Two horrendous decisions hand the match over to India

1 view

Mohan

Jan 19, 2008, 1:06:02 AM1/19/08
Here's hoping for a Gilly hundred to undo the injustice.

FilthY

Jan 19, 2008, 1:19:41 AM1/19/08

"Mohan" <moha...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fms40c$jtu$1...@aioe.org...

> Here's hoping for a Gilly hundred to undo the injustice.

And as you have seen in the past, at least we wont go burning effigies and
crying in the streets like those racist Indian pricks do...God they are
sooks...

brijesh.k...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 1:22:23 AM1/19/08
Hussey decision was consistent with Dhoni and Tendulkars if you saw
those ones

prabh...@hotmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 1:27:26 AM1/19/08
On Jan 19, 1:19 am, "FilthY" <ok2...@gsmail.com> wrote:
> "Mohan" <mohan...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:fms40c$jtu$1...@aioe.org...

> > Here's hoping for a Gilly hundred to undo the injustice.
>
> And as you have seen in the past, at least we wont go burning effigies and
> crying in the streets like those racist Indian pricks do...God they are
> sooks...

We dont celebrate a captain who is a bare-faced liar and cheat who
epitomises a country of kleptomaniacs.

BTW, interesting nick. Did your parents pick you off an excreta dump?

Andrew Symonds

Jan 19, 2008, 1:27:36 AM1/19/08

"Mohan" <moha...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fms40c$jtu$1...@aioe.org...
> Here's hoping for a Gilly hundred to undo the injustice.

Injustice is we Australians cheating, lying and winning the Sydney test.

Series should have been 1-1 now with India winning the Perth test.

My skip Ponting was let off twice LBWs and Hussey once.

We Australians are too greedy. We already won 16 straight.

Let this Indian imposter team have some fun.

Cut them some slack Australian Mohandas Karamchand Gaandi.

We can always take revenge by dropping some laser guided bombs
from the sky on these uncivilized third world idiots. That is much
more fun than winning this cricket game.

ben.g...@hotmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 1:28:03 AM1/19/08
On Jan 19, 5:22 pm, brijesh.khergam...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hussey decision was consistent with Dhoni and Tendulkars if you saw
> those ones

This is quite true. In defense to Bowden, even though I instinctually
saw it as an inside edge, the inside edge was hit very late - almost
at the point of it hitting the pad. I wouldn't blame an umpire for not
picking that up.

Regards,
Ben.

Andrew Symonds

Jan 19, 2008, 1:29:26 AM1/19/08

"FilthY" <ok2...@gsmail.com> wrote in message

I didnt whine and whinge when I got three chances and we made a deal with
Benson and Oxenford to win the Sydney test for Australia.

My skip Ponting was let off twice LBWs and Hussey once.

We Australians are too greedy. We already won 16 straight.

Let this Indian imposter team have some fun.

Why burn effigies and take to streets when we can

take revenge by dropping some laser guided bombs
from the sky on these uncivilized third world idiots.

That is much more fun than winning this cricket game :-))

JPD

Jan 19, 2008, 1:31:23 AM1/19/08
On Jan 19, 5:22 pm, brijesh.khergam...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hussey decision was consistent with Dhoni and Tendulkars if you saw
> those ones

The decision against Hussey, although apparently high, would have
looked really good to the umpire; also Ponting seemed lucky to survive
at least one of the LBW shouts against him, which would have taken
another 20 runs off the board and moreover brought Clarke to the
crease when Sharma was still firing in that pre-lunch spell. I would
not have rated Clarke's chances, but the game is different since he
got to bat after Sharma was spent.

It's called "cricket" - sometimes you get a bit of luck, and sometimes
you don't. Even Symonds would be extremely churlish to complain about
the decision against him today after his smug admission of guilt when
reprieved in Sydney.

