Sachin Tendulkar vs Ricky Ponting

CoverPoint

Jan 24, 2008, 2:37:19 PM1/24/08
Ricky Ponting averages 12.28 in India
Sachin Tendulkar averages 59.67 in Australia

Ricky Ponting has 0 centuries in 8 tests in India
Sachin Tendulkar has 6 centuries in 16 tests in Austrailia

Ricky Ponting failed to conquer India
Sachin Tendulkar conquered Australia

Sachin Tendulkar vs Ricky Ponting
No contest.

James

Jan 24, 2008, 3:19:03 PM1/24/08

The following is a head-to-head comparison between Matthew Hayden and
Ricky Ponting:

Overall:
Hayden:
overall 1994-2008 93 8139 380 53.19 29 0 - - 0 119 0 Profile

vs India:
Hayden:
v India 2001-2008 13 1551 203 64.62 5 0 - - 0 16 0

in India:
Hayden:
in India 2001-2004 7 793 203 61.00 2 0 - - 0 6 0

Frankly, I can't understand all this media hype on Ponting. He can bat
only in conditions that suit him. Hayden, on the other hand, has a
slightly lower career avg. but can bat in all conditions. India have
never had much of an answer to Hayden even since the 2001 series in
India.

In my view, Ponting can never be the #1 batsman in the world, because
he is not even the #1 batsman in Australia. That honor belongs only to
Hayden.

Southpaw

Jan 24, 2008, 3:29:06 PM1/24/08

You just foowed Ponting and woofed Hayden to double-hundreds with the
same post. India are goners.

-Samarth.

King Of Pain

Jan 24, 2008, 3:40:50 PM1/24/08

"Southpaw" <arb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

On Jan 24, 12:19 pm, James
<quote>

You just foowed Ponting and woofed Hayden to double-hundreds with the
same post. India are goners.
</quote>

Nice woof!

Cheers!
--
Vig

Market Theory

Jan 24, 2008, 4:27:27 PM1/24/08

You wont get much argument from most Australian fans. You may not have
noticed that in this series it's not Ponting who's received a standing
ovation whenever he comes out to bat .

--mt.

nit...@yahoo.com

Jan 24, 2008, 5:22:06 PM1/24/08

It's reportedly Tendulkar's last tour, so the ovations are not only
understandable, but from an Indian sense, fantastic to see. Great
appreciation of a great sportsman. Cannot have an issue with the
Aussie crowd reaction to this series in general. Wish the current
Indian crowds are/were equally generous to non-Indian legends of the
game. In years gone by, we had great apprecaition for legends. Not so
sure any more...

Satya

dechucka

Jan 24, 2008, 6:43:49 PM1/24/08

"CoverPoint" <Cover...@cricket.com> wrote in message

Ponting has the trophy Tendulker doesn't

brijesh.k...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2008, 7:06:25 PM1/24/08
On Jan 24, 3:43 pm, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:
> "CoverPoint" <CoverPo...@cricket.com> wrote in message

You're probably convinced by now that Australia is going to lose this
test match. Thats the reason why you talk about the trophy so much and
not the series.

I think Australia have a reasonable chance to win or draw this game
even though India is looking the superior team. Dont give up so
easily.. its a great contest without Bucknor

Shiva IYER

Jan 24, 2008, 7:11:51 PM1/24/08
Yes, the numbers no doubt seem to speak in favor of Tendia, but
Ponting, IMHO, has been more viable than Tendia, his knocks have
come many time in the crunch.. leading Aus out of trouble and
many times to an unassailable position.. something many of Tendia's
big knocks can't boast...

That is why sometimes I'm perplexed as to why the Aussie scribes just
drool over Tendia... For me personally, it has always been Dravid who
has been the more viable bat than Tendulkar inspite of the Wall's
recent lack of form out of which he is fighting really hard to break
out.

