Aussie Retirements against India

Thaalam Poove

Jan 28, 2008, 1:17:20 PM1/28/08
Last time, final test in Sydney, 2004 Steve Waugh
2008 Adam Gilchrist.

India should play them more often, more will drop like flies.

brijesh.k...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2008, 2:58:17 PM1/28/08
In Oct 2008 it might be Hayden!

prabh...@hotmail.com

Jan 28, 2008, 3:20:20 PM1/28/08
> > India should play them more often, more will drop like flies.- Hide quoted text -

Nov 2008 could be Ricky Cheating given that he appears like a deer in
the headlights when facing half-decent spin.

dechucka

Jan 28, 2008, 3:35:11 PM1/28/08

<prabh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

On Jan 28, 2:58 pm, brijesh.khergam...@gmail.com wrote:
> In Oct 2008 it might be Hayden!
>
> On Jan 28, 10:17 am, Thaalam Poove <t...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>

> > Last time, final test in Sydney, 2004 Steve Waugh
> > 2008 Adam Gilchrist.
>
> > India should play them more often, more will drop like flies.- Hide
> > quoted text -

-Nov 2008 could be Ricky Cheating given that he appears like a deer in

the headlights when facing half-decent spin.

As shown in the 2nd innings, I think Ponting is enjoying his cricket
Captaining the no.1 team and another series win

sudha

Jan 28, 2008, 11:15:04 PM1/28/08
On Jan 28, 3:35 pm, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:
> <prabhu_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

At least Warne was smart not to try his luck one more time against
India. He should also be included in the retiree list.
Expect on or two more old farts to quit after the ODI series.

dechucka

Jan 28, 2008, 11:44:30 PM1/28/08

"sudha" <rajus...@gmail.com> wrote in message

On Jan 28, 3:35 pm, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:
> <prabhu_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 28, 2:58 pm, brijesh.khergam...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > In Oct 2008 it might be Hayden!
>
> > On Jan 28, 10:17 am, Thaalam Poove <t...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>
> > > Last time, final test in Sydney, 2004 Steve Waugh
> > > 2008 Adam Gilchrist.
>
> > > India should play them more often, more will drop like flies.- Hide
> > > quoted text -

> -Nov 2008 could be Ricky Cheating given that he appears like a deer in
> the headlights when facing half-decent spin.
>
> As shown in the 2nd innings, I think Ponting is enjoying his cricket
> Captaining the no.1 team and another series win

-At least Warne was smart not to try his luck one more time against

India. He should also be included in the retiree list.
Expect on or two more old farts to quit after the ODI series.

Not surprised if some of the older players are considering retirement, what
else have they got left to acheive. Members of the best team in the world
for I don't know how long. Series victories against all other test playing
nations, holder of all the Test series trophys they are eligible for afaik.

Adrian

Jan 29, 2008, 4:24:33 AM1/29/08

What would England be thinking then when 4 players retired during/after
the Ashes last year.

bhandava

Jan 29, 2008, 7:21:56 AM1/29/08

Warne and McGrath pretty much retired after regaining the Ashes. Far
more important to Australian cricket than extending their own record streak.

bhandava

bhandava

Jan 29, 2008, 7:25:10 AM1/29/08

They haven't acheived the longest series-win streak yet; England have
that from 2 centuries ago. They have to beat Pakistan to equal it and
Windies to beat it. Seems highly likely this will happen.

bhandava

dechucka

Jan 29, 2008, 2:30:13 PM1/29/08

"bhandava" <bhandava_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I thought that Aus had the longest winning streak 16 in a row, in fact they
have done this twice.

dechucka

Jan 29, 2008, 2:31:34 PM1/29/08

"bhandava" <bhandava_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

If you wanted to continue trying to extend a record that you already have
than you would never retire

dechucka

Jan 29, 2008, 2:32:19 PM1/29/08

"Adrian" <adri...@tpg.com.au> wrote in message

The same as India:-" We lost the series"

bhandava

Jan 30, 2008, 12:17:57 AM1/30/08

I was talking about *series* winning streak. The streak is still current
since they won the recent series. Winning the series in Pakistan will
equal the 19th century record.

bhandava

dechucka

Jan 30, 2008, 2:10:59 AM1/30/08

"bhandava" <bhandava_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

who give a fuck. I don't and maybe Gilles et al don't either. They have
achieved everything and retired on top

bhandava

Jan 30, 2008, 2:46:12 AM1/30/08

You said "what else have they got left to acheive"(sic). Fortunately for
you, I informed you that there is another Australian cricket achievement
in the works. As usual, it's entirely irrelevant what you think or what
you fancifully imagine Australian team members to think.

No need to throw yet another tantrum, lil fella.

bhandava

dechucka

Jan 30, 2008, 4:14:58 PM1/30/08

"bhandava" <bhandava_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

thankyou for the information. If that is the only thing left for Australian
cricket to acheive I am well please with the team

> No need to throw yet another tantrum, lil fella.

I'm a big bot everybody says that