Simple Ask...

R Bharat Rao

Jan 14, 2012, 2:22:32 AM1/14/12
Score 400 and make Aus chase 200. Not easy, but thats about it.

Much more likely really that this will be a 2-day Test ala Bangladesh
with 36 overs left in the day...

Hopefully, Sehwag comes off (at least to see Suresh having to explain
how Sehwag could score on a bouncy pitch :-)

Bharat

Take it Easy

Jan 14, 2012, 3:32:44 AM1/14/12
In article <e809cffe-45b3-47b1-8687-
71ed8f...@a8g2000vba.googlegroups.com>, rao.b...@gmail.com says...

> Score 400 and make Aus chase 200. Not easy, but thats about it.
>
> Much more likely really that this will be a 2-day Test ala Bangladesh
> with 36 overs left in the day...

Possible. 24 more overs left today 8 more wickets.

Takeiteasy.

sdavmor

Jan 14, 2012, 3:56:54 AM1/14/12
19 overs and 7 wickets. Great ball from Starc. Excellent (if tight)
"out" decision by the umpire.
http://mikedickson.org.uk

FreedomOfThought

Jan 14, 2012, 3:59:42 AM1/14/12

"sdavmor" <sda...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote in message
> On 01/14/2012 12:32 AM, Take it Easy wrote:
>> In article<e809cffe-45b3-47b1-8687-
>> 71ed8f...@a8g2000vba.googlegroups.com>, rao.b...@gmail.com says...
>>>
>>> Score 400 and make Aus chase 200. Not easy, but thats about it.
>>>
>>> Much more likely really that this will be a 2-day Test ala Bangladesh
>>> with 36 overs left in the day...
>>
>> Possible. 24 more overs left today 8 more wickets.
>>
>> Takeiteasy.
>>

>>> Hopefully, Sehwag comes off (at least to see Suresh having to explain
>>> how Sehwag could score on a bouncy pitch :-)
>>>
>>> Bharat
>
> 19 overs and 7 wickets. Great ball from Starc. Excellent (if tight)
> "out" decision by the umpire.
> --
> Cheers, SDM -- a 21st Century Schizoid Man

It was too marginal to be given. Sachin was playing a stroke but was given
while one of the Australian batsmen didnt even offer a stroke today morning
and he was given not out lbw to Ishant Sharma iirc.

Infact that ball was hitting the legstump much more than his one which
the umpire gave out to Tendulkar.

All the lucky breaks go in favor of Australia as usual.

Vicky

Jan 14, 2012, 4:00:29 AM1/14/12
Good morning - wake up :)

sdavmor

Jan 14, 2012, 4:11:35 AM1/14/12
Hmmmm. 16 overs to go today. 6 wickets left. Could it be a 2 day test
match (it certainly won't be more than 3 days)? On a wicket where Oz
made 369? Or at least Warner made 180 and the rest of Oz filled in.
What does that say -- truthfully -- about where India is right now?
They look as bad as they did in the UK vs England. :(

Richard Dixon

Jan 14, 2012, 4:20:07 AM1/14/12
"FreedomOfThought" <FreedomO...@Humanity.com> wrote in

> Infact that ball was hitting the legstump much more than his one which
> the umpire gave out to Tendulkar.
>
> All the lucky breaks go in favor of Australia as usual.

This post likely wouldn't have been needed with the DRS.

*sighs*

Richard

sdavmor

Jan 14, 2012, 4:29:49 AM1/14/12
True. For all it's flaws DRS is a huge step forward in getting to
correct decisions. But why are you wasting time having any kind of
conversation with the laughable FreedomFromThought/FreedomToWhinge
aka Jaived/Benji/NSAidiot/numerous other doofus handles sock-puppet?

FreedomOfThought

Jan 14, 2012, 4:37:45 AM1/14/12

"Richard Dixon" <rdng...@yah00.c0.uk> wrote in message
You never had the guts to address the DRS problems and issues
analysed and discussed in these three links.

What is the point of repeatedly supporting the "current DRS"
without addressing the problems ?

