If the Knicks win, will they do it playing basketball?

1 view

Paul Keller - Sunnyvale DC

May 26, 1993, 11:01:13 AM5/26/93
Greg Anthony is a punk. Case closed.
This is the second coming of the Detriot Pistons.

paul J keller | giants, candlestick, & barry bonds
pke...@ingres.com
unix/VMS tech support |
=-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-=

Varun Singh

May 26, 1993, 11:50:38 AM5/26/93
Paul Keller - Sunnyvale DC (pke...@Ingres.COM) wrote:
: Greg Anthony is a punk. Case closed.

No..KJ is a punk. Case closed

Leave poor Greg alone...he needs to work on his jumper.

: This is the second coming of the Detriot Pistons.

Yeah...I think they won the championship or something in '89-90

: paul J keller | giants, candlestick, & barry bonds

: pke...@ingres.com
: unix/VMS tech support |
: =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-=

| | |\ | | | | If we could beat the NCAA, we could beat anybody!
|__| | \| |__ \/ >GO SPURS & The Fab. #50

eiv...@cms.cc.wayne.edu

May 26, 1993, 1:51:54 PM5/26/93
va...@stein2.u.washington.edu (Varun Singh) writes:
>Paul Keller - Sunnyvale DC (pke...@Ingres.COM) wrote:

>: This is the second coming of the [Detroit] Pistons.

> Yeah...I think they won the championship or something in '89-90

Yep. Back-to-back Championships and several years of domination
over the Bulls! Go for it, New York!

They also made 3 straight trips to the finals which is more than
the Bulls will be able to say. :)

>: paul J keller | giants, candlestick, & barry bonds

--Eric

DAS, PURANDAR GURURAJ

May 26, 1993, 2:38:00 PM5/26/93
In article <1993May26.1...@pony.Ingres.COM>, pke...@Ingres.COM (Paul Keller - Sunnyvale DC) writes...

>Greg Anthony is a punk. Case closed.
>This is the second coming of the Detriot Pistons.

Yeah the KNICKS are going to win playing BASKETBALL, the kind "MEN" play. Not
the kind that the Cleveland Cavaliers played. Oh!, if Greg Anthony and
B.J. "Michael" Armstrong swapped uniforms you couldnt tell the difference
between them. Dont let that baby face fool you for a minute.

I loved the way Detroit played ball too!

Go PUNKS. Beat the living daylights out of a bunch of overrated, perennially
whining bunch of WIMPS. (The GREAT ONE excluded of course).

Joshua Konstadt

May 26, 1993, 12:30:41 PM5/26/93
Paul Keller - Sunnyvale DC writes
:Greg Anthony is a punk. Case closed.

:This is the second coming of the Detriot Pistons.

Second Coming is right! The Pistons were the last team to beat Chi in a
playoff series. And now it's deja vu all over again.

Joshua Konstadt

May 26, 1993, 12:35:42 PM5/26/93
I have never seen a coach more entralled in the play by play officiating of a
game. When does this guy actually settle down and call plays or lead his
team. Look at the way Williams and Purdue will get right in the refs face
after a call. That's what Jackson passes down. It's really disturbing to the
entire Bulls team completely swept away by a perceived lack of calls. It's
really too bad this team has lost focus.

R. S. Statsinger

May 26, 1993, 3:49:38 PM5/26/93

Well, they sure as hell won't do it playing soccer. Or football.
Or hockey. Or baseball.

>Greg Anthony is a punk. Case closed.
>This is the second coming of the Detriot Pistons.

What's your point? That the Knicks are a tough, physical team?
No question about it. That they are a DIRTY, CHEAPSHOT team?
Absolutely not. NO COMPARISON to the likes of Laimbeer and
Isiah.

If I were a Bulls fan, I'd be far more concerned about the
Bulls crying to the officials after every foul call, than I would
be about anything the Knicks have done.

R.S.

--
Don't even IMAGINE that these opinions have anything to do | BARNEY
with those of my employers, my customers, my Aunt Aileen, or | UBER

John Paul Phillips

May 26, 1993, 4:42:30 PM5/26/93
In article <1u03ke...@news.u.washington.edu>,
va...@stein2.u.washington.edu (Varun Singh) writes:
> Paul Keller - Sunnyvale DC (pke...@Ingres.COM) wrote:
> : Greg Anthony is a punk. Case closed.
>
> No..KJ is a punk. Case closed

No. You are a punk. Case closed.

WARNING: Not to be taken without a lavish amount of humor.

SUNS #1!