JPD

Cricketwallah

Jan 19, 2008, 8:07:55 AM1/19/08

JPD wrote:
> On Jan 19, 5:22 pm, brijesh.khergam...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hussey decision was consistent with Dhoni and Tendulkars if you saw
> > those ones
>
> The decision against Hussey, although apparently high, would have
> looked really good to the umpire;

It turned out to be a very tough decision at a very important
time, though - against someone batting with no difficulty
whatsoever. It happens, of course - but its been pretty
poor umpiring in that sense all through this test from Rauf,
you should know better than to keep making such mistakes
on a Perth pitch where everyone in the world knows going
in that bounce will always be an issue. Maybe you make
one such error.. but repeating the same error over and
over is sort of consistently bad umpiring :-)

To me, this sort of extinguished most of Australia's hopes
today - they had very little hope to start with IMHO, I was very
confident going in that India would win by 100+ runs. However
Australia battled very hard - but they still needed slices of luck to
make it IMHO. I thought if they got to 330/6 or so they might
have a shot, since their tail usually sells itself dearly when the
pressure is on.. but I never felt, going into today, that they would
ever get into that position to start with. They tried, Ponting
battled, Hussey batted immaculately, but it was always uphill.
When Hussey got that decision it almost finished it, and then
when Symonds got his it was over (177/5 meant it was just
too far away). The Aussie tail outperformed my expectations,
but the game was already out of hand, really.

> It's called "cricket" - sometimes you get a bit of luck, and sometimes
> you don't. Even Symonds would be extremely churlish to complain about
> the decision against him today after his smug admission of guilt when
> reprieved in Sydney.

Would it have been less churlish if he complained now, but
had *not* admitted guilt at the reprieve in Sydney? :-)

Of course its cricket, its all part of it - you get some good
decisions, some bad ones. Nobody ought to really complain
about it - and that should go for both teams.

In some sense, IMHO Sydney and Perth werent all *that*
different, cricket-wise. There IMHO Australia played the
better cricket, and got the rub of the green to go quite a
bit their way.. but, IMHO, India lost because it played
worse cricket. Regardless of what happens, you have to
be able to move on and play well as the game progresses
at any level of cricket - its that mental makeup that makes
you a good cricketer IMHO. At Sydney, India recovered
well from the early rub of the green going one way, and
actually took the lead (with some slices of luck, both
fielding-wise and umpiring-wise going their way while
batting first). But then, IMHO, they played very poor cricket
for the last 2.5 days and put themselves in position to lose
a match they really shouldnt have.. and when the rub of the
green went the wrong way on the last day, that tipped the
balance and they lost. But IMHO even then the fault lay
with us - with a lead, on a turning pitch, we bowled very
poorly to let Australia get 350 and declare, and then
(despite a couple of ordinary decisions) we badly failed
to bat out 70 overs to draw. Heck, 3 batsmen couldnt bat
out one over of Michael Clarke's bowling!

I didnt think much of the complaining that followed after
the game - but, to be fair, most of it did not come from
the team. It was the media and fans that went overboard
(as usual). What I really like is that, in the 10 days that
followed, the Indian team managed to actually do the
right thing in terms of cricket - they managed to put it
all behind them, and move on. Thats the sign of a good
and mature cricket team, IMHO - and its nice to see our
guys be able to do that.

Here at Perth, they played better cricket than Australia
(who played quite poorly IMHO). The first day itself, India
won a good toss.. but if Dravid had been caught early
(which Australia normally would), that first innings itself
has a very different shape. On D2 India bowled very
well, and Australia batted horrendously - that was where
the match was lost IMHO. After that Austrlia were always
fighting an uphill battle (and they made it worse for
themselves with more bad cricket, more catches dropped
etc). Today, IMHO, Australia actually played much better
cricket - they batted more sensibly and just played better
overall (if they had batted with this attitude in the first
innings, they might have won). But they had dug themselves
too much of a hole, and a couple bad decisions pushed them
over the edge. They had, like India going to the last day at the
SCG, left themselves in a bad enough position that a couple
bad rubs of the green finished them off completely.

We'll see if Australia react as well to this, and move on as
effectively as the Indian team has - they have less time to.
One would expect them to, given that theyre a good team,
and they seem to have been trying to already - there didnt
seem to be any mention of "2 form batsmen being unlucky"
from any team member at the end of the match, for example :-)
Given a final margin of 72 runs, I can think of a few other
teams that would have probably brought it up sometime,
if only in passing :-)

Sadiq [ very damn good win for us overall ] Yusuf