Shiva IYER
250108
Krishnaarpanam

dechucka

Jan 24, 2008, 7:13:37 PM1/24/08

<brijesh.k...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 24, 3:43 pm, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:
>> "CoverPoint" <CoverPo...@cricket.com> wrote in message

>> > Ricky Ponting averages 12.28 in India Sachin Tendulkar averages 59.67
>> > in
>> > Australia
>>
>> > Ricky Ponting has 0 centuries in 8 tests in India
>> > Sachin Tendulkar has 6 centuries in 16 tests in Austrailia
>>
>> > Ricky Ponting failed to conquer India
>> > Sachin Tendulkar conquered Australia
>>
>> > Sachin Tendulkar vs Ricky Ponting
>> > No contest.
>>
>> Ponting has the trophy Tendulker doesn't
>
> You're probably convinced by now that Australia is going to lose this
> test match. Thats the reason why you talk about the trophy so much and
> not the series.

Looks like it is going to be a great test, just like PERTH, Sydney and
Melbourne

> I think Australia have a reasonable chance to win or draw this game

> even though India is looking the superior team. Don't give up so

> easily.. its a great contest without Bucknor

It was a great contest with Bucknor. However counties that believe in the
spirit of cricket and fair play don't whinge and whine like silly prats to
get an umpire sacked because they lost. Bad/marginal decisions but great
teams and countries overcome them and don't whine like little school girls

CoverPoint

Jan 24, 2008, 9:01:20 PM1/24/08

<nit...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Satya

Australian crowd is nothing compared to Indian crowds in appreciating
great cricket players and legends.

Indian crowd gave a standing ovation to Wasim Akram and his men in
1997 when they won Chennai test.

I dont think Australian crowd would have given standing ovation to
one of their enemy teams say Iraq or Iran team beating Aussies in Aus.

CoverPoint

Jan 24, 2008, 9:02:16 PM1/24/08

"dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message

Tendulkar is superior to Ponting.

Tendulkar is the best batsman after the Don.

CoverPoint

Jan 24, 2008, 9:03:44 PM1/24/08

"Shiva IYER" <om.sr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

All your comments are biased because of your worshipping
anything Australian.

Your comments have no credibility.

subi...@notmail.com

Jan 24, 2008, 10:07:16 PM1/24/08
On Jan 25, 5:13 am, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:
> <brijesh.khergam...@gmail.com> wrote in message

let us see your reaction when ausland gets a 9-1 umpiring howlers
disadvantage. and it was not only about the umpiring: it was about
dodgy appeals and behaviour bordering on cheating by aussies. your
insistence on the indian whinge is yet another pathetic effort to
rewrite history, or you seem to be in denial. read you own country's
newspapers to refresh your memory.

dechucka

Jan 24, 2008, 11:17:43 PM1/24/08

"subi...@notmail.com" <sub...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

-let us see your reaction when ausland gets a 9-1 umpiring howlers

disadvantage. and it was not only about the umpiring: it was about
dodgy appeals and behaviour bordering on cheating by aussies. your
insistence on the indian whinge is yet another pathetic effort to
rewrite history, or you seem to be in denial. read you own country's
newspapers to refresh your memory.

I would be extremely displeased if the ACB went on like bunch of wingy prats
like the BCCI did

R. Shakey

Jan 24, 2008, 11:28:16 PM1/24/08

> > Ponting has the trophy Tendulker doesn't
>
> You're probably convinced by now that Australia is going to lose this
> test match. Thats the reason why you talk about the trophy so much and
> not the series.
>
> I think Australia have a reasonable chance to win or draw this game
> even though India is looking the superior team. Dont give up so
> easily.. its a great contest without Bucknor

Great post, some individuals are notoriously defensive of Australia's
superiority. There's no reason why Bucknor wouldn't have ended up
evening things up for India in Perth though. Suggesting he's biased
is pretty weak, he's got a lot more credibility than any of us.

R. Shakey

Jan 24, 2008, 11:33:04 PM1/24/08

> That is why sometimes I'm perplexed as to why the Aussie scribes just
> drool over Tendia... For me personally, it has always been Dravid who
> has been the more viable bat than Tendulkar inspite of the Wall's
> recent lack of form out of which he is fighting really hard to break
> out.

It's his entire personality, the same reason why the Fed and Tiger
Woods are universally admired - because we all recognise that it's
more important to be a good person than a good cricket player. Sachin
is a great person, I'm sure Dravid is too - but he can't play the
kinds of extraordinary innings' that Sachin is capable of, with flair
and ingenuity beyond comprehension.

Kane

Jan 24, 2008, 11:41:57 PM1/24/08
That's really a no brainier isn't it, I'm not sure there was ever a time any
cricket lover would even bother comparing them.