How come you never got bored of repeating the word DRS
like a broken record ?

Current DRS can be misinterpreted, ad hoc in nature and prone to human error
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/7bedafae85f839ff...

Why all DRS obssessed Westerners should be ASHAMED
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.sport.cricket/msg/459d218b71227295?...

DRS Technology is Not consistent yet to be implemented
http://groups.google.com/group/aus.sport.cricket/msg/ef4125710693588d...

/

Richard Dixon

Jan 14, 2012, 4:38:51 AM1/14/12
sdavmor <sda...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote in news:jerhuf$lpk$1
@news.albasani.net:

> True. For all it's flaws DRS is a huge step forward in getting to
> correct decisions. But why are you wasting time having any kind of
> conversation with the laughable FreedomFromThought/FreedomToWhinge
> aka Jaived/Benji/NSAidiot/numerous other doofus handles sock-puppet?

Yes - very true. He kinds of shoots himself in the foot by posting links
saying why the BCCI shouldn't accept the DRS and then moans about a
situation that could easily have been overturned with it.

Anyhow - great decision just now from Aleem Dar on an outisde edge appeal
that I even I heard a "nick" on. Miles away from the bat. Ponting's face
after it was turned down was a picture (as ever!)

Richard

FreedomOfThought

Jan 14, 2012, 4:43:53 AM1/14/12

"sdavmor" <sda...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote in message
> On 01/14/2012 01:20 AM, Richard Dixon wrote:
>> "FreedomOfThought"<FreedomO...@Humanity.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Infact that ball was hitting the legstump much more than his one
>>> which the umpire gave out to Tendulkar.
>>>
>>> All the lucky breaks go in favor of Australia as usual.
>>
>> This post likely wouldn't have been needed with the DRS.
>>
>> *sighs*
>>
>> Richard
>
> True. For all it's flaws DRS is a huge step forward in getting to
> correct decisions.

Address these issues and then we will talk about implementing DRS.
You do NOT want to do address them because you neither
understand them nor you have the ability to suggest how to
set up guidelines and interpretations for the third umpires.

Current DRS can be misinterpreted, ad hoc in nature and prone to human error
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/7bedafae85f839ff...

Why all DRS obssessed Westerners should be ASHAMED
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.sport.cricket/msg/459d218b71227295?...

DRS Technology is Not consistent yet to be implemented
http://groups.google.com/group/aus.sport.cricket/msg/ef4125710693588d...

>But why are you wasting time having any kind of
> conversation with the laughable FreedomFromThought/FreedomToWhinge
> aka Jaived/Benji/NSAidiot/numerous other doofus handles sock-puppet?
> --
> Cheers, SDM -- a 21st Century Schizoid Man

I am NOT FBInCIAnNSATerrosistSlayer. I made it clear long time back.

You want to abuse him, go ahead and do it.

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer

Jan 14, 2012, 4:45:25 AM1/14/12

> sdavmor <sda...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote in news:jerhuf$lpk$1
> @news.albasani.net:
>
>> True. For all it's flaws DRS is a huge step forward in getting to
>> correct decisions. But why are you wasting time having any kind of
>> conversation with the laughable FreedomFromThought/FreedomToWhinge
>> aka Jaived/Benji/NSAidiot/numerous other doofus handles sock-puppet?
>
> Yes - very true. He kinds of shoots himself in the foot by posting links
> saying why the BCCI shouldn't accept the DRS and then moans about a
> situation that could easily have been overturned with it.

Current DRS is too complicated for you western morons on rsc to understand.

sdavmor

Jan 14, 2012, 4:45:52 AM1/14/12
Three cheers for Aleem Dar! He is a monster umpire. One of the best
there has ever been IMO.