John Paul Phillips : What, me speak for NASA?
"AzJohn" :
NASA - Langley Research Center:
Hampton, Virginia, USA

Leo James

May 26, 1993, 2:37:23 PM5/26/93

Left our objectivity at home this morning, have we? GET REAL!!! Anyone
who saw that call last night knows that it was an overaction by the ref-
erees because they feared that they were losing control of the game. It
was a makeup call for the Pippen ejection and was only called because it
was the infamous Greg Anthony fouling Michael Jordan. Frankly, the real
punk here is ex-Knick backup Phil Jackson. He was so out of control last
night, his players were trying to keep him from being tossed. The Knicks
are focused.
--
+-------- all --------+------- rights --------+------- reserved ------+
|Leopold E. James | "A heart, a soul, AND | AT&T Paradyne |

Joshua Konstadt

May 26, 1993, 7:34:07 PM5/26/93
In article <1u0kn...@rave.larc.nasa.gov> azj...@eagle.larc.nasa.gov (John Paul Phillips) writes:
:In article <1u03ke...@news.u.washington.edu>,
:va...@stein2.u.washington.edu (Varun Singh) writes:
:> Paul Keller - Sunnyvale DC (pke...@Ingres.COM) wrote:
:> : Greg Anthony is a punk. Case closed.
:>
:> No..KJ is a punk. Case closed
:>
: No. You are a punk. Case closed.
:
:WARNING: Not to be taken without a lavish amount of humor.
:
:
:SUNS #1!

An unbiased observer says "KJ is a punk." Actually, I don't know if I
could turn up an unbiased observer as a reference, but as a Knick fan,
I'll say "KJ is a punk."

Frederick Richard Polli

May 27, 1993, 8:16:17 AM5/27/93
The Bulls better be careful with the referee whining,
because you could see Tuesday night that the referees were
getting pissed off at it. Working the refs and pleading your
case is one thing, but when you WHINE and scream at _every_
call (a la Phil Jackson and Scott Williams), the refs are going
to lose patience with you. I really think that this series is
going to see Jackson's legendary constant search for an edge
backfire on him.

arun ramamurthi

May 27, 1993, 8:56:27 AM5/27/93
If Pippen ever wakes up and realizes he is more talented than any Knick
defending him instead of getting caught up in these moronic mind
games, the Bulls will give the Knicks a much tougher time. But all this
whining by the Bulls is getting on the nerves of not only the refs but
the viewing audience as well. Pathetic.

Arun
--
You don't have to be crazy to work here, but a lot of the people have
serious emotional disorders that I find really depressing.

Ahmet M. Cakmakci

May 27, 1993, 10:13:19 AM5/27/93

I think he is just getting a free ride on MJ's shoulders like rest of the
Chicago team. I feel very sorry when people talk abot Randy Pfund being a
good or bad coach(As being a Lakers fan). What does Phil Jackson do that
Pfund can not do? I think this Chicago team is nothing but a Jordan illusion.
I wish it were possible to take the highest scoring guy from each team out and
see what the rest will do?

A Die Hard Lakers fan stuck in Knicksland]

Disclaimer : My only association with Knicks is Pat Riley.

Andrew Markham P205

May 27, 1993, 1:53:25 PM5/27/93
cakm...@mothra.syr.EDU (Ahmet M. Cakmakci) writes:

>I think he is just getting a free ride on MJ's shoulders like rest of the
>Chicago team. I feel very sorry when people talk abot Randy Pfund being a
>good or bad coach(As being a Lakers fan). What does Phil Jackson do that
>Pfund can not do?

He sure as hell wouldn't have Byron Scott throwing up some wild three
pointer, in the closing seconds of a tie ball game, when Worthy and Divac
were scoring at will just before that...

>I think this Chicago team is nothing but a Jordan illusion. I wish it were
>possible to take the highest scoring guy from each team out and see what
>the rest will do?

That would certainly prove something!!!

--
Andrew W. Markham Bell Northern Research UNC 1993 National Champions
mar...@bnr.ca RTP, NC How 'bout em?

'You come strong, or you don't come at all.' __Reebok Blacktop__

Dhananjay B Ghonasgi

May 27, 1993, 1:46:54 PM5/27/93
In article <1993May27.1...@newstand.syr.edu> cakm...@mothra.syr.EDU (Ahmet M. Cakmakci) writes:

>I wish it were possible to take the highest scoring guy from each team out and
>see what the rest will do?

Its easy. Seattle would win it all.

--
__ Dhananjay Ghonasgi
/ ) / ghon...@owlnet.rice.edu

Alan McKay

May 27, 1993, 4:06:19 PM5/27/93

>>Greg Anthony is a punk. Case closed.
>>This is the second coming of the Detriot Pistons.

To paraphrase columnist Mike Lopresti, it is a measure of how far the Bulls
(and their fans) have sunk, that they have gone from whining about Bill
Lambier/Rick Mahorn/Dennis Rodman to whining about a 6'2" reserve guard.

The big question now is, will the Bulls go out gracefully, or will they
slink away sullenly like the Pistons did?