Your correct no contest

Thunnus Albacarus

Jan 25, 2008, 12:45:06 AM1/25/08
"subi...@notmail.com" <sub...@hotmail.com> wrote in

We used to get the raw end every time we played in India and Pakistan
when they used home umnpires. Thats the reason we have impartial umpires
nowdays.

Winge winge winge winge thats all were hearing now from the Indians.

Rodney Ulyate

Jan 25, 2008, 1:42:47 AM1/25/08

You just don't give up, do you, Jaived?

<plonk>

--
Rodney Ulyate

"Keep your left shoulder up and say your prayers."
Monkey Hornby's advice to the young Archie MacLaren

Jason Gillespie

Jan 25, 2008, 2:02:53 AM1/25/08

"R. Shakey" <dnarm...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Speak for yourself cunning liar R Shakey.

Jason Gillespie

Jan 25, 2008, 2:06:07 AM1/25/08

"Kane" <wwe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> That's really a no brainier isn't it, I'm not sure there was ever a time
> any cricket lover would even bother comparing them.
>
> Your correct no contest

You are correct.

Jaidev

Jan 25, 2008, 6:43:21 AM1/25/08
"Rodney Ulyate" <rodney...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> CoverPoint wrote:
>> Ricky Ponting averages 12.28 in India Sachin Tendulkar averages 59.67 in
>> Australia
>> Ricky Ponting has 0 centuries in 8 tests in India
>> Sachin Tendulkar has 6 centuries in 16 tests in Austrailia
>> Ricky Ponting failed to conquer India
>> Sachin Tendulkar conquered Australia
>> Sachin Tendulkar vs Ricky Ponting
>> No contest.
> You just don't give up, do you, Jaived?
> <plonk>

Who's Jaived? What a stupid name.

Jaidev

David Singh

Jan 25, 2008, 6:59:42 AM1/25/08
Spectacular post. I agree.

David Singh

Jason Gillespie

Jan 25, 2008, 7:02:08 AM1/25/08
"David Singh" <davidsingh99...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Spectacular post. I agree.
> David Singh

It can't be denied.

Education

Jan 25, 2008, 7:03:20 AM1/25/08
"Jason Gillespie" <JasonGillespi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

What are you guys talking about?

Madhav

Jan 25, 2008, 7:04:51 AM1/25/08
"Education" <Educ...@World.com> wrote in message

I'm confused.

Madhav

squarecut

Jan 25, 2008, 7:06:19 AM1/25/08
"Madhav" <Mad...@Madhav.com> wrote in message news:fncj8s$6q3$1...@aioe.org...

Now this is going too far.

squarecut

Frank Spodek

Jan 25, 2008, 7:07:41 AM1/25/08
"squarecut" <squ...@cricket.com> wrote in message

Trying to give the game away? Must be kooks LOL

Frank Spodek

Jack

Jan 26, 2008, 12:58:17 AM1/26/08

"Market Theory" <qem...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

Perhaps if it was pontings final test match in Australia they would.
So don't go claiming some special significance in the gesture.

Jason Gillespie

Jan 26, 2008, 1:09:36 AM1/26/08

"Jack" <jt2...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Pussy Jack,

I am not one of you to cry every second of your pathetic lives,
"I dont wanna dddddddiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee"

You live all your stinky racist psychopathic lives wearing
panties anyway. What difference would it make if you
wear black armbands or panties.

Even your movies depict you like scared pussies and sissies.

Roflmao

Your name "Jack" is in this FBI n NSA PSYCHOPATH list.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/95675d6c99805403

Will_S

Jan 26, 2008, 2:44:40 AM1/26/08

> Ricky Ponting averages 12.28 in India Sachin Tendulkar averages 59.67 in
> Australia
>

> Ricky Ponting has 0 centuries in 8 tests in India
> Sachin Tendulkar has 6 centuries in 16 tests in Austrailia
>

> Ricky Ponting failed to conquer India
> Sachin Tendulkar conquered Australia
>

> Sachin Tendulkar vs Ricky Ponting
> No contest.

well then in the rest of the World Ponting must absolutely slaughter SRT

CoverPoint

Jan 26, 2008, 3:00:05 AM1/26/08

"Will_S" <will...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

Very poor logic.