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer

Jan 14, 2012, 4:53:16 AM1/14/12

"sdavmor" <sda...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote in message
> On 01/14/2012 01:20 AM, Richard Dixon wrote:
>> "FreedomOfThought"<FreedomO...@Humanity.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Infact that ball was hitting the legstump much more than his one
>>> which the umpire gave out to Tendulkar.
>>>
>>> All the lucky breaks go in favor of Australia as usual.
>>
>> This post likely wouldn't have been needed with the DRS.
>>
>> *sighs*
>>
>> Richard
>
> True. For all it's flaws DRS is a huge step forward in getting to
> correct decisions. But why are you wasting time having any kind of
> conversation with the laughable FreedomFromThought/FreedomToWhinge
> aka Jaived/Benji/NSAidiot/numerous other doofus handles sock-puppet?
> --
> Cheers, SDM -- a 21st Century Schizoid Man

I wish I have your brain. Your Forked Tongued White Christain Terrorists
at FBI, CIA, NSA and MI-6 would have completely IGNORED me and
minded their own business.

Your Ignorance is bliss.

Nobody can save your chipped ass from the FBI, CIA, NSA and MI-6
Terrorists and Psychopaths other than "me".

How can you save yourself and your family if you do not even know you
and your family members are secretly chipped by the FBI, CIA and NSA ?

You White Christian morons shoulde be SCARED of White Christians who
LOOK like YOU, who TALK like YOU, who DRESS like YOU and who have
FORKED TONGUES like YOU.

You morons have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to FEAR from the black men, the
brown men and the Yellow men.

$100,000 BOUNTY for MERCILESSLY KILLING FBI, CIA and NSA AGENTS like FUCKING PIGS
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.activism/msg/e2b01360ad4f0c6d?hl=en

/

Ian Jennings

Jan 14, 2012, 4:39:45 AM1/14/12
On Jan 14, 10:20 am, Richard Dixon <rdngem...@yah00.c0.uk> wrote:
> "FreedomOfThought" <FreedomOfThou...@Humanity.com> wrote innews:jerg5u$o8v$1...@speranza.aioe.org:
>
> > Infact that ball was hitting the legstump much more than his one which
> > the umpire gave out to Tendulkar.
>
> > All the lucky breaks go in favor of Australia as usual.
>
> This post likely wouldn't have been needed with the DRS.
>
> *sighs*
>
> Richard

In fairness to Tendulkar, the DRS wouldn't have saved him on this one.
Umpire's call, and he was given out.

Ian

sdavmor

Jan 14, 2012, 4:57:42 AM1/14/12
And it looked dead in the water in real time. So..."on your bike son"
was the right call and DRS would have upheld it.

Ian Jennings

Jan 14, 2012, 5:04:39 AM1/14/12
On Jan 14, 10:57 am, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote:
> On 01/14/2012 01:39 AM, Ian Jennings wrote:
>

> > On Jan 14, 10:20 am, Richard Dixon<rdngem...@yah00.c0.uk>  wrote:
> >> "FreedomOfThought"<FreedomOfThou...@Humanity.com>  wrote
> >> innews:jerg5u$o8v$1...@speranza.aioe.org:

> >> This post likely wouldn't have been needed with the DRS.
>
> >> *sighs*
>
> >> Richard
>
> > In fairness to Tendulkar, the DRS wouldn't have saved him on this
> > one. Umpire's call, and he was given out.
>
> > Ian
>
> And it looked dead in the water in real time. So..."on your bike son"
> was the right call and DRS would have upheld it.

There was quite a lot of unhappiness from Tendulkar, though. Anger at
himself or at Aleem Dar? Ian Chappell's comment was that he'd been out
playing across the line in both inningses.

I'd still give him a couple more tests to prove himself, though. He
seems quite good.