....al
w.a. mckay
desert research institute
reno, nevada

Bill Armstrong

May 27, 1993, 2:47:48 PM5/27/93
Ahmet M. Cakmacki writes:

> I wish it were possible to take the highest scoring guy from each team out
> and see what the rest will do?

And the "Mighty Nuggets" win it all folks!!!

--

Bill Armstrong sen...@neocad.com
NeoCAD, Inc. 2585 Central Avenue, Boulder, CO 80301

R. S. Statsinger

May 27, 1993, 5:11:08 PM5/27/93
In article <C7p5p...@news.rich.bnr.ca> mar...@brtph678.bnr.ca (Andrew Markham P205) writes:

|He sure as hell wouldn't have Byron Scott throwing up some wild three
|pointer, in the closing seconds of a tie ball game, when Worthy and Divac
|were scoring at will just before that...

SHIT.

I'd almost manage to completely repress that vile horrible memory.

And here you go bringing it up to the surface again like a pustulent
boil on someone's rear end.

Oh well. Maybe Scott will be in Chicago next year. We can only hope. :-)

ROH JOHN J

May 28, 1993, 3:25:46 AM5/28/93
In article <1993May26.1...@pony.Ingres.COM> pke...@Ingres.COM (Paul Keller - Sunnyvale DC) writes:

They are worse than the Pistons. Also, I wouldn't be surprised
if the referees were paid off by the Knicks or by some new York
city organization like the ...MAFIA? We all know that new york
mafia is powerful, they probably would like to see their boys
win, so they "ask" the referees to call the game "fairly"(Wink,wink).
Believe it or not, this isn't so far fetched, you know how mafis
can determine the outcome of a sporting event. Things like this have
happened before. If not the mafia, there are other powerful people
having ties to NYC.

BTW, don't take this too seriously, boys and girls. :) However,
I do think that the officiating was biased against the Bulls. It
could've been due to the crowd. We'll see what happens in Chicago.

Jamie Lubin

May 28, 1993, 9:41:00 AM5/28/93
In article <1993May28.0...@ucsu.Colorado.EDU> r...@spot.Colorado.EDU (ROH JOHN J) writes:
>In article <1993May26.1...@pony.Ingres.COM> pke...@Ingres.COM (Paul Keller - Sunnyvale DC) writes:
>>Greg Anthony is a punk. Case closed.
>>This is the second coming of the Detriot Pistons.
>
> They are worse than the Pistons. Also, I wouldn't be surprised
> if the referees were paid off by the Knicks or by some new York
> city organization like the ...MAFIA? We all know that new york
> mafia is powerful, they probably would like to see their boys
> win, so they "ask" the referees to call the game "fairly"(Wink,wink).
> Believe it or not, this isn't so far fetched, you know how mafis
> can determine the outcome of a sporting event. Things like this have
> happened before. If not the mafia, there are other powerful people
> having ties to NYC.
>
> BTW, don't take this too seriously, boys and girls. :) However,
> I do think that the officiating was biased against the Bulls. It
> could've been due to the crowd. We'll see what happens in Chicago.
---------------------------------
Is that where the Chicago Mafia takes over??

And now a scene from game 3:

MJ (grazed on his forearm by a finger): Ref, he hit me!!
Ref: Don't you know to stand on a hard 18!!

Jamie Lubin

May 28, 1993, 11:30:08 AM5/28/93
In article <1993May28....@inland.com> bl...@inland.com writes:
>And besides, just what is that shit in Riley's hair?

He has the "dry look" at game time, but after a barrage of projectile saliva
from Phil Jackson, his coaches & other assorted whiners re poor officiating..;-)

bl...@inland.com

May 28, 1993, 11:33:41 AM5/28/93
In article <1993May27....@physics.unr.edu>, al...@sierra.unr.edu (Alan McKay) writes:

> To paraphrase columnist Mike Lopresti, it is a measure of how far the Bulls
> (and their fans) have sunk,

To paraphrase Ted Bloom:
Who cares about Mike Lopresti when Mike Jordan is playing?

book...@vax.clarku.edu

May 28, 1993, 1:13:40 PM5/28/93
I guess this year makes up for some of the biased officiating the Bulls have
received the last two years. Let's face it, if your team; the one you live and
die for, is losing you justify it by complaining about "bad" calls.
We all do it. I am convinced there is a conspiracy against the Celtics. I have
never seen such biased ref'ing game after game against a team.

Frankly, I wish people would realize that bad calls and crappy officiating are
part of the game. Hopefully, it balances out in time. The best team should win
in a 7 game series, regardless of other factors.

mitch

May 29, 1993, 2:56:14 AM5/29/93
In article <1u0hki...@lynx.unm.edu> rob...@aero.org (R. S. Statsinger) writes:

>Well, they sure as hell won't do it playing soccer. Or football.
>Or hockey. Or baseball.