India is where batsmen have to conquer to prove they are the best
in the business playing spin in the land of spin.

Australia is the where batsmen have to conquer to prove they
are the best in the business playing fast bowling.

Tendulkar conqered Australia while Ponting failed in India.

Will_S

Jan 26, 2008, 3:03:35 AM1/26/08

"CoverPoint" <Cover...@cricket.com> wrote in message

What is Pontings average ? What is SRT's average ?

Over a full career this is the final figure that counts and selecting just
certain countries show you are clutching at straws

Gene Mean

Jan 26, 2008, 3:23:23 AM1/26/08
CoverPoint wrote:
> Ricky Ponting averages 12.28 in India Sachin Tendulkar averages 59.67 in
> Australia
>

> Ricky Ponting has 0 centuries in 8 tests in India
> Sachin Tendulkar has 6 centuries in 16 tests in Austrailia
>

> Ricky Ponting failed to conquer India
> Sachin Tendulkar conquered Australia
>

> Sachin Tendulkar vs Ricky Ponting
> No contest.

How does that prove one is better than the other? Shouldn't you be
comparing their records against the same countries? eg, v England, v
South Africa, v Pakistan etc...

...and picking records against one country isn't going to prove much. I
could just have easily said Tendulkar averages 41.50 in New Zealand
while Ponting averages 97.66 there. Doesn't really make Ponting a better
batsman than Tendulkar overall, now does it?

I'm not really sure why you feel the need to find solace by trying to
prove Tendulkar is better anyway... the other ten Indian players out
there are doing quite well at the moment as well...

Cicero

Jan 26, 2008, 4:22:22 AM1/26/08

"CoverPoint" <Cover...@cricket.com> wrote in message

Yeah- Ponting is a real failure. The statistics support that? Oh they
don't.....

Cicero

Jan 26, 2008, 4:23:18 AM1/26/08

"Gene Mean" <tastyg...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Good post. This newsgroup was so much better when we played Sri Lanka.

joxa...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2008, 2:28:37 PM1/26/08

It's a no brainer for a different reason too. Cricket is a team sport.
Who was it that said, " Statistics are like mini skirts - they
conceal, what they will not reveal " ?

Tendulkar bats primarily for himself, and if in the process he has to
grind his team into the ground, so be it. In his philosophy perhaps,
that is merely incidental.

Consider, e.g. India's performance in ODIs in the past two years or so
- a time when Tendulkar
has been struggling for form. A fickle public were baying for his
blood, and that not - unlike itself - without reason.

His strategy has been to get his eye in first, no matter what the
match situation or ground conditions : so he takes up about 40
deliveries on average before he's into double figures.
Of course, he acceletrates later, so that should he hang around long
enough, the statistics reveal nothing.

The problem with this strategy is that, whenever he's fallen in the
10's and 20's, India is playing catch-up already. Incoming batsmen are
under undue pressure - the whole team's performance lags. India loses.
Individual performances, under such circumstances, don't count for
much.

And needless to say, Tendulkar doggedly refused, of his own free will,
to step down, whatever the odds. Of course, his personal annual
revenues of, it is whispered, in excess of 10 million US dollars would
be a cogent and unmentionable counter argument for him to stick on.

Also consider the fact, that the only reason Anil Kumble is captain
today, is that Tendulkar turned down the captaincy ( just prior to the
Aus tour). And don't really believe any hyprocritical protestations
about giving youth a chance and other blah blah.
Why, then, did he not step down altogether ?

Clearly, if Tendulkar were to merely consider himself a cog in the
wheel - as he is at pains to point out in almost every other interview
he gives - he'd accept that those in charge thought him the right man
for the job, and accept, and that not for his own sake, but for the
team's.
This did not happen. And Kumble's selection as captain shows, that
despite whatever else one reads in the papers, the selectors did not
buy his argument.

I'd take a lower average, for someone with, say, Gilchrist's attitude,
any day.
No brainer indeed !

Jack

Jan 26, 2008, 1:04:12 AM1/26/08

"subi...@notmail.com" <sub...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Piss off. Everything seems dodgy to you whiny scumbag cheats. It's bred into
your culture to cheat and swindle.