;)

Ian

Ian Jennings

Jan 14, 2012, 4:19:01 AM1/14/12
On Jan 14, 10:11 am, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote:
> On 01/14/2012 01:00 AM, Vicky wrote:
>
> > On Jan 14, 6:22 pm, R Bharat Rao<rao.bha...@gmail.com>  wrote:
> >> Score 400 and make Aus chase 200.  Not easy, but thats about it.
>
> >> Much more likely really that this will be a 2-day Test ala
> >> Bangladesh with 36 overs left in the day...
>
> >> Hopefully, Sehwag comes off (at least to see Suresh having to
> >> explain how Sehwag could score on a bouncy pitch :-)
>
> >> Bharat
>
> > Good morning - wake up :)
>
> Hmmmm. 16 overs to go today. 6 wickets left. Could it be a 2 day test
> match (it certainly won't be more than 3 days)? On a wicket where Oz
> made 369? Or at least Warner made 180 and the rest of Oz filled in.
> What does that say -- truthfully -- about where India is right now?
> They look as bad as they did in the UK vs England. :(

But the Indian bowling looked a *lot* better today. Although it must
also be said that this is an unusually poor Oz side, judging by their
other recent results.

Ian

R. Spanditt

Jan 14, 2012, 6:11:09 AM1/14/12
On Jan 14, 8:45 pm, sdavmor <sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com> wrote:
> On 01/14/2012 01:38 AM, Richard Dixon wrote:
>

> > sdavmor<sdav...@fakeemailaddy.com>  wrote in news:jerhuf$lpk$1
Too right, that deserves its own thread really. Aleem dar is a superb
umpire.

Southpaw

Jan 14, 2012, 10:15:30 AM1/14/12
Missed a palpable LBW of Michael Hussey's off Vinay Kumar. But Hussey
was out the very next ball he faced from VK! I think just like in
batting and bowling, a bit of luck is needed in umpiring as well. Both
umpires having a good game so far.

-Samarth.

sdavmor

Jan 14, 2012, 11:58:36 AM1/14/12
On 01/14/2012 07:15 AM, Southpaw wrote:
> On Jan 14, 3:11 am, "R. Spanditt"<dnarmstr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Three cheers for Aleem Dar! He is a monster umpire. One of the best
>>> there has ever been IMO.
>>> --
>>> Cheers, SDM -- a 21st Century Schizoid Man
>>> Systems Theory project website:http://systemstheory.net
>>> find us on MySpace, GarageBand, Reverb Nation, Last FM, CDBaby
>>> free MP3s of Systems Theory, Mike Dickson& Greg Amov music athttp://mikedickson.org.uk
>>
>> Too right, that deserves its own thread really. Aleem dar is a superb
>> umpire.
>
> Missed a palpable LBW of Michael Hussey's off Vinay Kumar. But Hussey
> was out the very next ball he faced from VK! I think just like in
> batting and bowling, a bit of luck is needed in umpiring as well. Both
> umpires having a good game so far.
>
> -Samarth.

You're right about the Hussey LBW. Dar got that one wrong.

sdavmor

Jan 14, 2012, 12:00:40 PM1/14/12
lol! Nice one, Ian.

sdavmor

Jan 14, 2012, 12:07:43 PM1/14/12
I thought India's bowlers might have got them back into the game at
the innings break. An outside chance to make a fight of it but then it
was more of the same as the wheels came off the bus. As a neutral I'm
hoping for some D3 backs-to-the-wall classic defiance from Dravid and
a coming-of-age knock from Kohli. At least make Oz bat again.

max.it

Jan 14, 2012, 3:04:20 PM1/14/12
On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 01:43:53 -0800, "FreedomOfThought"
<FreedomO...@Humanity.com> wrote:

>I am NOT FBInCIAnNSATerrosistSlayer. I made it clear long time back.
>
>You want to abuse him, go ahead and do it.

You use the same machine and software.

max.it

FreedomOfThought

Jan 14, 2012, 5:47:28 PM1/14/12

<max.it> wrote in message news:4f11df4c...@news.btinternet.com...
A Computer, internet connection, software etc can be shared by many people.

max.it

Jan 14, 2012, 6:44:29 PM1/14/12
You are right, and you can use aioe and fastusenet on different
accounts. So judging by the times of posts and the fact that you both
use the same machine and software, you must at least know what
FBInCIAnNSATerrosistSlayer looks like? I mean he must have been
waiting to sit down just as you were ready to stand up.

