it motivates both the bowlers for the upcoming
series. They are both capable of being very destructive. The Aus-
Pakistan series would be fantastic if Danish, Shoaib, Misbah, Younis
and Yousuf fire all together

> like Fawad Alam. As much potential as Fawad may have to put the two in

> the same category at this point is well worthy of the PCB.http://www.dailyindia.com/show/212603.php/New-PCB-contracts-will-spre...

> If indeed the contracts are so performance based over the last year
> one wonders how Shoaib Malik can fall in category A with all the other

> names there. Similarly it is odd that Afridi and Gul get category B.http://www.dawn.com/2008/01/26/spt1.htm

arahim

Feb 5, 2008, 3:08:58 PM2/5/08
On Feb 4, 11:45 pm, brijesh.khergam...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 4, 10:01 pm, arahim <arahim_ara...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Shoaib refuses retainer after he was left out of the central
> > contracts.http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/334514.html
>
> > PCB is up to its old idiocies. Danish now has a C category contract
>
> Hopefully for Pakistan it motivates both the bowlers for the upcoming
> series. They are both capable of being very destructive. The Aus-
> Pakistan series would be fantastic if Danish, Shoaib, Misbah, Younis
> and Yousuf fire all together

It should be a very interesting series (not necessarily interesting
games) if it happens. Over the last decade Pakistan has a very very
poor record against Australia. However, Australia has not been in
Pakistan in a long time. So while the Indian experience will stand
them in good stead I think of the current team only Ponting (1 Test)
and MacGill (if he gets selected) have toured Pakistan. Their bowling
in general is relatively new especially if MacGill does not get
selected. The problem for Pakistan is that their batting (apart from
the three that you mention) is nonexistant. Their only hope lies in
the fact that they should know the wickets better.

Malik needs to give up the spin strategy (especially if his three fast
bowlers are fit) that was deployed against the S Africans and has been
erroneously applied many times before. The problem is that this
Pakistani batting lineup is equally inept at playing spin and fast
bowling. Pakistan should rely on fast pitches. Ponting and Hayden have
very poor records against Shoaib. He should target them.

> > like Fawad Alam. As much potential as Fawad may have to put the two in
> > the same category at this point is well worthy of the PCB.http://www.dailyindia.com/show/212603.php/New-PCB-contracts-will-spre...
>
> > If indeed the contracts are so performance based over the last year
> > one wonders how Shoaib Malik can fall in category A with all the other
> > names there. Similarly it is odd that Afridi and Gul get category B.http://www.dawn.com/2008/01/26/spt1.htm
>
> > Money may or may not be important but producing this kind of

> > categorization will lead to internal problems. Naas continues.- Hide quoted text -

arahim

Feb 5, 2008, 4:21:54 PM2/5/08
On Feb 4, 11:36 pm, Geico Caveman <spammers-go-h...@spam.invalid>
wrote:

> arahim wrote:
> > Shoaib refuses retainer after he was left out of the central
> > contracts.
> >http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/334514.html
>
> Shoaib was the best bowler in India when he was fit. But that is the
> perennial problem with him - fitness or his brain explosions.
>
> > PCB is up to its old idiocies. Danish now has a C category contract
> > like Fawad Alam. As much potential as Fawad may have to put the two in
> > the same category at this point is well worthy of the PCB.
>
> http://www.dailyindia.com/show/212603.php/New-PCB-contracts-will-spre...

> Danish's performances in the past few years have not been very good, though
> few people can argue that he deserves demotion to such a low level. Its a
> fair bet that his continued unfortunate religious affiliation in a team
> that fights for Muslims everywhere (ref. Shoaib Malik's comments at the end
> of the Twenty20 WC) and is dominated by the followers of the notorious
> Tablighi Jamaat might have a lot to do with it.

As true as saying Ganguly converted to islam and offers prayers after
looking at this video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZMwo3nOqW8

arahim

Feb 5, 2008, 8:15:22 PM2/5/08
On Feb 4, 10:01 pm, arahim <arahim_ara...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Shoaib refuses retainer after he was left out of the central
> contracts.http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/334514.html

> PCB is up to its old idiocies. Danish now has a C category contract
> like Fawad Alam. As much potential as Fawad may have to put the two in
> the same category at this point is well worthy of the PCB.http://www.dailyindia.com/show/212603.php/New-PCB-contracts-will-spre...

> If indeed the contracts are so performance based over the last year
> one wonders how Shoaib Malik can fall in category A with all the other
> names there. Similarly it is odd that Afridi and Gul get category B.http://www.dawn.com/2008/01/26/spt1.htm

> Money may or may not be important but producing this kind of
> categorization will lead to internal problems. Naas continues.

More on the points. How were these points awarded. It seems bizaare
that the captain scores so low on discipline. Also strange that Butt
scores more than Afridi overall. Basically a lot of players scoring
close to Afridi's score should not be that close. Danish below Anjum
is very odd.