Jack

Jan 26, 2008, 1:30:38 AM1/26/08

> "Shiva IYER" <om.sr...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Yes, the numbers no doubt seem to speak in favor of Tendia, but
>> Ponting, IMHO, has been more viable than Tendia, his knocks have
>> come many time in the crunch.. leading Aus out of trouble and
>> many times to an unassailable position.. something many of Tendia's
>> big knocks can't boast...

>> That is why sometimes I'm perplexed as to why the Aussie scribes just
>> drool over Tendia... For me personally, it has always been Dravid who
>> has been the more viable bat than Tendulkar inspite of the Wall's
>> recent lack of form out of which he is fighting really hard to break
>> out.
>>
>> Shiva IYER
>> 250108
>> Krishnaarpanam
>

> All your comments are biased because of your worshipping
> anything Australian.
>
> Your comments have no credibility.

And yours do? Piss off.

Rodney Ulyate

Jan 28, 2008, 1:06:49 AM1/28/08

Alas, Steven is to blame for that wee error. I should have checked, though.

Out of interest, Jaived*, have you lost it completely? I see that you
are having one hell of a conversation with yourself in this thread. I
suppose that it would be rather too much to ask for you to end it so
that I do not have to go through the tedious process of killfiling you
again?

--
Rodney Ulyate

* Old habits die hard.

Bhadkhau

Jan 28, 2008, 9:28:41 AM1/28/08

I think he has lost it completely. He brings out some of his old aliases
and immediately says they are impostors after 1 post. I don't think
he'll use them so often that they'll warrant kill filing; 'sirius' and
'squarecut' haven’t been seen since 2004. A cursory glance guarantees
him to have had over 50 aliases in the last few years and many more
probable aliases. Maybe he'll bring out more and accuse them of being
impostors.

Looking at the headers though, it could've been the FBI.
Maybe his life is actually in grave danger.

--Dr. Bhadkhau

subi...@notmail.com

Jan 28, 2008, 9:42:34 AM1/28/08
On Jan 26, 1:03 pm, "Will_S" <willsj...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> "CoverPoint" <CoverPo...@cricket.com> wrote in message

> > "Will_S" <willsj...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>
> >> "CoverPoint" <CoverPo...@cricket.com> wrote in message

> >> well then in the rest of the World Ponting must absolutely slaughter SRT
>
> > Very poor logic.
>
> > India is where batsmen have to conquer to prove they are the best
> > in the business playing spin in the land of spin.
>
> > Australia is the where batsmen have to conquer to prove they
> > are the best in the business playing fast bowling.
>
> > Tendulkar conqered Australia while Ponting failed in India.
>
> What is Pontings average ? What is SRT's average ?
>
> Over a full career this is the final figure that counts and selecting just
> certain countries show you are clutching at straws

ha ha ha, are you really claiming that ponting is a better batsman
than tendulkar? you perhaps do not have any aesthetic sense with
respect to cricket. and recall that if you argue that aus have had the
best bowling attack over the past 15 years, then ponting has never had
to face them.

subi...@notmail.com

Jan 28, 2008, 9:43:30 AM1/28/08
On Jan 26, 11:04 am, "Jack" <jt20...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "subi...@notmail.com" <subi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

and the prize for the racist of the day goes to......

bhandava

Jan 28, 2008, 10:59:58 AM1/28/08
Cicero wrote:

> "Gene Mean" <tastyg...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> How does that prove one is better than the other? Shouldn't you be
>> comparing their records against the same countries? eg, v England, v
>> South Africa, v Pakistan etc...
>>
>> ...and picking records against one country isn't going to prove much.
>> I could just have easily said Tendulkar averages 41.50 in New Zealand
>> while Ponting averages 97.66 there. Doesn't really make Ponting a
>> better batsman than Tendulkar overall, now does it?
>>
>> I'm not really sure why you feel the need to find solace by trying to
>> prove Tendulkar is better anyway... the other ten Indian players out
>> there are doing quite well at the moment as well...
>>

> Good post. This newsgroup was so much better when we played Sri Lanka.

