The A Team

John Hall

Oct 20, 1994, 2:36:01 PM10/20/94
I'm afraid that this selecting cricket teams is highly addictive. Below
is my all-time best XI comprising players whose name begins with "A".
If not forcibly restrained, over the next 6 months or so I may work my
way through the alphabet. Future highlights are likely to be the "G"s
(Grace, Gavaskar, Greenidge, Gower, Gooch), the "H"s (Hobbs, Hammond,
Headley, Hendren, Hutton), the "L"s, the "R"s (V.Richards, B.Richards,
T. Richardson, W. Rhodes) and the "W"s (Weekes, Worrell, Walcott,
Wasim, Waqar).

1. R. Abel
2. M. Atherton or D. Amiss
3. M. Amarnath
4. M. Azharuddin
5. L. Ames (wk)
6. Asif Iqbal
7. W. Armstrong (capt)
8. G. Allen or N. Adcock
9. C. Ambrose
10. Abdul Qadir
11. T. Alderman

I am open to advice as to whether it would be more appropriate to use
the second names of Pakistani players for this sort of exercise, rather
than first names (in which case Asif Iqbal is replaced by Wasim Akram
and Abdul Qadir by either David Allen or Intikhab Alam).
John Hall Jo...@jhall.demon.co.uk | Driving erratically along
| the Information Super-Highway
Cranleigh, Surrey, England |