Good one.

Play Hard or go home!

I LOVE this game.

TechnoDan

May 31, 1993, 9:57:32 PM5/31/93
u490...@elm.circa.ufl.edu (arun ramamurthi) writes:

The lobbinyg doenb by Phil Jackson hasnt gotten on my nerves one bit.
What HAS gotten on my nerves is the constant labelling of the Bulls as
whiners. Phil's just doing his job. Everyone knows its to the bulls
benefit to get away from a physical gmae, and thats what Phil is tryin
to do. If he wasnt lobbiyng the referees like he is, he should be fired.

--
-Dan DuBois dmd3...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

"Damn, I'm sweatin like a nigga at a white woman's funeral!"
- Da Lench Mob

Frank Brown 726-0415

Jun 1, 1993, 12:15:05 PM6/1/93

Frank Brown 726-0415

Jun 1, 1993, 12:20:10 PM6/1/93
In article <C7x6r...@news.cso.uiuc.edu> dmd3...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (TechnoDan) writes:

>--
>-Dan DuBois dmd3...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
>
> "Damn, I'm sweatin like a nigga at a white woman's funeral!"
> - Da Lench Mob

Shouldn't you have posted this to alt.politics.bigots.incendiary? WHy dont you
get a sig that doesn't have racial overtones? Or is that the idea to stir
someething up.

Frank

Andrew Markham P205

Jun 1, 1993, 2:10:15 PM6/1/93

Shouldn't you have posted this to alt.censorship? If you don't like it don't
read it. It's probably a lyric that he likes and decided to share it with
the group with no harmful intent.

"Some white boys don't play that sh*t!"
- Third Bass
(actually a Richard Pryor sampling)

Oh, and to keep it basketball related...

"All the jealous punks can't stop the dunk!"
- Public Enemy

John Econopouly

Jun 1, 1993, 2:52:16 PM6/1/93
I don't find this .sig incendiary or bigotted. It certainly has racial
overtones, but to me they are amusing. And even if it was bigotry, so
what?

My point is that if you have a problem with a persons .sig, that
is a matter between the two of you, and not of interest to the rest of this
group. At least the original article dealt with basketball; yours did not.
---
John Econopouly | Walk the dog - You shouldn't be sleepin alone
joh...@cns.nyu.edu | Walk the dog - She'll help you bury that bone
| Walk the dog - You know she's man's best friend
| Walk the dog - You'll stick together until the end

Barat Shah

Jun 1, 1993, 6:40:19 PM6/1/93
In article <1u0hki...@lynx.unm.edu> rob...@aero.org (R. S. Statsinger) writes:

>Well, they sure as hell won't do it playing soccer. Or football.
>Or hockey. Or baseball.
>
>>Greg Anthony is a punk. Case closed.
>>This is the second coming of the Detriot Pistons.
>
>What's your point? That the Knicks are a tough, physical team?
>No question about it. That they are a DIRTY, CHEAPSHOT team?
>Absolutely not. NO COMPARISON to the likes of Laimbeer and
>Isiah.
>
>If I were a Bulls fan, I'd be far more concerned about the
>Bulls crying to the officials after every foul call, than I would
>be about anything the Knicks have done.
>

> R.S.

I would be concerned about the lack of Knicks not sending a message!
About Riley not stepping up and using media to his advantage! If MJ can
threaten anthony- hey Ewing / Oakley should send a simple message-
anyone touches our guards aka grant m.j., they will most probably see MJ
targetted! thats it! pure and simple. if you let jordan run around untouched
then evert time you breath on him you get a flagrant foul!

Sounds horrible- but you need to keep the externals balanced to win
ont the court

Frank Brown 726-0415

Jun 2, 1993, 10:32:11 AM6/2/93
In article <C7yFt...@news.rich.bnr.ca> mar...@brtph678.bnr.ca (Andrew Markham P205) writes:
>fbr...@seaway.ssd.kodak.com (Frank Brown 726-0415) writes:
>>dmd3...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (TechnoDan) writes:
>>> - Da Lench Mob
>>

>>Shouldn't you have posted this to alt.politics.bigots.incendiary? WHy dont you
>>get a sig that doesn't have racial overtones? Or is that the idea to stir
>>someething up.
>>
>>Frank
>
>Shouldn't you have posted this to alt.censorship? If you don't like it don't
>read it. It's probably a lyric that he likes and decided to share it with
>the group with no harmful intent.

You are right. Racist names should not be censored after all this is
America. His shall be the first name ever in my kill file so I dont
have to read it.

> "Some white boys don't play that sh*t!"
> - Third Bass
> (actually a Richard Pryor sampling)
>
>Oh, and to keep it basketball related...

It seems as though Horace has been a major factor in this series.
He shows up the Bulls win. He doesn't they lose. Lets see if
he does tonight.

Frank