Sri Lankan fans are generally more intelligent and FAR less racist than
the whinging Indian fans on here. Educated Indian fans are few and far
between on RSC. Lankans don't lack national spirit, but they enjoy
cricket not just flag waving.

bhandava

prabh...@hotmail.com

Jan 28, 2008, 11:23:52 AM1/28/08
On Jan 28, 10:59 am, bhandava <bhandava_removet...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Cicero wrote:
>
> > "Gene Mean" <tastygrog...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> bhandava- Hide quoted text -

If you consider Liarry de Silva intelligent, not racist and not
whinging, then definitely you are sitting on your brain.

subi...@notmail.com

Jan 28, 2008, 11:59:53 AM1/28/08
> -let us see your reaction when ausland gets a 9-1 umpiring howlers

> disadvantage. and it was not only about the umpiring: it was about
> dodgy appeals and behaviour bordering on cheating by aussies. your
> insistence on the indian whinge is yet another pathetic effort to
> rewrite history, or you seem to be in denial. read you own country's
> newspapers to refresh your memory.
>
> I would be extremely displeased if the ACB went on like bunch of wingy prats
> like  the BCCI did

so i take it you are opposed to symonds telling ponting to tell the
teacher that harby was swearing at him? didn't see you protest against
such supreme hypocrisy and whingeing. apologies if you did.

subi...@notmail.com

Jan 28, 2008, 12:00:38 PM1/28/08
On Jan 25, 10:45 am, Thunnus Albacarus
<ThunnusAlbaca...@nothotmail.com> wrote:
> > let us see your reaction when ausland gets a 9-1 umpiring howlers
> > disadvantage. and it was not only about the umpiring: it was about
> > dodgy appeals and behaviour bordering on cheating by aussies. your
> > insistence on the indian whinge is yet another pathetic effort to
> > rewrite history, or you seem to be in denial. read you own country's
> > newspapers to refresh your memory.
>
> We used to get the raw end every time we played in India and Pakistan
> when they used home umnpires. Thats the reason we have impartial  umpires
> nowdays.
>
> Winge winge winge winge thats all were hearing now from the Indians.

that is whinge whinge whinge whinge.

sudha

Jan 28, 2008, 12:01:34 PM1/28/08

> Sri Lankan fans are generally more intelligent and FAR less racist than
> the whinging Indian fans on here. Educated Indian fans are few and far
> between on RSC. Lankans don't lack national spirit, but they enjoy
> cricket not just flag waving.
>
> bhandava

For the Aussie the enemy keeps changing, it was Murli before, now it
is Bhajji and Indians.
On the non sport front, being the number one percapita greenhouse gas
emitter of the world, the Aussies have picked up a fight with the
Japanese on whaling. The discourse has already reached verbal, shrill
racial mode if you read debates on on other forums or watch You
tube videos.
Read this
Understanding the Australian
http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2008/jan/14guest.htm

bhandava

Jan 28, 2008, 3:24:17 PM1/28/08

If Larry is your prime example of Sri Lankan racism and stupidity, then
you emphasise my point exactly. Hmmm... which is a worse example, Larry
or the Jason Gillespie/Madhav/coverpoint/sampath/husband of fbi n nsa
agents/cricketleague/squarecut/ivar/andrew symonds bona-fide lunatic
with 50 aliases? There are other examples too, ranging from simple
racist trolls to those who post verbatim others views from unnecessarily
inflammatory articles to provoke reaction.

Educated Indian fans seem to either post infrequently or leave the group
due to the floods of nationalist illiterate trolls.

bhandava

bhandava

Jan 28, 2008, 3:28:33 PM1/28/08

If you think some Aussies are behaving like racist idiots, why drop to
their level to retaliate. Pity idiots, even toy with them, but don't
behave like a racist idiot yourself (even though it's tempting).
Besides, a few retards on forums/NGs don't represent all Aussies.

At last years Mumbai ODI, I witnessed huge parts of the crowd chanting
'Aussies suck' amongst other things, sticking their middle fingers up
and swearing their heads off at the Australian cricketers. Many of these
'fans' left the game early in Indias innings when they thought India may
lose, they missed the fightback and really weren't there to watch
cricket. Leaving aside any monkey business; racist chants and gestures
continued even after the match was won. Do all Indians behave like that?
Only an ignorant fool would think so, just as only an ignorant fool
would think that of any countries populace.