It's my go, stop pushing, I'm nearly finished.......ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha.

max.it

FreedomOfThought

Jan 14, 2012, 7:02:10 PM1/14/12

<max.it> wrote in message news:4f121232...@news.btinternet.com...
One can manipulate "timing" of posts in multitude of ways.

You should know better.

max.it

Jan 14, 2012, 7:32:21 PM1/14/12
On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 16:02:10 -0800, "FreedomOfThought"
Ahh, you are the guy waiting on FBInCIAnNSATerrosistSlayer. Hit him a
slap tell him get the fuck off my seat. Better still sneak up and
saying nothing and give him a couple of rounds in the back of the
head. You can have the whole pc to yourself.

max.it

FreedomOfThought

Jan 14, 2012, 9:31:43 PM1/14/12
/
<max.it> wrote in message news:4f121de0...@news.btinternet.com...
I didnt ask you for any unsoliticed advice from you.

max.it

Jan 15, 2012, 7:26:50 AM1/15/12
Frightened of him are you? Ha ha ha ha ha ha,
you are his bitch, Nancy boy!

max.it

FreedomOfThought

Jan 15, 2012, 4:22:53 PM1/15/12

<max.it> wrote in message news:4f12c50...@news.btinternet.com...
I am NOT a westerner to be some one else's bitch.

I am afraid you are one.

max.it

Jan 15, 2012, 4:43:58 PM1/15/12
Sit doggie, stay, lie down..roll over..ha ha ha ha .

woof

max.it

99.94

Jan 15, 2012, 6:15:38 PM1/15/12

"FreedomOfThought" <FreedomO...@Humanity.com> wrote in message

> It was too marginal to be given. Sachin was playing a stroke but was given
> while one of the Australian batsmen didnt even offer a stroke today
> morning
> and he was given not out lbw to Ishant Sharma iirc.
>
> Infact that ball was hitting the legstump much more than his one which
> the umpire gave out to Tendulkar.
>
> All the lucky breaks go in favor of Australia as usual.

Bring in DRS to rectify the so-called lucky breaks.

99.94

Jan 15, 2012, 6:57:35 PM1/15/12

"Richard Dixon" <rdng...@yah00.c0.uk> wrote in message

> Yes - very true. He kinds of shoots himself in the foot by posting links
> saying why the BCCI shouldn't accept the DRS and then moans about a
> situation that could easily have been overturned with it.
>
> Anyhow - great decision just now from Aleem Dar on an outisde edge appeal
> that I even I heard a "nick" on. Miles away from the bat. Ponting's face
> after it was turned down was a picture (as ever!)
>
> Richard

DRS has the best strike-rate for accuracy.

Even countries like Sri Lanka are supporting the use of DRS.

DRS is the future of Cricket.

99.94

Jan 15, 2012, 6:59:24 PM1/15/12

> Address these issues and then we will talk about implementing DRS.
> You do NOT want to do address them because you neither
> understand them nor you have the ability to suggest how to
> set up guidelines and interpretations for the third umpires.

You're just a puppet for the very corrupt BCCI.

> Current DRS can be misinterpreted, ad hoc in nature and prone to human
> error
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/7bedafae85f839ff...
>
> Why all DRS obssessed Westerners should be ASHAMED

Sri Lanka support DRS

FreedomOfThought

Jan 16, 2012, 3:40:16 AM1/16/12

"99.94" <bra...@ownstendulkar.com> wrote in message news:4f13685e$1...@dnews.tpgi.com.au...

> "FreedomOfThought" <FreedomO...@Humanity.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Address these issues and then we will talk about implementing DRS.
>> You do NOT want to do address them because you neither
>> understand them nor you have the ability to suggest how to
>> set up guidelines and interpretations for the third umpires.
>
> You're just a puppet for the very corrupt BCCI.

You do not have a brain. Get one asap.

FreedomOfThought

Jan 16, 2012, 3:41:35 AM1/16/12

"99.94" <bra...@ownstendulkar.com> wrote in message news:4f135e1c$1...@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
You are like an idiot who reads bible completely and then asks
"Who is Jesus" ?