I don't really see a proper relation between greenhouse emissions
figures and protesting of whaling. Japanese whaling kills protected
species as well as common species. There's been Australian media
attention since a protester stupidly boarded a whaling vessel and the
Japanese supposedly illegally entered Australian waters to whale. On the
subject, Australians protest emissions as well as whaling. It seems a
major concern for the government, especially the brown coal power
plants. The newly elected government has also recently ratified the
Kyoto Protocol and greenhouse emissions are being further reined in.
Apparently Australia is the number one per capita greenhouse gas emitter
in the *developed* world; look at Qatar or UAE for instance. The
original CGD report that mentions the number one ranking, only ranks 21
countries. I would rather personally interpret the actual sources of
information than pay attention to small children and other ignorant
parties 'debate' on YouTube/random forums.

IMO, Rediff is in the same league as the lowest Aussie gutter press;
fluff pieces and poorly researched pieces with thin arguments. Mostly
low credibility, heavily biased, sensationalist articles aiming to
promote a reaction rather than provide information.

bhandava

dechucka

Jan 28, 2008, 3:38:50 PM1/28/08

-so i take it you are opposed to symonds telling ponting to tell the

teacher that harby was swearing at him? didn't see you protest against
such supreme hypocrisy and whingeing. apologies if you did.

Australia like normal were playing by the rules, there was an ICC directive
to report all racist comments. There has been no ICC directive for the BCCI
to be prats

Rodney Ulyate

Jan 30, 2008, 1:21:19 PM1/30/08
Bhadkhau wrote:
[...]

> Maybe his life is actually in grave danger.

Sadly, I am sorely tempted to say, "We can only hope."

--
Rodney Ulyate

"He was effectively 40* before he faced a ball, so thoroughly did he
demoralise the fielding side simply by his swagger to the wicket."
Holmanculus

subi...@notmail.com

Jan 30, 2008, 1:29:59 PM1/30/08
On Jan 25, 9:17 am, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:

> I would be extremely displeased if the ACB went on like bunch of wingy prats
> like  the BCCI did

well now after the appeals process your entire country has gone on to
whingey prat mode, i hope you are 'extremely displeased'.

subi...@notmail.com

Jan 30, 2008, 1:31:50 PM1/30/08
On Jan 26, 11:04 am, "Jack" <jt20...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Piss off. Everything seems dodgy to you whiny scumbag cheats. It's bred into
> your culture to cheat and swindle.

er, according to judge hansen the whiney scumbag cheats would be......
you lot. as far as whose culture is into cheating and swindling,
please refer to his statement.

subi...@notmail.com

Jan 30, 2008, 1:32:51 PM1/30/08
On Jan 28, 8:59 pm, bhandava <bhandava_removet...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Cicero wrote:
>
> > "Gene Mean" <tastygrog...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

oh, so now you are also grading entire nations on some whinge-o-meter,
is it?

subi...@notmail.com

Jan 30, 2008, 1:34:39 PM1/30/08
On Jan 29, 1:38 am, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:

> Australia like normal were playing by the rules, there was an ICC directive
> to report all racist comments. There has been no ICC directive for the BCCI
> to be prats

except they cooked up the racism charge. doesn't seem like playing by
the rules to me.

bhandava

Jan 30, 2008, 1:38:10 PM1/30/08

Yes. Like the other 90% of posts here; except I actually have such a
device in my possession. However, it is highly classified and only
Subject 62(PDX) knows about its existence. This conversation never took
place.

bhandava

dechucka

Jan 30, 2008, 4:18:22 PM1/30/08

On Jan 29, 1:38 am, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:

> Australia like normal were playing by the rules, there was an ICC
> directive
> to report all racist comments. There has been no ICC directive for the
> BCCI
> to be prats

-except they cooked up the racism charge. doesn't seem like playing by
the rules to me.

Herpies was found guilty of abuse. What form that abuse took we will never
know due to the " he said I said " nature of the incident. From the vision
and stump mic it is obvious that Symonds heard herpies say monkey, herpies
claims he said maki or something else, what was actually said who knows. The
vision shows that this was not cooked up racism charges at best a
misunderstanding

dechucka

Jan 30, 2008, 4:19:31 PM1/30/08

On Jan 25, 9:17 am, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:

> I would be extremely displeased if the ACB went on like bunch of wingy
> prats
> like the BCCI did

-well now after the appeals process your entire country has gone on to

whingey prat mode, i hope you are 'extremely displeased'.

really I hadn't noticed, some examples of the whole country going on in
whingy prat mode would be enlightening